你是不是在憋什么坏水?
You haven’t got some scheme you’ve been hatching up?
我向你保证没有
Oh, I promise you I haven’t.
鉴于拉里让她改邪归正了…
I’m terribly curious to see what she looks like…
…我非常好奇她现在是什么样子
…now that Larry’s reformed her.
-拉里 -哦,你在这儿啊
– Larry. – Oh, there you are.
请问一下毛姆先生定的位置在哪里?
Excuse me. Mr. Maugham’s table?
-在大厅,先生 -谢谢
– In the lounge, monsieur. – Thank you.
拉里,你觉得怎么样?
Larry. You like it?
你看起来很好,走吧
You look fine, come on.
-你好,拉里 -基思小姐
– Hello, Larry. – Miss Keith.
-你好 -很高兴见到你
– How do you do? – Nice to see you.
你好,索菲 -你好,伊莎贝尔
– Hello, Sophie. – Oh, hello, Isabel.
-索菲,我真为你高兴 -谢谢
– Sophie, I’m so happy for you. – Thank you.
-你好,拉里,在这儿呢 -谢谢你邀请我们
– Hello, Larry. Here they are. – Thank you for asking us.
-你好,格雷 -你好,拉里
– Hello, Gray. – Hello, Larry.
-伊莎贝尔说你感觉好些了 -不只是好些了,好太多了
– Isabel says you’re feeling much better. – Better‘s not the word, I feel great.
自从上次之后我都没吃过安♥眠♥药♥了
I haven’t taken a sleeping pill since we went out together.
如果你想挂牌,告诉我一声,我就是你的经纪人了
I’m your press agent, if you ever hang out your shingle, let me know.
-我会的 -哦,鸡尾酒
– I’ll do that. – Oh, a cocktail.
-我不用了,谢谢 -给
– No, thank you. – Here.
-我也不要,谢谢 -你不介意我们喝吧?
– No, thanks. – You don’t mind if we do?
-当然不 -请便
– Oh, no, of course not. – Go right ahead.
噢,艾略特舅舅来了
Oh, look. Uncle Elliott.
他简直把这里当他家了
He behaves exactly as if the Ritz were his private house.
他肯定在说他们接受了邀请他有多高兴
I’m sure he’s telling them how pleased he is they accepted his invitation.
我不想讨论这个
I’d rather not discuss it.
伊莎贝尔,这该死的女人
Isabel. That bloody woman.
最近如何?再次见到你真是太好了
How do you do? It’s charming to see you again.
真心地祝愿你幸福
May I offer you my best wishes? I hope you’ll be very happy.
谢谢你
Thank you.
-你也是 -谢谢
– The same to you. – Thank you.
要鸡尾酒吗,艾略特?
Cocktail, Elliott?
不,我不喝鸡尾酒,我只喝维希矿泉水
No, I would not like a cocktail. I drink nothing but Vichy.
你们看,都认识她吧,艾德娜·诺瓦玛莉公主
Look at her. You all know her, of course. The Princess Edna Novemali.
你绝对想不到她是美国人
You’d never think she was American.
但她从密尔沃基来之前我就认识她了
But I knew her before she came over here from Milwaukee.
还有她那沮丧的老处♥女♥秘书
And that frustrated old-maid secretary of hers.
要我说,她们俩就像从杜莎夫人蜡像馆逃出来的
If you ask me they look like a couple of fugitives from Madame Tussaud’s waxworks.
亲爱的,你和拉里准备去哪里度蜜月?
And where will you and Larry go on your honeymoon, my dear?
希腊,对吧?
Greece, isn’t it?
-希腊? -这个季节应该最合适了
– Greece? – It ought to be lovely this time of year.
-最合适了 -格雷,来杯利口酒?
– Lovely. – How about a liqueur, Gray?
-好啊 -来,这里
– Yes, I think I will. – Ah, yes, this.
索菲呢?
Sophie?
-不了,谢谢 -这可是上好的酒
– No, thanks. – You’re very foolish my dear. It’s excellent.
别劝了艾略特舅舅,她不想喝
No, Uncle Elliott, she doesn’t want it.
-格雷? -请问还需要杯子吗?
– Gray? – A little glass for monsieur?
不用了,我不喝,我的医生不让我喝酒
No, alas, it’s forbidden me. My doctors won’t let me touch alcohol.
一点Perzovka没关系的
A tear of Perzovka can do monsieur no harm.
Perzovka啊,Perzovka
Perzovka. Perzovka.
拿过来我看看吧
I’ll just have a look at the bottle.
你生病了艾略特,你自己要多注意
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been ill, Elliott. You should take care of yourself.
Perzovka
Perzovka.
不会有什么大碍的,我只喝一口
It can’t hurt me for once. Just a drop.
也许,两口吧
Two drops, perhaps.
我们以前在Radziwills打猎的时候喝过这酒
We drank it at the Radziwills when I stayed with them for the shooting.
你们真该看看那些波兰王子喝它的样子
You should have seen those Polish princes putting it away.
他们一饮而尽,中途都不停一下的
They drink it by the tumbler and never turn a hair.
索菲不管你是不是戒酒了,你一定要试试
I don’t care whether Sophie’s on the wagon or not, she must try this.
任何人都不能错过
It’s an experience no one can miss.
就像在月光下听着音乐
It’s like listening to music by moonlight.
还是不了
I’d rather not.
伊莎贝尔?
Isabel?
闻起来不错
Nice smell.
里面加了药草
That’s the herbs they put in it.
哦太好喝了,我们能带回去一些吗?
Oh, very good. Can we have some of this at the apartment?
当然可以,回头我让人给你们送几瓶
Certainly. I’ll have a few bottles sent around.
你刚刚说是什么感觉来着艾略特舅舅?
What did you say it was like, Uncle Elliott?
在月光下听音乐
Like listening to music by moonlight.
真是啊
It is.
索菲
Sophie.
-怎么了? -我在莫利纽科看到一件特别美的婚纱…
– Yes? – I saw the most divine wedding dress at Molyneux’s.
我想把它作为结婚礼物送给你
Let me give it to you for a wedding present.
-这也是艾略特舅舅的意思 -什么?
– Uncle Elliott and me. – What?
-谢谢你们的好意,但是索菲已经挑好婚纱了 -别这样,拉里
-Than’s very nice of you but Sophie has one already picked out. – Oh, don’t be stuffy, Larry.
让我们送吧,我会安排好试衣的
Let us give her a dress. I’ll call and arrange a fitting.
可以吧?
May she?
-当然,你真是太好了 -谢谢,谢谢你们
– Certainly. It’s very nice of you. – Thank you, both of you.
不用谢,根本不用谢
Not at all, not at all.
那你明天三点到公♥寓♥来找我?
Suppose you pick me up tomorrow at 3 at the apartment?
-拉里你知道地址吧? -是的
– You know the address, don’t you? – Yes.
天啊,你就别来了,你可是新郎
Oh, good heavens, we don’t want you. You’re only the groom.
明天三点见
I’ll see you at 3.
是的,聚会还不错
Yes, it was a lovely party.
我当然知道
No, of course I did.
我表现得像个天使,就和平时一样
I behaved like an angel. I always do.
噢,别犯蠢了
Oh, how silly.
不要乱想
Stop imagining things.
我很严肃的
I meant every word of it.

Yes.
是的
Yes.
明天,五点
Tomorrow. At 5.
刚刚萨默塞特·毛姆打电♥话♥来了
That was Somerset Maugham on the telephone.
他总给我一种奇怪的感觉
He gives me the queerest feeling.
就好像他总是会帮别人生活一样
As if he were leading other people’s lives for them.
可能这就是小说家的通病吧
But I daresay that comes of being a novelist.

Here.
谢谢
Thanks.
毛姆先生
Mr. Maugham.
那天晚上我说他是个摆臭架子的人
I called him a stuffed shirt that night.
这有什么?都已经过去了,你也变了
What does it matter? That’s all past. You weren’t yourself.
我进来的时候你好像在发呆,在想什么?拉里吗?
Your mind was miles away when I came in. Where was it? With Larry?
-不,我没有想他 -那是在想什么?
– No, right here. I was thinking. – What?
-你一直都想得到拉里 -我一直想要他开心
– You always wanted Larry for yourself. – I’ve always wanted to see him happy.
你恨我嫁给他,对吧?
You hate me for marrying him, don’t you?
不,一点也不
No. I don’t hate you at all.
我只是讨厌任何妨碍他幸福的人或事
I’d hate anyone or anything that came in the way of his happiness.
-我会做个好妻子的 -希望你会
– I’ll be a good wife. – I hope you will.
我以前就是个好妻子
I was before.
我知道,索菲,别误会我
I know you were. Sophie, don’t misunderstand me.
我没有
I don’t.
你喝什么?咖啡?加冰吗?
What are we getting into? Coffee? Ice?
不了,谢谢
No, thanks.
我要去喝一杯
I’m going to have a drink.
噢,看,艾略特舅舅送来了Perzovka
Oh, look. Uncle Elliott sent the Perzovka.
什么? -你不记得了?
– The what? – Don’t you remember?
他昨天对这酒赞不绝口
He raved about it yesterday.
哦,Perzovka
Oh, yes, the Perzovka.
可怜的艾略特叔叔
Poor Uncle Elliott.
他曾经夸大了那么多事情,但这一次,他是对的
Exaggerates about so many things, but for once, he’s right.
我喜欢这颜色
I love the color.
就像在白玫瑰花蕊里能看到的绿色
Like the green you sometimes see in the heart of a white rose.
可怜的索菲
Poor Sophie.
从拉比街那晚,我就再没喝过酒
I haven’t had a drink since that night in the rue de Lappe.
突然一下子完全断掉一定很难受吧
It must be awful just to break off completely, all at once.
有时,我一个人的时候…
Sometimes when I’ve been alone…
…我简直想把房♥子拆了
…I’ve wanted to shake the house down.
但是我已经戒了
But I’ve quit.
-昨天在丽兹酒店就很难挨 -我知道,我看到了
– Yesterday at the Ritz was tough going. – I know, I saw it.
是吗?看得出来吗?
Did you? Did I show it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!