我想只有我看得出来,因为这对我很重要
Only to me, I think. It meant something to me.
拉里,你的意思是,拉里的幸福
Larry, you mean. Larry’s happiness.
他很好
He’s good.
他真的很好,伊莎贝尔
He’s really good, Isabel.
但我却迷失了,一切都回不来了
I was gone. Lost. Gone.
我知道,这是我唯一的机会
This is my only chance. I know that.
我过去一下
Excuse me.
-车到了? -是的,夫人
– Is the car here? – Yes, madame.
我们能继续谈谈吗?
Could we talk more?
-当然,随你的便 -那你等我一会儿?
– Of course, as much as you want. – Will you wait for me?
我得去牙医那里接琼,我答应她了
I’ve got to pick up Joan at the dentist’s. I promised I would.
你的孩子吗?
Your baby.
-她现在多大了? – 七岁
– How old is she now? – Seven.
这儿有照片
Here.
她真可爱
She’s lovely.
琳达十一月就九岁了
Linda would have been 9 in November.
就是这个十一月
This November that’s coming.
待在这儿,我一会儿回来我们再谈谈
Stay here. I’ll be back and we can talk.
如果你看到索菲·麦克唐纳,那个美国人,请告诉她我一会儿来找她
If you see Sophie MacDonald, the American, tell her I’ll be back later.
*不懂法语:(,但应该还是前面那句话*
嗨,小伙汁
Hi, big boy.
请给我一些Perzovka
Please pass me some Perzovka.
*法语找人中*
那是哪里?
Where’s that?
*法语找人中*
-我去伦敦的时候说过英语 -好,走吧
– I speak the English from London. – Very well, come along.
我还是不进去的好,先生,我在那儿等你
It is better I do not go in, monsieur. I will wait for you there.
走吧索菲
Come on, Sophie.
我们离开这儿吧
Let’s get out of here.
你好,拉里
Hello, Larry.
来加入我们吧
Come on. Join us.
Perzovka
Perzovka.
你一定要尝尝
You must try some.
它闻起来像…
It smells like….
像在月光下听音乐
Like listening to music by moonlight.
走吧索菲,站住了
Come along, Sophie. Up you go. Up.
走,索菲
Come on, Sophie.
跟我走吧
Come with me now.
我们去别的地方喝
I’ll buy you a drink someplace else.
别碰我
Take your hands off me!
我不需要你,我谁都不需要
I don’t need you! I don’t need anyone!
那是我最后一次听到索菲的消息
That was the very last I saw or heard of Sophie MacDonald for almost a year.
那也是我们所有人最后一次听到她的消息
As a matter of record, it was the very last any of us knew of her.
为了写完我的书,我在维埃拉一个靠近费拉拉海角的小屋里安顿了下来
I settled down at my cottage on the Riviera near cap Ferrara to finish my book.
有一天突然收到一封土伦警♥察♥的信
And then one day, the police of Toulon sent for me.
早上好,毛姆先生
Good morning, Monsieur Maugham.
毛姆先生还戴着荣誉军团勋章呢
I see Monsieur Maugham wears the Légion d’Honneur.
是,这是我的勋章
I have that distinction.
我很抱歉要麻烦您这样尊贵的人
I apologize for being obliged to inconvenience a person of your distinction.
能帮上您的忙是我的荣幸
Nothing could make me happier than being of service to you.
是这个事情
Now, about this.
哦我知道,这是件很肮脏的事,先生
Yes. This is a very dirty business, monsieur.
索菲·麦克唐纳这个女人,名声似乎非常不好啊
It appears that the woman, Sophie MacDonald, had a very evil reputation.
她被残忍♥地杀害了
She was brutally murdered.
什么?
What?
她的尸体是在港口打捞上来的
Her body was fished out of the harbor.
她的喉咙被割了个大口子
Her throat was cut from ear to ear.
可怕
Dreadful.
像你这样年纪的人…
How does it happen that a person of your age…
…并且有这样的教养,怎么会认识这样一个人?
…and respectability should be acquainted with such a character?
-我们交情不深 -这本书是在她的房♥间里找到的
– I knew her very slightly. – This volume was found in her room.
你看看这页签名呢,恐怕你们的交情…
If you will examine the autographed page, you will see it hardly suggests…
…不像你说的那么浅吧
…that your acquaintance with her was as slight as you claim.
*据原著,这句话是法文写的*
“我的美人,我们一起去看玫瑰吧….”
“My sweet, let us see if the rose….”
如果你认为我是她的情人,那你就错了
If you think I was her lover, you’re wrong.
这不关我的事
It would be no affair of mine.
而且我无意冒犯…
And without wishing to say anything offensive to you…
…我必须补充一点,根据我听说的她的癖好…
…I must add that from what I’ve heard of her proclivities…
…敢说你也不是她喜欢的类型
…I should say you were not her type.
这算是你的赞美吧
I’m prepared to take that as a compliment.
不过,你显然也不会和一个完全陌生的人说…
Nevertheless, it is evident you would not address a perfect stranger…
…“我的美人”
…as “my sweet.”
那是龙沙的一首著名的诗的第一行…
That line, monsieur le commissaire, is the first of a celebrated poem by Ronsard…
…我相信像你这样有文化的人一定很熟悉他的作品吧
…with whose works I am certain a man of your education must be familiar.
龙沙…龙沙…哦,龙沙啊
Ronsard, Ronsard. Oh, Ronsard.
当然,我在学校读过龙沙。
Of course, I studied Ronsard at school.
但我必须承认,现在工作太多了,我忘记了
But with all the work I have to do, I must confess that line has escaped my memory.
这本书是几年前我在芝加哥的时候给她签的
As a matter of fact, I signed this book for her years ago in Chicago.
你好,毛姆先生
Hello, Mr. Maugham.
你怎么在这儿,我还以为你在萨纳里呢
I didn’t know you were here. I thought you were in Sanary.
他们派人来找我了,他们告诉你了吗?
Yeah, they sent for me. Have they told you?
他们派人来找我了,他们告诉你了吗?
– It’s dreadful. – I’ve just seen her at the morgue, I have to identify her for the police.
-这太可怕了 -我刚刚在停尸房♥确认她的身份了
– It’s dreadful. – I’ve just seen her at the morgue, I have to identify her for the police.
毛姆先生,你认识他?
Pardon, Monsieur Maugham, do you know this individual?
毛姆先生,你认识他?
Pardon, Monsieur Maugham, do you know this individual?
是的,他是美国人,叫劳伦斯·达雷尔
I do. He’s an American citizen. His name is Lawrence Darrell.
你对劳伦斯·达雷尔先生了解多少?
And what do you know of Monsieur Lawrence Darrell?
他是一个学生,一个品格无可挑剔的年轻人
He’s a student, a young man of impeccable character.
无可挑剔啊
Impeccable, eh?
那你认识这个品行无可挑剔的年轻人多久了?
And how long have you known this young man of impeccable character?
大约十年了
Approximately 10 years.
葬礼安排好了吗?
Have any burial arrangements been made?
如果你们愿意自己承担葬礼的费用…
Well, if you are prepared to undertake the expense of the funeral yourself…
…你们会得到一个授权书的
…you will receive the necessary authorization.
这是承办人的名片,他是我的一个朋友…
Here is a card of an undertaker, a personal friend of mine…
…他会按规矩为你们利落安排妥当的
…who will arrange the matter for you on terms and with dispatch.
-你们办事效率真快 -您过誉了
– You are a marvel of efficiency. – You flatter me beaucoup.
我可以看看她住的地方吗?
May I see where she lived?
-你以前没去过? -没有
– You have not seen that room before? – No, I have not.

Look.
这些是谁?
Who are these people?
-这是她丈夫,这是她的孩子 -他们现在在哪?
– That’s her husband. That’s her baby. – Where are they now?
死了,很久之前的事了
Dead, monsieur. A long time ago.
把这些和她一起埋葬了吧
May those be buried with her?
-连着相框吗? -是的
– In that frame, monsieur? – Yes.
好,照您说的办
As you wish, monsieur.
这是她小的时候我读给她听的济慈的诗
This is the ode of Keats’ I read to her when she was a little girl.
我记得你在去拉比街的车里提过
I remember you mentioned it in the car, on the way from the rue de Lappe.
我永远都会记得这个
It’s something I’ve always remembered her by.
那一天来了,甜蜜的一切都已逝去
The day is gone And all its sweets are gone
甜嗓,柔唇,纤指,酥胸
Sweet voice, sweet lips, soft hand and softer breast
轻呴,低语,靡音
Warm breath, light whisper, tender semitone
明眸,腴体,慵腰
Bright eyes, accomplished shape and languorous waist!
褪去了鲜花初绽的魅力
Faded the flower and all its budded charms
褪去了我所见过的美丽景色
Faded the sight of beauty from my eyes
褪去了我所拥过的美好躯体
Faded the shape of beauty From my arms
褪去了所有音调,温暖,纯洁和欢愉
Faded the voice, warmth Whiteness, paradise
这一切都在黄昏之时褪去了
Vanished unseasonably at shut of eve
我建议你们去吃顿好的
My advice is that you go and have a good dinner.
我有一张土伦最好餐馆的名片
I have a card here of one of the best restaurants in Toulon.
你们会被好好招待的
It will assure you of the patron’s attention.
经历了这样的痛苦后,来瓶酒对你们来说再好不过了
A bottle of wine will do you both good after this harrowing experience.
我得去尼斯,艾略特的病又复发了
I’ve got to get to Nice. Elliott Templeton’s had a relapse.
真让人难过,格雷和伊莎贝尔知道吗?
I’m sorry to hear that. Do Gray and Isabel know?
知道,希望他们能及时赶来
Yes, I hope they’ll arrive in time.
-你也跟我一起吧 -我当然愿意…
– I wish you’d come. – I’d like to of course…
…但是艾略特从来就没待见过我
…but I was never one of Elliott’s favorites, if you remember.
-谢谢 -下午好,约瑟夫 -下午好 -下午好
– Thank you. Good afternoon, Joseph. – Good afternoon. Good afternoon.
我这就去告诉谈波登先生您来了
I’ll let Mr. Templeton know you’re here.
-他怎么样? -很虚弱,先生
– How is he? – Very weak, sir.
医生说已经没有希望了
The doctors say there’s no hope.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!