它曾支持过谁?它曾为谁做出过牺牲?
Who did it ever stand up for? Who did it ever make sacrifices for?
你现在想要保罗离开乐队
Now you want Paul gone.
你认为当初要是没有保罗我们可以成功和摩城唱片签约吗?
You think we could’ve gotten a contract with Motown without Paul?
等待保罗康复就意味着要让诱惑乐队在乐坛上消失
Waitin’ for Paul to get well could mean The Temptations die.
想想看,埃迪
Think about it, Eddie.
保罗不会想要这样的
Paul wouldn’t want that.
只是等到他好转为止
It’s just until he gets better.
奥蒂斯会像扔掉阿♥拉♥巴马州的垃圾一样把保罗扔出乐队
Otis is gonna throw Paul away like Alabama trash.
我不会让他这么做的。我要拯救保罗
I don’t wanna let him. I’m tryin’ to save Paul.
我也曾有过一位灵魂挚友,梅尔文
I used to have a soul, Melvin.
1970年11月
柯恩
Corn.
啊,很高兴见到你,老兄
Ah, it’s good to see you, man.
你像往常一样神采奕奕
You’re lookin’ sharp as usual.
我知道你最终会来我这里。我听说了保罗的事
I knew you’d show up eventually, though. I heard about Paul
他们让医生和所有人都参与进来。接下来是你
They got the doctors and everybody in on it. And you next.
我?是的,就是你
Me? Yeah, you.
我为乐队唱了《我的女孩》《我会放下我的傲慢去恳求》,结果你看看他们对我做了什么
I sang My girl, ” “ain’t too proud to beg. ” look what they did to me.
保罗就要离开乐队了,他可是你的孩子
Paul is gonna be gone, and that’s your boy.
鲨鱼在吃自己的内脏,柯恩
Shark’s eatin’ his own guts, Corn.
而在你走之后,这个乐队就什么都不是了,只剩下奥蒂斯和布鲁
And after you, ain’t gonna be nothin’ but Ot and Blue.
接下来他还会吃掉布鲁,因为这就是他们的风格
And he gonna eat blue too ’cause that’s the way them types is.
最好趁早退出这乐队。给你自己留点尊严
Better quit. Save yourself some dignity.
你根本就不知道你在说些什么,罗夫
You don’t know what you’re talking about, Ruff.
我们会回到演播室。等保罗好转后,我们就可以继续开始巡回演出了
We’re supposed to be back in the studio. When Paul gets better, we got the tour.
是啊。巡回演出
Yeah. The tour.
嘿,柯恩
Hey, Corn.
你的实力比他们都要强大,柯恩。就像我的实力比他们都要强大那样
You ‘re bigger than them, Corn just like I was bigger than them.
然后你要等待你的下一次成功。他们都会追随你的
And you wait till your next hit. They gonna come after you.
你最好趁早离开乐队…在你被踢出这乐队之前
You better leave… Before you get fired.
继续。只有最好的能赢到最后
Go ahead. Nothin’ but the best.
嘿!看看是谁回来了
Hey! Look who’s back.
宝贝!
Baby!
耶。好吧
Yeah. All right.
哦,伙计。嘿。耶。好吧
Oh, man. Hey. Yeah. All right.
好吧。很高兴见到你,保罗
All right. I’m glad to see you, Paul.
哦,好吧,你们知道我是不会错过一个扣球的
Oh, well, you know I’m not gonna miss a smash.
所以你也听说了
So you heard.
是的。埃迪告诉我的。他说我们一定会成功
Yeah. Eddie told me. He said we got a guaranteed smash.
是啊。诺曼在这件事上做得比他自己好
Yeah. Norman outdid himself on this one.
嘿然后,宝贝
Hey.And then, baby
然后,我们直接把它送到《科帕卡巴纳》节目组,你知道吗?
Then, we’re takin’ it straight to the Copa, you know?
哦,哦,哦,《科帕卡巴纳》。是的
Oh. Oh, the, oh, me Copa. Yeah.
我以为在保罗康复之前我们不会接受任何演出
Thought we weren’t takin’ any gigs till Paul got well.
你们知道保罗现在的情况,我们不得不接受这个事实
Well, you know Somethin’ came up, we had to take it.
等保罗身体康复,我们就马上去巡演
Then we go on tour right after.
带着保罗,真的吗?是的,是的。我就要康复了,行吗?
With Paul, right? Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’m, I’m goin’, right?
嘿嘿,如果你能胜任的话。是的,他能行
Hey. Hey, if you’re feelin’ up to it. Yeah, he’s up to it
是的,是的。你们都知道我的。我能行,喔!
Yeah, yeah. You know me. I’m up to it. Whoa!
嘿,宝贝。好吧,宝贝
Hey, baby. All right, baby.
好吧,让我们看看彩排进展如何,嗯?好吧好吧
Well, let’s just see how the rehearsals go, huh?All right. All right
好吧。很高兴你回来了
All right. It’s good to have you back.
女士们,我们能检查一下音高吗?
Ladies, can we check some levels?
好吧。好吧
All right. All right.
你得准备好。听到了吗?
You gotta be ready. You hear me?
哦,宝贝。我准备好了
Oh, baby. I’m ready.
是吗?
Yeah?
原曲:The Temptations – Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
发行时间:1971年
每天透过我的窗户向外看
Each day through my window
我看着她走过
I watch her as she passes by
哦,耶
Oh, yeah
我告诉我自己
I say to myself
你真幸运
You’re such a lucky guy
能有一个像她这样的女孩
To have a girl like her
这真是美梦成真
It is truly a dream come true
她不属于世界上其他的男人
Out of all of the fellas in the world
她只属于我
She belongs to me
但这些只是我的幻想。只是我的幻想
But it was just my imagination Just my imagination
有个女孩愿意和我一起逃跑
Runnin’ away with me
这只是我的幻想
It was just my imagination
有个女孩愿意和我一起逃跑
Runnin’ away with me
嘘。每晚我都跪着祈祷
Shoo Every night on my knees I pray
亲爱的主,请聆听我的恳求
Dear lord Hear my plea
永远不要让别人夺走她对我的爱
Don’t ever let another take her love from me
否则我肯定会哀痛而死
or I will surely die
她的爱是我的天堂
Her love is Heaven
当她的双臂拥抱我的时候
When her arms enfold me
我听到她温柔的狂想曲
I hear her tender rhapsody
但我相信现实
but I’m reality
她甚至都还不认识我
she doesn’t even know me
这只是我的幻想
Just my imagination
请再一次
Once again
和我一起逃跑
Runnin’ away with me
这只是我的幻想
It was just my imagination
有个女孩愿意和我一起逃跑
Runnin’ away with me
我从未遇见过她,可我却忘不掉她
I never met her I can’t forget her
她只是我的幻想
Just my imagination
哦,是的,是的,是的
Ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah
有个女孩愿意和我一起逃跑
Runnin’ away with me
可这只是我的幻想
It was just my imagination
有个女孩愿意和我一起逃跑
Runnin’ away with me
保罗依然没有康复,还不能回到乐队
Paul still wasn’t well enough to come back,
大卫的话击中了他们的软肋
And David’s words had hit their mark.
埃迪·肯德里克退出了诱惑乐队
Eddie Kendricks quit The Temptations.
来吧。让我看看你有多大长进
Come on. Let’s see what you got.
1972年的底特律
我不喜欢你搞这些花哨的东西,明白吗?是的,我看见你了
I’m not impressed with all that fancy stuff, huh? Yeah, I see you.
来吧。看,这是一个双重运球。你不能那样做,拉蒙特
Come on. See, that’s a double dribble. You can’t do that, Lamont
当然可以。哦,不,不。看,那样是作弊
Sure I can. Oh, no, no. See, that’s cheatin’.
闭嘴玩吧,爸爸。哦!
Shut up and play, dad. Ooh!
这就是你的长进。没投进。嘿
That’s what you get. Missed. Hey.

Hey.
哦,好的。想那样玩吗?
Oh, okay. Wanna play like that, huh?
是的。来吧,来吧!
Yeah. Go! Go! Come on!
拜托,孩子,你怎么了?你这样做不公平
Come on boy, what is wrong with you? You don’t play fair.
我们为什么还要玩这个愚蠢的游戏?
Why are we even playin’ this stupid game anyway?
因为我想花一点时间陪陪我的儿子
‘Cause I wanna spend a little time with my son.
从什么时候开始?我倒是希望你继续留在路上
Since when? I wish you’d just stay on the road.
你就是这么想的,拉蒙特?
That how you feel, Lamont?
拉蒙特
Lamont.
拉蒙特,我的儿子
Lamont, you my son.
所以你继续说你觉得需要说的话
So you go on and say what you feel you need to.
你为什么总是在路上?
Why you always on the road?
这是我的工作。我就是这么做的
It’s my job. That’s what I do.
做我父亲也是你的工作。是的,没错
It’s your job to be my father. Yeah, that’s right.
那就去做吧。做我父亲
So do it. Be my father.
来吧,嗯?
Come here, huh?
你知道我爱你,嗯?嗯
You know I love you, hmm? Mm-hmm.
从现在开始,从这里开始
Startin’ right now, right here,
我希望你一路陪着我,好吗?
I want you with me every step of the way, okay?
你说真的?
You mean it?
是的,我说真的,小傻瓜。嗯?好吧,来吧!
Yeah, I mean it, little Knucklehead. Huh? Okay Come on!
奥蒂斯!
Otis!
哦!嗨,麦克丝。很高兴见到你
Oh! Hey Maxine. Good to see you.
保罗一直在等你。那是我的小天使吗?
Paul’s been waitin’ on you. Now is that my angel?
小天使,我的儿子。这位小天使刚刚在篮球比赛中打赢了我
Angel, my foot. The angel just whooped my butt in basketball.
你最好来拥抱我。看看你。你都长这么大了
You better come give me a hug. Oh, look at you. You’re so big.
好吧,你进去吧。嗯,保罗在客厅
Well, you go on in. Urn, Paul’s in the living room.
嘿!嘿!看看是谁来了!
Hey! He-hey! Look what the cat done drug in here!
拉蒙特,要我给你拿点汽水吗?我很好
Lamont, you want me to get you some pop?I’m all right.
那太好了,麦克丝。嘿,伙计。你好吗?
Yeah, that’d be great, Maxine Hey, bud. How are you doin’?