我想要你现在就知道
I said I want you to know right now
你对我那么好,宝贝
That you’ve been good to me, baby
比我对自己都好
Better than I’ve been to myself
如果你离开我
And if you ever leave me
我就不想要别人跟我在一起
I don’t want nobody else
嘿,你知道你让我想要
Hey, you know you make me wanna
大喊一声,耶,耶
Shout Yeah, yeah
大喊一声,耶,耶
Shout; shout Yeah, yeah
你让我想要,哦,耶,大喊一声
You make me wanna Oh, yeah Shouk
大喊一声,好吧,好吧
Shout, shout All right all right
大喊一声,好吧,耶
Shout, shout All right, yeah
我的弟弟大卫·罗夫。上来,伙计。上来
My baby brother David Ruffin. Come on up, man. Come on up.
稍等片刻
Wait a minute
唱得太棒了,大卫!
Yeah, David!
我感受到了你的全部。来吧,来吧
I feel all come on! Come on!
整个夜晚
All night
我找到我的女人了
I got my woman
我真是太兴奋了
I feel ah-ahhh Oh! Oh, oh, oh!
我无时无刻不在想你
Every time I think about you
它令我感觉很好。你知道你让我想要
It feels so good to me You know you make me wanna
大喊一声,抬起头来,举起手来
Shout, shout Set my brains up and throw my hands up
大喊一声,踢我的脚后跟
Shout, shout And kick my heels up and come on now
放松点,放松点,大喊一声
Take it easy take it easy Shout, shout
放松点,大喊一声
Take it easy Shout, shout
哦,来吧,大喊一声
Ooh, come on now Shout, shout
大喊一声,喊得小声一点,喊得小声一点
Shout, shout A little bit softer now A little bit softer now
喊得小声一点,喊得小声一点
A little bit softer now A little bit softer now Shout, shout
大喊一声,喊得小声一点
Shout, shout A little bit softer now A little bit softer now
大喊一声,喊得大声一点
Shout, shout A little bit louder now A little bit louder now
大喊一声,喊得大声一点
Shout, shout A little bit louder now A little bit louder now
大喊一声,喊得大声一点
Shout, shout A little bit louder now A little bit louder now
大喊一声,嘿诶
Shout Hey-ey-ey-ey
嘿诶,嘿诶
Hey-ey Hey-ey
嘿诶,嘿诶
hey-ey-ey-hey-ey-ey-ey-ey
嘿诶,嘿诶
hey-ey-ey-ey-ey-ey-ey-ey
嘿诶,大喊一声,大喊一声
hey-ey-ey-ey-ey shout, shout, shout
大喊一声,大喊一声
shout, sham shout, shout
罗斯妈妈,我再要一碗会不会太过分了?
Mama Rose, would it be too much to ask for some more?
大卫,这已经是你的第三碗了
David, this is your third, right?
我从去年开始就没吃过东西了
I ain’t really ate nothin’ since last year.
这是个骗我再给你一碗的好主意。“去年。”
That’s a good one. “Last year. ”
他这招用的不错。我还想要一点玉米面包,妈妈
He’s got a point – Some more corn bread for rne, mama?
你这话为什么不让我感到惊讶呢?给你
Now, how come that don’t surprise me?Here.
你应该知道他的绰号♥是什么吧?
You know what his nickname is, don’t you?
这就是他们叫你玉米面包的原因,是吗?-嗯
That’s not why they call you Cornbread, is it? – Mm-hmm.
你从没见过一个人吃那么多。伙计,谈谈饥饿吧
You ain’t never seen a guy eat that much. Man, talk about hungry.
伯明翰的这些家庭过去常常在晚餐时吃这种粘土
These families down in Birmingham used to eat this clay for dinner
拜托!我是认真的,伙计。
Oh, man, please! I’m serious, man.
他们以前吃红河粘土,伙计
They used to eat red river clay, man.
他们过去在密西西比州时也吃这些
They used to have some of that down in Mississippi too.
加上点辣酱倒是还不错
Wasn’t too bad with some hot sauce.
密西西比州在哪里?-沿着子午线往下走
Where in Mississippi? – Down by meridian.
哦,是吗?你知道,我们都来自南方
Oh, yeah? You know, we all from down South.
真的吗?真的
Really? – Yeah.
我真的很想和你们一起唱歌♥
I just really wanna sing with y’all.
行吧,你可以加入我们。只不过我们有一些规则
Well, there’s gonna be a whole lot of singin’. And we have some rules.
我希望不要太多,因为我对规则不太在行
I hope not too many, ’cause I ain’t too good with rules.
为什么?
Why not?
我妈妈欠了皮条客一些钱
Well, my mama owed some pimp some money.
为了能不用还钱,她把我卖♥♥给了那个皮条客
Instead of payin’ up, she gave me to him.
他也有很多规则
He had a whole lot of rules too.
要是打破一条规则,我就得挨打
Break any one of them, a strap came out.
可大多数时候我没有违反规则也会被打
Seems like most times, strap just came out on its own though.
好吧,我们不会打人。我们所讲的规则
Well, we don’t have no straps, and what rules we do have…
是为了帮助我们不断前进
Are meant to help keep us chuggin’ straight ahead.
你明白了吗?-听起来很酷。真的很酷
Can you dig it? – Sounds cool to me. Real cool.
是的,真的很酷。把手伸过来
Yeah, real cool. Give me some.
我们击掌
Slap some skin.
嘿!新年快乐!
Hey! HAPPY new year!
斯莫基!嘿!斯莫基,宝贝,你好吗
Smokqy! Hey?Smokey bah’, how ya doin
今晚的表演实在是太精彩了。大卫,你今晚唱得真是太棒了
Damn good show tonight. David, that was bad.
你想知道什么是更棒的吗?大卫现在是我们乐队的一员了
You wanna know bad? David’s in the group now. He’s a Temptation.
是我们诱惑乐队的一员了
Temptation.
恭喜你。来吧,斯莫基,宝贝
Congratulations. Come on, Smokey baby.
坐下来吃吧。没时间了,妈妈。别让克劳迪特等着
Sit down and eat. Oh, no time, mama. Got Claudette waiting
我只是过来说我为你们写了一首歌♥
I just stopped by to say have I got a song for you!
你们相信吗?- 是的,我们相信你
Can you dig? – Yeah, we can dig it.
新年快乐。好吧,宝贝
Well, happy new year. All right, baby.
替我问候克劳迪特。新年快乐
Give Claudette a kiss. Happy new year.
你们在外面小心一点
Y’all be careful out there.
敬诱惑乐队
Temptations.
敬诱惑乐队
Temptations.
那是新的一年,也是第一次
It was the new year, and for the first time…
我们有合适的歌♥手组合
we had the right combination of singers.
我们已经排练斯莫基为我们写的那首歌♥将近两周了
We had been rehearsing that song Smokey had written for us for almost two weeks,
我们都很喜欢
And we all liked it a lot.
那是一个寒冷、清爽的夜晚
It was a cold, crisp night,
我记得我看着他们四个在想
And I remember lookin’ up at the four of them and thinkin’,
“就是这样。今晚将改变一切。”
“This is it. This is the night that’s gonna change everything. ”
196♥4♥年1月9日
原曲:The Temptaions – The Way You Do the Things You Do
发行时间:196♥4♥年
你的笑容如此灿烂
You got a smile so bright
你可以成为一束蜡烛照亮我的内心
You know you could have been a candle
我要紧紧抓住你
I’m homing you so tight
你可以成为我的倚靠
You know you could have been a handle
你让我神魂颠倒
The way you swept me off my feet
你可以成为一束鲜花
You know you could have been a broom
你的笑容如此灿烂
The way you smile so sweet
你散发着迷人的香味
You know you could have been some perfume
你可以成为你想成为的一切
Well, you could have been anything that you wanted to
我看得出来
And I can tell
你做事的方式
The way you do me things you do
我爱你做事的方式,宝贝
The way you do the things you do Oh, baby
我爱你做事的方式
The way you do the things you do
你是我的宝贝,哦,哦
As pram; as you are ooh-ooh
你可以成为一束鲜花
You know you could have been a flower
你的昙花一现,在我眼里却是永恒
If good looks was a minute
你在我眼里即是永恒
You know that you would be an hour
嘿!
Hey!
爸爸在广播里,宝贝!
Daddy’s on the radio, baby!
哟,我的宝贝女儿!你听到了吗?
Yo, baby girl! Hey, you heard, huh?
嗯哼。耶!你为我而骄傲吗?
Huh-huh. Yeah! Are you proud of me?
过来看。我们在榜单上 排到了第76名
Check it out. Number 76 with the bullet.
你可以成为你想成为的一切
Well, you could have been anything that you wanted to
我看得出来
And I can tell
《你做事的方式》在排行榜上取得了成功
“The way you do the things you do” hit the charts…
正好赶上下一次汽车城巡演
Just in time for the next Motor Town Revue Tour,
作为我们巡回演出的重要一站
one of many we would be on.
你会给我打电♥话♥吗?我会每晚都给你打电♥话♥
Gonna call me, now? I’m gonna call you every night.
你保证?我保证
Promise? I promise.
走吧,走吧。快点,我们得上车了
Let’s go, let’s go. Come on, we gotta get on the bus.
你知道我爱你,对吧?替我吻孩子们。一次,二次,三次,四次
You know I love you, right’? Send this to the kids. One, two, three and four
我爱你。我也爱你。拜拜
I love you. Love you too. Bye-bye.
拜拜。我爱你,拉蒙特
Bye-bye. Love you, Lamont.
我们不得不离开家人一个月
Aside from the fact that we had to leave our families behind for a month,
这些巡演都很有趣
these tours were fun.
有几场巡演特别有趣
Sometimes a whole lot of fun.
一路顺风!
Bye!
所有的摩城唱片的歌♥手都会参加这些巡演
All the Motown acts would go out on these tours,
一次大概五、六、七位
Maybe five, six, seven at a time:
玛莎和范德拉斯乐队,至高乐队,马文·盖伊