Papa was a rollin’ stone My son
他把帽子放在哪里,哪里就是他的家
Wherever he laid his hat was his home
他死的时候
and when he died
给我们留下的只有悲伤
all he left us was alone
嘿,爸爸是一块滚石
Hey papa was a rollin’ stone
他把帽子放在哪里,哪里就是他的家
Wherever he laid his hat was his home
他死的时候
and when he died
给我们留下的只有悲伤
all he left us was alone
你们都怎么了?
What’s wrong with you all?
什么,你们要我也离开乐队吗?
What, you want me out of the way too?
诱惑乐队万岁!
Tempmfions forever!
诱惑乐队…
Temptations…
万岁!
Forever!
嘿,妈妈,我听到爸爸说自己是个万事通
Hey, mama, I heard papa call himself a jack of all trades
告诉我,这是不是爸爸早早死去的原因?
Tell me, is that what sent papa to an early grave
来偿还他的债务
to pay his dues
嘿,妈妈
Hey, mama
人们说爸爸从来没花费过时间在思考上
Folks said papa never was much on thinkin’
他大部分时间都在追求女人和喝酒
Spent most of his time chasin’ women and drinkin’
妈妈,我正依靠你
Mama, I’m dependin’ on you
来告诉我关于爸爸的真♥相♥
To tell me the truth
妈妈抬起头,眼里含着泪水说,儿子
Mama looked up with a tear in her eye and said, son
爸爸是一块滚石。是的,他是的
Papa was a rollin’ stone Yes, he was
我的儿子。他把帽子放在哪里,哪里就是他的家
My son Wherever he laid his hat was his home
他死的时候
and when he died
给我们留下的只有悲伤
all he left us was alone
我的爸爸是一块滚石
My daddy was papa was a rollin’ stone
是的,他是的
Yes, he was, yeah
他把帽子放在哪里,哪里就是他的家
Wherever he laid his hat was his home
但你工作得那么努力!
But you’ve worked so hard!
你说过,诱惑乐队万岁!
You said, Temptations forever!
嘿。嘿
Hey. Hey.
只是看着他的棺材
Just keep lookin’ at the box,
试着不让自己忘记这个事实,我…
Tryin’ to wrap my mind around the fact that I…
今天埋葬了我最好的朋友
Buried my best friend today.
要不是保罗,我可能永远都不会离开伯明翰
You know, if it wasn’t for Paul, I would have never left Birmingham.
是吗?是的
Is that right? Yeah.
你知道他曾是个怎样的人
You know how he could be
他曾经非常有进取心
Pushy as hell.
是的
Yes.
那么,我现在该怎么办,布鲁?
So, what do I do now, Blue?
你活着
You live,
只是…接受他死的事实很难
and that’s… That’s hard.
我甚至不会就此对你撒谎
I ain’t even gonna lie to you about that.
但是…我们得继续前进
But… We move on.
生活就是如此
Always the rock.
你没事吧?
You gonna be all right?
没事
Yeah.
回头见
See you around.
是的
Yeah.
柯恩?
Corn?
我们永远是一家人
We’ll always be family.
1977年的洛杉矶
自从我们搬到加利福尼亚后,一切都不顺利,谢利
Nothin’s goin’ right since we moved to California, Shelly.
自从专辑《摇摇欲坠的土地》以来,我们就再也没有成功过,是因为两年半前吗?
We ain’t had a hit since “Shaky ground, ” and that’s, what, two and a half years ago?
惠特菲尔德没变,贝里跑去拍电影了
Whitfield ain’t changed, and Berry’s off makin’ movies.
洛杉矶对我们乐队并不友好,谢利。是时候改变了
Los Angeles ain’t been very good to us, shell. Things will change.
嗯,我不知道怎么做。但我保证会变好的
Well, I don’t see how. I guarantee it’ll change for the better
每个乐队都会遇到它的瓶颈期
Every group goes through a dry spell.
我们没在讨论瓶颈期,谢利
We’re not talkin’ about some dry spell here, Shelly.
来吧,布鲁。我们正在谈论家事
Come on, Blue. We’re talkin’ family here.
这与你无关,谢利。我们只是觉得该走了
This ain’t about you, Shelly. We just think it’s time to go.
每个乐队都有起有落。你们不应该一遇到麻烦就走
Every relationship has its ups and downs. You don’t walk out on the first sign of trouble.
嗯,我们的招牌已经不再发光了
Well, that sign’s been worn out from flashin’.
你们知道吗?我不接受这一点
You know what? I don’t accept this.
好吧,那你就别接受
Well, don’t accept it.
只要抬头来看我们走
Just look up and see us gone.
这就是你们对待你们的好朋友的方式?
This is the way you treat me your friend.
你们想让我告诉贝里你们就要退出摩城大家庭了?
You give me this to carry to Berry that you’re leaving the Motown family?
我们想告诉你,我们已经不再像家人了,谢利
We’re trying to tell you it don’t feel like family no more, Shelly.
相信我,谢利,你对我们真的很好
And believe me, Shelly, you’ve been great to us.
布鲁和我都不会忘记的
Blue and myself will never forget that.
那就给我一次机会。我们不能
Then give me a chance. We can’t.
再给我几天时间。我们会解决问题的
Give me a couple of days. We’ll work it out.
好吧。我会告诉贝里
All right. I’ll talk to Berry.
但是,请你们再多考虑一会
But, please… Don’t do anything yet.
那现在怎么办?
So what now?
购买♥♥一个新标签。如果没人愿意签下我们怎么办?
Shop for a new label. And if no one takes us?
你又在这么说
There you go crossin’ bridges again.
别跟我这样说话,好像我是个傻瓜似的。好吗,奥蒂斯?
Don’t talk to me like I’m some damn fool, Ot. All right?
见鬼,好像我们之间隔着几百万里似的
Hell, aln like we ‘re multimillionaire-s, slttin ‘ up in here.
如果问题不解决我们就不应该退休
Can’t just retire if things don’t work out.
你这是什么意思?
What’s that supposed to mean?
听着,如果你担心的是钱
Look, if it’s money you’re worried about,
我们就会进行更多的巡演和唱我们的怀旧金曲
We’ll be makin’ a lot more touring and singing golden oldies.
我们会解决问题的。明白吗?
We’ll make out. All right?
行吧
Yeah.
我们离开了摩城,去了大西洋唱片公♥司♥
We left Motown and went to Atlantic Records.
我首先震惊的是他们把我们送到了他们的黑人分部
The first shock was that they sent us to their black division.
突然之间,它更多地是关于肤色而不是音乐
Suddenly, it was more about color than music.
摩城把我们解雇了,但我们总能在别的地方找到工作
Motown had spoiled us, but we could always work someplace…
因为人们还喜欢我们那些早期的流行歌♥曲
Because people loved those early hits.
伙计,我们只卖♥♥出了一半的演出门票
Man, we only sold half the house.
好吧,一半的演出门票仍然值得一场精彩的演出
Well, half a house still deserves a great show.
你知道,我们要为新人树立榜样
You know, we gotta be strong examples for the new guys.
是的,你说得对
Yeah, you’re right.
原曲:Eddie Kendricks – Boogie Down
发行时间:1974年
我们并没有迷失方向
It wasn’t lost on us… Boogie down
埃迪拥有两张摩城的头号♥唱片
That Eddie had two number one records for Motown.
大卫退出诱惑乐队后,也有了自己的成功歌♥曲
David had hits right after he became an ex-Temptation,
但这时,他也处于瓶颈期
But by this time, he was in a dry spell too.
并不是说我支持他们
Let’s boogie down Not that I was rootin’ against them
但如果我说我们还感觉不到竞争的压力,那我就撒谎了
But I’d be lyin’ if I said we didn’t still feel the competition.
正如我所想
As I think about it,
每当我觉得事情不会变得更糟
Every time I thought things couldn’t get worse,
糟糕的事情便蜂拥而至
They up and did.
哦,我的天
Oh, my god.
打扰一下,小姐。
Uh, excuse me, Miss.
嘿,你好吗?哦,哦,哦,来吧
Hey, how you doin’? Oh, oh, oh, come on, now.
你不能就这样离开我。我又不是小偷或强盗。我只是想和你谈谈
You can’t run away from me. I’m not some thief some thug. Just wanna talk to ya.
让我来帮你。谢谢
Let me help you with those. Thanks.
不客气。你叫什么名字?安吉拉
You welcome. What’s your name? Angela
我本想早点帮你,但你走得太快了
I would have helped you sooner, but you were walking too fast.
嘿!嘿,伙计!嘿!
Hey! Hey, man! Hey!
那是我的车,伙计,快下来!
That’s my car, man Come on!
嘿,你不能偷我的车。我说了你不能偷我的车
Hey, you ain’t takin’ my car. I said you ain’t takin’ my car, man.
嘿,我认识你,伙计
Hey, don’t I know you, man?
多亏了希尔达来给我清理伤口,否则我就再也醒不过来了
Unless it’s hilda gonna give me my sponge bath, I’m sleepin’.
哦,是你。没有医用止血布
Oh, it’s you. No sponge.
你肩膀上肯定有个天使
There sure is an angel on your shoulder.
你知道你有多幸运吗?
Do you know how lucky you are?
你知道吗?每个人都想告诉我我有多幸运
Do you know? Everyone keeps trying to tell me how lucky I am
“梅尔文,你真幸运。”
“Melvin, you so lucky. ”
可能是昨天镇上唯一中弹的猫
Probably the only cat in town that got shot yesterday.
如果幸运的话,你最好相信我不想中弹
Now if that’s lucky, you best believe I don’t want any.
是的,我知道这是对的,那家伙以为他已经把你给杀死了吗?
Yeah, I know that’s right Did the guy think he killed you?
嗯,我不知道。我猜这就是怪事
Mmm, I don’t know. I guess that’s the freaky thing.
你知道的,我们在车里打了起来
You know, we up in my car, wrestlin’ and stuff,
我还记得的下一件事是,他掏出一把枪
And the next thing I know, he pulls out a gun…
然后朝我射出了两发子弹
And bam, bam.
然后突然,他说他认出了我
Then all of a sudden, he recognized me,