小傻瓜。你为什么不过来和你的保罗叔叔坐在一起?
Little Knucklehead Why don’t you come over here and sit with your uncle Paul?
快过来。你在干什么?你一直在打篮球?
Get on down right here. What you been doin’? You been playin’ basketball?
嗯?真不错
Huh? Real good
你感觉怎么样,保罗叔叔?哦,嘿
How you feelin’, uncle Paul? Oh, hey.
嘿,你知道吗?我感觉好多了
Hey, you know what? I’d feel a whole lot better…
如果你♥爸♥爸愿意让我回到乐队,嗯?
If your daddy’s offerin’ to let me back in the group, huh?
但你知道没有什么能比你回乐队让我更快乐。但你得先康复
But you know nothin’ would make me happier. But you gotta get well first.
所以,嗯,下一次巡演是什么时候?
So, um, when’s the next tour?
这个月底在克利夫兰开始巡演
Starts in Cleveland at the end of the month.
克利夫兰。这个月底在克利夫兰,嗯?
Cleveland. Cleveland in a month, huh?
好吧,那你为什么不让我回去?
Well, then why don’t you, why don’t you let me back?
儿子,去帮帮你的麦克丝阿姨
Why don’t you help your aunt Maxine?
是的。去吧
Yeah. Go on.
你还在酗酒吗,保罗?
Are you still drinkin’, Paul?
不,伙计。不,不,我已经戒酒三个月了
No, man. Nah, nah I’ve been, I’ve been sober for about three months now.
那医生怎么说?那位医生也不知道
What did the doctor say? Th-that doctor don’t know…
我只想快点回到舞台。你明白我的意思吗?
Th-that just bein’ out there on that stage you know what I’m sayin’?
站在舞台上是唯一能治好我的方法,对吧?
Bein’ out there on that stage is the only thing that’s gonna fix me, huh?
哦,你知道的,奥蒂斯,伙计。我们,我们曾一起进入摩城唱片,伙计
Oh, you know ma, Ot, man. We, we walked into Motown together; man.
伙计,我在家里坐着就快要疯了
Man, I’m goin’ crazy out here, sittin’
就像这样坐在这里
Just sittin’ out here like this.
老兄,别逼我给埃迪和大卫打电♥话♥。别逼我这么做,老兄
Man, don’t make me call up Eddie and David. Don’t make me do that, man.
再这样下去我就要成立我自己的乐队。明白吗?你想逼我这么做吗?
I’ll start my own group. Okay? You want me to do that?
我很快就会这么做,很快就会有另一个诱惑乐队
I’ll start pretty soon, there’s gonna be more ex-Temptations than Temptations.
你最好想想看。奥蒂斯
Better think about that. 0t.
奥蒂斯,伙计,或者,听我说,伙计
0t, man. or, listen to me, man.
听我说,伙计,再这样下去我就要死了
You listen to me, man. I’m gonna die.
我发誓,再这样下去我会死的
I swear, I’m gonna die.
好吧。你知道的,所以等我们。不,我现在就给你看看
All right. You know, so when we no. I’m, I’m gonna show you.
我现在就给你看看我已经准备好了。我现在就给你看看保罗·威廉姆斯已经准备好了
I’m gonna show you I’m ready for this. I’m gonna show you Paul Williams still got it.
奥蒂斯先生,我现在就证明给你看,我现在给你展示这首歌♥的舞步
Big Mr. Otis I’m gonna prove to you I look, these are the steps here
你的昙花一现,在我眼里却是永恒
If good looks was a minute
明白?嗯。我教过你这些该死的舞步
Right? Mmm. I taught you these damn steps.
你在我眼里即是永恒。明白吗?嗯
You could have been an hour right? Mmm.
你偷走我的心的方式
The way you stole my heart
哦,哦,你可以成为一个很酷的人
Ooh, ooh, you know you could have been a cool
嘿,伙计。你没事吧?
Hey, man. You all right?
嘿,伙计,我不需要帮助,伙计。我真的不需要帮助,伙计,我能做到。你明白吗?
Hey man, don’t need no help man. I don’t need no help, men. I got this. All right?
是的。我看到你的舞步了,好吗?你确实好多了
Yeah. I got the steps, right? You doin’ better.
你说得真对。我好多了,伙计。所以
You damn right. I’m doin’ better, man. So just
来吧。你说得真对。太对了。我康复了,对吧?我要回归乐队
Just come on. You damn right. Right. I got ’em, right? I’m doin’ this.
我已经康复了,伙计,好吗?现在我跳成了,对吧?
I’m all right, man. Okay? Now I got the steps, right?
来吧。麦克丝,我想我们是时候该走了
Come on. Maxine, I think it’s time we go.
你觉得你们是时候该走了?
Y-you think it’s time that you go?
等的,等等,等等
Wait, wait, wait, wait.
什么,你不会不给我答复就走吧?
What, you gonna leave here without givin’ me an answer?
你会一直是诱惑乐队的一员的,保罗
You gonna always be a Temptation, Paul.
我的意思是,所有人都迫不及待等你回来
I mean, all the guys can’t wait for you to get back.
但是你还没准备好
But you just not ready now.
麦克丝,再见
Maxine, good-bye.
哦,宝贝
Oh, baby.
他是一条傲慢自大的蛇,谢利。读一下
He’s an arrogant, pompous snake, Shelly. Read that
1972年6月
我要读什么?《九月三日》
What am I reading? “the third of September. ”
怎么样?诺曼在我父亲去世的同一天让那个人死去
What about it? Norman’s got that man dyin’ the same day my daddy died.
他不会改变日期的。这就是我们打电♥话♥给你的原因,谢利
He won’t change the date Well, that’s why we called you, Shelly
因为他拒绝改变日期
Because he refuses to change the date.
诺曼在哪里?诺曼迟到了
Where’s Norman? Norman’s late.
事实上,谢利,诺曼总是迟到
As a matter of fact, Shelly, Norman is always late.
我们已经坐在这里等了好几个小时了,对吧?
Now we’ve been sitting here, waiting for hours now, right?
谢利,这是不对的,所以相信我,当我说要改变日期的时候
Now, Shelly, that ain’t right So believe me when I say somethin’s gotta change.
谢利,如果他做不好,我会伤害他的
I am gonna hurt him, Shelly, if he don’t make this right.
你为什么让他这样对待我们?贝里在哪里?
Why you let him treat us like this, huh? Where’s Berry?
戈迪先生交代我办成这事。你和他谈过了吗,奥蒂斯?不,我试着和他谈谈
Mr: Gordy said me. Have you talked to him, Otis No, I tried’ to talk to him.
奥蒂斯,你跟诺曼谈过了吗?这不是民谣。我跟他说写一首民谣
Otis, did you talk to Norman’? This ain’t no ballad. I told him a ballad.
他正在写热门歌♥曲。你不能否认这一点
He’s writin’ hits. You can’t argue with that.
好吧,好吧,好吧!听起来像是创意的源泉在涌动!
Well, well, well! Sounds like the creative juices are flowin’!
诺曼
Norman.
这是什么《九月三日》的废话?
Yeah What’s this “it was the third of September” crap?
这…这只是歌♥词。怎么,你有问题吗?
It’s… Just a lyric. Wh-what, you got a problem with it?
我想你知道我的问题。那是我爸爸去世的那天
I think you know my problem with it. That was the day my daddy died.
是吗?可我不知道这事
So? I didn’t know that.
哦,你说你该死地不知道这事。改变这个日期,诺曼
Oh, the hell you didn’t. Change the date, Norman.
不,不。把整首歌♥都改掉
No, no. Change the song.
我是不会改的
I ain’t changin’ neither.
那我也什么都不会唱
Then I ain’t singin’ nothin’.
爱德华,听着
Edwards, look.
九月三日是你父亲死的那天,对吗?
The third of September’s the day your daddy died, huh?
现在,伙计,我怎么会知道这事?
Now, man, how could I know that?
这只是巧合,但是,用它吧。我是说,这不是艺术家的工作吗?
It’s just a coincidence, but, but use it. I mean, ain’t that what artists do?
我对你做过什么?
What did I ever do to you?
你以前没有激♥情♥,但现在你有了激♥情♥!
No passion, but now you got some!
告诉我们激♥情♥究竟在哪里?
Just who are you to tell us where passion is?
伙计,这有什么区别?我的意思是,只要我能写出热门歌♥曲
Man, what difference does it make? I mean, as long as I’m writin’ the hits.
你知道我在说什么吗?热门歌♥曲
You know what I’m sayin’? The hits.
现在,当你们赚到钱之后,也许你们就不会这么说了
Now, when y’all get some of this, maybe I’ll listen.
得了吧,诺曼。你们知道吗?我不会介意的
Oh, come on, Norman Uh, well, you know?Makes me no never mind.
我是说,除了我还有很多其他艺术家在这里排队
I mean, there are plenty of other artists out there, linin’ up,
希望我的日期错误不会发生在他们身上
Hopin’ that I’ll cut it on them.
为什么大家不…放轻松一点?
Now why don’t everybody just… Take it easy?
好吧?既然我们为这次会议做了准备
All right? Now since we pain’ for this session, whiz;
我们要唱这首歌♥
We’re gonna do the song.
但在这之后,你就不能再犯这种错误
But after this, thing’s have got to change.
好的。我们去工作吧
Good. Let’s go to work.
原曲:The Temptations – Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone
发行时间:1972年
为什么?告诉我你为什么又开始喝酒了?你什么意思?
Why? Tell me why? What do you mean, why?
那天是九月三日
It was the 3rd of September
那天我将永远记得
That day I’ll always remember
是的,我会的
Yes, I will
因为那天是暗淡的
‘Cause mat was the day
我爸爸死在了那一天
that my daddy died
我再也没有机会见到他
I never got a chance to see him
没有比他死去更令我伤心的事了
Never heard nothin’ but bad things about him
妈妈,请告诉我真♥相♥
Mama, I’m dependin’ on you to tell me the truth
妈妈只是低下头对我说,儿子
Mama just hung her head and said, son
爸爸是一块滚石
Papa was a rollin’ stone
他把帽子放在哪里,哪里就是他的家
Wherever he laid his hat was his home
他死的时候
and when he died
给我们留下的只有悲伤
all he left us was alone
爸爸是一块滚石
Papa was a rollin’ stone
啊,耶
Ah, yeah
他把帽子放在哪里,哪里就是他的家
Wherever he laid his hat was his home
他死的时候
And when he died
给我们留下的只有悲伤
All he left us was alone
好吧,好吧
Well well
我说我很好。不,我要去告诉他们
I said I’m fine. No. I’m gonna talk to them.
我要去告诉他们,我就要回到乐队
I’m gonna talk to them I’m down there I’m goin’ down
我不想你这样做。你需要停止在我们的孩子面前这样
I don’t want you to You need to stop doing this in front of our children!
我来告诉你你不能在孩子面前这样
I’m telling you that you can’t do this in front of the in front of
滚开!
Get out!
嘿,妈妈,他们说的是真的吗
Hey, mama, is it true what they said
爸爸再也醒不过来
That papa never worked a day ‘m his fife
妈妈,城里到处都是有关爸爸的坏话
And, mama, some bad talk goin’ around town
说爸爸在外面还有三个孩子和另一个妻子
Sayin’ that papa had three outside children and another wife
可那不是真的
And that ain’t right
听他们说爸爸爱在店铺前面胡言乱语
Heard some talk about papa doin’ some storefront preachin’
天天说些救赎灵魂和消灭社会寄生虫的话语
Talkin’ about savin’ souls and all the time leechin’
还有处理社会上的污垢
Dealing in dirt,
并窃取了上帝的名义
and stealin’ in the name of the lord
妈妈只是抱着我的头说
Mama just held my head and said
爸爸是一块滚石