我得开始撒谎说我的年龄了。说的好像你还没开始似的
Gonna have to start lyin’ about my age. Like you don’t already.
我听见你在和那些年轻女孩说话。哦,兄弟,请别这样
I hear you talkin’ to them young girls. Oh, brother, please.
哦,现在你就这样逃跑了
Oh, now you’re just gonna run away.
看,你不喜欢听真话
See, you don’t like the truth.
啊,他们在这儿。当红人物回来了
Ah, here they are. The men of the hour are back.
布鲁,奥蒂斯,恭喜你们。我的朋友们,这是你们应得的
Blue, Otis, congratulations. My friends, you deserve it.
干杯怎么样?干杯!好的
How about a toast? A toast! it is.
还有呢?诱惑乐队万岁
What else? Temptations forever.
诱惑乐队万岁
Temptations forever.
你要去哪里?我想和你谈谈
Where’re you goin’? I wanna talk to you about somethin’.
奥蒂斯,我能跟你谈谈吗?
Otis, can I have a word?
大卫,埃迪和丹尼斯刚刚走了进来
David, Eddie and Dennis just walked in.
谢利,你看起来不太高兴见到我们
Shelly, you don’t look too happy to see us.
大卫,伙计们。有什么问题吗?
David, fellas. ls there a problem?
没问题。只是奥蒂斯没想到你们会来
No, there’s no problem It’s just that Otis wasn’t expecting you.
我们知道。我们就上去,领我们的奖,然后就走
We’re cool. We’ll just go up, get our award, and split.
别让我对他动手动脚
Don’t let me get started on him.
不管怎样,信不信由你,我很高兴见到你们
Anyway, believe it or not, I am happy to see you.
恭喜你们。谢谢,谢利
And congratulations. Thanks, Shelly.
《我的女孩》《虚幻的快♥感♥》《这只是我的想象》
“My Girl, ” “Cloud Nine, ” “Just My Imagination, ”
《爸爸是一块滚石》我还需要说更多吗?
“Papa was a rolling stone. ” Need I say more?
女士们先生们,摇滚名人堂…
Ladies and gentlemen, the rock and roll hall of fame…
很荣幸地欢迎诱惑乐队的加入!
is proud to welcome The Tempting Temptations!
大卫·罗夫,埃迪·肯德里克
David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks,
奥蒂斯·威廉姆斯,梅尔文·富兰克林,丹尼斯·爱德华兹…
Otis Williams, Melvin Franklin, Dennis Edwards…
还有已经去世的,保罗·威廉姆斯。这是属于你们的荣耀
And posthumously, Paul Williams. Here you go.
嘿,伙计。很高兴见到你
Hey, man. Good to see you.
恭喜你,奥蒂斯·威廉姆斯
Congratulations, Otis Williams.
同样恭喜你,罗夫先生
Mr. Ruffin.
啊!
Ahh!
很高兴见到你。我也很高兴见到你
Good to see you. Good to see you too.
埃迪。奥蒂斯
Eddie. Otis.
这是你应得的。谢谢,伙计。谢谢
You deserve this Thank you, man. Thank you
这也是保罗应得的
For Paul.
每个人都是我们乐队成功的重要组成部分
Each of these guys had been a major part of our success.
我们现在又重聚在一起了
And here we were, together again.
那一刻,我们又成了朋友
And for the moment, we were friends again.
你可以成为你想成为的一切
Well, you could’ve been anything that you wanted to
我看得出来
And I can tell
你做事的方式
The way you do the things you do
两年后
他带着一个装满钱的公文包结束了巡演
He had come off the tour with a briefcase full of money.
没人确切知道发生了什么
No one is exactly sure what happened.
大约一周过去了,在停尸房♥里的尸体…
Almost a week went by before the John Doe in the morgue…
被确认为大卫·罗夫
was identified as David Ruffin.
我只知道这是一个悲惨的损失
All I know is it was a tragic loss.
1995年的底特律
哦!你好
Oh! Hello.
富兰克林夫人?
Mrs. Franklin?
我知道我一定看起来像个麻烦的流氓
I know I must look like a troublesome gangster,
但我只是想知道你是否愿意让你儿子在我的乐队里唱歌♥
But I was just wonderin’ if you’d be so kind as to let your son sing in my group.
我们都是好人。我们真的都是好人
We’re good. We really are.
梅尔文,你从那棵树后面出来…
Melvin, you come on out from behind that tree…
并把你外套的拉链拉上
and-and zip up that jacket.
妈妈,你确定我没听见你的叫喊声吗?
You sure I won’t get whooped, mama?
哦,我的孩子
Oh, child.
妈妈,你这里有很多食物,都是您亲手做的
Mama, that’s a lot of food you got here, even for you.
你有足够食物可以养活一支军队。我不知道我是怎么了
You got enough to feed an army. I don’t know what came over me.
我当时在厨房♥做饭…
I was out there in the kitchen cookin’…
我在听你们的一些早期唱片
And I was listenin’ to some of your early records.
然后我开始听见埃迪,保罗和大卫
And I started hearin’ Eddie and Paul and David,
他们全部都笑着
All of ’em, laughin’ and carryin’ on.
我的手就不自觉的
And my hands just took over,
我开始做所有我记得大家都喜欢吃的菜
And I started cookin’ everything that I remember everybody loved
是的
Yes, I did.
这里有很多食物,但是…
It’s a lot of food, but…
没关系
It’s all right.
哦,宝贝,埃迪遭遇了什么?
Oh, baby, what what was it that got Eddie?
他得了肺癌,妈妈
It was lung cancer, mama.
是的
That’s right.
那个男孩真的很喜欢我做的玉米面包
That boy sure did love my corn bread.
他曾是个可爱的男孩
He was a sweet boy.
你们在当时都很可爱
Y’all was sweet in your own way.
妈妈,我看到你还在保养我的格莱美奖
I see you still polish up my Grammys there, mama.
哦!现在,你知道的,是的
Oh! Now, you know, that’s right.
我把它们放在这里。是的
I keep ’em right here. Yes, I do.
所以我每天都能看到它们
So I can see ’em every day.
我为你们感到骄傲,宝贝。是的
I proud of y’all, baby. Yes, I am.
嗯。嗯
Mm-hmm. Hmm.
好了,是时候该吃点东西了,宝贝
All right, Mall I want you to start eatin ‘ somethin ‘ now, baby.
妈妈,我不饿。我要你今天吃点东西,宝贝
Mama, I’m fine. I want you to eat today, baby.
妈妈。在你的盘子里放些东西
Mama Put some stuff on your plate.
别跟我闹着玩了,好吗?我不饿
Stop fussin’ with me, all right? I’m fine.
好吧。来点喝的怎么样?
All right. How about somethin’ to drink?
好吧。冰箱里有柠檬水。我给你拿过来
Okay I got some lemonade in the frigidaire. I’ll be right back
看看这个
Look at this.
看看我们那时有多年轻
Look how young we were.
你有什么遗憾吗,布鲁?
Do you have any regrets, Blue?
额,见鬼,我没有任何遗憾
Ah, hell, no.
现在请你也不要有任何遗憾,奥蒂斯
Now don’t you go carryin’ no regrets around on them shoulders either, oat.
你知道,关于保罗…
You know, about Paul…
或者埃迪或者大卫
or Eddie or David.
或者关于我
Or me.
因为在最艰难的时候,你知道的
‘Cause above all the bad times, you know,
你知道的,我们真的有过最美好的时光
We really had the best of times, you know.
是啊,我们有过美好的时光
Yeah, we had some good times.
不,兄弟。我们也有过一些疯狂的时光
No, brother. We had some crazy-ass times.
好了。来喝柠檬水吧
All right. Here we go.
这是给你的柠檬水,梅尔文。谢谢,妈妈
Here’s the lemonade, Mel. Thanks, mom.
哦,天哪,我把小排骨忘在烤箱里了
Oh, lord, I left them short ribs in the oven.
小排骨?不用了,不用了,妈妈
The short ribs? No, no, mama.
不用小排骨了。我们真的不能再吃更多了
No short ribs. We can’t eat no more.
我们得吃小排骨。妈妈,妈妈
We got to have the short ribs. Mama, mama.
让我来拿,好吗?向你们展示我仍然有能力
Let me get it, all right’? Show y’all I’m still good for somethin’
你确定吗,宝贝?是的,我确定,妈妈
You sure, baby? Yeah, I’m sure, mama.
事实上,我很确定,我会独自走很长的路
In fact, I’m so sure, I’m gonna take the long way around.
看我自己过去
Watch me work.
我告诉过你他很好
I told you he’s doing fine.
愿上帝保佑他
Lord have mercy.
奥蒂斯
Otis.
我想对你说声谢谢
I wanna thank you.
因为什么?
For what?
因为你有这些男孩最需要的东西
For bein’ what these boys needed most.
那是什么?是一颗冷静的头脑
And what was that? Levelheaded.
是你把一切都安排在一起的
You was the one that kept it all together.
是的。所以我想谢谢你
Yes, you were. I wanna thank you.
我也要谢谢你
Thank you.
你知道的,你一直都对我们那么好
You know, you were always too kind.
而且我们乐队最需要的是贝斯歌♥手
But what we needed most was a bass singer.
你提供了它,所以谢谢你
And you supplied that, so thank you.
嗯。看看这些食物。嗯
Mmm. Look at all this food. Mmm-mmml
布鲁,快点进来,孩子,不然菜就要凉了
Blue, come on and hurry up and get in here, boy, before this food gets cold.
我饿了。嗯
I’m hungry. Mmml
梅尔文?
Melvin?
布鲁?
Blue?
哦,布鲁
Oh, Blue.
原曲:Smokey Robinson – Really Gonna Miss You
发行时间:1978年
我真的会想你的
I’m really gonna miss you
没有你的日子,真的不同往昔
It’s really gonna be different without you
时间会变得又热又慢
Time is gonna be hot and slow
在我的余生里
For the rest of my life