我们只不过是肉体凡胎 艾米莉
We’re only human, Emily.
别把这种刑具加诸于我们身上
Don’t pillory us for that.
你说得没错
You’re right.
当然
Of course.
我希望我也可以有你这种宽容的性情
I wish I had your gentle spirit.
如果我厉声谴责奥斯汀
If I castigate Austin,
那是因为我自己的弱点也是同样的严重
it is because my own failings are equally as great.
我们恰恰都活成了 我们害怕成为的那种人
We become the very thing we dread,
而我 则变成了怨天尤人的那种人
and I have become embittered.
尽管你激烈似火
Despite your vehemence,
你拥有的灵魂 是任何人都可以为之骄傲的
you have a soul anyone would be proud of.
哦 温妮
Oh, Vinnie.
温妮
Vinnie.
为什么这个世界已经变得如此丑陋?
Why has the world become so ugly?
我们的旅程在向前 我们的双脚几乎已经抵达
Our journey had advanced; Our feet were almost come
人生残存的岔路边 永恒之期限
To that odd fork in Being’s road, Eternity by term.
我们的步伐突然恐惧 我们的双足 不愿迈进
Our pace took sudden awe, Our feet reluctant led.
前方是城市 但中间 是死亡的森林
Before where cities, but between, The forest of the dead.
撤退已无望 — 背后 一条封死的路
Retreat was out of hope, – Behind, a sealed route,
前方是永世的白旗 高悬 而上帝 在每一扇门前
Eternity’s white flag before, And God at every gate.
嘘 嘘 嘘 艾米莉
Shhh, shhh, shhh. Emily.
嘘 平静 艾米莉 镇定下来
Shhh, calm. Emily, calm yourself.

Shhh.
我们就束手无策吗 大夫?
Is there nothing we can do, Doctor?
握紧她 我再给她多施些镇静剂
Hold her down, I’ll give her some more chloroform.
嘘 艾米莉 艾米莉
Shhh. Emily, Emily.
艾米莉 嘘 嘘 嘘
Emily. Shhh, shhh, shhh.
嘘 艾米莉 嘘
Shhh, Emily. Shhh.
嘘 – 艾米莉 我们在这儿呢
Shhh. – Emily, we’re here.
艾米莉 – 嘘
Emily. – Shhh.
别紧张 平静 – 嘘
Easy, calm. – Shhh.
嘘 – 放轻松 很好 很好
Shhh. – Easy. Yes, yes.
呼吸 艾米莉 艾米莉
Breathe, Emily. Emily.
没事了 没事了 – 嘘 嘘
It’s all right. It’s all right. – Shhh. Shhh.

Shhh.

Shhh.
大夫?
Doctor?
嘘 – 没事了
Shhh. – Easy.
♪ 她埋葬了他 在日出之前
♪ She buried him before the prime
♪ 而那边 她在晚祷开始前也结束了自己
♪ But there, she was dead herself ere evensong time
♪ 愿上帝赐予每一个骑士
♪ God send every gentleman
♪ 这样的鹰 这样的狗
♪ Such hawks, such hounds,
♪ 和这样一个爱人
♪ And such a Leman ♪
我的生命结束前已结束过两次
My life closed twice before its close;
它还要等等看
It yet remains to see
永恒是否会向我揭示 第三件事
If Immortality unveil A third event to me,
象前两次的降临一样重大 一样 令人心灰望绝
So huge, so hopeless to conceive, As these that twice befell.
分离既是我们所知天堂的全貌 亦是我们所需地狱的一切
Parting is all we know of Heaven, And all we need of Hell.
向我曾经度过的生命告别 还有我曾经熟悉的世界
Goodbye to the life I used to live, And the world I used to know;
替我吻遍群山 只需一遍 就够
And kiss the hills for me, just once;
然后我已准备好 踏上归途!
Now I am ready to go!
因我无法为死亡伫足 —
Because I could not stop for Death –
他体贴地为我停下脚步 —
He kindly stopped for me –
马车只乘载我们俩人 —
The carriage held but just ourselves –
随行者 永恒
And Immortality.
我们缓缓前进 — 死亡不识匆忙
We slowly drove – he knew no haste
我亦将 辛劳与悠闲抛却一旁
And I had put away My labour and my leisure too,
只因他殷勤有礼
For His civility.
我们驶经学校 孩子于
We passed the school, where children strove,
休息时间 — 在操场上玩耍 —
At recess – in the ring –
我们驶经禾稼凝望的田野 —
We passed the fields of grazing grain –
我们驶经夕阳 —
We passed the setting sun –
毋宁说 — 夕阳行经我们 —
Or rather – he passed us –
露滴微颤冽冷 —
The dews drew quivering and chill –
因我的长袍 仅是轻绢 — 而披肩 — 仅是薄纱 —
For only gossamer, my gown – My tippet – only tulle –
我们暂歇于一栋屋舍前 那看来仅是一块凸地 —
We paused before a house that seemed A swelling of the ground –
屋顶难以辨识 — 而屋檐 — 贴于地面 —
The roof was scarcely visible – The cornice – in the ground –
至今 — 已过了好几个世纪 — 但却 仿佛比那日还短暂
Since then – ’tis centuries – and yet Feels shorter than the day
那日 当我初次臆测 马首是朝向 永恒的来世 —
I first surmised the horses’ heads Were toward eternity –
这是我写给世界的信 它却从未给我回信 —
This is my letter to the world, That never wrote to me, –
大自然的天语至简 温婉而庄敬
The simple news that Nature told, With tender majesty.
诗笺托付之手无形 我可无法看见
Her message is committed To hands I cannot see;
为了爱她 亲爱的同胞 对我的评判 多些温婉!
For love of her, sweet countrymen, Judge tenderly of me!
艾米莉·狄金森
1830~1886

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!