Walk away.
放弃吧
Max, come here.
麦克斯 过来
Who’s got the goods?
谁能带走它
Pre- trial strategy at my office in less than 2 hours…
两小时内到我办公室作审前准备
and I expect to see your ass there!
我会在那等着你这混♥蛋♥
Free Carl Lee!
释放卡尔·李
Free Carl Lee!
释放卡尔·李
Fry Carl Lee!
油炸卡尔·李
Fry Carl Lee!
油炸卡尔·李
Mr. Buckley…
巴克利先生
you may begin.
你可以开始了
Good morning.

You are Cora Mae Cobb,
你是科拉·梅·卡勃
the mother of Billy Ray Cobb, are you not?
比利·雷·卡勃的母亲吗
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Where were you when he was murdered?
他被谋杀时你在哪
Outside that door right there.
就在那扇门外边
Me and Freddie was waiting for his hearing.
我和弗雷迪正等着他的听证会
He was walking up the stairs…
他当时戴着手铐
in handcuffs.
在上楼梯
Can you tell us how old your son was at the time of his death?
你能告诉大家令郎身亡时是多少岁吗
23.
23岁
Your son was 23 when he died?
令郎死时是23岁
In those 23 years, Mrs. Cobb…
在那23年里 卡勃太太
how many children did he kidnap?
他绑♥架♥过多少小孩
Objection, Your Honor!
反对 法官大人
Sustained.
反对有效
You are out of order.
你违规了
Withdraw the question.
撤回这个问题
The jury will disregard the last question from Mr. Brigance.
陪审团不必理会伯根斯先生刚才的问题
In your son’s 23 years…
令郎在那23年中
how many other children did he rape?
他强♥奸♥过多少其他孩子
In my chambers.
到我办公室去
Court will recess for lunch.
午间暂时休庭
Why antagonize the judge?
干嘛和法官作对呢
He should’ve known Noose’d pull him into chambers.
他应该知道纽斯会叫他去办公室
Of cause, he knew.
他是知道
But he got to draw first blood, and that’s more important.
但他得先发制人 这一点很重要
Come play on a winning team.
来为胜者组效力吧
How’s that impotence thing?
阳萎病情怎么样了
You’re not being paid for your work, are you?
你的工作是没有酬劳的对吧
No, sir.
没错
Well, I guess Jake’s paying you in other ways.
我猜杰克是用其他方式付你报酬的
Impotence.
阳萎
Yes. Girls talk.
对 女性用语
If you would, can you please identify this weapon?
可以的话 能请你辨认一下这件武器吗
The weapon found at the scene.
是现场找到的武器
You were able to identify the fingerprints found on this gun?
你能辨认出在这支枪上找到的指纹吗
Yes, the prints on the gun matched those of Carl Lee Hailey.
是的 枪上的指纹和卡尔·李·海利的一致
You’re sure?
你肯定
Yes.
是的
I’d like to enter this into evidence as Exhibit S-18.
我希望将其列入S-18号♥呈堂证物
We have no further use of this witness.
没有问题要问证人了
Sheriff Walls…
沃斯治安官
did you arrest Cobb and Willard?
是你逮捕的卡勃和威拉德吗
Yes, I did.
是的 是我
I arrested them for the rape…
罪名是强♥奸♥
and attempted murder of 10-year-old Tonya Hailey.
并企图谋杀10岁的唐雅·海利
Is it true that Pete Willard…
威拉德是否
signed a confession…
在口供上签名
saying that he and Billy Ray Cobb did rape Tonya Hailey?
承认他和比利·雷·卡勃 强♥奸♥了唐雅·海利
Objection! That’s inadmissible, and Mr. Brigance knows it.
反对 辩方这是明知故犯
I’ve spoken to you before.
我之前和你说过了
We are not trying the rape of Miss Hailey today…
我们今天不是审理海利小姐的强♥奸♥案…
but the murder of two young men,
而是两名年轻男子被谋杀一案
and if you continue in this performance.
如果你继续这样进行
I’ll hold you in contempt.
我会判你藐视法庭
Is that understood?
明白了吗?
Yes, sir.
是的 大人
I have no further questions.
没有问题了
Yes.
还有
You say something?
你有话说吗?
Yes, he did sign a confession.
是的 他在口供上签了名
Objection!
反对
Jurors…
陪审团…
you will disregard the last remark of Sheriff Walls.
对沃斯治安官刚才的言论可以不予理睬
Court is adjourned till tomorrow morning, 9:00.
现在休庭 明早九点继续审理
I’m taking Bud back to Oxford.
我要带巴德回牛津
He always missed Oxford.
他一直都怀念牛津
I don’t know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
There’s nothing you can say.
那就什么都别说
I know you didn’t want any of this to happen…
我知道你不希望发生这些事…
but it happened all the same.
但这一切还是发生了
You wagered all our lives on this.
你在拿我们的性命作赌注
You just went ahead and did what you felt you had to do,
你一心只想把你觉得必须做的事做下去
no matter what the cost.
其他什么都不顾
Some folks think that’s brave.
有人认为那是勇敢
Not me, Jake.
但我不会 杰克
Now, you may win…
你可能会赢…
but I think we’ve all lost here.
但我觉得我们现在都输了
Would you help an old lady to her car?
你愿意扶一个老太太上车吗?
You don’t need any help, Ethel…
你用不着扶 伊赛尔…
but it would be an honor to escort you to your automobile.
但能送你上车是我的荣幸
Didn’t like that one?
不喜欢那本吗
Buckley presents his shrink tomorrow…
巴克利明天会传他的心理医生出庭
and I need a way to bring him down.
我要想个办法打击他
I keep asking myself,
我一直问自己
“What would Jake do? What would my father do?”
“杰克会怎么做 我父亲会怎么做”
“Lucien?”
“卢瑟会怎么做”
That’s your problem right there.
那正是你的问题所在
You must ask yourself, “What would Harry Rex do?”
你应该问自己: “哈利·雷克会怎么做”
What would he do?
他会怎么做?
Cheat.
欺骗
Cheat like crazy.
发疯地欺骗
We gotta talk about it.
我们得谈谈这事
Wait. The judge said absolutely not to discuss this case.
等等 法官说过我们绝对不许讨论案情
The judge ain’t stuck here away from his family.
法官可没有离开家人呆在这
The sooner we start talking about it, the sooner it’s over.
我们早点讨论 事情就能早点结束
I want to get out of here as much as anyone else.
我和大家一样想离开这
Let’s get on with it.
那就开始吧
Undecided?
还没决定?
Four.
4个
Guilty?
有罪?
Seven.
7个
Not guilty?
无罪?
That nigger’s dead.
那黑鬼死定了
Folks can’t get enough of the trial.
大家对这次审判都不太明白
That’s why my editor said to come down and interview Rodeheaver.
所以我的总编要我来采访一下罗德希尔
Dr. Rodeheaver’s in court today.
罗德希尔医生去法庭了
If you want to be a reporter…
既然你要做记者…
maybe you should do some better research?
那总该多做点调查吧
You know what? I don’t mind waiting.
要知道我并不在乎多等一会
My paper really wants this interview.
我确实很需要这次采访
So, is he still in room 369?
他还是在369室吗
I’ll just go there. Wrong again. He’s in 128.
我直接去好了 又错了 他在128室
But he’s gone all day. You can’t see him today.
但他整天都不在 你今天见不到他
You want to come back in my office and schedule an appointment?
你愿意和我去我办公室做个预约吗?
I’ll come back another time…
那我下次再来好了…
when he’s got time to talk, when things have died down.
等他有时间 等事情都完了之后
Thank you. You can call me any time.
谢谢你 你可以随时来电♥话♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!