you stopped talking to your clients…
你就没再和客户联♥系♥
you don’t take your calls…
也不接电♥话♥
you’re obsessed! You are!
你着魔了 着魔了
You’re obsessed!
你真是鬼迷心窍
Your obsession is going to break us!
你这样犯糊涂会害死我们
What’s wrong? We’ve been through hard times.
怎么了 我们经历过很多困难啊
No, not like this, Jake.
这次不同 杰克
Not like this.
这次不一样
We’ve been getting calls.
我接到一些电♥话♥
At home.
在家里
Threats.
是恐吓
You know Bud has survived two strokes.
巴德中风两次都死里逃生
I don’t think he’d survive a third.
但熬不过第三次
Why didn’t you tell me?
干嘛不告诉我
Why, Jake?
有用吗 杰克
Would you drop the case?
你会放弃这案子吗
Jake Brigance’s office.
伯根斯办公室
Until they cut the phones off.
暂时还存在
Oh, right.
好的
That was Sheriff Walls. You better get down to the jail.
是沃斯治安官 你最好快去监狱
What’s going on here?
怎么回事
I’m Isaiah Street.
以赛亚·史屈
Jake Brigance.
杰克·伯根斯
I believe you know Reverend Agee.
艾吉牧师你应该认识
And this is…
这位是
Norman Reinfeld, I’ve seen your picture in the paper.
诺曼 我在报纸上见过你的照片
I assume these boys carry your things.
想必这是你的助手
Just a small part of my legal defense team.
只是我的辩护组的一小部分
Pleasure, Mr. Brigance.
幸会
If it’s a party, where’s the beer?
要说是聚会又没准备啤酒
Otherwise…
或者
your being here seems a bit like illegal client solicitation…
你们的目的是想在卡尔·李
with Carl Lee already having a lawyer.
有律师的情况下非法游说当事人
Just a minute.
别激动
Carl Lee invited us here.
是卡尔·李请我们来的
Mr. Brigance…
伯根斯先生
let me be frank.
我直说好了
Mr. Hailey’s case has far-reaching ramifications.
海利先生的案子意义重大
Carl Lee’s acquittal for killing 2 white men…
杀了两个白人能被判无罪的话
would do more for black people than…
将成为黑人争取到和白人同校上学
any event since we integrated the schools.
之后意义最重大的事件
His conviction, on the other hand, will be a slap at us.
如果被判有罪的话 对我们是个打击
A symbol of deep- seated racism.
是种族歧视根深蒂固的表现
Perhaps enough to ignite a nation.
有可能造成国家的骚乱
See how important this case is?
你明白其重要性了吗
Enter Mr. Reinfeld’s death squad, right?
所以找来朗费德先生的死亡小队
It’s an unfortunate nickname, but apropo.
这是个不吉利的绰号♥ 但很贴切
My lawyers and I handle only capital murder cases.
我和我的人只受理严重的谋杀案
Of all your cases.
当然是你们的案子
How many are supposed to be lost so you can martyr the victim?
你们有意输掉并从中渔利的案子有多少
How much a defense like that cost?
为这种案子辩护要花多少钱
What, about $100,000?
10万美元左右吧
We are prepared to accept $7,000 in litigation expenses.
我们愿意只接受7000美元的诉讼费用
Carl Lee doesn’t have $7,000.
卡尔·李没有7000美元
Do you?
是不是
The NAACP…
协进会
has raised $5,000 for Carl Lee’s legal defense fund.
为卡尔·李募集了5000美元
And we raised an additional $2,000 from local churches.
我们还从本地的教会募集了2000美元
Let me ask you something.
我想问你一件事
How much of that cash you offer my wife and kids?
你从这些钱中拿了多少给我的家人
That money is to go to pay for lawyers’ fees.
这些钱要用来支付律师费用
That ain’t what you told the church.
你对教友不是这样说的
You almost cried when you told them…
你几乎是哭着告诉他们
how my family might starve if they didn’t donate.
不捐款的话我的家人有可能饿死
The money is for you and your family, but…
这钱是给你和你家人的 但
we thought it’d be better spent on the legal defense.
我们觉得用来作辩护费用比较好
Speaking of that defense fund…
说到辩护费用
can I use that for any lawyer I want?
我能拿来付给我想要的律师吗
It’s not that simple, Carl Lee.
没那么简单 卡尔·李
Actually, it is that simple, Carl Lee.
实际上就这么简单 卡尔·李
Unless the NAACP wants to go on record
除非协进会想背上
as soliciting funds under false pretenses.
用虚假理由骗取资金的恶名
Listen…
听我说
we raised that money…
我们筹集这些钱
for these men to get you out of here,
是为了救你出去
not for this cracker to…
不是为了给这穷光蛋
Now, hold on. Hold on right there, now.
等等 先等等
Let me just get this straight here, Reverend.
我还是有话直说好了 牧师
If you don’t give my wife that cash…
如果你不把这些钱给我妻子
I’ll see to it everybody in this town knows you’re a lying crook.
我会让城里的每个人都知道你是骗子
Your congregation will be interested to know…
你的会众会有兴趣知道
Gwen and the kids can’t eat because you want in with the NAACP.
格温和孩子挨饿 是因为你想加入协进会
That’s right.
没错
When I’m through with you…
一旦我揭穿你
you won’t be able to collect 2 cents in the collection plate.
你的募款盘子里将募集不到一分钱
We’ll expect the check for the Hailey family today.
我们希望海利的家人今天能收到支票
I sure do appreciate your fine work…
我确实很感激你们的努力
but I’ll take my chances with Jake.
但我想在杰克身上下注
Thanks for coming down.
很感谢你们能来
We’ll expect that check for Jake’s legal services…
我们希望给杰克的律师费
around the same time this afternoon.
也能在今天同一时间收到
Good day, men.
日安 各位
You set that whole thing up.
是你设计了整件事
Couldn’t have done it alone.
一个人干不了
Make one hell of a team.
妙不可言的组合
You out there.
你在外面
I’m in here.
我在里面
We ain’t no team.
我们不是组合
There’s trouble.
有麻烦了
Look there.
看那
No, here’s trouble.
不 这才是麻烦
You are?
你是
Meet Harry Rex Vonner…
哈利·雷克·瓦龙
the most effective, morally-compromised lawyer in the country.
全国最有效率 最能在原则上妥协的律师
Ellen Roark, brilliant law student.
艾伦·洛克 法学高材生
Do what you will.
有事尽管吩咐
Looking forward to it.
再说吧
This might interest you.
这个你也许有兴趣
In assessing murder trials,
在所有因谋杀受审的案件中
the insanity plea only makes up 1% overall.
以精神失常为由的仅占1%
And of the 1% that…
而这1%当中
resulted in acquittal success rested almost wholly on the…
成功获判无罪的几乎都是基于
Defending psychiatrist regardless of the quality of the psychological testimony.
辩方精神医生不会将重点放在精神问题上
Shazam. She is brilliant.
老天 她真了不起
“She.” That would be me?
“她”是指我吗
Who else?
还有谁呢
She would be me.
那就是我啦
She is saying that if l take this plea to trial
她是说如果以精神问题为由来辩护
the verdict will hinge on the shrink the jury finds more credible.
关键在于 陪审团对该精神医生的信任程度
She will be correct.
她说得没错
She would.
是的
Sure you don’t need help?
你真的不需要帮助
I do.
是的
I’m hiring. Right now. Me.
那我就马上聘用你
Roark, I am sure that I don’t need any help.
洛克 我确实不需要什么帮助
Thank you, though.
但还是感谢你的好意
I guess that would just have to be your loss, then.
不过我觉得这是你的损失
Nice to meet you, Morally-Compromised.
幸会 大律师
Pleasure’s all mine…
很荣幸认识
“She.”
“她”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!