Could the reason you can’t remember be…
你记不清的理由是不是…
that in 11 years and 46 trials…
在这11年的46次中…
you never saw a defendant whom you found insane?
你从没发现有哪名被告患有精神病?
I can’t recall at this time.
我现在记不起来了
Can you recall testifying at Dan Baker’s trial?
记得为丹·贝克一案提供的证词吗?
Objection! This has nothing to do with the proceedings here.
反对 这个问题与本案无关
Overruled.
反对无效
This better be good.
问这些最好是有理由
Thank you.
谢谢
I’ll ask again.
我再问一次
Can you recall testifying at the trial of Dan Baker?
你还记得为丹·贝克一案提供的证词吗?
It’s a rather brutal double homicide…
那件情节极其残忍♥
where you found the defendant sane?
而你发现被告心智健全的杀人案?
Yes.
记得
A dissenting psychiatrist disagreed with you.
有位精神病医生和你的看法不一致
And Mr. Baker was found insane and institutionalized.
贝克先生 被发现患有精神病并送交医院治疗
Where is he currently?
他现在在哪
At Whitfield.
怀特费尔德
Who is the chief psychiatrist there?
那里的主管医师是谁?
I am.
是我
You are.
是你
Dr. Rodeheaver is the chief psychiatrist.
罗德希尔医生是主管医师
Now help me make this clear to the jury.
请为我向陪审团解释一下
In 1985, you testified that Dan Baker…
1985年 你证明丹-贝克…
was legally sane.
心智健全
The jury disagreed with you.
陪审团不能认同
And Mr. Baker was found not guilty by reason of insanity.
而贝克先生因精神错乱被判无罪
Since then he has been a patient in your hospital…
此后他一直作为偏执精神分♥裂♥症患者
as a paranoid schizophrenic. Is that correct?
在你的医院治疗 是这样吗?
Yes.
是的
Do you normally admit patients keep…
通常你会接纳看来精神正常的病人…
and treat them for 10 years if they are of sound mind?
在医院治疗10年吗?
Of cause not.
不会
Then it would be fair to say…
那可否这样说…
that you find insane people sane…
你会为了审判结果
for the purposes of trial?
证明一个精神病患者心智健全
Objection! Argumentative!
反对有争议的问题
Withdraw the question. Nothing further.
撤回提问 我问完了
Genius, Roark.
你是天才 洛克
How can you get a fair trial?
你怎样能得到公正的审判?
Get an ambulance!
叫救护车
Heard any news on the guard?
那个警卫怎么样?
Ozzie says he’s probably paralyzed.
奥齐说他有可能瘫痪
Some stranger…
一个陌生人…
somebody’s husband…
别人的丈夫…
somebody’s son…
别人的儿子…
put himself in harm’s way…
置自身于险境…
for me.
是为了我
When I saw the blood…
我看到那些血时…
I got so scared because I thought it was you.
感到很害怕 我以为是你中了枪
Do you want me to stay?
你想要我留下吗
Yeah.
是的
I want you to stay.
我想要你留下
So you better go.
所以你最好快走
Oh, shit.
见鬼
Speed limit’s 45, not 70, ma’am.
限速45哩 不是70哩 女士
Have you been drinking? No, I just wasn’t thinking.
你喝醉了吧? 不 只是走神了
Get out of the car for a minute.
请下车
Is that really necessary? Get out of the car.
真的有必要吗? 下车
Isn’t it customary to ask for license and registration?
通常不是只要求出示驾照和行车记录吗
Be still, bitch!
老实点 婊♥子♥
Get in there!
进去
You can’t blame a nigger for being a nigger…
你不能怪一个黑鬼生来是黑鬼…
no more than you can blame a dog for being a dog.
就象不能怪一条狗生来就是一条狗
But a whore like you…
但象你这种娼妓…
co-mingling with mongrels, betraying your own…
背叛你的肤色和杂色人种乱搞…
that makes you worse than a nigger.
那就比黑鬼更恶劣
I’ll tell you what I’ll do.
告诉你我会怎么做
I’ll leave you tied up here naked.
我会将你赤身裸体捆在这
First it’ll just be the bugs eating at you.
首先臭虫会来咬你
One day, maybe two.
一天 也许两天
That sun’s going to cook you.
太阳会灼烤你
And animals…
还有野兽…
they’ll pick up your stink.
会闻到你发出的臭味
They’ll come for something to eat.
它们会来觅食
Carl Lee Hailey should’ve shot you too.
卡尔·李应该把你也杀了
Come on, boys. Let’s go.
快 伙计们 我们走
It’s okay.
没事了
Mr. Brigance, you may call your first witness.
伯根斯先生 你可以传你的第一证人了
Yes, Your Honor.
庭上
The defense calls Dr. Willard Tyrrel Bass.
辩方传威拉德·特雷尔·巴斯医生
Have you seen Roark?
见到洛克没有?
Not yet.
还没有
Would you explain to the jury…
请向陪审团说明一下…
the effect his daughter’s rape had on Mr. Hailey’s condition?
女儿被强♥暴♥ 对海利先生的精神状况有何影响
Tonya’s rape caused a relapse…
唐雅被强♥暴♥导致他…
a temporary break with reality.
短时间的精神分♥裂♥
But yesterday, a Dr. Rodeheaver…
但是昨天 罗德希尔医生…
suggested that Mr. Hailey’s act of calculation was…
指出海利先生是有预谋的行为…
the definition of sanity.
可定义为心智健全
That’s ridiculous.
真是荒谬
Many of the most famous schizophrenics are calculating.
大部分著名的精神分♥裂♥病人 都有思考能力
John Hinckley, for example.
例如试图刺杀里根的病人…
Calculating.
计划周密
And legally insane.
但精神不正常
So, Dr. Bass,
那么 巴斯医生
how would you diagnose Mr. Hailey at the time?
你现在对海利先生的精神状况作何诊断?
Mr. Hailey experienced a recurrence of a dissociative condition…
海利先生有过一次精神分♥裂♥的复发症状…
as a result of the trauma caused by his daughter’s rape.
是他女儿被强♥暴♥ 使他精神受到强烈刺♥激♥导致的
Now, since Mr. Hailey was unaware of the reality of his actions…
既然海利先生不了解自身行为的实质…
he couldn’t tell right from wrong.
不能分辩是非
Nor could he understand the consequences of his actions.
也不了解自身行为的后果
He was, therefore, legally insane.
因此 可以判定为精神失常
Couldn’t tell right from wrong, or understand the consequences.
不能分辨是非 不了解行为后果
Therefore, legally…
因此 在法律上…
insane.
是精神失常
Thank you, Dr. Bass.
谢谢你 巴斯医生
I have no further questions.
我问完了
Your witness.
该你问了
I’m sorry, excuse me.
抱歉 请原谅
Good morning.

Good morning.

Dr. Bass…
巴斯医生…
could you please state for the record your full name?
请说出你的全名以便法庭记录
Willard Tyrrel Bass.
威拉德·特雷尔·巴斯
Tyrrel Bass. That’s a very unique name.
特雷尔·巴斯 很特别的名字
Now…
现在…
Doctor…
医生…
ever been convicted of a felony?
你曾有过重罪前科吗?
Of course not.
当然没有
You’re sure?
你肯定?
As certain of that as you are of the testimony you’ve just given?
象你刚才提供的证词一样确信无疑吗?
Of course.
当然
Let me understand this now…
我要先弄明白这一点…
since you are under oath.
既然你已宣过誓
You’re telling me, and this jury,
你会不会告诉我和陪审团
that on October 17th, 1960…
1960年10月17日…
you weren’t convicted of statutory rape?
你没被判过强♥奸♥幼♥女♥罪呢
Objection!
反对
Dr. Bass is not on trial.
巴斯医生不是在受审

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!