It’s time I take you to breakfast.
我该带你去吃早餐了
Lunch.
午餐
Thank you.
谢谢
You are opposed to the death penalty. Yes, sir.
你反对判处死刑对吧 是的
Why?
为什么
You’re not?
你不反对
I’m in favor of it.
我赞成死刑
I’d like to go back to hangings if we could.
可能的话还希望恢复绞刑
You’re kidding.
开玩笑
No. The only problem with the death penalty is…
不 死刑的唯一缺陷
that we do not use it enough.
是我们采用得还不够多
Have you told Carl Lee this?
你跟卡尔·李这么说过吗
The men who raped his daughter deserved the death penalty, not Carl Lee.
强♥奸♥他女儿的人该判死刑 卡尔·李却不一样
How do you decide who dies and who doesn’t?
你以什么为依据来决定怎么判呢
Simple. You take the crime and you take the criminal.
很简单 只要犯了罪 你就是罪犯
Now, say…
这么说吧
a crack dealer guns down an undercover cop.
一个毒贩枪杀了一名卧底警员
You strap him to a chair and turn it on.
就得把他送上电椅处死
For some reason, I thought you were a liberal.
不知为何 我原以为你是自♥由♥主义者
I am a liberal.
我是自♥由♥主义者
What I am not is a card-carrying A.C.L.U. radical.
但我不是公民自♥由♥协会的激进分子
I don’t believe in rehabilitation.
我不相信什么改过自新
I believe in safety.
我只在意安全
I believe in justice.
只相信正义
I see. Well, let me ask you something.
明白了 我想问你一件事
Ever seen an execution?
亲历过死刑现场吗
Not that I recall.
没这种经历
I suggest you go watch a man be executed.
我建议你去见识一次
You watch him die, watch him beg,
看着他们哀求 挣扎
watch him kick and spit the life out of him…
看着他们口吐白沫 生命渐渐消失
until he shits and is gone.
直到便溺失禁完全死去
Then come back and sing this crap about justice….
然后再回来鼓吹所谓的正义
Spare me your Northern liberal cry-me-a-river…
别跟我提你们北方自♥由♥主义那套
we-are-the-only-enlightened-ones bullshit.
感人至深 唯我开明的废话
I’m sorry, yes, you are the enlightened.
抱歉 没错 你是开明人士
That’s why you brought me to this diner in this black neighborhood.
所以你才带我来这个黑人社区用餐
So you can convince me you’re this JFK-meets-Christ white boy.
这样就能证明你是救民于水火的好白人
Is that it?
是不是这样
Or is it because you’re a repressed, hypocritical provincial…
或者因为你是个受压抑的虚伪乡巴佬
who didn’t want to be seen around town with a woman like me.
不喜欢和我这样的女性打交道
Yes, siree, you sure are enlightened.
是的 先生 你确实很开明
I’m terribly sorry, I’ve made a mistake.
我很遗憾我错了
I thought you were one of the good guys.
我还以为你是个好人
Thank you for your time.
抱歉浪费了你的时间
I’m a little worked up.
我有点情绪化
That’s not the best way to apply for a job.
这对应聘没什么好处
I don’t want the jury to see pictures of the dead rapists.
我不希望陪审团见到强♥奸♥犯尸体的照片
Can we keep them out?
能不能做到
It’s vital the jury know the details of the rape.
让他们了解强♥奸♥的细节至关重要
I’ll need briefs on both.
我需要这两份资料
I don’t like your politics, but you do have passion…
我不喜欢你的政见 但你确实有热情
and that’s something Carl Lee needs, and maybe so do l.
而这正是卡尔·李需要的 或者我也需要
You getting this?
记住了吗
I’m writing it down.
牢牢记住了
Here’s what we got. It’s official.
我们已经获悉正式的消息
Hailey’s trial will be held in Canton.
海利的审判将在本地进行
Today, presiding Judge Noose
主审纽斯法官今天
issued 150 summons for potential jurors…
已为遴选陪审团准备了150份传票
in a sealed envelope.
装在密封的信封里
To prevent tampering…
为了防止作弊
that list will be kept confidential until selection begins.
这份名单在遴选开始之前将一直保密
No one, not even Mr. Brigance or myself…
没有人哪怕伯根斯先生和我
will know the identities of the potential jurors in this case.
都不知道本案陪审团候选人的身份
Free Carl Lee!
释放卡尔·李
Free Carl Lee!
释放卡尔·李
Free Carl Lee!
释放卡尔·李
Beautiful day, isn’t it?
好天气 是不是
There he is.
他来了
Any word on Bud?
巴德怎么样
Ethel’s still with him. Thank you for coming.
伊塞尔还在陪他 多谢你前来
The Pillsbury Dough Boy.
这个发面团似的小子
Still practicing exploitative law?
还在以盘剥为业吗
Thought you were dead.
还以为你死了
I’m trying. What do we have here?
我也想 我活着干什么呢
I’d like to introduce…
我来介绍一下
Lucien Wilbanks,
卢瑟·威邦斯
third white man in Mississippi to join the NAACP…
加入密西西比有色人种协进会的第三个白人
permanently disbarred by Superior Court…
被高院永久剥夺从业资格
for attacking police who busted a picket line in an oil strike.
理由是攻击一队阻挠油田罢♥工♥的警♥察♥
It is a pleasure, Ms. Ark.
幸会 洛克小姐
All right. everybody, jury selection begins this afternoon.
各位 今天开始遴选陪审团
To win this case we need a sympathetic jury willing to acquit…
要打赢官司 我们需要有同情心的陪审团
and a jury that can use the insanity plea as an excuse to do so.
能以精神失常为由 作出无罪裁决的陪审团
I need a drink.
我得喝一杯
No drinking.
不能喝
What do you mean? No drinking!
不能喝是什么意思
It’s my building,
这是我的房♥子
leased to you for a reasonable rent…
是以公道的价钱租给你的
and I want a drink.
我要喝一杯
Ms. Ark, I have all the respect in the world for you.
洛克小姐 我对你非常尊敬
I believe in your right to equal pay,
我认为你有权获取应得的报酬
your right to bear a child or to abort one.
有权生孩子 或是堕胎
You should be treated like a man.
你应该得到和男性同样的待遇
Since you are a law clerk…
既然你是法律界人员
genderless in my eyes…
我就不会在意性别
I think you should be the one to go buy the beer.
我觉得应该由你去买♥♥啤酒
ERA, “she” woman. That would be an excellent activity for you.
对 高材生 这对你来说是很好的运动
No drinking. Not today.
不能喝酒 今天不行
Noose selects this panel randomly.
纽斯会随机选择全体陪审团
Too many bad candidates and we’re sunk.
有太多不利人选我们就完了
Luck of the draw.
全凭运气了
What you need…
你需要的是
is young fathers who want to do what Carl Lee did.
会和卡尔·李做出同样举动的年轻父亲
Agreed. We need young men with families here.
对 我们需要有家有室的年轻男性
I’d prefer no one over 50. Less bigotry with youth.
最好不超过50岁 年轻人没那么固执
So we stay away from women, rednecks and old men.
所以要避开女性 种族主义者和老人
Citizens, thank you.
公民们 谢谢你们
Counsel, you each have 12 challenges. Let’s begin.
两位 每人排除12个人选 开始吧
The state challenges jurors #6…
控方想排除6号♥
10…
10号♥
and 32.
和32号♥
Your Honor, the defense strikes jurors 1, 4…
庭上 辩方排除1号♥ 4号♥
8 and 2.
8号♥和2号♥
26.
26号♥
27, 28.
27号♥ 28号♥
And 31.
和31号♥
Your Honor, the defense also strikes jurors 22 and 29.
庭上 辩方还想排除22号♥和29号♥
That’s it, then. You’re out of challenges.
那就这样吧 排除就到此为止
Jurors, you will be sequestered starting tonight.
各位陪审员 你们从今晚起将被隔离
Opening statements begin tomorrow.
公开审讯由明天开始
That’s a jury of my peers?
这就是我看到的陪审团吗
God bless America.
上帝保佑美国
My name is Stump Sisson…
我是斯丹·西森
and I’m proud to be a Grand Dragon…
我有幸成为地下帝国
for the Invisible Empire…
三K党的
of the Ku Klux Klan!
龙头老大
What the hell?
搞什么鬼
I’m here to say…
我要说
that the law- abiding whites of this state…
本州安分守己的白人
are sick and tired of niggers stealing…
已经无法容忍♥黑鬼们盗窃

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!