will look past color and see the truth.
透过肤色差异来了解真♥相♥
That in the South, justice is and will be colorblind.
在南方 正义是没有种族偏见的
Impressive. Honey, that was really good.
感人至深 亲爱的 说得太好了
Isn’t Daddy smart?
爸爸真聪明是吧
Brigance.
我是伯根斯
That was great.
太棒了
No, we just saw it.
不 我们刚看过
All right, Harry Rex.
好的 哈利·雷克
I’m proud of you.
我真为你骄傲
Good stuff, huh?
了不起 对吧
Hear this? Think it’s a press agent?
听 会是找我做广♥告♥吗
Don’t be gross.
得了吧
F. Lee Bailey’s office.
这是大律师事务所
You nigger-loving son-of-a-bitch,
你这爱黑鬼的狗♥杂♥种♥
you won’t live if the nigger walks.
要是黑鬼无罪开释你就得死
Do you have sympathy for the defense?
你同情被告吗
Of course I do. You’re a mother, I’m a father.
当然 你为人母 我为人父
We all have families. Who wouldn’t?
我们都有家人 怎么会不同情
Don’t presume the DA is insensitive.
别以为检察官就没有感情
But the people of this state entrusted
但本州民众授权给检察处
this office to uphold the law.
是希望我们能维护♥法♥律
Our society cannot condone men who take the law into their own hands.
我们的社会不能容忍♥滥用私刑的人
If you get a conviction, will you ask for the gas chamber?
你胜诉的话会要求判处死刑吗
Yes, I will seek the death penalty for Mr. Hailey.
对 我会要求死神处罚被告
What do you think of Brigance?
你对伯根斯有何看法
Isn’t he still in law school?
他不是还在学法律吗
Say hey to your husband for me. That’s all.
代我向你丈夫问好 就到这吧
Hey, Cora Mae, don’t you worry. Wayne, how are you?
卡拉·梅 别担心 威尼 你好
You plead him guilty, I’ll ask for life.
让他认罪就给他活路
Otherwise, he dies.
否则他就得死
You drop your case now, I won’t bury you before the county.
你现在放弃本案 我就不会落井下石
All rise!
全体起立
Court is in session.
现在开庭
The Honorable Omar Noose presiding.
由奥玛·纽斯法官主审
Good afternoon, citizens.
各位下午好
Be seated.
请坐
Counsel.
辩方律师
And you, sir…
还有你
are you Carl Lee Hailey?
你是卡尔·李·海利吧
I am holding a copy of an indictment…
我这有份由大陪审团
returned by the grand jury…
提交的起诉书复印件
presenting that “Carl Lee Hailey…
声明卡尔·李·海利
did murder Billy Ray Cobb, a human being…
谋杀了比利·雷·卡勃
and James Willard, a human being…
和詹姆斯·威拉德
and did attempt to kill Dwayne Looney…
并企图谋杀治安警员
a peace officer…
德维尼·隆尼
against the peace and dignity of Mississippi.”
破坏了密西西比州的和平和尊严
Do you understand the charges against you?
你明白被指控的罪名吗
How do you wish to plead?
你希望作何辩护
Not guilty.
无罪辩护
The defense enters a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.
辩方以精神失常为由申请无罪答辩
Your trial is set for July 22.
审判定于7月22日进行
All pre- trial motions and matters should be filed by July 8.
所有审前事宜必须在7月8日前提交备案
Anything further?
还有问题吗
Yes.
是的
The State requests the defendant be examined by its own doctors.
控方要求由政♥府♥医师对被告进行检查
Granted.
批准
Additionally, the State opposes any request for bail.
另外 控方反对任何保释申请
We have not yet asked for bail. Now Governor Buckley…
我们还没申请保释 “现任州长”巴克利
cannot oppose a request until one is made.
不能在申请提交之前进行反对
Your Honor…
庭上
even Mr. Brigance’s meager legal experience…
既然伯根斯先生如此缺乏法律常识
should have taught him…
那不妨教教他
I haven’t been elected governor, yet…
我还没当选为州长
and he is required to request bail.
而申请保释是他必不可少的程序
The State opposes any request.
控方必然予以反对
In the future, why don’t we wait till he makes the request.
那我们还是等到他提出申请时再说好了
Thank you.
谢谢
We would like to request bail.
辩方希望申请保释
Denied.
驳回
I never allow bail…
我从不会允许
in a murder case and don’t feel an exception is called for today.
谋杀疑犯申请保释 今天也不例外
Good enough. We will be filing for a change of venue.
明白了 辩方要求更改审判地点
I anticipated this.
我早料到了
Let me save you some time. Your motion is denied.
我就替你省点时间吧 申请予以驳回
We have not yet filed.
辩方尚未提交文件
We are simply indicating our intent to file in writing…
只是表明有提交正式书面申请的意向
I said, “Request denied. ”
我说了 予以驳回
Your Honor…
庭上
how can you summarily deny this request?
你怎么能当场驳回请求
It is quite clear that Carl Lee Hailey cannot receive a fair trial in Canton.
显而易见 被告无法在本郡得到公平审判
Sidebar.
请律师上前
We have a right…
辩方有权利
I will not tolerate grandstanding in my courtroom.
我不会允许在我的庭上哗众取宠
Get to work.
去干正事吧
Excellent technique, counselor.
确实高明 大律师
Your Honor.
庭上
It would be remiss not to tell you that in State vs. Johnson…
辩方不得不提醒您 政♥府♥控告约翰逊
and State vs. Fisher…
及政♥府♥控告弗舍尔
both in 1985…
两案均在1985年
“Failure to consider a change of venue…
申请更改审判地点失败
has been a reversible decision on appeal.”
曾通过上诉获准更改决定
No trial judge… likes his rulings overturned.
没有主审法官希望自己的裁决被推♥翻♥
I guess you get to submit that brief after all.
我猜你终究是要提交辩护状的
Have it on my desk Tuesday.
星期二交给我好了
Mr. Hailey…
海利先生
you are hereby ordered…
依照程序
to remain in custody of the Madison County Sheriff until trial.
审判之前 你继续交由麦迪逊郡治安官看管
Dismissed.
退庭
Find me that state doctor, Rodeheaver.
把政♥府♥医师罗德希尔找来
Get him down here to interview Hailey.
让他给海利进行检查
I want to find who Brigance is using for a shrink.
查出伯根斯找的哪个精神医生
I want him discredited.
我要他名誉扫地
Professional or personal dirt?
从专业还是私生活着手
Just get me enough to shatter him in court.
只要能在法庭上击垮他就行
We can do that.
交给我们好了
This is $900, Carl Lee. We said a thousand down.
这是900 卡尔·李 我们说好是1000的
My kids got to eat.
我的孩子得吃饭
Mine too.
我的也一样
When do I get the rest?
其余的何时给我
Them folks at the bank, they won’t lend me money on my house.
银行的人不接受我用房♥子抵押借款
Why? The house is almost paid for.
为什么 房♥屋贷款快还清了
You borrowed on it before Lester’s trial.
你兄弟那次不是借到了吗
Say I wasn’t in jail then. Say to Gwen,
银行说 我当时没坐牢
how will I pay if I’m on death row?
万一被判死刑谁来还钱
And I lost my job at the mill.
我在工场的工作也丢了
They called Gwen.
他们通知了我老板
Worked 20 years, I’m out 5 days and they fired me.
干了20年 歇了5天就把我开除了
Carl Lee…
卡尔·李
I can’t try a capital murder case for $900.
我不能为首♥付♥900美元打谋杀官司
I need to live.
我得过日子
Me too, Jake.
我也一样 杰克
I need to live too.
我也得过日子
Nice night.
晚上好
Finder of precedents, mystery woman of the courthouse….
原来是法庭上 找到前案例的神秘女人.
Care for a beer?
要啤酒吗
I assume that’s the infamous change of venue motion.
我猜那是申请更改地点的申请书
Ellen Roark. R-O-A-R-K.
艾伦·洛克 R-O-A-R-K
That’s Roark in Boston, but it seems to be Row- ark in Mississippi.
波士顿人 在密西西比大概会读成”拉克”
Boston.
波士顿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!