You’ve got to love the Lord for making things like that.
象这样的人一定得到了上帝的偏爱
Sure you don’t want to look at her resume there?
你真的不想看看她的履历
You could use help.
你可能需要帮手
No, I don’t want to look at her resume here,
不 我不想看她的履历
because I have you.
因为已经有你来帮我
You do?
是吗
Yeah, buddy.
是的 伙计
This is your chance to put aside your shady sources…
这是你的好机会 抛开罪恶之源
and greedy divorcees…
和贪婪的离婚案件
and do some real law for once.
真正的捍卫一次法律
Mr. Vonner, in short…
瓦龙先生 简而言之
you have the opportunity to work on a case that matters.
有机会正正经经办一次案是很有意义的
Let me get this straight.
恕我直言
You want me to put aside my empty, soulless, shady…
你是想要我抛开我那空虚 无情 阴暗
astonishingly lucrative, divorcee practice…
利益惊人的离婚业务
come work with you on an unwinnable,
帮你打一起毫无胜算
leading high lose-all-my-friends case…
会失去我所有朋友的官司
because it matters?
就因为这事有意义
It’s a novel idea, I know.
我知道很难理解
No way. Never. Presumptuous little shit.
没门 你这自以为是的小混♥蛋♥
Goodnight, y’all.
晚安 各位
I need the sheriff.
我要找治安官
He’s asleep now.
他睡了
Well, get him up.
叫他起来
Who is this?
你是谁
Someone’s going to die tonight.
今晚会出人命
I got him!
我抓住他了
Get his ass!
别放走他
What’s in the case?
箱子里是什么
It’s ticking.
有滴答声
What is it?
是什么
I ain’t saying.
我不会说
Family out?
家人转移了吗
It’s locked.
锁住了
I want you to open it.
打开它
My God!
老天
Oh, man….
老天
Defuse it.
拆除它
I’m going to take you and this nigger-lover to hell with…
我要送你和这个黑鬼的密友一起下地狱
Ain’t nothing more dangerous than a fool with a cause.
没有比极端狂热分子更危险的人了
Lay that thing back down there real easy-like. Let’s go.
小心点把它放回去 我们快离开
Carla loves this house.
卡拉舍不下这房♥子
Come here, girl.
过来 宝贝女儿
Are you coming to Grandpa’s too?
你也去外公家吗
Daddy must stay here and work.
爸爸得留在这工作
You and your mom have a good time.
你和妈妈玩得开心点
You be good.
你要听话
Go get your stuff.
去拿你的东西
You said you’d quit if it got dangerous.
你说过如果有危险就放弃
I know.
我知道
I can’t quit now, you know that.
我现在不能放弃 你也知道的
Carl Lee is facing the gas chamber. The man is counting on me.
卡尔·李面临着毒气室 他全指望我了
I understand that, Jake.
我明白 杰克
Remember that we’re counting on you too.
记住我们也指望着你
What if something happens to you?
万一你有不测怎么办
Nothing’s going to happen. Come here.
不会有事的 来
Hug?
抱抱好吗
Everything will be okay. I’ll be fine, you’ll be fine.
不用担心 你和我都会好好的
Okay, babe?
懂吗 宝贝
I promise.
我保证
Don’t make promises you can’t keep.
不要作你做不到的保证
You ready?
汉娜 准备好了吗
Good afternoon. Come in.
下午好 请进
Good afternoon.
下午好
You may come this way. The judge is upstairs.
请走这边 法官在楼上
Thank you, sir.
谢谢
Judge Noose.
纽斯法官
Thanks for coming.
感谢前来
Heard you had trouble last night.
听说你昨晚遇到了麻烦
Makes you wonder about the sensibleness of taking this case.
这会让你明白该不该接这个案子
This is a beautiful place you have here.
你这儿可真漂亮
I’ll get to the point.
还是说正事吧
I’ve thoroughly reviewed your brief request and a change of venue.
我仔细考虑过 关于更改审判地点的申请
And I agree with you.
我同意你的观点
It’s impossible to find an impartial jury in Canton.
在本地不可能找到毫无偏见的陪审团
I think it’s impossible
恐怕在密西西比任何地方
to find an impartial jury anywhere in Mississippi.
都无法找到毫无偏见的陪审团
As such…
这样的话
a jury here would be as fair as a jury anywhere else.
本地陪审团的公正程度 和其它地方都一样
So I decided to deny your request for a change of venue.
所以我决定驳回你更改地点的请求
I guess that…
既然这样
gives me something to appeal.
我只能上诉了
Actually, no.
不会有用
I spoke to Judge Dent…
我和登特法官谈过
and he believes that the Supreme Court would uphold my ruling.
而他相信最高法♥院♥会赞成我的裁决
You certainly covered your bases.
您确实神通广大
You’re a good lawyer.
你是个好律师
You’re bright and ambitious.Talented.
你聪明 有抱负 有才气
You could be someone.
你大有前途
You sure you want to be known as the man that defended that murderer?
你真想通过为那个谋杀犯辩护来出名吗
Could be very unpopular.
结果可能很糟糕
Talk to your client.
和你的当事人谈谈
He pleads guilty…
他认罪的话
Buckley’ll accept manslaughter. He’ll be out in 20.
巴克利同意以过失杀人罪起诉 20年就能释放
And how’s his wife supposed to raise his family alone?
可他妻子一个人怎么养活家人
Better than being a widow.
总比做寡妇要好
Think about it.
考虑一下吧
Why toss away a promising career?
干嘛要自毁前程呢
Good day.
日安
Thanks for coming.
感谢你前来
Where the hell is this guy?
这家伙到底是什么人
Born alcoholic.
天生的酒鬼
But the man cannot hold his liquor.
但这家伙喝起来毫无节制
Allow me to present Dr. Willard Tyrrel Bass.
我来为你引见一下 威拉德·特雷尔·巴斯医生
Expert witness for the defense.
辩方的专家证人
This is Jake Brigance…
这是杰克·伯根斯
my protege.
我的”当事人”
Are you kidding me?
你在开玩笑吧
Relax.
放松点
When he’s sober, he’s terrific.
他清醒时会判若两人
He has his license.
他有执照
His credentials are impeccable.
他的资历无可挑剔
Well, I need a drink.
我得喝一杯
3 in the afternoon?
在下午三点
My, oh, my, what would your wife say?
老天 你太太会怎么说
I am my own man. I drink when I want.
我能自己作主 想喝就喝
When did she leave town? This morning.
她什么时候走的 早上
God!
上帝
That’s enough!
够了
Now you tell your boss…
马上告诉你老板
next time people are going to die.
下次就会有人送命
Morning.

Nice parking job. Late night?
车停得不错 很晚回家吗
So, here.
这个给你
Thank you.
谢谢
Your wife lets you sleep here?
你妻子让你睡这
My wife left town.
她不在本地
That’s too bad.
真糟糕
Listen, I heard that…
是这样 我听说
Noose turned down your motion.
纽斯驳回了你的申请

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!