Carl Lee.
卡尔·李
How is she?
她怎么样
She’s holding on.
挺过来了
Doctor says she ain’t out of the woods yet, though.
但医生说她还没脱离危险期
They worked her over something good.
他们把她害得好惨
You remember them 4…
记得去年那
white boys raped that black girl last year?
四个强♥奸♥黑人女孩的白人男孩吗
They got off, didn’t they?
无罪释放对吧
I was in a jam, you’d help me out, wouldn’t you?
我身处困境的话 你会不会救我
Sure, Carl Lee.
当然 卡尔·李
What kind of jam you talking of?
你指的是什么困境
You got a daughter, Jake.
你也有个女儿 杰克
What would you do?
换了你会怎么做
You dream some good dreams.
做个好梦
Good night, Daddy.
晚安 爸爸
Night, baby.
晚安 宝贝
Is she asleep? Yeah.
她睡了吗 睡了
She’s so sweet.
她真可爱
Yeah, she is…
是的
next to you.
但比不上你
When I look at her though, I cannot help but think about…
可当我看着她时 会忍♥不住想到
Tonya.
唐雅
Don’t.
别这样
Don’t do that to yourself.
别为难自己
Something wrong?
有什么不对吗
Tonya’s father…
唐雅的父亲
Carl Lee Hailey…
卡尔·李·海利
came to the office today.
今天来过办公室
Man’s heart is torn wide open, baby.
他非常痛苦
I don’t know, but…
我不知道 但
seemed like he was going to do something.
他似乎想做些什么
Like what?
什么事
Something like killing those boys.
杀掉那两个家伙
Was he serious?
他是认真的?
I don’t know. I don’t know.
我不知道 不知道
It could be just hurt talking.
也可能只是气话
But when you think it’s possible those two animals could…
但想想那两个畜牲有可能
go free…
逍遥法外
and be walking the streets….
来去自♥由♥
I don’t know.
我说不准
After what that man has been through, he’s capable of anything.
一个经历过这种事的人什么事都敢做
Somebody should do something.
得有人做点什么
You should call Sheriff Walls.
你该通知沃斯治安官
to release the owner from assessment.
持有者放弃评估权
I hope I’m having a heart attack…
真希望我心脏病发作
’cause then I get to sue you!
这样我就能控告你
Don’t stand on ceremony, come on in.
不用客气 进来吧
What? No clients?
怎么 没客户?
Just waiting to pick yours up on appeal.
就等着你来找我打官司呢
And you, are you on vacation?
你呢 在渡假吗
Fortunately for me, my lovely…
我生来有福气 美女
divorce doesn’t go on vacation.
总有打不完的离婚官司
However…
不管怎样
not even the richest, most ridiculous settlement I get…
哪怕最苛刻 最荒唐的协议 我都能接受
will be as satisfying as watching those two hyenas…
只要能看到那两个畜牲得到报应
get what’s coming to them.
我就心满意足了
Oh, dear.
老天
I’m a fool for those German-type convertibles.
我太喜欢德制敞篷车了
Come on, let’s get to court.
得了 我们去法庭吧
Lucien thinks the two hyenas just might get off.
卢瑟觉得两个畜牲也许会无罪释放
You saw Lucien?
你见到卢瑟了?
When? Where?
什么时候 在哪
How is he?
他怎么样
Has he been eating better?
饮食好点了吗
Just curious.
只是好奇罢了
Refresh my recollection,
再提示我一下
how long were you and Lucien together?
你和卢瑟在一起有多久了
We were never together.
我给他做了20年秘书
I was his secretary for 20 years.
但从没在一起过
Come on, old girl.
得了 老姑娘
You can tell us.
不用瞒着我们
He was your boyfriend.
他是你男朋友
I am an upstanding,
我是个诚实
God-fearing, respectable woman…
敬畏上帝 身家清白的女人
with unimpeachable morals who has been happily married 27 years.
27年来都婚姻幸福 品行无可挑剔
And I have never had or ever will have any boyfriend!
从来没有 而且以后也不会有什么男朋友
And if I did…
就算有
it would not be that old pickled scoundrel Lucien Wilbanks!
也不会是那个无赖老酒鬼卢瑟·威邦斯
She did him, a lot. Definitely.
她和他早有奸♥情♥ 没错
Step back.
退后
Come on out.
出来
All right. Boys, today’s your big day.
今天是你们的大日子
We’ll go to the courthouse, the judge will set your bail…
我们要上法庭 等法官决定保释金额
then we’ll come back, nice and peaceful.
然后再回来 记住给我老实点
If I get any trouble out of you, I’m going to integrate this jail.
敢给我找麻烦就把你们和黑人关在一起
Mama, Daddy’s home!
妈妈 爸爸回来了
Hannah, let’s go inside for a minute.
汉娜 我们先到里边去
Let’s find a book.
我们来找本书看看
Jake, are you hurt? Jake, what happened to you?!
杰克 你受伤了吗 杰克 怎么回事
Honey, are you okay? What happened to you?
亲爱的 你还好吧 出了什么事
What is this? What is going on with you?!
怎么回事 你到底怎么了
Jake, baby, are you okay?
杰克 宝贝 你没事吧
What happened?
出了什么事
I’ll see you.
回头见
Will the sheriff comment?
治安官有何看法
He might make a statement, or not.
他不一定会发言
Is it first degree murder? I don’t know.
是一级谋杀吗 我不知道
Here comes the sheriff.
治安官来了
I got no comment. No comment.
我无可奉告 无可奉告
Hey, Jake. Carl Lee said you’d be coming.
杰克 卡尔·李说你会来
Are you an attorney?
你是律师吗
I’ll make a statement. Get these vans out of here.
我会发表陈述 先把采访车开走再说
Give us something for our newscasts.
给我们提供一点消息吧
Didn’t think I’d do it, did you?
没想到我会这么做对吧
How you holding up?
你想怎样收场
I ain’t had nothing against them till…
要不是他们糟蹋了我的孩子
they messed with my baby.
我不会对付他们
And I feel sorry for their mamas and their daddys, but…
我为他们的父母感到遗憾 但是
I ain’t sorry for what I done.
我不会为此而后悔
How’s Looney?
隆尼怎么样
You blew his knee off his leg.
你打断了他的膝盖
Doctors are still with him.
医生还在为他治疗
What’s going to happen to me?
我会怎么样
There’s going to be a preliminary hearing. Probably tomorrow.
会安排一个听证会 也许就在明天
Then Buckley’ll push for a fast trial.
巴克利会催促尽早审判
Who’s Buckley?
谁是巴克利
Rufus Buckley…
鲁弗斯·巴克利
district attorney.
地方检察官
He’s mean, he’s ambitious…
冷酷而且野心勃勃
and he’ll eat this up because of the publicity.
他会借这个机会表现自己
But you’ve beat him?
你赢过他是吧
Yeah.
是的
Not in a murder case.
但不是谋杀案
Think I can win?
我能赢吗
All depends on the jury, Carl Lee.
取决于陪审团 卡尔·李
Pick the right jury, and you’ll walk.
选对了陪审团 你就没事
DA picks the jury and…
选错陪审团
you get the gas.
就得进毒气室
How much a case like this cost?
这种官司得花多少钱
Probably 50 grand.
大概5万美元

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!