So we’ve been going door-to-door, sort of garner support for our team.
我们正在挨家挨户为我们队积累支持率
Walking all day. You think i can get a glass of water from you?
走了一整天了 能不能讨杯水喝?
Where’s your accent from? I’m from Bakersfield, ma’am.
你这是哪里的口音? 我来自贝克斯菲尔德 女士
California.
加利福尼亚
You’re a long way from home.
你离家很远啊
Long way. But you gotta do what you gotta do, you know.
是很远 开弓没有回头箭 您知道的
Um, I’ll get you guys a glass of water.
我去给你们倒点水来
Thank you. Hold fire, destiny.
谢谢 你别管了 黛斯特妮
Just you go join your friends.
去跟你的朋友们玩吧
I’ll deal with this.
我来处理就行了
Uh, good day to walk, though. Really good day to walk.
不过今天挺适合远足的 天气真挺好
How long we walked now? Five, six miles?
我们走了多远了? 五六英里?
Something like that. A little dehydrated, ain’t you?
差不多吧 你有点脱水了吧 是不是
Six or seven miles in this is pretty good.
走了六七英里 这样已经很不错了
It could be worse, you know?
再走可能要出事的
Okay, you can come in. Thank you.
好吧 你们可以进来 谢谢
Just for a moment. Thank you so much.
只能待一会儿 非常感谢
Excuse the mess. Destiny had a birthday sleepover.
有点乱 别介意 黛斯特妮的朋友来过夜准备生日
I’ll just grab you something to drink,
我去给你们拿点喝的
and then you can tell me about the contest.
然后你们可以跟我讲讲竞赛的事
Okay.
好的
This is a beautiful house. Thank you.
你们家很漂亮 谢谢
Yeah. Thanks so much for letting us in.
非常感谢您能让我们进来
We have just about everything. What would you like?
我们差不多什么喝的都有 你们想喝什么
I’ll take a beer if you have it.
方便的话请给我一杯啤酒
How about you? I don’t want anything.
你呢? 我什么都不要
I thought you were on your last legs.
你们不是说都快脱水了吗
Well, I’m not.
我并没有
Okay, well, look, i don’t have much time,
好吧 听着 我没太多时间
so if you wanna just tell me about the contest.
你们要是想讲讲竞赛的话
Well, so basically I’m working on gaining points towards school.
其实我在为上学挣分数
That’s the ultimate dream, to study, you know?
学习是我的终极梦想
So if you just… do you mind if i put this on the floor for a second?
所以如果您… 我可以把它先放在地上吗
Oh, sure.
当然
So if you just pick two items off this list,
如果您能从这个单子上选择两项
that will go a huge way towards making my dreams a reality.
我就能在圆梦之路上前进一大步
How does this get you to college? It’s an oldfashioned magazine drive.
这东西怎么帮你上大学? 这是一种老式的杂♥志♥促销
So for every subscription that you pick, I get points for.
您每订阅一份 我都能从中得到分数
When I get to 100,000 points, I’m at like 88,000 now,
等我攒够十万分 我现在有八万八千分左右
I get a free year of school.
我就能免费上一年学
So, you’re selling magazines?
所以你在卖♥♥杂♥志♥?
Yeah, that’s what he’s doing. He’s selling you magazines.
没错 就是这样 他想卖♥♥杂♥志♥给你
I’m selling magazines, yeah, but I’m also selling myself,
我是在卖♥♥杂♥志♥ 但我也是在推销自己
you know, belief in my future.
就是 我对未来的信念
You know, they put us through a whole course for, like, five months where…
我们在将近五个月的过程中 一直都在…
I’m sorry. I just… I don’t really read magazines anymore.
抱歉 只是 我已经很多年不看杂♥志♥了
Yeah, you could give the magazines to whoever you want.
你可以把它们送给任何你想送的人
I mean, it’s less about the magazines
我是说 杂♥志♥并不是最重要的
and more about sponsoring impoverished youths,
重点是帮助穷困的青年学生
so that they can chase their dreams
让他们能够追寻自己的梦想
and actually make something of their lives, you know.
让他们能够在生活中有所成就
It’d be a belief in me, you know. I come from nothing, ma’am.
这也是我的信念 我出身贫贱 女士
Like I’m an impoverished youth, bottom barrel,
我就是个穷困的年轻人 底层人
and this would be my chance to, like, achieve something more with myself.
这会是我实现更多自身价值的机会
And what do you plan to study? Politics.
那你打算学什么 政♥治♥
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 没错
Why is that funny?
这有什么好笑的
Oh, it’s not. No.
噢 不好笑 没事
I was just… I was surprised. It’s a strange pick, you know.
我只是… 很惊讶 这个选择确实很奇怪
It’s a strange major. Why?
这是个奇怪的专业 为什么
I’m sorry. She’s my sister.
不好意思 她是我妹妹
I love her, but she’s special, you know.
我爱她 但是她有点特别
I’m not your fucking sister, and I’m not special, all right?
我他妈才不是你妹妹 我也没那么特别 好吗
Hey. You can go fuck yourself.
嘿 去你♥妈♥的♥吧
Hey. I don’t allow language like that in my house.
嘿 我不允许有人在我家说这种话
Well, I don’t live here.
我又不住这儿
You know, it’s been really hard for us emotionally since my mother
四年前我母亲跳到运牛的卡车车轮下自杀了
threw herself in front of a cow truck about four years ago.
我们在情感上一直很难接受这件事
We’ve been trying to acclimate.
我们也很努力地去接受
That’s not even funny. Hard to adjust emotionally.
这一点都不好笑 情绪上一直难以调节
No, it’s not funny.
是 这一点都不好笑
I’m just trying to give her some insight as to why you’re acting out.
我只是在向她解释你为什么情绪失控
Okay, I think it’s time for you to go.
好吧 我觉得你们应该走了
I think if you gave me five more minutes, ma’am.
我想如果你能再给我五分钟 女士
I have been trying to be Christian,
我已经努力做到仁至义尽了
but I can see the devil has a hold of the two of you.
但我能看出来你们两个已经被魔鬼牢牢掌控了
I think the devil has a hold of your daughter.
我觉得魔鬼牢牢掌控的是你女儿
Destiny, turn off the music and put some clothes on!
黛斯特妮 关掉音乐 去多穿几件衣服
No! It’s my birthday, and you said I could do what I like.
不 今天生日 你说了我想怎样都行
Thank you so much for your time.
感谢您宝贵的时间
Happy birthday! Turn it off!
生日快乐 把它关掉
Hey!

Hey, hey! Hey! What the fuck was that?
嘿 嘿 嘿 你♥他♥妈♥是怎么了
You went too far. With what?
你太过分了 哪儿过分了
With the whole mom and the cow truck thing.
那个妈妈和运牛卡车的故事
You can’t say shit like that. I said it to you before we went in.
你怎么能说那种话 进去前我就跟你说了
I said it doesn’t fucking matter.
我说了这根本就无所谓
You say what you have to say. It’s a game.
该说什么就说什么 这只是个游戏
You treat it like a game. But what if it’s true?
把它当游戏一样对待 如果是真的呢
But it wasn’t true. What if it was?
但这不是真的 如果是呢
Oh, what the fuck, man? It’s not fucking true.
你♥他♥妈♥什么毛病 这他妈不是真的
You don’t know that. What if it is true?
你怎么知道不是 如果是真的呢
Okay, do your thing. Do your thing. Do your thing. Do your thing.
好吧 随便你 随便你 随便你 随便你
I got you a present, and now I’m gonna throw it in the garbage.
我还有份礼物给你 现在我要把它扔进垃圾箱
What’s crazy is I got you a present,
我真是疯了才给你准备礼物
and now I’m not gonna give you a fucking thing, stupid.
现在我什么狗屁也不会给你 蠢货
What present?
什么礼物?
What about my present?
我的礼物呢
Ain’t no fucking present no more. It’s gone. Forget about it.
去他妈的礼物 没有了 当我没说
I’m gonna throw it in the trash.
我要把它扔进垃圾箱
Fuck your present.
去你♥妈♥的♥礼物
I’m gonna throw this shit in the fucking river right now.
我现在就他妈扔到这条河里
Go swim for the present.
你自己下去捞吧
You know how to swim? You know how to sw…
你会游泳吗? 你会游…
Get the fuck off me. Get off me. No.
放开我 放开我 不
Get off me. No.
放开我 不
Get off me. No.
放开我 不
It’s not like it’s… All right, come on.
这又不是… 好了 拜托
Give me my present. Give me my fucking present!
给我礼物 给我礼物
Give it to me!
给我
Get the fuck off me. Stop.
你♥他♥妈♥放开我 别闹了
Then give me my present. All right, all right, here.
那就把礼物给我 好了 好了 给
Did you steal it?
你偷的?
They have everything, you know,including insurance, so it’s fine.
他们什么都有 包括保险 所以没事的
What if it’s her wedding ring? Who gives a shit?
万一是她的婚戒呢 谁在乎?
What, are you fucking religious or something?
怎么 你还是个大圣人不成
No. God can go fuck himself.
不是 去他妈的上帝
God’s a cunt.
上帝是个王八蛋
What were you, like, sticking up for me back there or something?
你刚才是怎么回事 为我出头吗
She laughed at you.
她嘲笑你
I like that you did.
你那样做我很高兴
I’ll do it again sometime, then.
那下次我还这么做
What the fuck is this thing right here?
这他妈是什么玩意儿
Enough of this rap shit. We’re gonna listen to something I like.
我受够这垃圾说唱了 来点我喜欢的听听
What did you say? You heard me.
你说什么 你听到了
No, I never hear you. That’s the problem.
没有 我从来听不清你说话 这就是问题所在
I said enough of this rap shit.
我说我受够这垃圾说唱了
We’re gonna put on something i like for a change.
咱们放点我喜欢听的
Go for it.
换吧
…get hit that time.
…没打到你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!