圣诞快乐 希金斯先生
Merry Christmas, Mr.Higgins
圣诞快乐 乔
Merry Christmas, Jo
受伤了吗 乔?
Did you hurt yourself, Jo?
没有 我决不会伤到自己
No. I never hurt myself.
你去哪里了 乔?
Where have you been, Jo?
溜冰
Skating.
真是太好玩了 我的贝丝
It was splendid, my Beth.
瞧 我们刚布置好圣诞树
Look, we’ve just finished trimming the tree.
没有礼物 就不算圣诞节
Oh, Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents.
当穷♥人♥真可怕
It’s dreadful to be poor.
我感受尤其深
I especially feel it
因为我还记得我们有钱的时候
because I remember when we used to be rich.
我也记得
I remember, too.
真不公平啊
I certainly do not think it’s fair
有的女孩应有尽有
for some girls to have plenty of lovely things
而有的女孩儿一无所有
and other prettier girls to have nothing at all.
我们已经比很多人好了
We are better off than a lot of people,
比如孤儿们
orphans, for instance.
我们有爸爸妈妈 还有彼此呀
We have father and marmee and each other.
我们现在没有父亲
We haven’t got father
他可能很长时间都不会回来
and probably won’t have him for a long time.
这个寒冬 军营里的人们在受煎熬
But the men in the army are having such a terrible winter,
所以妈妈提出今年圣诞不买♥♥礼物 我认为是对的
so I think it’s right when marmee said we shouldn’t buy each other presents.
我们必须有所牺牲
We have to make sacrifices.
我乐意做出牺牲
I’m glad to make them.
我只是厌倦年复一年地做这些衣服
Though I am tired of making these dresses over year after year.
至少你能最先穿它们
Huh! At least you’re the first to wear them,
因为你是老大
as you are the oldest.
我觉得你们都没我痛苦吧
Well! I don’t think any of you suffer as I do.
你们都不用去学校面对那些野丫头
You don’t have to go to school with impertinent girls
她们标榜爸爸
who label your father
就因为他是穷♥人♥
just because he’s poor.
你是说诽谤吧 别说成标榜
If you mean libel, then say so, and stop talking about labels
说得爸爸像个腌菜罐子
as if papa was a pickle bottle.
我知道我在说什么
I know what I mean.
你用不着“讽哧”我
And you needn’t be satirical.
是该用些好字眼 增加我们的“字汇”
It’s proper to use good words and improve one’s vocabilary.
“字汇”?
Vocabilary?
我的乖乖 我们不优雅吗?
Christopher Columbus, aren’t we elegant?
别说俚语 乔
Don’t use slang words, Jo.
也别吹口哨 太男孩子气了
And stop whistling. It’s so boyish.
所以我才这么做
That’s why I do it.
我讨厌粗鲁 不淑女的女孩
Oh, how I detest rude, unladylike girls.
我还讨厌装模作样的黄毛丫头呢
And I hate affected, niminy-piminy chits.
同巢鸟儿 和睦相处
Birds in their little nests agree.
艾米 你太拘谨了 要是你不小心
Amy, you’re too prim. If you don’t take care,
你长大后就会变成装模作样的小笨鹅
you’re going to grow up and be an affected little goose.
那你呢 乔 现在你都网起了头发
And as for you, Jo, now that you turn up your hair,
也该注意你是个年轻小姐了
you should realize you’re a young lady.
我不
I’m not!
如果网起头发就把我当淑女的话
And if turning up my hair makes me one,
我就梳两条辫子 留到老
I’ll wear it in 2 tails till I’m 90.
我不要长大 变成马奇小姐
I won’t grow up and be miss March.
我不要穿长礼服 像个翠菊
I won’t wear long gowns and look like a China aster.
我永远对我不是个男孩
Oh, I’ll never get over my disappointment
感到失望 看看我!
of not being a boy, and look at me!
我多想跟爸爸并肩作战
I’m dying to go and fight by father’s side,
但却只能在家编织 像个死气沉沉的老太婆
and here I am sitting and knitting like a poky old woman.
编织 我的天呐
Knitting. Bless me.
可怜的乔
Poor Jo.
我用不着同情
Oh, I don’t want any pity
有一天 我会成为一个名作家
because someday I intend to be a famous writer
靠卖♥♥书来挣钱
and make my fortune selling stories.
那时我就能随心所欲地生活了
Then I shall live and behave as I please,
你们都会坐进精致的马车
and you’ll all ride around in fine carriages.
而你 贝丝 你会有一架新钢琴
And you, my Beth, you will have a new piano.
梅格 你会有很多服饰和缎子鞋
And, Meg, you will have 10 dozen dresses and satin slippers
然后与红发男孩共舞
and red-headed boys to dance with.
我喜欢
I should like that.
所以光烦恼是没用的 我们来排练吧
So there’s no use fretting. Let’s rehearse the play.
贝丝 你弹些阴森的曲子
Beth, you play something gruesome.
艾米 我给你打造了一幕新戏 非常棒
Amy, I wrote a new scene for you. It’s wonderful.
不要
Oh, no.
很简单啦 你只需要大喊
Well, it’s perfectly simple. All you have to do is shout,
“罗德里戈 罗德里戈!救我”然后昏倒
“Roderigo! Roderigo, save me!” And faint.
罗德里戈 罗德里戈 救我
Roderigo, Roderigo, save me.
然后昏倒
And faint.
哦 我会演这个
Oh, I can do that.
我还设计了我的戏服
I planned my costume, too.
样式朴素
It’s absolutely plain
有着彩虹的所有颜色
with all the colors of the rainbow in it.
不行
Impossible.
为什么?
Why?
我是位公主 不是么?
I am a Princess, am I not?
你的确是公主 但你并不知道
Yes, you are a Princess, but you don’t know it.
你以为自己个女仆
You think you’re a servant girl
替贝丝工作 呃 我是指海加尔巫婆
working for Beth.Uh, I mean, hagar the witch.
公主永远知道她是个公主
A Princess always knows she’s a Princess.
但你不知道 看着
Well, you don’t. Look.
贝丝刚刚带着一锅煮沸的蛤♥蟆♥下了舞台
Beth has just left the stage with her kettleful of simmering toads.
你被锁在塔里
You are locked in the tower.
突然之间 恶棍雨果进来了
Suddenly and unexpectedly, Hugo the villain enters.
你惊恐地大叫
You cry out in horror,
“罗德里戈 罗德里戈!救我”然后昏倒
“Roderigo! Roderigo, save me!” And faint.
罗德里戈 也就是梅格 进来了
Then Roderigo-Meg-enters.
梅格演罗德里戈?
Meg…roderigo?
我还以为梅格演我的父亲 堂·佩德罗
Well, I thought Meg was Don Pedro my father.
她是你父亲 但你还不知道
She is, but you don’t know it.
艾米 我说了无数次了 在第五幕结束前
Amy, I’ve told you a thousand times: Until the end of act five,
你都不知道你是谁
you haven’t the slightest idea who you are.
那梅格知道吗?- 我当然知道
Well, does Meg know? – Of course I do.
那我也要知道
Well, then I want to know, too.
为什么我总是这么无知?
Why should I always be so igi-norant?
很简单 如果你知道自己是谁了
Simply because if you know who you are,
这出戏就结束了
the play is over.
这戏太长了
Well, it’s too long anyway.
艾米 拜托!毕竟是我写的剧本
Amy, please! After all, it’s my play.
是我们迄今最好的剧本
And the best we’ve had yet.
乔简直是莎士比亚再世
Jo’s a regular Shakespeare.
这没什么啦
Oh, it’s nothing, really.
注意
Now…
注意
Now…
好了吗?
Ready?
你准备好了吗?
You ready?
我是雨果
I’m Hugo.
我进来了
I come in,
我怀着恶意说
and with wicked intentions, I say,
啊哈!
“aha!”
然后我走近了
Then I come closer.
啊哈!
Aha!
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
来喝茶吧 女孩儿们
Come and get your tea, girls.
我们再也喝不到咖啡了吗?
Don’t we ever have coffee anymore?
咖啡现在稀缺珍贵
Coffee is scarce and dear.
货船都被征召去打仗了
The ships are needed in the war.
它们没空去巴西
They’ve no time to go to Brazil
给艾米·马奇小姐带咖啡回来
and bring back coffee for miss Amy March.
而有些人 似乎除了窥探别人家
And some folks seem to have nothing better to do
就没别的事儿可做了
than to pry into other folks’ business.
是谁 汉娜?
Who is it, Hannah?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!