Thank you.
是的 我对这个药很好奇
Yes, um, i’m very curious About this drug
而且我想知道你有没有可能知道谁拥有这种药吗
And i wonder if you’ve come Across anyone who might have…
对不起
Excuse me.
医生
Doctor..?
塞尔
Sayer.
我好奇想知道如果你曾经碰到
I’m curious if You’ve come across
任何患脑炎的病人
Any patients With encephalitis.
如果你不介意的话
After i’m through dr. Sayer
在我和塞尔医生绝交之后
If you wouldn’t mind.
对不起
Excuse me.
好吧 如同我在说的一样
Well, as i was saying
随着施用 L-DOPA
By administering l-dopa…
你认为简单的帕金森病人的颤动
Do you think a simple Parkinsonian tremor
会到达另外一个极端…
Taken to its furthest extreme
消失而变成完全一点儿也不颤动吗
Would appear As no tremor at all?
你在和我说话吗
Are you talking to me?
哦 是的
Oh, yes.
想像这样的情形你加速了
Imagine that You accelerated
一个普通的帕金森病人的手震动
A simple parkinsonian Hand tremor
到不颤动的关键
To the point of immobility.
假如有一位病人
Suppose there’s a patient
具有所有的帕金森病人的强迫加速-
With all the parkinsonian Compulsions accelerated…
手震动 头来回振动 点动
The hand tremor, The head bobbing, ticking
说话激动…
Quickening of speech…
如果他们不能
Might they not
臣服于他们自己
All cave in on themselves
而且 有效的说 把一个石头转换成一个人吗
And, in effect, Turn a person into stone?
我不知道
I don’t know.
也许
Maybe.
好吧 你认为L-DOPA
Well, do you think l-dopa
会有助于改善这种状况吗
Would help the situation?
塞尔医生
Dr. Sayer
对吗
Right?
我只是一位化学家 医生
I’m just a chemist, doctor.
你是外科医师
You’re the physician.
我会让你去做破坏
I’ll leave it to you To do the damage.
佛洛伊德相信奇迹…
Freud believed in miracles…
处方的可♥卡♥因♥就像是糖果
Prescribing cocaine Like it was candy.
我们信仰可放松的奇迹
We believed in The miracle of cortisone
直到我们的病人对它发疯的时候
Until our patients Went psychotic on it.
现在是 L-DOPA吗
Now it’s l-dopa?
由于应有的职业慎重考虑
With all due respect
我认为宁愿说 现在还太快不能说就是了
I think it’s rather Too soon to say that.
由于应有的职业慎重考虑
With all due respect
我认为宁愿说 现在还太快不能说就是了
I think it’s ratherway Too soon to say that.
让化学家去造成损坏吧 医生
Let the chemist Do the damage, doctor.
但是我
But i…
考夫曼医生
Dr. Kaufman?
是的
Yeah.
你读过这个案例吗
Did you read this case?
“新的药会让颤抖的中风病人吃果冻”
“new drug lets shaking Palsy patients eat jell-o.”
是的 我理解他们 医生
Yes, i read them, doctor.
我理解他们所有的人…忠实地 认真地
I read them all…Dutifully, soberly.
所有的30个案例中有了帕金森症
All 30 cases Had parkinson’s.
温和的帕金森症
Mild parkinson’s.
你的巴吉 医生…
Your parkies, doctor…
如果他们就是这样…十年没有动过
If that’s what they are…Haven’t moved in decades.
也许
Perhaps
你应该再看一次 先生
You should look At it again, sir.
你知道得很清楚像那样的一个跳跃
You know better than To make a leap like that.
你想要有一个关连
You want there To be a connection.
那不意谓着就有一个
That doesn’t mean There is one.
我相信的是…
What i believe…
我知道的…
What i know…
这些人内心还是活跃的
Is these people Are alive inside.
你怎么知道呢 医生
How do you know that, doctor?
因为他们抓住了网球吗
Because they catch tennis balls?
我知道
I know it.
你认为我会让你添加多少吗
How many did you think I’d let you put on it?
全部
All of them.
一些
Some.
一个
One.
一个
One.
有家庭的同意
With the family’s consent
签名
Signed.
雷纳有帕金森症吗
Leonard has Parkinson’s disease?
没有
No.
很好 他的症状像帕金森症
Um, well, his symptoms Are like parkinson’s
但是 我再说一次 他们不是
But, then again, they’re not.
那这药对他有什么用吗
Then what will this medicine Do for him?
我不知道它能有什么效果 如果真有什么的话
I don’t know what it will do For him, if anything at all.
你认为它会有什么效果吗
What do you think it will do?
我不确定
I’m not sure
因为它是为完全不同的失调症所设计的
Because it was designed for A totally different disorder.
你希望它将会有什么效果吗
What do you hope it will do?
我希望它能把他医回到他以前的样子
I hope it will bring him back From wherever he is.
到什么
To what?
到这个世界上
To the world.
这么多年后这有什么是给他的呢
What’s there here for him After all these years?

You.
你在这里
You’re here.
全部
All of it.

Please.
用了200毫克他毫无反应
With 200 milligrams He showed no response.
也许果汁中的酸性中和了药性
Maybe the acid In the juice neutralized it.
也许他要多点剂量
Maybe he needs more.
也许他要少一点剂量
Maybe he needs less.
我将试用牛奶来冲服它
I’ll try it in milk.
500 毫克
500 milligrams.
我会呼叫你
I’ll call
如果有什么变化
If there’s Any change.
好的
Yes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
晚安 莎拉
Night, sarah.
晚安
Good night.
真是
It’s…
安静
Quiet.
很晚了
It’s late.
每个人都睡熟了的
Everyone’s asleep.
我还没有睡着呢
I’m not asleep.
不 你还是醒着的
No, you’re awake.
我可以吗
May i?

Me.
雷纳
Leonard.
这有人要见你
There’s someone here To see you.

Ma.

Ma.
妈妈
Mom.
哦 我的孩子
Oh, my baby.

Oh…
我的名字是埃莉诺
My name is eleanor.
埃莉诺
Eleanor.
很高兴遇见你
It’s a pleasure To meet you.
很高兴遇见你
It’s a pleasure To meet you.
女士们
Ladies?
女士们
Ladies?
现在我做过什么
Now what Did i do?
哦 我的上帝
Oh, my goodness.
你好 先生
How do you do, sir?
我的名字是玛格丽特

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!