1968的美国处于政♥治♥与社会动♥乱♥之中
3月16日 罗伯特·F·肯尼迪参与竞选美国总统
这位来自纽约州的42岁参议员 以和平与正义为竞选纲领
被许多人视为消除种族隔阂 将美国从战争泥潭中拯救出来的最大希望
今天我正式宣布
I am announcing today my candidacy
我将参加美国总统大选
for the presidency of the United States.
我参选并不是为了跟谁作对
l do not run for the presidency merely to oppose any man,
而是为了实行新政
but to propose new policies.
我参选是因为我确信
I run because I am convinced
这个国家正处于危险的境地
that this country is on a perilous course
而且 我深深地感觉到
and because I have such strong feelings
我们必须采取些行动
about what must be done,
我认为 我有义务去做我力所能及的事情
and I feel that I’m obliged to do all that I can.
该死 不 我们不去! 该死 不 我们不去!
Hell, no, we won’t go! Hell, no, we won’t go!
当国家机器变得如此的可憎
There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious…
我不会寻求
I shall not seek
也不会接受
and I will not accept
我的党派所提出的总统连任请求
the nomination of my party for another term as your president.
对于大家来说 有条坏消息
some very sad news for all of you,
我认为 对于所有美国公民
and, I think, uh, sad news for all of our fellow citizens
以及全世界所有热爱和平的人来说
and people who love peace
都是条坏消息
all over the world, and that is that, uh,
马丁·路德·金遭枪击
-Martin Luther King was shot
并于今晚死于田纳西州的孟菲斯
and was killed tonight in Memphis, Tennessee.
我们得告诉那该死的政♥府♥
We’re gonna say to the whole
强硬点 狗♥娘♥养♥的
tick em up, mother.
在美国 鲍比·肯尼迪是我唯一信任的白人
Bobby Kennedy’s the only white man in America I trust.(speaking Spanish)
如果我有理由相信
If I have reason to believe
将会有一场骚乱发生 并且有人告诉我
that there’s gonna be a riot started, and somebody tells me
如果我不阻止的话 就会有大♥麻♥烦
that there’s gonna be trouble if you don’t stop them,
那么 我就有责任去阻止他们
then it’s my duty to stop them.
那么你要去逮捕他们吗?
Then you go out and arrest them?
哦 毫无疑问
Oh, absolutely.
如果他们没有触犯法律
How can you go arrest somebody
你要如何去抓人
if they haven’t violated the law?
他们正在准备触犯法律
They’re ready to violate the law.
换句话说
-In other words…
我可以建议
Could I suggest in the luncheon period of time
行政司法长官以及地方检察官在午餐时间
that the sheriff and the district attorney
阅读一下美国宪法吗?
read the Constitution of the United States?
我不想成为美国的一部分
I don’t want to be part of the United States,
我不想成为美国人♥民♥中的一员
I don’t want to be part of the American people,
让别人像评论罗马一样去评论我们
and have them write of us
他们制♥造♥了沙漠
as they wrote of Rome: “They made a desert,
并称之为和平
and they called it peace.”
你们这代人
Your generation, this generation,
不能将自我的本性与希望
cannot afford to waste its substance and its hope
挥霍在与过去的抗争中
in the struggles of the past.
在围城之外
For beyond these walls
是一个需要拯救 需要改良
is a world to be helped and improved
需要保障全人类幸福的世界
and made safe for the welfare of mankind.
掌握了些什么情况?
Do we know anything yet?
6楼有我们的人在逐间的查 你是经理吗?
We got men on the sixth floor going from room to room. You the manager?
我叫保罗·埃博斯 那些平房♥呢?
Paul Ebbers. And the bungalows?
我们正在检查
We’re checking them now.
收到 (国宾大酒店 肯尼迪竞选总部)
Roger that.
-是假警报 -假警报
-It’s a false alarm. -False alarm.
你今天可就难堪了
I wouldn’t want to be you today.
本职工作而已 我们会开放餐馆
Occupational hazard. We’ll open the cafe.
你和你的人可以在那喝咖啡 吃早餐
You or your men want coffee, a hot breakfast,
-都屋子里 -谢谢
-it’s on the house. -Thanks.
我们还需要一些时间善后
It’ll take us a little while to wrap this up,
不过 我会告诉我的伙计们的
but I’ll let the boys know.
我们需要清理出一条通道
We’re gonna need to open a lane here for traffic.
假警报
False alarm.
对 我不知道这么早就来了
Yeah. I didn’t know you were in this early.
你开玩笑吗?
Are you kidding?
你没看我今天的安排?
Have you seen my schedule for today?
嘿 保罗
Hey, Paul.
这里他妈的怎么了?
What the heck’s going on here?
吊钩和梯子
There’s a hook and ladder keeping me
让我喝不了咖啡 玩不了字谜游戏
from my first cup of coffee and crosswords.
你没有家吗 约翰?
Don’t you have a home, John?
这就是我的家啊 你知道的
Well, this is my home, you know that.
退休并不适合你 对吗?
Retirement doesn’t suit you, does it?
是的 先生
No, sir.
这可不是退休的人应该有的肌肉
This is not the muscle tone of a retired man.
如果我说了算的话 约翰
If it were up to me, John, you’d still be
你会仍然穿着制♥服♥在那里看门的
in uniform, still at that door.
哦 非常好 保持住
Oh, that’s great. Hold it.
好的 再来一张
Okay, one more.
都笑一笑
Everybody smile.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们会随时帮我扑灭大火的
You guys can put out my fire anytime.
感觉如何啊 我的宝贝儿?
And how are you, my baby?
我们马上就回去睡觉 好吗?
We’re gonna go back up to bed, aren’t we?
先生们 女士们
Ladies and gentlemen,
请大家注意一下 先生们 女士们
if I may have your attention, please, ladies and gentlemen.
非常的抱歉
We are very sorry.
是假警报
This has been a false alarm.
啊…
-Yes. Uh…
大家现在可以回到自己的房♥间
you are free to return to your rooms at this time
或者到餐馆享用我们免费赠送的早餐
or join us in one of our cafes for a complimentary breakfast.
再一次的 代表…
And once again, on behalf of the…
杰克?
Jack?
欢迎来到洛衫矶
Welcome to Los Angeles.
先生
Sir.
南达科他州的投票点开放了 伙计们
The polls are open in South Dakota, fellas.
我们走
Let’s go.
你睡了多长时间?
How long has it been since you’ve slept?
那你又睡了多长时间?
How long has it been since you’ve slept?
如果赢了加利福尼亚州
We bring home California,
就能睡个安稳觉了
we’ll all sleep a hell of a lot better.
怎么了?
(men speaking Spanish)
有人拉响了火警
你要加班了 罗加斯
谁说的?
头啊
哪个头?
逖蒙斯
Timmons.
他妈的 靠
Damn it. Damn it.
-早上好 老弟 -嘿
-Good morning, my brown brother. -Hey.
你知道你要加班吗?
You know you’re working a double, right?
为什么除了我 大家都知道了?
How come everybody knows but me?
这周已经是第三次了
And that’s the third time this week.
就没人这样问我 “嘿 乔斯”
For once, I’d like to be asked, “Hey, Jose”
“你愿意今天连着干两班吗?”
“would you mind working a double shift today?”
-做梦吧你 -为什么?
-That’ll never happen. -Why not?
因为你是墨西哥人 这就是原因
Because you’re Mexican, that’s why.
我是拉丁美洲人
I’m Latino.
拉美?
Latino?
乔斯 你♥他♥妈♥的就是个墨西哥人 知道吗?
Jose, you’re a fuckin’ Mexican, okay?
问问你自己 你是个什么东西
Call yourself what you will;
你跟我们其他人没什么区别
you’re no different than the rest of us.
如果你不想加班
If you don’t like the double shift,
门那边
there’s a hundred guys
会有上百个人
out there on the other side of that door
等着接替你的位置
that’ll take your place like this.
如果这样说你才觉得好受的话
And if it makes you feel any better…
我也要连着上两班
I’m working a double shift, too, so…
咱们都得在这待到午夜
we’ll both be here until midnight.
我搞到了两张
I got tickets to see Drysdale pitch
德莱斯戴尔做投手 对抗匹兹堡队的门票 (美国60年代道奇队著名投手)
against Pittsburgh tonight.
-是吗? -他最近的表现相当出色

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!