对你而言 选择萨拉·佩林是考虑赢得选举
For you, picking Sarah Palin was about winning an election,
而不是考虑副总统的最佳人选
not necessarily about who’s gonna be best as vice president.
我的职责是提出政♥治♥建议
My job is to give political advice.
斯蒂夫·施密特
高级竞选顾问
为了赢得选举 需要兵行险招
We needed to do something bold to try to win the race.
如果能重新来过
If you had it to do over again,
你还会挑选她作为竞选搭档吗
would you have her on the ticket?
2007年八月
加州 萨克拉门托
-你好 -他们恨我 斯蒂夫
– Hello. – They fuckin’ hate me, Steve.
谁恨你
Who’s that, sir?
都是保守派的媒体评论员
林博 汉尼提 科尔特
Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter.
他们都在拿我开涮 跟狂欢似的
They’re dancing on my grave like it’s fucking Mardi Gras.
有可能 但倒数也有好处
That may be true, but there’s an upside to being in last place.
你能畅所欲言
You can say what you truly feel.
-你觉得我畏畏缩缩吗 -是的 参议员
– You think I’ve been holding back – I do, Senator.
增兵计划[指对伊♥拉♥克♥]确实有效
The surge is working,
但其他人都不敢这么说
but no one else is brave enough to say it.
都是共和党初选的竞争对手
罗姆尼 朱利安尼 赫卡比
Romney, Giuliani, Huckabee–
你所有的对手都避而不谈
all your opponents are hedging.
甚至你在上次辩论中都有所犹豫
Even you hesitated at the last debate.
有个伟大的人曾经告诉我说
A great man once told me,
“宁愿输掉竞选 也不愿国家战败”
“I would rather lose the election than see the country lose this war.”
我不是在说空话 斯蒂夫
And I meant it, Steve.
那就说出来吧 先生
Then say it, sir.
约翰·麦凯恩不说中听的话 只说真话
John McCain doesn’t say what’s popular, he says what’s right.
我建议你 找些曾经的战俘同胞
My advice would be to get some old pow buddies together
开大篷车全国巡讲
and travel the country in a small caravan.
住劣等旅馆 去退伍军协做演讲
Stay in shitty hotels, do American legion halls,
去海外退伍军人站演讲
V.F.W. Posts,
陪老兵喝喝酒 顺便享受生活
have a few beers and enjoy yourself.
还真♥他♥妈♥该这样
You’re right, God damn it.
我不知道我到底怎么了
I don’t know what the hell’s wrong with me.
太沉迷于赢得提名 而迷失了自己
You get so caught up in winning, you start to lose yourself.
其实不难
It’s gonna be easy
你只要传达一个信息就好了
because there’s only one message you need to get across.
是吗 什么信息
Yeah? What’s that?
约翰·麦凯恩以国家为先
John McCain puts country first.
考虑过加入我们吗
Would you consider joining us?
哪怕只是几周
Even just for a few weeks?
参议员 竞选人之中 我最仰慕你
Senator, there is no one in this race I admire more than you,
但我答应我妻子了 不趟这趟浑水
but I promised my wife that I would sit this cycle out.
我知道 斯蒂夫
I know that, Steve,
好歹考虑一下吧
but will you just think about it?
考虑下 好吗
Just do that– just think about it, will you?
我考虑下吧 参议员
Of course, Senator.
-你保证 -我会的 我保证
– You promise? – I will, I promise.
好 我明天再联♥系♥你
Great, I’ll call you tomorrow.
-没问题 -谢了 斯蒂夫
– Okay. – Thanks, Stevie boy.
糟糕
Fuck.
麦凯恩参议员今日重组其核心竞选团队
Senator McCain today re-shuffling his most senior campaign staff.
约翰·麦凯恩赢得了新罕布♥什♥尔州初选
John McCain wins the New Hampshire primary,
来自亚利桑那的参议员 上演绝地反击
a huge comeback for the Senator from Arizona.
你都能听见他们在我背后喊口号♥
You hear them chanting behind me–
“老麦回归了 老麦回归了”
“Mac is back, Mac is back.”
约翰·麦凯恩在南卡罗来纳州大获全胜
A big win for John McCain in South Carolina,
这是一场他渴求已久的胜利
a win that he will relish.
第二次竞选总统的他 这次能赢吗
The question on the campaign trail was can a souffle rise twice?
约翰·麦凯恩赢得了共和党总统候选人提名
John McCain wins the Republican presidential nomination.
这是见证历史的一夜
What a historic night.
他们曾说 我们死定了
And they said we were dead.
下一站 进军白宫
Next Stop, the White House.
规则改变
奥巴马 奥巴马
Obama! Obama!
奥巴马 奥巴马
Obama! Obama!
奥巴马 奥巴马
Obama! Obama!
奥巴马 奥巴马
Obama! Obama!
谢谢
Thank you.
2008年7月24日奥巴马柏林演讲
柏林人♥民♥ 世界人♥民♥
People of Berlin and people of the world,
我们面临的挑战很严峻
the scale of our challenge is great.
前路漫漫
The road ahead will be long.
但我要说
But I come before you to say that
我们有为自♥由♥而战的传统
we are heirs to a struggle for freedom.
我们的民族 充满希望
We are a people of improbable hope
放眼未来 心怀坚定
with an eye towards the future, with resolve in our heart.
让我们铭记这一历史 书写自己的命运
Let us remember this history and answer our destiny
重塑世界
and remake the world once again.
感谢柏林人♥民♥ 上帝保佑 谢谢
Thank you, Berlin. God bless you. Thank you.
他要在救活一个婴儿 我们就真完了
If he heals a sick baby, we’re really fucked.
2008年7月24日
竞选经理
里克·戴维斯
我们落后15个百分点
We’re down by 15.
如果他的大会演说也那么好
If his convention speech is as good as that–
会比这更好
it’ll be better.
那党代会时 我们就落后20个百分点了
Then we’ll be trailing by 20 going into St. Paul.
共和党全国代♥表♥大♥会♥在圣保罗举♥行♥
斗争很艰苦 约翰
It’s an uphill battle, John.
马克·萨尔特
高级顾问
讲稿撰写人
毛主席曾说过
Well, as Chairman Mao was fond of saying,
麦凯恩最爱引用的语录
最黑暗的时刻过后 便是彻底黑暗
“It’s always darkest before it’s completely black.”
参议员 你不要引用毛主席 我很担心
Senator, it always concerns me when you quote Chairman Mao.
这家伙筹集资金的能力 堪比人肉取款机
This guy is raising money like he’s some sort of a human ATM machine.
约翰 如果需要
John, if there ever was a time
播放瑞特牧师的广♥告♥ 就是此时了
to run a reverend Wright ad, this is that time.
奥巴马家庭牧师 言辞偏激
-绝对不行 -同意
– Absolutely not. – I agree.
有人拍到 他的牧师说”天煞美国”
There’s footage of his own reverend saying “God damn America.”
这是我们手里唯一的强力武器了
It’s the single best weapon we’ve got.
我的竞选 要让我的孩子们自豪
I want to run a fucking campaign that my kids can be proud of,
所以不可以攻击一个黑人牧师
and that precludes attacking a black reverend.
我觉得我们整个思路都错了
I think we’re going about this all wrong.
这个人上了各大新闻杂♥志♥的封面
This man is on the cover of every news magazine.
甚至娱乐杂♥志♥的封面
He’s on the cover of every entertainment magazine.
柏林二十万人为他尖叫
He’s got 200,000 people screaming for him in Berlin.
他又做了些什么呢
And what has he done?
一个毫无建树的人
A man of no accomplishment
成为了世界上最知名的人物
has become the biggest celebrity in the world,
我们一直在追赶他 想打败他
and we keep trying to reach up and pull him down.
我们只需向国民提一个非常简单的问题
What we need to do is ask the American people a very simple question:
你希望下任总统是一位政♥治♥家
Do you want a statesman to be your next president…
还是名人呢
Or do you want a celebrity?
可以试试看
Try it.
他是世界上最知名的人物
He’s the biggest celebrity in the world.
奥巴马 奥巴马
Obama! Obama!
但作为领导人 他合适吗
But is he ready to lead?
油价飙升
With gas prices soaring,
奥巴马却反对近海钻探
Barack Obama says no to offshore drilling
反而声称要提升电力税
and says he’ll raise taxes on electricity?
更高的税率 更多的石油进口
Higher taxes, more foreign oil–
这才是奥巴马的目的
that’s the real Obama.
干得好 弗瑞德
Great job, Fred.
我还以为我们比他们成熟呢
I thought we were the grown-ups in this race.
约翰 那是他女朋友
John, it’s his girlfriend.
这是警世寓言 约翰
This is a cautionary tale, John.
说真的
It’s what I’m talking about.
是啊 那就…
Yeah, right. Yeah, let’s–
-再看一遍 -别这样 拜托
– let’s watch it again. – No, I can’t, I can’t! Please.
懂没 就是这意思
See, that’s what I’m talking about.
这帮人真不可置信
Now can you believe these guys?
独♥立♥民♥主♥党人 却力挺麦凯恩竞选
他想要利伯曼做竞选搭档
He wants Lieberman on the ticket.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!