I never thought I’d see you here, Jim.
麦迪逊花♥园♥广场
他突然起来…
He jumped up…
把他的凳子踢到场外…
kicked his stool out of the ring…
他…他很生气
and he was just, he was furious.
我抢过了麦克风…
I grabbed the mike….
这就是詹姆斯·布洛克
There’s Jimmy Braddock.
我支付不起
The thing is, I can’t afford to….
我支付不起煤气费
I can’t afford to pay the heat.
得让别人帮我养孩子
I’ve had to farm out my kids.
码头也一直在缩减工人
You know, they keep cutting shifts down at the docks…
他们也不会找我去工作
and you just don’t get picked every day.
我卖♥♥了所有每个人都必须的东西
I sold everything I’ve got that anybody would buy.
我去申请国家补助 我去了救济处
I went on public assistance. I signed on at the relief office.
他们给了我19美元 我还需要18 38 美元
They gave me $19. I need another $18.38…
那样我才能付钱把孩子接回来
so I can pay the bill and get the kids back.
你们都很了解我 如果我还有地方可以求助
You know me well enough to know if I had anywhere else to go…
我不会来这里的
I wouldn’t be here.
如果你们能帮我渡过难关 我真是感激不尽
If you could help me through this time, I sure would be grateful.
当然要帮你 詹姆 当然
Sure, Jim. Sure.
祝你好运
Good luck.
詹姆
Jim.
嗨 詹姆
Hey, Jimmy.
给你 詹姆
Here you go, Jim.
祝你好运 詹姆
Good luck, Jim.
对不起 乔 我无法…对不起
I’m sorry, Joe, I didn’t…. I’m sorry.
你有他妈的什么好抱歉的
What in the hell do you have to be sorry about?
老天哪 詹姆
Jesus Christ, Jimmy.
你还缺多少
How short are you?
大概1 50美元
About $1.50.
好吧
Okay.
-我们回家了 -万岁 回家了
– We’re home! – Hooray, we’re home!
回家好温馨啊
We’re glad to be home!
太好了
Good.
好了 没事了
Okay. All right.
-霍华德 不要在床上跳 -对不起 妈妈
– Howard, don’t jump on the bed. – Sorry, Mama.
念给我听 杰
Read to me, Jay.
他在楼梯上 上上下下
“On his way up and down the stairs….”
你喜欢回到家吗 我也喜欢家里
Do you like being home? I like being home, too.
我的洋娃娃
My little doll.
生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
生日快乐 亲爱的霍华德
Happy birthday, dear Howard
生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
许个愿望 孩子
Make a wish, kids.
吹吧
Blow!
嗨 霍华德 快点 他们要切蛋糕
Hey, Howard, come on. They’re gonna cut the cake up.
你要排队
You wanna line up, huh?
你想吃些巧克力蛋糕吗
You looking forward to some chocolate cake?
我们自己有了 我才会想吃
I liked it better when we had our own.
我能理解
I can understand that.
你好 霍华德 你好
Hiya, Howard. Hi.
你♥爸♥有没有告诉你 我曾经经常跟他吵
Hey, your dad ever tell you that I used to spar with him?
你就像我常打你♥爸♥那样打他
You hit the Father? As often as I possibly could.
他很狡猾啊 很难打到他
He was kinda tricky, though. Hard to catch.
去吃蛋糕吧 去吧
Go and get some cake. Go on.
好想你啊 詹姆
Missed you at mass, Jimmy.
我能在周日给你找份活儿
I can get an extra shift on a Sunday, you know?
不要离开我 詹姆斯
Don’t you walk away from me! James.
麦克 听到我没
Mike, you hear me?
打扰下
Excuse me.
每天都想救济世界 那家庭怎么办
Every day, “fix the world.” How about fixing your family?
你怎么当爸爸的
What kind of father are you?
因为她连自己的蛋糕都没有 都不敢到街对面去
Too proud to cross the street because she can’t have her own cake?
现在你又到教堂去喝醉了
And now you’re drunk at church, for Christ’s sake.
真是笑话 莎拉 笑话 我这样说已经是很轻了
That a joke, Sara? Making a joke? I’m just saying it’s enough!
怎么了你们 怎么吵到外面来了
Guys, where’s the ref? Why don’t you stay out of this?
这是男人跟妻子之间的事 你还有脸说你是男人
It’s between man and wife. How do you even call yourself that?
你怎么这样说我 行了吧
What’d you say to me? Come on.
拿开你的手
Get your hands off me!
你肯定又喝酒了 今天是周日
You’ve had a couple drinks. It’s Sunday.
有什么大不了的 一天休息而已
No harm in that. Day of rest.
又没有事情 你想找茬
All washed up. Can’t get a fight.
什么 你想打架
What, you want to fight me?
麦克 不要胡来
Mike, you don’t have to do this.
我可不吃你这套
I ain’t got no beef with you.
来啊 不在拳场就不会打
Come on! Can’t make it in the ring, huh?
来啊 布洛克 我要砍了你的头
Come on, Braddock, I’ll take your head off!
詹姆 不要啊 麦克你没事吧 亲爱的
Jim, no! Mike, you okay, baby?
你干吗管我们的事
Why don’t you get off me?
去死吧 你们两个
Go to hell! The both of you!
天哪 詹姆 他不会打我的
Jesus, Jim, he wasn’t gonna hit me.
麦克 等等
Mike, wait!
现在 你要扭动身子 然后出拳
Now, what it’s all about is rotating your body behind your fist.
出拳 就这样 就打在嘴上
Bang. That’s right. Right in the kisser, yeah.
就这样
There you go.
好孩子 你比你♥爸♥爸干得还好
Good girl. You got a better jab than your dad.
孩子 你好勇敢 还好啦 玫在商店里
Boy, you are a brave man. Not really. Mae’s at the store.
这拳不错 小家伙
That’s a good one, kiddo!
我跟乔叔叔说会话 你去跟别人先玩会儿
You want to go play with the other kids while I talk to Uncle Joe?
乔 你看起来还是衣冠楚楚
Joe Gould, still looking dapper, I see.
当然了 要露面跟人打交道嘛
Certainly. Gotta keep up appearances, right?
很高兴又见到你 詹姆 也很高兴见到你 乔
Good to see you, Jimmy. Nice to see you, Joe.
天气不错
Nice day, huh?
没错
Yeah.
你大老远的开来就来跟我说这个
You drove all the way out here to talk about the weather?
也许你该把我当成你的邻居 没有想过吧
Maybe I was in the neighborhood. Did you ever think of that?
一点新鲜空气
Little fresh air.
乔 这是新泽西
Joe, this is Jersey.
对没错
Yeah. Good point.
我又给你弄了场比赛
I got you a fight.
得了吧 你难道不想打
Go to hell. Come on. You want it, don’t you?
啊 这能通过拳击协会的同意吗
What, we gonna bring this up with the Boxing Commission, or not?
没错 他们批准了 一次就这一次
Yes, and they’ll sanction it. This one fight, and one fight only.
不是让你返回 就只是一次拳击比赛
It’s not a comeback, right? It’s just one fight.
-为什么 -因为你还在继续练习
– Why? – ‘Cause of who you’re fighting.
多少报酬
How much?
就一次 为何不问我跟谁打
Just once, ask me who it is you’re fighting.
多少钱 250美元
How much? $250.
明天晚上 你要参加一次大型拳击比赛
You’re on at the big show at the Garden, tomorrow night.
你要和寇·格里芬对决 詹姆
You fight Corn Griffin, Jimmy.
世界排名第二的重量级拳手
Number two heavyweight contender in the world.
争夺冠军的一场热身赛
Prelim before the championship bout.
乔 这个一点也不好玩 一点也不
You know, Joe, this ain’t funny. No, it’s not.
也不是帮忙
And it ain’t no favor, either.
格里芬的对手受伤了 他没办法参战
Griffin’s opponent got cut, and he couldn’t fight.
所以他们要在一天之内找到个拳手出场
So they had to find somebody they could throw in at a day’s notice.
正常途径办不到
Nobody legit would….
没人未经训练就敢去抵抗他
Nobody would take a fight with Griffin without training.
所以我告诉他们 格里芬要打一个
So I told them use the angle Griffin’s gonna knock out a guy…
从没有被打趴下的人
never been knocked out.
你是他的靶子 詹姆
You’re meat, Jimmy.
你体重能跟他比吗 乔
Are you on the level, Joe?
又来了 总是这样
Come on. Always.
250美元 我可以跟你老婆打
For $250, I would fight your wife.
你又在做梦
Now you’re dreaming.
还有你奶奶 一起上
And your grandmother. At the same time.
满地找牙 别扯了
Teeth in or teeth out? Take them out.
然后你死了 你完了 你拉到了
Then you’re dead. You’re down, you’re gone.
不可能250美元
No chance. $250?
250个香蕉 过来
250 bananas. Come here.
世界拳王争霸赛
普里诺·卡那拉 对抗 麦克斯·贝尔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!