There’s still some juice in these legs, and I can still take a few.
亲爱的 求你了
Baby, please.
就让我重回赛场吧
Just let me take them in the ring.
至少让我知道谁要打我
At least I know who’s hitting me.
我去告诉孩子们
I’m gonna go and tell the kids.
杰 知道吗 什么
Jay! Guess what. What?
我又要比赛了 跟谁啊
I got another fight! Who with?
不知道 但他肯定得倒下 嗨 霍华德
I don’t know, but he’s going down. Hey, Howard.
天哪
Jesus.
乔 开门
Joe, open the door.
乔 打开这破门
Joe! Open the damn door!
不要躲在你的豪华公♥寓♥里 我要跟你谈谈
Don’t hide in your fancy apartment. I want to talk to you.
你不能再让我丈夫 去做你的沙袋
You are not gonna make my husband your punching bag all over again.
我们刚刚挺过来 你又像吸血水蛭一样
We are just getting by, and you’re taking him from his work…
把他从工作里面骗走
Iike some bloodsucking little leech!
我不会再让你伤害他了 就像…
And I will not let you get him hurt again like that…
你听到没有 我决不会让你得逞
do you hear me? I will not let you!
我想你最好还是进来说吧
Guess you better come in.
好喝吗
How is it?
比平时甜了点
Too sweet per usual.
真的啊 可能吧
Really? Go figure.
你的呢 挺好的 谢谢
Yours? Nice, thanks.
对不起
Sorry about that.
你不想让别人见你为他担心
You just don’t want folks to see you down is all.
我不知道 我还以为…
I didn’t know. I mean, I thought that….
不 我就是想 你一定要直起腰来
Yeah, no. That’s the idea. Always keep your hands up.
都是 2 天前卖♥♥的
Sold the last of it two days ago.
那样 詹姆就能训练了
So Jimmy could train.
为什么
Why?
有时候你会有一种直觉 玫
Sometimes you have an instinct, Mae.
从比赛中 你看到点什么
You see something in a fighter.
你都不知道是不是真的 你是那么的寄期望于它
You don’t even know if it’s real, you’re looking for it so bad.
我们不能没信息
Can’t have no hope at all.
但这事真是疯了
But this is crazy.
你根本不知道能否给他找到机会出场
I mean, you don’t even know if you can get him a fight.
我一定会帮他获得出场权的
I’ll get him a fight.
相信我 就算是我今生最后一件事
Believe me, if it’s the last thing I do,
我也会给他争取一场比赛的
I’ll get him a fight.
亲爱的 能拿点糕点来吗
Honey. Go get us some of those crackers, would you?
她穿裤衩的时候很漂亮
She looks good wearing the pants.
你能组织你丈夫想要做的事吗
Can you ever stop yours?
当他决心要做某件事时
When he sets his mind to a thing?
我希望我能
I wish I could.
我都不知道 艰难的是…
See, I never know who it’s harder on…
他们还是我们
them or us.
我们不得不 等他们来弥补他们的所作所为
We have to wait for them to fix everything.
每天…
And every day…
他们觉得 他们在我们面前很失败
they feel like they’re failing us.
就像…就像世界停止了一样
And really, it’s just the world that’s failed, you know?
这公♥寓♥挺漂亮的 谢谢
This is a lovely apartment. Thank you.
我为何要那样做
Now, what am I gonna go and do that for?
你看过报纸了
You saw the papers.
布洛克赛后的一天 报纸比原来卖♥♥的多的多
News had to print extra copies the day after Braddock’s fight.
人是有感情的动物 某些人是有感情的
People are sentimental, you know. Some people are sentimental.
好 那你给我个让他出场的理由
Yeah, so tell me why I care.
你还在为格里芬败在布洛克下而痛心
You’re still sore over the way Braddock took down Griffin, fine.
这个我理解 对很多人来言是种打击
I can understand that. It was a heartbreak for a lot of people.
但是你看
Yes. But look.
假如你有很有选手参加淘汰赛
You got guys fighting an elimination series…
然后在六月和麦克斯·贝尔争夺冠军
over who gets a shot at Max Baer for the championship in June.
约翰·亨利·路易斯 他是你的二号♥种子选手
John Henry Lewis, he’s your number two in line.
他曾经在弗朗西斯 打败过布洛克 对吗
Now, he already defeated Braddock once in Frisco, correct?
如果你在让布洛克跟路易斯打一场
Say you put Braddock back in the game against Lewis.
如果路易斯赢了 你对布洛克抱了仇
Lewis wins, you get your revenge on Braddock…
然后路易斯就可以准备冠军赛
and your boy has gotten a topflight tune-up…
然后正好算是和拉丝克大战之前做宣传
with full publicity before Lasky,
你猜后果会怎样
and what happens?
你会赚好多钱
You make more money.
但是另一方面 特别极小的一种可能
Now, say on the other hand, by some minute, infinitesimal chance…
老天都不信的 可能布洛克打败了路易斯
God forbid, Braddock beats Lewis.
那你就会有个伤感的主角向上挑战
Now you got a sentimental favorite go up…
输给了拉丝克之后 你想会怎么样
and lose against Lasky, and what happens?
你会赚更多钱
You’ll make more money.
詹姆斯 不管怎样
James, either way…
布洛克返回拳场 就会给你带来巨大财富
you’re a richer man with Braddock back in the ring than if he’s not.
行了 别傻了 我都知道这个游戏的本质
Come on, don’t be foolish. We both know the name of this game.
它根本不是所为的拳击
And it sure as hell ain’t “pugilism.”
他们应该把你安排到马戏团去
They ought to put your mouth in a circus.
你觉得呢
What do you say?
不要跟着他走 围着他走 切断他的后路
Don’t chase him. Go around, cut him off.
詹姆斯
Time! James!
我给你争取了一场比赛 真的
I got you a fight. Yeah?
你又要跟路易斯对决了
You’re gonna fight John Henry Lewis again.
真的
Yeah!
乔 我真想亲你
Joey! I could kiss you!
不要 千万不要在这些人面前
No, please, not in front of the fellas.
是不是约翰斯顿的拳手
Isn’t John Henry one of Johnston’s boys?
你又让我担心了
You let me worry about that, please.
我知道你为什么不让我亲你了 你怕我弄脏你的衣服
Now I know why you won’t kiss me. You’re all puckered out already.
兄弟你根本不知道
Brother, you have no idea.
路易斯 在弗朗西斯踢我们屁♥股♥的那个
Lewis? Kicked our ass in Frisco.
-对 -嗨 麦克 那个是谁啊
– Yeah. – Hey, Mike. Who’s “our ass” up there?
乔 麦克·威尔逊 麦克·威尔逊 乔
Joe Gould, Mike Wilson. Mike Wilson, Joe Gould.
你好
Hi.
那个家伙十局肯定拿不下来
That guy ain’t been beat in ten fights.
但是你如果侥幸能赢 我会赚一大笔
But you win on a long shot, and that’s a great payday for me.
想的挺美的 我会记在心理的 麦克
That’s great. I’ll keep that in mind, Mike!
你还有很多事情要做 过来
You got more important things to think about. Come here.
现在我不是跟你吹牛
Now, I ain’t gonna bullshit you, all right?
如果你能赢 我能再帮你弄一场
Now, you win one, I can get you another.
如果再赢一次 局势也许要开始转变了
Win again and then things maybe start getting serious around here.
詹姆
Jimmy?
要赢
Win.
好 不错
Look good.
注意方法
Leverage.
就这样 詹姆斯
That’s it, James!
吓住他 詹姆斯 猛攻他 就这样打
Be a bully, James! Aggression, that’s it.
谢谢
Thanks.
我知道你不希望这样
I know this isn’t what you wanted…
但没有你我赢不了
but I can’t win without you behind me.
我一直支持你
I’m always behind you.
谢谢你亲爱的
Thank you, baby.
我有一个好主意 你想不想一起来
I got a great idea. You want to come along?
好吧 就这一次 那算了吧
Come on, just this one time. All right. Okay.
好吧 那我们以后再商量这事
Okay, I’ll make that a rain check then.
1934年11月16日
约翰·亨利·路易斯 对抗 詹姆斯·吉·布洛克
路易斯 第四回合了 还是表现不错
Lewis, still moving well here in the fourth.
在布洛克反击前 他总是不停的前后移♥动♥
He dances in and out before Braddock can react.
不要给他移♥动♥的空间 詹姆
Don’t let him set the pace, Jimmy!
就这样打
There you go.
布洛克开始反击了 渐渐占据拳场上风了
Braddock slides to his right, tries cutting down the ring.
约翰 不要靠近围绳 到那边去
John, get off the ropes. Move out of there.
路易斯快速闪开围绳
Lewis spins his way off the ropes…
铃♥声♥响起时 他看上去又控制了局势
and looks to resume control at the bell!
休息一下 吸一下 深呼吸
There we go. Suck it up. Deep breath.
深呼吸 深呼吸
Deep breath, deep.
好 他比我印象中快多了
All right. That ain’t bad. He’s even faster than I remember.
对 他很快 不好对付 但是你打的也不错
Yeah. He’s fast. Big deal. You’re not so bad yourself.
你怎么回事 上次你很容易就干掉他了
What are you doing? You beat this guy easy last time.
他完全像是另外一个人 你要用你的速度
He ain’t the same guy. You got to use your speed.
要用拳压制他 保持在他右边晃动

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!