You know, when I was a young man,
我年轻时
there used to be an impression that nurses were pretty.
在护士群中是很吃得开的
Well, it was no truer then than it is today.
其实到了今天还是一样
I’ll take your arm, Mr. Leland. All right. All right.
我扶着你 李兰先生 好的 好的
You won’t forget about those cigars? I won’t.
别忘了雪茄的事 不会的
Have them wrapped like toothpaste or something,
把它们包的像是牙膏一样
or they’ll stop them at the desk.
免得被别人搜去了
You know that young doctor I was telling you about, well…
有些年轻医生们不懂事…
he’s got an idea he wants to keep me alive.
他还想叫我活命
I’d rather you’d just talk.
妳随便聊什么都行
Anything that comes into your mind…
想到什么说什么…
about yourself and Mr. Kane.
妳自己或是肯恩都可以
You don’t want to hear what comes into my mind
你不会想知道
about myself and Mr. Charlie Kane.
我和查理肯恩的一大堆事
You know, maybe I shouldn’t have sung for Charlie that first time I met him.
其实我或许一开始就不该和他认识的
But I did an awful lot of singing after that.
还有接下来的一大堆事
I sang for teachers at $100 an hour.
刚开始是为了老师的事 一小时一百块
The teachers got that, I didn’t. What did you get?
老师拿钱 不是我 妳得到什么?
I didn’t get a thing, except music lessons. That’s all there was in it.
我什么也没得到 只有音乐课程 没别的
He married you, didn’t he?
妳不是嫁给他了吗?
He didn’t mention anything about marriage until after it was over and…
一直到他婚姻结束之后 我才说要嫁给他…
until it got in the papers about us…
报上都登满了…
and he lost the election,
他输了选举了
and that Norton woman divorced him.
他老婆和他离婚
He was really interested in my voice.
他怎么会对我歌♥喉有兴趣
Why did he build that opera house?
他干嘛建造那个歌♥剧院
I didn’t want it. I didn’t want a thing. It was his idea.
我不想要 我什么都不要 都是他的主意
Everything was his idea…
每一件事都是他的主意…
except my leaving him.
除了我离开他
Don’t forget.
别忘了
Ta-ta-ta, ta-ta-ta, ta-ta-ta.
谢谢谢 谢谢谢 谢谢谢
Don’t get nervous.
别紧张别紧张
Please. Let’s come back.
再来一次
Look at me, Mrs. Kane, darling. Now.
看着我 肯恩太太 达令 开始
Get the voice out of the throat
让声音从喉咙里出来
Place the tone right in the mask
掌握好音调
Right, right. Diaphragm.
对了对了 横膈膜
You’re out of pitch.
妳走了一个音
Some people can sing. Some can’t.
有些人能唱歌♥ 有些不行
Impossible. Impossible!
不可能的 不可能
It’s not your job to give your opinion of Mrs. Kane’s talents.
你没资格判断肯恩太太的才能
You’re supposed to train her voice, Signor Matiste. Nothing more.
你只能训练她的声音 先生 别说了
Please continue with the lesson.
请坐 继续上课
But, Mr. Kane. Please.
但肯恩先生 请继续
But… I’ll be the laughingstock of the musical world. People will think…
但… 我会被音乐界视为笑柄 人们会想…
People will think? You’re concerned what people will think?
人们的想法? 你担心人们的想法?
Perhaps I can enlighten you a bit, Signor Matiste.
或许我正好能指导你
I’m an authority on what people will think.
我是人们想法方面的权威
Heh. The newspapers for example.
举例来说 报纸
I run several newspapers between here and San Francisco.
我在旧金山拥有数家报社
It’s all right, darling.
不要紧 达令
Signor Matiste is going to listen to reason.
马提斯先生是明事理的人
Aren’t you, Signor Matiste?
是不是 马提斯先生?
How can I persuade you… You can’t.
我如何能说服… 你不能
It’s all right, darling, go ahead.
没关系 达令 继续唱
I thought you’d see it my way.
我说的没错吧
No, no, no.
不对 不对 不对
Places! Places!
就绪 就绪
Places! Places, everybody!
就绪 就绪 各位
I think it’s dreadful.
真是恐怖
Stop telling me he’s your friend.
别说他是你的朋友
A friend don’t write that kind of review.
朋友不会写这种评论
All these other papers panning me, I could expect that.
其他的报社打击我 我早就预料的到
But for the Inquirer to run a thing like that, spoiling my whole debut.
但居然询问报也这样做 简直是跟我过不去
Come in. I’ll get it.
进来 我去开
Friend. Not the kind of friends I know…
朋友 我知道的朋友可不会这样…
but of course I’m not high class like you.
当然我不像你们那么高级
And I never went to any swell schools.
我没上过那些名校
That’ll be enough, Susan.
说够了 苏珊
Yes. From Mr. Leland, sir.
谁 李兰先生寄来的
Leland? Jed Leland?
李兰? 杰克·李兰先生?
He wanted me to make sure you two got this personally.
他叫我一定要交给你本人
Thank you, son. Yes, sir.
谢谢 孩子 好的 先生
Is that something from him?
他寄来的吗?
Charlie!
查理
As for you, you ought to have your head examined.
至于你 你是不是脑袋短路了
Sending him a letter telling him he’s fired…
寄信给他告诉他被炒鱿鱼了…
with a $25,000 check in it.
里面还放了两万五千元支票
What kind of firing do you call that?
那算那门子的炒鱿鱼
You did send him a check for $25,000, didn’t you?
你真的寄给他两万五千元支票 对不对?
Yes.
没错
I sent him a check for $25,000.
我寄给他一张两万五千元支票
What’s that?
什么东西?
Declaration of Principles.
原则宣言
What? What is it? Hmm?
什么? 是什么东西? 嗯?
An antique. You’re awful funny, aren’t you?
一件古董 你可真是好笑?
I’ll tell you one thing,
但我告诉你
you’re not going to be any funny about and that’s my singing.
你再也不能拿我的歌♥唱当做笑柄
I’m through. I never wanted to do it in the first place.
我玩完了 我一开始就不想要
You’ll continue with your singing, Susan.
妳得继续唱下去 苏珊
I don’t propose to have myself made ridiculous.
妳不要陷我于尴尬的境地
You don’t propose to have yourself made ridiculous!
你不想陷于尴尬的境地
What about me? I’m the one that has to sing.
那我呢? 我是活该唱歌♥的吗?
I’m the one that gets the raspberries. Why don’t you leave me alone?
我是该受嘲弄吗? 你为什么不放过我?
My reasons satisfy me, Susan.
我有自己的理由
You seem unable to understand them.
我自己知道就好
I will not tell them to you again.
我不会再多说
You’ll continue with your singing.
妳要继续唱下去
Get Dr. Corey.
叫柯瑞医生来
Susan.
苏珊
She’ll be perfectly all right in a day or two, Mr. Kane.
她一两天就没事了
I can’t imagine how Mrs. Kane came to make such a foolish mistake.
我不能想像她为何干下如此愚笨的错误
The sedative Dr. Wagner gave her,
医生开给她这瓶镇静剂
was in a somewhat larger bottle.
这是一大瓶
I guess the strain of preparing for the new opera has excited and confused her.
她为新歌♥剧演出而焦虑不已 过度兴奋而困恼
Yes, I’m sure that was it.
是的 当然
No objections to my staying with her, are there?
我在这里多等一会你不反对吧?
No, not at all. I’d like the nurse to be here, too.
一点也不会 就像护士一样
Good night, Mr. Kane.
晚安 肯恩先生
Charlie.
查理
I couldn’t make you see how I felt, Charlie.
希望你能了解我的感受
But I couldn’t go through with the singing again.
我真的再也唱不下去了
You don’t know what it means to know that people are….
你不知道那种感觉….
That the whole audience doesn’t want you.
全部的听众都不要你
That’s when you got to fight them.
所以妳要和他们战斗
All right.
好吧
You won’t have to fight them anymore.
妳再也不用战斗了
It’s their loss.
那是他们的损失
What are you doing?
妳在干嘛?
Jigsaw puzzles?
在拼图吗?
Charlie, what time is it?
查理 现在几点了
11:30. In New York?
十一点半 纽约吗?
Hmm? I said what time is it in New York?
嗯? 我问纽约现在几点?
11:30. Night?
十一点半 晚上吗?
Mm-hm.
嗯哼
The Bulldog’s just gone to press.
报纸上登了斗牛犬的事
Well, hurray for the Bulldog.
为斗牛犬欢呼
Gee, 11:30. Shows are just getting up.
居然十一点半了 正是好玩的时候
People are going to nightclubs and restaurants.
大家都上夜♥总♥会♥或是餐厅
Of course, we’re different because we live in a palace.
但我们与众不同 因为我们住在皇宫里

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!