She didn’t want to at first. But she did it.
起初她不愿意 但还是做了
Charlie, the things he said to me.
查理 他对我说的话
He threatened to… Gettys.
他威胁我… 盖利
I don’t think I will pose doing something about you until I’m elected.
我想我们该将此事延至选后再说
To start with, I think I’ll break your neck.
不然我会扭断你脖子
Maybe you can do it, and maybe you can’t, Mr. Kane.
也许你可以 也许不行
Charles, your breaking this man’s neck would scarcely explain this note:
查理 你扭断他的脖子 也不能解释这张字条
“Serious consequences for Mr. Kane, for yourself and for your son.”
肯恩先生的事态严重 为了妳自己和你们的儿子
He just wanted to get her to come here… What does this note mean?
他自己跑来的… 这是什么意思?
I’m Susan Alexander. I know what you’re thinking, Mrs. Kane…
我叫苏珊·亚历山大 我知道妳的想法 肯恩太太…
What does this note mean, Ms. Alexander?
这张字条是什么意思?
She don’t know, Mrs. Kane.
她不懂 肯恩太太
She sent it because I made her see it wouldn’t be smart for her not to send it.
是我叫她寄的 我也不让她知道其严重性
In case you don’t know, ladies, this gentleman… I’m not a gentleman.
你或许不知道 这位绅士… 我不是什么绅士
Your husband is only trying to be funny calling me one.
你丈夫愿意这样叫我
I don’t even know what a gentleman is.
我根本不知道什么是绅士
You see, my idea of a gentleman…. Heh.
我对绅士的看法是…. 嘿
Well, Mrs. Kane, if I owned a paper,
若是我有一家报
and didn’t like the way somebody was doing things…
我看不惯某些政客的行径…
some politician say, I’d fight him with everything I had.
我会全力的予以回击
Only I wouldn’t show him in a convict suit…
但我绝不会让孩子们看见…
so his children could see his picture in the paper or his mother.
自己的母亲穿着囚衣登在报纸上
You’re a cheap, crooked grafter… We’re talking now about what you are.
你真下流… 我们就是在说你
Mrs. Kane, I’m fighting for my life,
我在为我的生涯奋斗
not just my political life, my life.
不只是我的政♥治♥生涯而已
Charlie, he said unless you… That’s what I said.
查理 他说除非你… 我正是此意
Here’s the chance I’m willing to give him.
我会给他一个机会
It’s more of a chance than he’d give me.
比他给我的机会还多
Unless Mr. Kane makes up his mind by tomorrow
肯恩太太 让他下定决心
that he’s so sick he has to go away for a year or two…
说他病重 必须休养一两年…
Monday morning, every paper in the state, except his,
星期一一大早 除了他的报社
will carry the story I’m gonna give ’em.
会刊登我给他们的消息
What story?
什么消息?
The story about him and Ms. Alexander, Mrs. Kane.
他和亚历山大小姐的绯闻
There isn’t any story!
没有什么绯闻
Shut up.
住口
Mr. Kane… We’ve got evidence that would look bad in the headlines.
肯恩… 我有充分的证据
Do you want me to give you the evidence, Mr. Kane?
你要我拿出证据吗? 肯恩
I’d rather Mr. Kane withdrew without having the story published.
就算他不同意 我也要登出来
Not that I care about him, but I’d be better off that way. Well, what about…
我才不理他 我最好… 那怎么…
So would you, Mrs. Kane.
妳也一样 肯恩太太
What about me?
我怎么办
Charlie, he said my name would be dragged through the mud.
查理 他说我的名字也会扯出来
That everywhere I went…
现在起无论我去那里…
There seems to be only one decision you can make, Charles.
似乎你已别无选择的余地
I’d say that it’d been made for you.
一切已成定局
You can’t tell me the voters of this state…
别说竞选的事…
I’m not interested in the voters of this state right now.
我现在对竞选毫无兴趣
I am interested in our son.
我只想着我们的儿子
Charlie, if they publish this story… They won’t.
他们会登出我们的事… 不会的
Good night, Mr. Gettys.
晚安 盖利先生
Are you coming, Charles?
你要一起走吗? 查理
No.
不要
I’m staying here.
我留在这里
I can fight this all alone. Charles.
我可以一个人应付 查理
If you don’t listen to reason, it may be too late.
你再不理智一点就太迟了
Too late?
太迟了吗?
For what?
为什么
For you and this public thief…
就为了妳和这个老贼…
to take the love of the people of the state away from me?
想从我身边把爱我的人抢走吗?
Charlie. You got other things to think about. Your little boy.
查理 你得顾虑你的小孩
You don’t want him to read about you in the papers.
不能让他在报上看到你的新闻
There’s only one person in the world to decide what I’m going to do.
世界上只有一个人能决定我的事
And that’s me.
就是我自己
You decided what you were going to do, Charles, some time ago.
你曾决定你的事 早就是如此了
You’re making a bigger fool of yourself than I thought you were, Mr. Kane.
你是在跟自己过不去
I’ve got nothing to talk to you about. You’re licked, why don’t you…
我们没什么好谈的 你为何不…
Get out. If you want to see me, have the warden write me a letter.
滚出去 若是你想宣战 下封战书来吧
If it was anybody else, I’d say,
有人说
what’s going to happen to you would be a lesson to you.
每一次经历都是一次教训
Only you’re going to need more than one lesson.
但你受一次教训还不够
And you’ll get more than one lesson.
你还会受更多教训
Don’t worry about me, Gettys.
别替我担心 盖利
Don’t worry about me!
别管我的事
I’m Charles Foster Kane!
我是查理·佛斯特肯恩
I’m no cheap, crooked politician trying to save himself…
我不是下流卑劣的政客…
from the consequences of his crimes!
不会用卑鄙的手段来求生存
Gettys! I’m gonna send you to Sing Sing.
盖利 我会向你宣战
Sing Sing, Gettys. Sing Sing!
宣战 盖利 宣战
Have you a car, Mrs. Kane? Yes, thank you.
妳的车吗? 夫人 是的 谢谢
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Paper. Read all about it. Extra, extra.
号♥外 号♥外
Paper? No, thanks.
买♥♥报纸吗? 不用 谢了
With a million majority already against him…
大多数人已经不支持他了…
and the church counties still to be heard from…
邱池郡选区还不知道开票结果…
I’m afraid we got no choice.
我们恐怕别无选择
This one?
这一张?
That one.
好吧
Good night again.
走吧
Is there anything I can…? No, thanks, Mr. Bernstein.
有没有什么事…? 不用 谢谢你 柏恩斯汀
You better go home and get some sleep.
回家睡个觉吧
You too.
你也一样
Uh-huh.
嗯哼
Good night, Mr. Kane.
晚安 肯恩先生
Hello, Jedediah. I’m drunk.
你去那里了 我喝醉了
Well, if you’ve…
哦 如果你…
If you’ve got drunk to talk to me about…
我不怪你 我也醉了…
Ms. Alexander, don’t bother.
若想和我谈亚历山大 就不必了
I’m not interested.
我没兴趣
I’ve set back the sacred cause of reform, is that it?
我拒绝这种揭人隐私的事 了不起吧?
All right.
好吧
If that’s the way they want it, the people have made their choice.
既然人们要这样选择
It’s obvious the people prefer Jim Gettys to me.
显然他们比较喜欢盖利
You talk about the people as though you owned them.
你就会谈人们 好像他们是你的
As though they belong to you. Goodness.
以为他们都属于你 老天
As long as I can remember,
我还记得你说过
you’ve talked about giving the people their rights…
赋予人们他们的权利…
as if you could make them a present of liberty…
好像你可以给他们自♥由♥当礼物…
as a reward for services rendered.
就如你一手造成的战争
Jed. You remember the workingman?
杰克 记得工人吗?
I’ll get drunk, too, Jedediah…
我也要大醉一场 杰克…
if it’ll do any good.
没用吗?
It won’t do any good. Besides you never get drunk.
当然没用 而且你从来没醉过
You used to write an awful lot about the workingman…
你写了一大堆有关工人的事…
Go on home.
回家去
He’s turning into something called “organized labor.”
然后搞什么劳动组织
You won’t like that one little bit when you find out…
你一定不会想知道…
it means your workingman expects something as his right,
其实这些工人们要的是权利
and not your gift. Charlie.
而不是你的礼物 查理
When your precious underprivileged really get together….
当你的低下市民不再支持你….
Oh, boy….
天哪….
That’ll add up to something bigger than your privilege…
居然还有比你的尊贵更伟大的事…
then I don’t know what you’ll do.
我不知道你在搞什么
Sail away to a desert island probably and lord it over the monkeys.
航行到荒岛上去 统治一群猴子
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, Jed.
我倒不会想那么多
There’ll probably be a few of them there,
或许我有所不该
to tell me when I do something wrong.
若我做错了 请告诉我
You may not always be so lucky.
夜路走多总会碰上鬼
You’re not very drunk.
你真的醉了
Drunk, what do you care?
醉了 你关心吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!