You don’t expect me to keep any of those promises, do you?
你总不会真的叫我遵守诺言吧?
No!
不会
And now, gentlemen!
现在 各位
Your complete attention, if you please.
大家注意
Are we going to declare war on Spain, or are we not?
我们是不是该向西班牙宣战吧
Oh, mama, here they come. Shoot me while I’m happy.
天啦 她们来了 开心死我了
I said…
我刚才说…
“Are we going to declare war on Spain, or are we not?”
我们是不是该向西班牙宣战?
The Inquirer already has.
询问报已经宣战了
You long-faced, overdressed anarchist.
你这个衣装华丽的苦瓜脸
I’m not overdressed.
我的衣饰并不过份
You are, too. Mr. Bernstein, look at his necktie.
你当然有 柏先生 你看他的领带
Let’s have the song about Charlie. Mr. Kane.
让我们为查理欢唱一曲 肯恩先生
Is there a song about Charlie? Is there a song about you, Mr. Kane?
有没有歌♥颂查理的曲子? 有没有歌♥颂你的曲子?
You buy a bag of peanuts in this town, you get a song written about you.
你在这附近买♥♥一袋花生 就附赠一首属于你的歌♥曲
I’ve seen that fellow. He’s good.
我见过那个人 很不错
Good evening, Mr. Kane.
晚安 肯恩先生
There is a man There is a man
有个男人 有个男人
A certain man A certain man
是个人物 是个人物
“And for the poor you may be sure that he’ll do all he can
你问大家都知道 他无所不能
Who is this one? Who is this one?
他是谁? 他是谁?
This favorite son This favorite son
这个家伙 这个家伙
“Just by his action has the traction magnates on the run
他的行动大胆 大亨们赶快逃命
Who loves to smoke Who loves to smoke
他爱吸烟 他爱吸烟
Enjoys a joke Hahaha
爱开玩笑 哈哈哈
“Who wouldn’t get a bit upset if he were really broke
爱他的人 有一大票 却一点也不生他的气
With wealth and fame With wealth and fame
虽有财富 名誉 虽有财富 名誉
He’s still the same
他却依然故我
“I’ll bet you $5 you’re not alive if you don’t know his name
我保证你一定不知道他的大名
What is his name? What is his name?
他叫什么? 他叫什么?
“It’s Charlie Kane, it’s Mister Kane!
他是查理·肯恩 查理肯恩
“He doesn’t like that Mister He likes good old Charlie Kane”
他就喜欢大家叫他查理肯
Isn’t it wonderful? Such a party. Yes.
很棒吧 真是热闹 是的
What’s the matter?
你怎么了?
“Who says a miss was made to kiss
谁说女子生来是给人亲吻的
“And when he meets one always tries to do exactly this
碰上一个他就想亲吻
“Who buys the food, who buys the drinks
谁买♥♥的食物 谁买♥♥的酒
“Who thinks that dough was made to spend and acts the way he thinks
谁可以随心所欲
“Now is it, Joe, no, no, no”
有个笑话
Bernstein, these men who are now with the Inquirer…
柏恩斯汀 这些人在昨天还在记事报…
who were with the Chronicle until yesterday…
现在来询问报…
Oh, mama, please.
噢 天哪 拜托
Give me that. What? The blonde?
给我那个 什么? 金发美女?
No, the brunette. Where did you learn that, Charlie? Bernstein.
不 是黑美女 你从哪里学的 查理? 柏恩斯汀
Bernstein, these men who were with the Chronicle…
柏恩斯汀 这些人过去都是在记事报…
weren’t they just as devoted to the Chronicle policy…
他们会遵循记事报的政策…
as they are now to our policies?
或是支持我们的政策
Sure, they’re just like anybody else.
他们就跟平常人没两样
They got work to do, they do it.
有工作就去做
Only they happen to be the best men in the business.
只是他们是这一行的精英
Do we stand for the same things the Chronicle stands for, Bernstein?
我们要和记事报办的一样吗?
Certainly not.
当然不会
Listen, Mr. Kane, he’ll have them changed,
肯恩可以一星期之内
to his kind of newspapermen in a week.
把他们变成属于自己的人
There’s always a chance, of course, that they’ll change Mr. Kane.
也有别种可能性 他们会改变肯恩
Without his knowing it.
而他自己却不知道
Mr. Leland, I got a cable from Mr. Kane!
李兰先生 这里有张肯先生的电报
Mr. Leland…
李先…
Mr. Leland…
李兰先生…
Mr. Leland, I got a cable from Mr. Kane! What?
我有张肯先生来的电报 什么?
From Paris, France. What?
从法国巴黎来的 什么?
From Paris, France. Come on in.
你看巴黎 法国 进来
Who by his action Has the traction magnates on the run Mr. Leland,
光是他的行动就让巨头们奔逃 李兰先生
It’s a good thing he promised not to send back any more statues.
他答应不会再寄这些东西回来 这些雕像
Bernstein, Bernstein.
柏恩斯汀 柏恩斯汀
Look, he wants to buy the world’s biggest diamond.
你看 他想买♥♥下世界最大的钻石
Mr. Leland,
李兰先生
Why didn’t you go to Europe with him? He wanted you to.
你为什么不和他一起去欧洲 他想叫你过去
I wanted Charlie to have fun, with me along….
查理和我在一起很没趣….
Bernstein, am I a stuffed shirt?
柏恩斯汀 我自命不凡吗?
Am I a horse-faced hypocrite?
我是马不知脸长还是伪君子?
Am I a New England schoolmarm?
我是个阔子第吗?
Yes.
是的
If you thought I’d answer you
若是你想叫我的答案
different from what Mr. Kane tells you, I wouldn’t. All right, all right.
和他不同 我是不会那样做的 好吧
“World’s biggest diamond.”
世上最大的钻石
I didn’t know Charlie was collecting diamonds.
我不知道他在收集钻石
He ain’t.
没错
He’s collecting somebody that’s collecting diamonds.
他在收集那些会收集钻石的人
Anyway, he ain’t only collecting statues.
无论如何 他不会光收集雕像
“Welcome home, Mr. Kane…
欢迎回家 肯恩先生…
from 467 employees of the New York Inquirer.”
询问报四百六十七位员工敬上
Here he comes!
他来了
Welcome, Mr. Kane.
欢迎 肯恩先生
I know I’ve a mustache. It looks awful.
我不知道你们办了聚会 看起来很糟糕
I know, I know, but have you got a society…
我知道知道 可你们有没有社…
Have we got a society editor?
我们有社交版编辑了吗?
Right here, Mr. Kane. Miss Townsend is the society editor.
在这里 肯恩先生 汤生小姐就是社交版编辑
Miss Townsend, this is Mr. Charles Foster Kane.
汤生小姐 这位就是肯恩先生
Uh, Miss Townsend, I’ve been away so long.
汤生 我 我离开太久
I don’t know your routine.
不明白妳的手续
I got a little social announcement.
我还有一点交际的通告要发
I wish you wouldn’t treat this any differently than you would any other…
希望妳照章行事…
social announcement. Oh, Mr. Kane,
只是一点交际 哦 肯恩先生
Mr. Kane, on behalf of all the employees of the Inquirer…
肯恩先生 我代表询问报的全体员工…
Mr. Bernstein, thank you very much, everybody, I….
柏恩斯汀先生 谢谢你们 谢谢大家 我…
I’m sorry, I…
对不起 我…
I can’t accept it now.
我不能现在接受
Goodbye.
再见
Say, he was in an awful hurry.
他可真急啊
Hey, everybody, look out here.
大家来看
Let’s go to the window. Thomas…
去窗口那里 托马斯…
Mr. Leland! Mr. Bernstein! Yes, Ms. Townsend?
李兰先生 柏恩斯汀先生 有什么事吗?
This announcement: “Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Monroe Norton…
这个通告 诺顿夫妇…
announce the engagement of their daughter, Emily Monroe Norton…
宣布他们的女儿艾蜜莉·诺顿和查理·肯恩…
to Mr. Charles Foster Kane.” Huh?
将举♥行♥订婚典礼 是吗?
Come on.
来吧
Emily Monroe Norton, she’s the niece of the President of the United States.
艾蜜莉·梦露·诺顿 她是美国总统的侄女
President’s niece?
总统的侄女
Before he’s through, she’ll be a president’s wife.
她迟早会成为总统夫人
The way things turned out, I don’t need to tell you.
事情以后的发展 我就不必说了
Miss Emily Norton was no rosebud.
艾蜜莉·诺顿不会是玫瑰花蕾
It didn’t end very well, did it?
结果不是很好吧
It ended.
是结束了
Then there was Susie. That ended too.
是为了苏珊 她后来也结束了
You know, Mr. Thompson, I was thinking…
你知道吗? 汤生先生 我在想…
this Rosebud you’re trying to find out about….
你在寻找的这个玫瑰花蕾….
Yes?
是什么?
Maybe that was something he lost.
或许是他失去的某样东西
Mr. Kane was a man who lost almost everything he had.
他似乎失去了所有的一切
You ought to see Jed Leland.
你该去见见杰克·李兰
Of course, he and Mr. Kane didn’t exactly see eye to eye.
当然他和肯恩先生 在对西班牙战争的事情上
You take the Spanish-American war.
有点意见不合
I guess Mr. Leland was right. That was Mr. Kane’s war.
我想李兰是对的
We didn’t really have anything to fight about.
我们根本没什么好打的
But do you think if it hadn’t been for that war of Mr. Kane’s…
但若是没有肯恩发动这场战争…
we’d have the Panama Canal?
美国会得到巴拿马运河吗?
I wish I knew where Mr. Leland was.
但愿我知道李兰现在身在何处
A lot of the time now they don’t tell me these things.
事隔很久了 没人告诉我
Maybe even he’s dead.
或许他不想再谈

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!