Yes and no. That isn’t worth $1,000.
可以这么说 这样不值一千块钱
You can keep on asking questions if you want to.
你还可以继续问些别的
We’re leaving tonight…
我们今晚就走…
as soon as we’re through taking pictures.
拍完照片就离开
Allow yourself plenty of time.
你不必急 慢慢来
The train stops at the junction on signal, but they don’t like to wait. Not now.
火车六点才离开 但他们却不等人 现在不等
I can remember when they’d wait all day…
记得有一次他们等了一整天…
if Mr. Kane said so.
因为肯恩先生的命令
Better get going.
该走了
Take a picture of that.
拍一张那个
Can we come down? Yes, hurry up. We’re leaving.
我们可以下来了吗? 可以 快点 我们在等
Okay. We are coming on.
好了 我们来了
How much do you think this is all worth, Mr. Thompson?
你认为这里值多少钱
Millions.
几百万吗?
If anybody wants it.
有人要吗?
Well, at least he brought all this stuff to America.
那个美国人这么有钱
What’s that? Another Venus. $25,000.
那是什么? 另一个维纳斯雕像 两万五千元
A lot of money to pay for a dame without a head.
付这么多钱买♥♥个没头的女人
The banks are out of luck? Oh, I don’t know.
银行说我们破产了? 我不知道
They’ll clear all right. He never threw anything away.
反正都要清理的 他从来不丢掉任何东西
“Welcome home, Mr. Kane,
欢迎回来 肯恩先生
from 467 employees of the New York Inquirer.”
纽约询问报四百六十七员工敬上
“One stove from the estate of Mary Kane,
一个炉子
Little Salem, Colorado. Value: $2.”
从科罗拉多的小镇来的 价值两块钱
We’re supposed to get everything, junk as well as art.
我们全部都拍 垃圾和艺术品
He sure liked to collect things.
他可真爱搜集东西
Anything and everything.
任何东西
A regular crow, eh?
像支乌鸦一样?
Hey, look, a jigsaw puzzle. We got a lot of those.
你看 拼图盘 我们拍了一大堆这种东西
A Burmese temple and three Spanish ceilings down the hall.
大厅里还有缅♥甸♥寺庙和三个西班牙天花板
Yeah. Oh, I’m fraid.
都还在板条箱子里
Part of a Scotch castle over there…
还有一些苏格兰古堡…
we haven’t unwrapped that yet.
但我们还懒得拆开
I wander, you put all this stuff together:
我在想 把这一切都放在一起
The palaces and the paintings, and the toys and everything.
宫殿 名画 玩具和其他的
What would it spell?
会拼成什么字?
Charles Foster Kane? Or Rosebud.
查理·佛斯特肯恩吗? 或是玫瑰花蕾
How about it, Jerry?
杰瑞 怎么样?
What’s Rosebud?
什么是玫瑰花蕾?
That’s what he said when he died.
他临死前说的字
Did you ever find out what it means?
你们大家有何收获吗?
No, I didn’t. What did you find out about him, Jerry?
没有 你有什么发现? 杰瑞
Not much, really.
说真的 没有
We’d better get started.
准备走了
What have you been doing all this time?
你到底在忙些什么?
Playing with a jigsaw puzzle.
玩拼图
If you could find out what Rosebud meant,
若是你们找到谁是玫瑰花蕾
I bet it would’ve explained everything.
他一定会将一切解释清楚了
No, I don’t think so.
我不认为如此
No.
不对
He was a man who got everything he wanted, and then lost it.
肯恩曾经得到一切然后又失去
Maybe Rosebud was something he couldn’t get,
或许玫瑰花蕾是一件他得不到的
or something he lost.
或是失去的东西
Anyway, it wouldn’t have explained anything.
总之也是无法解释
I don’t think any word can explain a man’s life.
我不认为任何的文字能解释一个人的一生
No. I guess Rosebud is just a piece in a jigsaw puzzle.
现在我觉得玫瑰花蕾像是拼图板上的一块
A missing piece.
遗失的一块
Well.
好吧
Come on, everybody…
大家走吧…
we’ll miss the train.
我们不能错过火车
Throw that junk in.
把那个垃圾扔掉
Maybe I was what you nowadays call a stooge.
也许我就是你们如今称为”小丑配角”的人
Everything was his idea…
每件事都是他的主意
except my leaving him.
除了我离开他这件事
I’ve got his trunk all packed.
我已经把他的箱子全收拾好了
I’ve had it packed for a week now.
我把它收拾好有一个礼拜了
Sometimes I think I’d prefer a rival of flesh and blood.
有时候我觉得宁愿跟一个有血有肉的人竞争
Only you’re going to need more than one lesson.
只是你需要不止一次教训
And you’ll get more than one lesson.
你也会得到不止一次教训
Who’s a busy man, me?
谁是忙碌的人 我?
I’m chairman of the board. I got nothing but time.
我是董事会主席 除了时间我什么也没有
What do you want to know?
你想知道些什么?
Well, Mr. Bernstein, we thought maybe….
伯恩斯丁先生 我们认为也许…
If we could find out what he meant by his last words as he was dying….
如果我们能查出他临终遗言的意思…
Sentimental fellow, aren’t you?
情感丰富的人 你不是吗?
Yes and no.
是又不是
“I think it would be fun to run a newspaper.”
“我认为经营一家报社会很有趣”
“I think it would be fun to run a newspaper.”
“我认为经营一家报社会很有趣”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!