He has been away for a very long time.
他离开了一段很长的时间
Perhaps we can persuade him to stay with us even longer.
或许可以劝他多留一会
Perhaps, Octavia,
有可能 屋大维雅
if you came to Brindisium, you could help.
如果你来布林迪森 你会有帮助的
You may have forgotten. It is only six months since.
你可能忘记了 还未到六个月
Begging the pardon of Agrippa and our ancestors.
请亚格里巴和祖先饶恕你
I do not agree that a young widow must retire from life.
我不同意年轻寡妇该放弃生活
You haven’t left my house since your husband died.
丈夫过世后 你从未离开过我家
If only for the sake of your health, the change alone.
若只是为着健康 这改变就
Then, begging the pardon of Lord Agrippa and our ancestors.
那么 请亚里格巴和祖先饶恕
I would look forward very much to the change.
我期待这个改变
Nothing, no one, could possibly shine more brightly in the sun.
没人像她那样明艳动人
Not only Antony.
不只安东尼
Any man would not hold out his greedy fists for Octavia.
每个人都想染指屋大维雅
After all, what greater pledge could I offer
这个人♥质♥足够
of my goodwill toward him?
表达诚意了吧
And how could Antony better show his love of peace and Rome.
为了和平 他不得
than by accepting?
不接受吗
And Cleopatra?
克里奥帕特拉呢
Are you suggesting we invite her to the wedding?
你建议请她参加婚礼吗
You remember when Julius Caesar returned
记得她在罗马时
and those months while she was in Rome?
朱利斯·凯撒的下场吗
There was a poison in his heart, in his brain.
他的心中 脑里都有毒
Yes, the falling sickness. But more than that.
我知道他有癫痫症
Cleopatra.
克里奥帕特拉
I remember well.
我记得很清楚
Antony is no Caesar. I am grateful for that.
安东尼不是凯撒 这点我很感激
Granted that he marries Octavia,
就算他与屋大维雅成婚
will he forget Cleopatra?
他会忘了克里奥帕特拉吗
Will she permit him to forget? Most probably not.
她又会允许他忘记吗 不大可能会
Have I permission to speak? Quickly.
我能说话吗 快告诉我
A galley came to Pelusium with news from Rome.
布林迪森传来罗马的消息
Antony and Octavian have sealed a great pact.
安东尼与屋大维达成重大协议
Antony has 10 more legions and all of the East for his domain.
安东尼多掌握十队军队和整个东方
Egypt will be declared ally of Rome.
将宣布罗马与埃及结盟
It is done.
成功了
There is more. No. No more, my lord.
还有其他消息 不 没有了 阁下
He’s afraid. Is there anything more?
他害怕 还有其他消息吗
Forgive me, Divine Majesty. There has been a marriage.
陛下 请恕罪 有一场婚事
A marriage of state.
一场政♥治♥婚姻
Between Octavia, the sister of Caesar
屋大维雅 屋大维·凯撒之妹
and Lord Antony.
与安东尼结婚
Anything more?
还有其他事吗
They’re presently in Athens.
他们目前在雅典
Sometime within the year, Lady Octavia is to return to Rome.
一年内 屋大维雅会回罗马
Antony will come here to negotiate the alliance of Rome and Egypt.
安东尼会来签署结盟条约
Leave me.
退下
No.

Completely alone.
全部退下
Antony!
安东尼
Do you find it pleasing, my lord?
你喜欢这个水钟吗
Oh, yes. Very.
是的 非常喜欢
It was made here in Athens.
雅典制♥造♥的
Not as practical as our Roman ones, of course.
没有罗马的实用
The Greeks have such a weakness for beauty.
凡事求美是希腊人要命的缺点
Does the dinner not please you, my lord?
晚餐不合你心意吗
Very much. I’m not particularly hungry.
不是 只是我不饿
If anything would please you more.
什么事能让你较开心呢
Believe me, I am pleased.
我已经很开心了
The gods know you do nothing but please me
你已经尽力
in every way.
讨我欢心
Word from Domitius?
多米提斯有消息吗
He never even reached the palace.
他被挡在城门外
He was not permitted through the city gate.
不能进入皇宫
If I may be excused.
恕我失陪
There’s no need for you to go.
你不必回避
When I hear matters of state discussed by men
每次听到男人讨论国事
invariably I find myself wondering about
总是担心着
why the wine has gone sour.
酒怎么会变酸
Good night, Rufio.
晚安 鲁非欧
Good night, my lord.
晚安 阁下
Domitius turned away at the gate.
多米提斯被拒于城外
That makes how many?
第几个了
Five of your ambassadors turned away within this year.
今年第五个使者被拒
It was the only favor I ever asked.
若你照我的意思前往
You granted it.
你答应过我的请求
The treaty with Egypt must be made.
与埃及的协约要尽快签订
We’ve received no wheat, no gold.
很久没有黄金和粮食运来了
I cannot go to her to negotiate a treaty!
我不能前去与她谈判
She’ll have no one else.
她只肯跟你谈
And what if she should
若连我
turn me away?
也被拒呢
That would be quite impossible.
不可能吧
Have you ever really left her?
你对她真的没有感情了吗
No.

Three days I’ve waited for an audience with you.
我已经等了三天 要跟你单独谈谈
What is the purpose?
谈什么
Get out, all of you.
全部出去 我要跟殿下私下谈
You’re before the throne of Egypt.
你站的地方是埃及圣殿
I know!
我知道
State your purpose!
那么请说出你的目的
Matters I won’t discuss publicly.
我不想公开讨论
I do not grant private audiences to unidentified persons.
我不与不明人士私下谈判
I am Marcus Antonius.
我是马克·安东尼
I know who you are. What are you, at the moment?
我知道你是谁 但你现在的身份是什么
Envoy of Rome, proconsul of all the Roman Empire
罗马帝国统治者之一兼大使
to the east of Italy.
主掌意大利以东的领土
An impressive title.
好吓人的头衔
Worthy, perhaps, of a private audience?
值得私下会谈了吗
Without a treaty of alliance with Egypt,
但若不与埃及签订条约
you could not hold the territories under your command. True?
你无法统治你的领土吧
Possibly.
可能
Then, Lord Antony, you come before me as a suppliant.
安东尼阁下 那么你是来求我的
If you choose to regard me as such.
你要是这么想 我也没办法
You will therefore assume the position of a suppliant before this throne.
哀求者该有哀求者的姿态
You will kneel.
跪下
I will what? On your knees.
什么 下跪
You dare ask the proconsul of the Roman Empire.
你竟敢要罗马帝国三巨头之一
I asked it of Julius Caesar.
我也要求过朱利斯·凯撒
I demand it of you!
我命令你
Now,
现在
you may have the treaty you asked for
可以跟你签订条约
on the following conditions.
只要遵照以下条件
By your authority as proconsul of Rome,
以罗马三巨头之一的身份
you will cede to Egypt immediately the following territories,
把犹太 约旦 阿美尼亚
Judea, Jordan, Armenia, Phoenicia, the provinces of Sinai and Arabia,
腓尼基 西奈 阿♥拉♥伯 塞浦路斯
the islands of Cyprus and Crete.
与克里特群岛割让给埃及
You ask for one-third of the Roman Empire!
你要求的是三分之一的罗马帝国
Put it another way.
换句话说
I give to you two-thirds.
我给了你三份之二
Most generous.
真慷慨
I cannot accept.
我不能接受
I suggest you deliberate further.
我建议你再考虑一下
Perhaps consult with your superior in Rome.
或许跟罗马的上级商量商量
My superior?
上级
Octavian.
屋大维
Caesar Octavian?
凯撒·屋大维
You have not been dismissed!
还未叫你退下
You are now dismissed.
现在可以退下了
Outside, all of you. Her Majesty and I will speak in private.
全部出去 我要跟陛下密谈

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!