That will not be needed.
我不需要那个
It wasn’t necessary for me to betray myself.
我不需要隐瞒
I could have called out for Flavius.
本来我可以叫弗拉维乌斯
How many new spy-holes have you dug in the walls?
你在墙上开了多少个洞窥看
Are we being watched even now?
现在我们也被偷♥窥♥
If you see Flavius, you might send him to me.
看到弗拉维乌斯 叫他进来
Still trying to dismiss me?
还想打发我走吗
What is it you want?
你到底还想要什么
To be of help to you.
只想帮你
There never has been help. There never will be.
从来都不会有任何帮助
Now there is.
现在有了
One day, it’ll happen where I cannot hide.
有一天 我再也躲不了
Where the world will see me fall.
在世人面前
I shall tumble down before the mob,
当众倒下
and foam at the mouth and make them laugh.
口吐白沫 受人讪笑
And they’ll tear me to pieces.
被暴民撕成碎片
The gods themselves had your sickness.
神也免不了这种疾病
Hannibal, even the great Alexander.
汉尼拔 甚至亚历山大帝
And in the end, they fell.
最终还是倒下
Were torn to pieces by the mob.
被暴民撕成碎片
Not you.
你不会
I will see to that.
我会医好你的
In the name of the Senate and the people of Rome
我以罗马元老院和人♥民♥之名
and by their will.
并依他们的意愿
Isis herself would surrender her place
伊西斯女神宁可放弃她的地位
in heaven to be as beautiful as you.
换取你的美貌
You’re not supposed to look at me. No one is.
你不该看我 任何人都不准
If they aren’t looking, how do they know I am?
他们不看 就不知道我看你
You should be kneeling.
你该跪下
Would that do before all these visiting kings?
对着这么多到来探访的国王
Making believe they’re not watching us?
装作他们都看不见我们吗
You have such bony knees.
你的膝盖全是骨头
Not only bony, but unaccustomed to this sort of thing.
不是骨头 也不惯做这种事
If we’re to get an early start in the morning.
如果我们明天一早出发
What will it be tomorrow?
明天有什么事
More wheat?
更多小麦
What I’ve seen could feed more legions than Rome ever had.
我见到的己比全罗马还要多
There’s enough to feed the world.
足以喂饱全世界
More gold then.
黄金更多
Why not buy the world? Surely you have enough.
何不将全世界买♥♥下 相信你有足够的财力
At least enough to pay more legions than even Rome has ever had.
至少能比罗马养更多军队
More granite, more marble,
更多花岗岩 大理石
more millions of slaves to build whatever needs building.
奴隶爱建什么便建什么
Better routes to India, shorter routes to the East.
通印度的新路 往东方的捷径
What can there be in Egypt that I haven’t seen?
埃及无所不有
Egypt itself. The reason for Egypt.
埃及正因此而成为埃及
My responsibility is Rome.
我的责任在罗马
Alexander understood it
亚历山大明白
that from Egypt he could rule the world.
可以由埃及统治全世界
He was very young. And you, even younger.
他很年轻 你更年轻
At your age, such dreams have a reality which grows less in time.
这个年纪的梦会随时间淡去
Caesar no longer dreams?
凯撒不再做梦了吗
Dangerous to a man of my calling.
对我的知份来说很危险
Necessary, I would have thought.
我认为有必要
I can’t stay away from Rome too long. There are problems.
我不能离开罗马太久 那会有问题
Messages from Marc Antony endlessly demanding my return.
马克·安东尼一直催我回去
And on my way back, wars to be fought in the east and north.
回程中 东北两面还有战争
Even in Rome itself I’m not without opposition.
即使在罗马 也有人作对
Do to them what you did to Achillas.
用对付亚其勒斯的方法应付
This is opposition of a different sort.
性质不同
They weave it cleverly, lightly, like a cobweb.
像蜘蛛网般精巧
You know what happens when cobwebs are not regularly swept away.
蜘蛛网要经常清理
Do you trust this Marc Antony?
你信任马克·安东尼吗
If anyone in the world, I trust Antony.
世上我只有安东尼一个可以信任
Let him brush away the cobwebs for you and stay with me.
让他扫蜘蛛网 你留在我身边
You’ve been declared dictator for a year.
你宣布了独♥裁♥一年
You can do what you want with your time.
在这段时间内可以任意行事
Everything, but make it stand still.
除了继续独♥裁♥ 其他什么都可以
If when you return to Rome,
回罗马途中
these wars that have to be fought on the way, are they important?
要打的仗很重要吗
Well, there’s no such thing as an unimportant war.
没有一场战争是不重要的
I’ve been reading in your commentaries about your campaigns in Gaul.
我读过你对高卢战役的评论
How does my writing compare with Catullus?
我的文笔像不像卡图卢斯
Well, it’s different.
这个嘛 不一样的东西
Dull.
乏味
Perhaps a little too much description.
或许描绘得太仔细了
You’re being tactful. Some of my critics, Brutus, for one,
你的话很圆滑 我的评论员布鲁特斯说
tell me my Latin is not only ungrammatical, but common.
我的拉丁文造诣很差
You spared his life more than once.
你放过他不只一次
People say, it’s because Brutus is your son.
听说 布鲁特斯是你儿子
Is that true?
真的吗
I have no son.
我没有儿子
Calpurnia, your third wife. Fourth.
卡普妮雅 你的第三任妻子 第四任
Married to you how long? 12 years?
结婚多久了 十二年吗
And still, Caesar has no son, no child at all.
而凯撒仍没有继承人
It is well-known that Calpurnia is barren.
大家都知道卡普妮雅不孕
A woman who cannot bear children
不孕的女人
is like a river that is dry.
如同干涸的河流
I see no purpose in discussing the subject further.
讨论这话题没有意义
A woman, too, must make the barren land fruitful.
女人负有使枯木结果的责任
She must make life grow where there was no life.
使荒地生气蓬勃
Just as the Mother Nile feeds and replenishes the earth.
就像尼罗河滋养大地
I am the Nile.
我就是尼罗河
I will bear many sons.
我将会有众多子孙
Isis has told me.
伊西斯女神告诉我的
My breasts are filled with love and life.
我的乳♥房♥♥精于孕育爱与生命
My hips are rounded and well apart.
双♥臀♥曲线分明而浑♥圆♥
Such women, they say
据说这种女人
have sons.
擅于生儿育女
That first time when you stood here alone,
当你第一次独自站在这里时
why did you cry? Will you tell me now?
为什么流泪 告诉我
Because I had lost something.
因为我失去了某些东西
What? A lifetime.
是什么 我一生的
Mine. Nonsense.
时间 胡说
Having conquered the world, he died at 32.
为征服世界 他死时仅三十二岁
I am 52.
我已经五十二岁
My remaining ambition is to keep the world from conquering me.
我余下的责任是不让人征服
Your ambitions must always have been his.
你的野心就是他的
They still must be.
一向如此
Shall I tell you something? When I was 32 in Spain,
三十二岁时 在西班牙
I came upon a statue of Alexander.
我见到他的雕像
I wept then too.
我也落泪
Even then.
即使是当时
I want you to have his sword to take back with you.
我希望你将他的剑带回去
Too deeply embedded. It can be removed.
埋得太深了 挖得出来
It’s buried in time.
埋藏得太久了
And Alexander’s mantle?
亚历山大的衣钵吗
Too heavy for Caesar.
对凯撒来说太沉重了
His dream then.
他的梦想
Make his dream yours, Caesar.
凯撒 继承他的梦想
His grand design.
他伟大的计划
Pick it up where he left off.
继续完成它
Out of the patchwork of conquests,
完成他的征服大业
one world.
统一全世界
And out of one world,
世界上只有一个国家
one nation.
一个民族
One people on earth living in peace.
和平的过生活
So you have told me at last what it is you want of me.
你终于说出对我的期望
Of us!
亦是我们所想的
At the center, the capital of this world, one people, one nation.
这个单一民族 全世界的首都是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!