Alexandria?
亚历山大
He chose it. I am Roman.
它是被拣选的 但我是罗马人
He was Greek! What will it matter
他是希腊人 这无关紧要
when we’re all one people?
既然我们是同一民族
I am 52. He was 32 and failed.
我五十二岁了 他三十二岁时失败
We will succeed.
我们会成功
Your dreams, your ambitions.
你的梦想 你的野心
One lifetime is not enough for such dreams, such ambitions.
一辈子不足以实现这个梦想和野心
The cloak of Alexander cannot be too heavy
亚历山大的衣钵
for Rome and Egypt to carry together.
埃及与罗马合力就不会太沉重
And what if his sword is too deeply embedded?
若他的剑埋得太深呢
Yours will replace it, Caesar.
你的剑可以取代它 凯撒
You have a way of mixing politics and passion.
你将政♥治♥与热情混淆了
Where does one begin and the other leave off?
不知何时开始如何终结
That did not start, nor will it end with me.
对我没有开始 也没有终结
Cleopatra, whatever it is, however it comes out,
克里奥帕特拉 不管命运如何
leave me my destiny.
总是我自己的命运
Your destiny is no longer just yours.
你的命运不再只是你的
It’s mine too.
它也是我的
Soon, there will be someone to carry both the cloak of Alexander,
很快就会有人不但继承亚历山大的农钵
and the sword of Caesar,
也延续凯撒的权力
and the name of Caesar.
与名声
And in that name he will rule Egypt.
他将以这个身份统治埃及
And whatever part or all of the world that we give him,
或世界给予他的任何地方
our child
我们的孩子
will be a son for you, Caesar.
将是你的继承人 凯撒
By Isis, I swear it.
我以伊西斯女神之名立誓
Could you put off your return to Rome,
你可否迟些再回罗马
just long enough?
不用太久的
I came as quickly as I could.
我已尽快赶来
Antony is welcome to Caesar’s house as often and as quickly as he likes.
凯撒之家随时欢迎安东尼
As Caesar’s wife, before truth is distorted into vicious gossip,
身为凯撒的妻子 希望你能
I wanted you to hear
在谣言散播前知道
that my husband has married Cleopatra.
你丈夫己娶克里奥帕特拉
There’s some fresh wine. One of your many favorites.
这里有你最喜爱的新酒
The ceremony, according to vicious gossip, was in the Egyptian religion.
据闻婚礼依照埃及宗教礼俗举♥行♥
Even if true, that can’t be taken seriously.
即使如此 也不能当真
During which he was formally declared an Egyptian god.
婚礼中 他被正式宣布成为埃及的神
Officially divine, at last.
终于成为神
That must have pleased Caesar.
凯撒一定很高兴
Calpurnia, we know Caesar, you and I.
卡普妮雅 我们大家都了解凯撒
This so-called marriage has no validity under Roman law.
这所谓的婚姻根据罗马法律并无效
There must be political purpose.
一定有某种政♥治♥目的
Perhaps a symbolic ceremony to ratify our bond with Egypt.
或许是罗马与埃及结盟的象征
Perhaps merely indulging some barbaric custom.
或许只是沉溺于某种野蛮民族的习俗
You’ve been loyal and kind.
你尽管既忠诚又体贴
You came as quickly as you could.
你也于第一时间赶来
Unhappily, vicious gossip travels even faster than you and the truth.
但恶意的诺言比你与真♥相♥还快
Have you heard, for instance, that Cleopatra
你有否听闻克里奥帕特拉
is carrying Caesar’s child?
已怀了凯撒的孩子
Yes, Antony.
没错 安东尼
We know him, you and I.
我们大家 都了解凯撒
There shall be.
未来将会是
There shall be.
未来将会是
Rome.
罗马
Mighty and alone and unloved.
强大 孤单 而缺乏爱
A mistress.
女强人
A mistress shall raise thee again from earth to heaven,
一个女强人会抚养你成人
and all the world shall know a golden age of justice and of love.
世界将进入公正与爱的时代
A son shall be born to Isis!
伊西斯女神将有嫡子
A son shall be born to Isis!
伊西斯女神将有嫡子
Rome shall know him in cloth of gold.
罗马将视他为王
The East shall see him laden with jewels and treasure.
东方将见他身披圣袍
A son of Egypt and of Rome!
埃及与罗马之子
Here shall he find his destiny!
他将在此面对他的命运
Do exactly as I tell you.
遵照我的话去做
When the child is born,
孩子降世
after he is anointed and named royal prince
涂油宣布为王子后
take him to Caesar.
把他带给凯撒
Bring Caesar here.
带凯撒来
No. Exactly as I tell you.
不 照我的说话
Take the child to Caesar, in front of his men.
将孩子带给凯撒 当着他手下面前
Do you understand?
明白吗
In front of all the Romans.
当着罗马人面前
Lay him at Caesar’s feet.
将孩子放在凯撒面前
At Caesar’s feet.
凯撒面前
I will do just as you say.
我会照你的吩咐去做
Fear not. We have never lost a Caesar.
不用怕 王者出生从未试过有任何差错
That remark was insubordinate and in bad taste!
完全是荒诞无稽之谈
Caesar, remember Roman law.
凯撒 罗马法律规条中
If you pick up this child you acknowledge it’s yours,
一旦当众抱起婴孩
and a citizen of Rome, as your heir.
他将被视为罗马人 及你的继承人
A son.
一个男孩
I have a son!
我有儿子了
Hail Caesar! Hail Caesar!
凯撒万岁 凯撒万岁
He’s been made king of Egypt.
他已被封为埃及国王
They have named their bastard Caesarion.
他们为他改名为凯撒里奥
Prince Caesarion.
凯撒里奥王子
What better name for the heir to the throne of Rome.
罗马王位继承人的好名字
There is no throne of Rome.
罗马没有王位
Nor shall there be, nor would Caesar tolerate one.
凯撒不允许帝制
But a son!
儿子
We know how much he’s wanted one. I am happy for Caesar.
我真替凯撒高兴 他一直想要个儿子
Your happiness is understandable enough.
你的高兴很容易理解
Now that Caesar has publicly recognized a son,
凯撒公开宣称有了儿子
one need no longer wonder about Brutus.
世人不再揣测布鲁特斯的身世
Is it a relief not to be wondered about, Casca?
卡斯卡 若你的身份没人怀疑
To be known openly as you are for what you are,
公开的身份
liar, swindler, bully and coward.
骗子 莽汉与懦夫
Brutus, you’ll turn Casca’s head with your flattery.
布鲁特斯 你的话会使卡斯卡掉头而去
And Casca’s head, if turned, will see Marc Antony.
一旦掉头的话 他将投入马克·安东尼的阵营
A part of Caesar more to be feared than his infant son.
他比凯撒的幼子还可怕
But it is for the good of Rome that Caesar has stayed so long in Egypt.
凯撒逗留埃及这样久是为罗马着想
In his absence, the people have come to worship him as a god.
不在罗马 人们视他为神
Why should he return to show himself as mortal as the rest?
何必回来跟大家一样做个凡人
There are those who fear Caesar’s ambition.
有些人害怕凯撒的野心
But what is to fear? That he will destroy the republic?
害怕他摧毁共和政体吗
Yes, he will.
是的 他会
I promise you he will.
他一定会
Your tongue is old but sharp, Cicero.
西塞罗 你的舌头虽老却依然锐利
Be careful how you waggle it. It may cut off your head.
小心它割下自己的脑袋
It will more likely be your sword, Antony.
我比较担心你的剑 安东尼
Tis just as sharp and quicker
又利又快
and frightened of heads.
谁都怕
There’ll be a strong smell of wine in the Senate today.
今天元老院酒气冲天
We must breathe with restraint.
我们连呼吸都要小心
Octavian, this what’s his name, this son of Caesar,
屋大维 凯撒之子这个名字
does it upset you?
令你不安了吗
No.
不会
You run off at the mouth so
你真是
one thinks your words are as precious as your gold.
惜话如金
Like my gold, I use them where they are worth most.
金石良言 要用得其所
And your virtue? My friend has a friend.
至于操守 我女友有个女友
That too.
那方面也一样
You know, it’s quite possible that when you die,
屋大维 当你死时
you will die without ever having been alive.
你会觉得白白浪费了这一生
I can’t leave without saying goodbye to my son and to you.
我会丢下你跟儿子不辞而别吗
We thought, your son and I, that if we came to you,
我跟你儿子 认为过来找你
we would have those few minutes more.
可以相处多几分钟
A good thing to remember, my son,
儿子 我要你记住

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!