The armies of Gaius Julius Caesar
盖尔斯·朱利斯·凯撒
are advancing without opposition upon Alexandria.
一直向亚历山大前来
Gaius Julius Caesar?
盖尔斯·朱利斯·凯撒
So now Octavian has stolen all of the name.
屋大维篡夺了他的全名
Caesar wishes it known he has no quarrel with Cleopatra of Egypt.
凯撒阁下希望转达他对女王毫无偏见
Then let him take his armies out of here and go home.
那就叫他打道回府啊
He has charged me to say that the choice of war or peace,
战争或和平
now rests with Egypt.
由埃及自行抉择
And that for himself, he desires only peace.
至于他 他诚心希望和平
And what are his terms for this unconditional peace?
他无条件讲和的要求是什么
A small token.
一份小小的纪念品
A demonstration. A gesture.
以表示一点心意
An indication of Queen Cleopatra’s goodwill and good faith.
代表克里奥帕特拉女王的诚意
What does Octavian want?
屋大维到底要什么
Marc Antony.
马克·安东尼
The head of Marc Antony?
安东尼 颈上的人头吗
Take this to him as my answer.
这个给他 作为我的答案
Egyptian generosity.
埃及人很慷慨
Octavian may have two heads for the price of one.
屋大维要一个人头 我给他一对
Either two
要便要两个
or none.
否则一个也没有
I’m told you come here to sleep.
听说你来这儿睡觉
Not to sleep.
不是睡觉
To pass the night then.
是度过漫漫长夜
I’m not alone.
我并不寂寞
The old boy and I exchange memories of life.
老人家与我交换历史
It’s like having a roommate, or should I say, “tomb-mate”?
等于同屋主 或该说同墓主
If he were in your place, would I find Caesar here?
若凯撒是你 他可会躲在这儿
Hidden away, wrapped in moonlight and endless self-pity?
身边只有月光和顾影自怜
Self-pity! You repeat yourself! Find new reproaches!
又是自怜 找个新说法吧
Until now it has just been a part of your being drunk.
你只是借酒装疯
Singing sad songs for Antony.
为安东尼大唱悲歌♥
Your time would be better spent negotiating with Octavian.
你的时间应该用来与屋大维谈判
Why not give over my head?
把我的头交给亚格里巴吧
It’s no great loss to me.
反正我也没什么损失
Dying the second time is painless
听闻死第二次是不会痛的
and possibly an advantage to you.
还可以为你带来利益
The basis of a great new alliance with Rome.
或许能与罗马重缔盟约
I do not want a great new alliance with Rome.
我不想跟罗马重缔盟约
Then what do you want?
那你要什么
I have come for Marc Antony.
我是来找马克·安东尼的
What is left of his army, Rufio, my son and I,
你的残兵 鲁非欧 我两母子
all of Egypt are waiting for him.
和全埃及都在等他
There is little time.
时间不多了
Marc Antony?
马克·安东尼
There is no one here by that name
这里没这个人
alive.
活着的人
Time for what?
什么时候
For Marc Antony to appear in shiny armor
等安东尼身穿盔甲
swords flashing in both hands?
双手握剑
Agrippa. Octavian.
亚格里巴 屋大维
Stand back! Rejoice! Marc Antony will save the day!
站远些 庆祝吧 救世主安东尼来了
Antony, you say?
你说的安东尼
He died at Actium
他死于爱克提安
running away.
他逃走了
He tried to run on the water,
他想在水面行走
but you weren’t there to hold his hand!
但你拒绝扶他一把
Rufio, my legions, waiting. For what?
鲁非欧 我的部下 他们在等什么
To ask me what they carry in their eyes
等我问他们对我的看法
in their hearts, in their sleep, as I have.
还是我自己对自己的看法
Why are you not dead?
为什么你不壮烈牺牲
Why do you live? How can you live?
为什么你还在苟且偷生
Why do you not lie in the deepest hole of the sea,
为什么不躲在深深的海底
bloodless and bloated and at peace with honorable death?
为什么不光荣的战死
You begged forgiveness from me for running away.
你因为逃跑 而求我原谅
You wept and gave reason. A mother to her child, a queen to her country.
以母亲以一国之君的身份向我哭诉原因
Where and how can I weep and beg? From whom?
但我能向谁哭诉 求谁谅解
The thousands and thousands who can no longer hear me?
向千千万万死去的同胞吗
Shall I give my reason?
我该解释吗
Shall I say simply, I loved?
还是简单一句 因为爱
When I saw you go, I saw nothing.
当我看见你逃走时 我失去所有知觉
Felt, heard, thought nothing except your going.
只关心你走了
Not the dying and dead, not Rome, not Egypt,
不理同胞生死 不关心埃及或罗马
not victory or defeat, honor or disgrace,
不理胜败 荣誉
friend, enemy, future or past,
羞辱朋友敌人 过去未来
only that my love was going and I must be with her.
只关心我的爱人走了 我一定要追随她
That my love, my master, called.
我的爱 我的主人在呼唤
And I followed.
我只能紧紧追随
And that only then,
直到那时
I looked back
我回头
and I saw.
了解
How right you were.
你以前说得多么正确
“Have as your master anyone, anything, but never love.”
假如爱 从不是你的主人
How wrong.
我错了
How wrong I was.
大错特错
Antony, the love you followed is here.
安东尼 你追随的爱在这里
To be had upon payment of an empire.
作为对罗马帝国的献礼
Without you, Antony,
没有你 安东尼
this is not a world I want to live in,
我不想活在这世上
much less conquer.
更别论东征西讨了
Because for me,
因为世上
there would be no love anywhere.
再也找不到爱
Do you want me to die with you? I will.
你想的话 我陪你一起死
Or do you want me to live with you?
还是你愿意与我活下去
Whatever you choose.
那要看你如何抉择
Are we too late, do you think, if we choose to live?
选择活下去 是否太迟了
Better too late
永远
than never.
也不嫌迟
My lady, there is disturbing news from the city.
城里流传一个恐怖的传闻
The people are frightened. Some are beginning to leave their homes.
有人吓得离开了家园
During the night, hundreds of notices were posted everywhere.
有人在晚上到处张贴传♥单♥
They were found stuck up in the marketplace.
早上发现被贴在市集
Even painted on temples and other holy places.
甚至庙墙上也有涂鸦
Signed by Octavian Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus,
署名屋大维·盖尔斯·朱利斯·凯撒
promising the Egyptian people peace if they surrender to him,
答应只要投降 就不会受伤害
and destruction if they do not.
若不投降 就只有死路一条
I’ve had all of them removed and I’ve ordered the death penalty
我已下令清除所有传♥单♥
for anyone who spreads the rumors
并将散播谣言
that Antony’s men might desert him.
说安东尼的部队将谋反的人处死
And what penalty if the rumors might come true?
若谣传属实 将处什么刑罚
How do you know?
你怎么知道
I know the Romans.
我了解罗马人
There is only one commander they will never desert.
只有一种将军不会被遗弃
His name is “Victory.”
他的名字叫胜利
But yet, just now, you let Lord Antony go as if.
但你才刚刚让安东尼离开似乎
If you could have seen him, how proud he was
若你见过他 他一如以往
unafraid
气宇轩昂
as he used to be.
毫无惧色
All of my attendants, have they been given their freedom?
我的部下都自♥由♥了吗
Have they gone?
他们都离开了吗
Yes. They wanted once more to tidy up.
还没有 他们还想再打扫一遍
Octavian can do his own housecleaning.
屋大维可以自己来打扫啊
The captain of the guards and three of his best men are to report to me,
叫侍卫队长带三个精兵过来
disguised as merchants.
现在先假扮成商人
They are to escort Caesarion out of Egypt
保护凯撒里奥
for the time being.
离开埃及
And you?
你自己呢
Your Majesty, please reconsider.
陛下 请再三考虑
There are two of Euphranor’s ships in the east harbor.
尤法诺有两艘快艇在东面港口
And would you roll me on board in a carpet?
将我包在地毯里带上船吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!