Dad, you need to get back together with Mom.
爸 你必须回到妈的身边
She’s all alone in the world, and she needs you right now.
在这世上 她非常孤独 非常需要你
OK?
OK?
Jenny.
杰妮
I just got married.
我才刚刚结婚
I know, and I’m sorry.
我知道 抱歉
Chloe, this has nothing to do with you.
克洛伊 这事儿与你无关
Well, it has to do something for me, for Christ’s sake.
好了 看在上帝的份上 为我做点什么吧
This is insane.
真是蠢极了
I have to apologize for my daughter.
我为我女儿向你道歉
It’s not your fault.
那不是你的错
I’m sorry. I have to go.
抱歉 我要走了
I know you think I’m a bad person.
我知道你认为我是个坏人
I’m really not.
我真的不是
And I don’t hate you.
并且 我不恨你
I just… I gotta go.
我只是…我要走了
‘Cause for her, it doesn’t… Excuse me.
因为她 没有… 对不起
Jenny. Hey.
杰妮嗨
What are you doing here?
你在这儿干什么?
Uh, yeah.
哟 是的
Did Stuart send you here without telling me?
没有告诉我 斯图亚特就派你来这儿?
No.
不是
If Stuart thinks he can push me out of the White House…
如果斯图亚特认为他能把我撵出白宫…
Ms Lerner. Hi, Beth.
兰娜女士 你好 贝丝
Right this way.
这边请
I’ve got you right down here.
我已经安排你在正下方
Excuse me, please.
对不起 请
OK.
OK
He’ll find you for the first question.
他会找你问第一个问题
Then you’re on your own.
然后 就随你了
Hey, how are you?
嗨 你好啊?
Ladies and gentlemen.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们 先生们
please.
请安静
The president will begin by addressing the nation.
总统将向全国民众发表演说
Please hold your questions until he’s finished his remarks.
请在他演说完后 再提问
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们 先生们
the President of the United States.
欢迎美国总统
Hello, everybody.
大家好
Mr President. Hello.
总统先生 你好
10 seconds, Mr President.
10秒准备 总统先生
5, 4.
5 4
Good evening.
晚上好
A few minutes ago the United States ambassadors
几分钟前美国大使向
to every country in the world
世界各国首脑通报了
told the leaders of those nations what I am about to tell you.
这则我即将告诉你们的消息
It’s a bit complicated, so it will take some time,
事情有点复杂 要花些时间
so I hope you will bear with me,
所以请各位有点耐心
hear what I have to say.
听听我不得不说的话
A little over a year ago,
大约在1年前
2 American astronomers, Marcus Wolf and Leo Biederman,
2位美国天文学家 马库斯·沃尔夫和雷欧·伯德曼
working on a mountain top in Arizona…
工作在亚利桑那州的一个山顶…
Shh.

Nobody say anything.
别说话
Saw something in the night sky that caused them great concern.
在夜空中看到些东西引起了他们的格外关注
A comet.
一颗彗星
But the comet was, well…
但这颗彗星是 噢…
There was a remote possibility that the comet was on a path
存在这样微弱的可能性
that could bring it into direct contact with the Earth.
这颗彗星运行在可能会与地球相撞的轨道上
Now…
现在…
we get hit all the time by rocks and meteors,
我们时刻都在承受着陨石和流星的打击
some of them the size of cars, some no bigger than your hand.
它们中的一些如车大 一些比手小
But the comet we discovered is the size of New York City.
但这次我们发现的彗星 大如纽约城
From the north side of Central Park to the Battery.
从中♥央♥公园北侧到炮台公园
About 7 miles long.
约7英里长
Put another way,
换句话说
this comet is larger than Mount Everest.
这颗彗星比珠穆朗玛峰还大
It weighs 500 billion tons.
重达5000亿吨♥
Now, chances are…
现在 机会属于…
Astrophysicists, geologists and climatologists.
天体物理学家 地质学者和气候学者
Where the hell is Science?
科学到底在哪儿?
Check with Tokyo, Tel Aviv. I want everybody.
与东京 特拉维夫核对 快召集所有人
The Hale-Bopp stand-ups.
海尔-波普彗星来了
Graphics! I need graphics!
图表! 我需要图表!
Comets begin far out in space.
彗星源于非常遥远的太空
They’re what’s left over from the creation of the solar system
它们是创造太阳系时留下的
after the planets were formed billions of years ago.
行星在几十亿年前形成后 才有了它们
These chunks of space debris
这些大块的太空碎片沿着细长轨道
are in an elongated orbit around our sun,
绕着太阳运转
but every now and then one of them gets bumped
但时不时 其中之一就会被撞击
like a billiard ball on a pool table
就像台球桌上的一个台球
and is knocked into a different orbit.
被撞入一个不同的轨道
If this comet continues on its path around the sun
如果这颗彗星继续沿着这个轨道绕太阳运行
and keeps its present course,
并保持现有路径
sometime on August 16, roughly a year from now,
在8月16日某时 也就是距现在大约1年的时候
there’s a chance that we might have impact.
我们很有可能会被撞上
So for the past 8 months, the United States and Russia
过去8个月来 美国和俄♥罗♥斯♥
have been building the largest spaceship ever constructed.
正在建造有史以来最大的太空船
It’s being built in orbit around the Earth.
正在绕地球轨道上建造它
And we call it the “Messiah”.
我们称之为”弥赛亚”
Right now a team of American astronauts and one Russian
目前 一支美国宇航团队和一名俄♥罗♥斯♥宇航员
are at Cape Canaveral in Florida.
正在佛罗里达州的卡纳维拉尔角待命
In 2 months, they will leave on the shuttle “Atlantis”
两个月后 他们将乘太空梭”亚特兰蒂斯”号♥离开
to board the “Messiah”.
登陆”弥赛亚”号♥
This is the crew that will stop the comet.
这是去阻止彗星的全体队员
I’d like the world to meet some extraordinary people.
我愿意向全世界引见这些杰出的人
First is Mission Commander Oren Monash.
首先是此次任务的指挥官 欧瑞·莫纳什
Commander, would you introduce us to your team?
指挥官 你想给我们介绍一下你的团队吗?
I’d be honoured, sir.
我很荣幸 先生
Pilot Andrea Baker.
领航员 安德里亚·贝克
Medical Officer Gus Partenza.
医疗官 格斯·帕特兹
From Russia, nuclear specialist
俄♥罗♥斯♥核专家
Colonel Mikhail Tulchinsky.
米克尔·图琴斯基上校
Navigator Mark Simon
导航员 马克·西蒙
and Rendezvous Pilot Spurgeon Tanner.
还有 飞船会合领航员 斯培根·泰纳
Hello, Mr President.
你好 总统先生
Captain Tanner, you flew 6 shuttle missions.
泰纳上尉 你飞了6次太空梭任务
You were the last man to walk on the moon, weren’t you?
你是最后一个在月球上行走的人 是你吧?
Yes, sir,
是 先生
but Oren here will be doing most of the flying on this one.
但欧瑞将承担此次任务的主要飞行
I’ll just be taking us down to the comet’s surface.
我是负责将大家带到彗星表面
Well, it’s good to know we’re going to have
很高兴我们能借重
your kind of experience up there, Captain.
你的经验 上尉
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 长官
Godspeed to you all.
上帝保佑你们
We’re counting on you.
全靠你们了
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 长官
Got Beijing, Rome, Sao Paulo, Cairo, Berlin!
接北♥京♥ 罗马 圣保罗 开罗 柏林!
Does anyone know how big the one was
谁知道杀死所有恐龙
that killed all the dinosaurs?
的那个彗星有多大?
Something majestic, mysterious, with a fanfare for the intro
某些宏伟 神秘的东西 用号♥角作引子
and a theme for the longer promos.
用主旋律作宣传
You want it hitting the goddam Earth?
你要它撞上该死的地球?
Well, that’s what he’s saying. Bring that up again.
噢 那是他正在说的 把那再调出来
It’ll scare the shit out of them.
它会吓得他们拉屎
We will not tolerate any disruption of our way of life.
我们不会容忍♥我们生活方式的丝毫崩溃
Our society will continue as normal.
我们的社会将运转依旧
Work will go on. You will pay your bills.
工作将继续 你的帐单 还是要付
There will be no hoarding.
不会有囤积
There will be no sudden profiteering.
不会有突现的奸商

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!