– You OK? She kick you? BALON: Easy.
好了, 没事, 宝贝
Come on. It’s OK, honey.
她怎么样? 她没事
– How is she? – She’s OK.
你在干什么?她不是宠物, 凯丽
What were you doing? She’s… she’s not a pet, Cale.
她是用来比赛的, 所以你不要惹她, 知道吗?
She’s what I do for work now so you ‘ll have to leave her be all right?
对不起
Llm sorry
你确定没事吗? 没事
– You sure you’re all right? – Fine.
(Slurps)
(Chomps)
(Sonya snorts)
来吧 谢谢
– Here you go. – Thank you.
你挣那么多钱, 吃尽可能多的饣馅饼?
You make all that money and eat as much pie as you want?
是的, 我找不到更好的工作
(Chuckles) Yeah, I can ‘t find a better job.
曼尼要带我去看他骑赛马
Manny’s gonna take me to watch him ride a racehorse.
今晚我要给桑娅清除粪便
And tonight I’m gonna muck out Sonya’s stall.
我在考虑给它上色 有匹马很好, 嗯?
– I’m thinking about painting it. – Nice to have a horse, huh?
尤其是爸爸说过
Especially after Dad said,
“我有生之年这个农场 不会再有马之后”
“There will never be another horse in this farm as long as I live.”
帕普这样跟你说的吗?
Did Pop tell you that?
别爸爸说的什么你都听, 什么事情都有两面的
Don ‘t you listen to everything Pop says. There’s two sides to every story.
帕普说爸爸是最好的骑师, 她有礼物
Pop said Dad’s the best horseman. Says he has a gift.
是的
Well, that’s true.
我们都知道是的
We all know that’s true.
嘿 你好
– Hey. – Hello.
哇, 泽普哇, 伙计
Whoa, Zephyr. Whoa, boy.
谢谢, 迈克
Thanks, Mike.
你觉得怎么样? 很快
– What’d you think about that? – That was fast.
靴子很漂亮 啊, 谢谢
– Nice boots. – Ah, Thank you.
我为几个马主训练马匹
Oxo rc so a co u p o o f h o rsos fo r a fow ow h o rs
很酷, 嗯? 是的
– Pretty cool, huh? – Yeah.
你参加过比赛吗?
You ever ride in races?
参加过几次
Couple of times I did.
但是不会再参赛了 为什么?
– But no more. – Why?

Er…
我做噩梦
I have bad dreams.
三年前我参加第一次真正的比赛
Three years ago I got my first real race.
我跑了第五名
I ran fifth.
那匹马叫什么名字?
What was the name of the horse?
丹塔斯维
Downtown Swing.
很好 你再骑过他吗?
– It was amazing. – Did you ever ride him again?
是的, 第二场比赛, 我跑了第一名
Yeah. In our second race, I was flying into that first turn.
然后我看我的胳膊下面, 看我的围栏是否清楚
And then I looked under my arm to see if I was clear on the rail.
当我再抬头时, 看见一匹马转头朝我跑来
When I looked back up, there was a horse swerving into me.
我的左脚掉出马鞍, 我掉到了地上
My left foot came out of the iron, I fell to the ground…
我被三匹马超了过去
and I got run over by three horses.
双肩都摔断了, 胸骨
Broke both shoulders, sternum…
四根
four ribs
肺穿孔
punctured a lung.
你再也不比赛
You never raced again.
(Sighs heavily)
知道吗, 晚上, 我睡着后
You know, at night, when I fall asleep
我梦见我骑着一匹很快的马在比赛
…I dream I’m in a big race on a very fast horse.
我看我的左脚, 它滑出了马鞍, 我开始跌落下来
And I look to my left foot, it slips out of the iron and I begin to fall.
但是我摔到地上之前我醒了
But… before I hit the ground, I wake up.
但是你还是在训练马 是的
– But you still exercise racehorses. – Yeah.
只是
Just…
只是我和马在跑道上
It’s just me and the horse alone on the track,
自♥由♥的
free.
没人打扰我们, 那样更好
No-one to bother us. It’s much better that way.
你的噩梦我很难过, 曼尼 没关系
– I’m sorry about your nightmares, Manny. – It ‘s OK
是上帝叫我别再比赛的
It’s God’s way of telling me no more racing.
(Slurping)
晚安
Good night.
妈妈叫我送来的
From Mom.
我很好, 宝贝 放在那里吧
I’m good, honey. Just put it down there.
凯丽?
Cale?
把栅栏下面的线拿起来好吗?
Will you grab that roll of wire underneath the fence?
好的
Yeah.
你可以呆在这里
You can just hang on to it there.
帕普说这个农场过去很美
Pop said this farm used to be beautiful.
这个农场是很美
This farm was beautiful.
200英亩, 凡尔赛最大的农场之一
200 acres. One of the nicest in Versailles.
看见那边了吗? 看见了
– See all that over there? – Yeah.
那是我们的
Well, that was ours.
帕普有一些真正很好的赛马
Pop: S ow h od so m o roa y h co raco m a ros
很大的, 很漂亮的母马
Big, beautiful female horses.
瓦维兰, 布鲁. 杰泽尔和莫菲特小姐
Waveland, Blue Jezebel and Miss Moffett.
是的
That’s right.
帕普说他修建马厩, 里面养满马
Pop said he built those stalls and filled them with horses.
是的, 他靠卖♥♥一岁的小马生活得很好
Yeah, he made a good living selling yearlings.
但是你想留下那些小马用它们比赛, 对吗?
But you wanted to keep the yearlings and race ’em, right?
那有点难
Well, it got kind of hard,
看着马在这个农场出生 而为别人赢大量的钱
watching horses born on this farm go on to win big races for somebody else.
所以你让帕普留一些小马 你可以训练它们, 用它们比赛
So you got Pop to keep some yearlings so you could train ’em, race ’em.
你不能只是留它们, 凯丽 它们不是免费的
You don ‘t just keep ’em, Cale. They’re not free.
我去给桑娅打扫灰尘
I’m going to brush down Sonya.
凯丽 克雷
Cale Crane.
是, 老师?
Yes, ma’am?
你的创造性的作品完成了吗? 是的, 老师
– Working on your creative writing assignment? – Yes, ma’am.
你的故事是关于什么的?
What’s your story about?
是关于国王的
It’s about a king…
还有他的城♥堡♥
…and his castle…
还有一匹有魔力的马
and a magic horse.
再见
Bye.
她能忍♥受, 不是很长, 但是她能忍♥受
She can stand on it. Not for long. But she can stand on it.
我还要进行检验, 但是我看不到 她不能喂养的理由, 她很好
I’ll run a couple more tests but I don ‘t see any reason she can ‘t breed. She looks good.
你帮她, 凯丽
You helped her, Cale.
她要有孩子了, 耶!
She’s gonna have a baby. Yeah!
星期五见
I’ll see you Friday.
好吧, 我会打电♥话♥拜访的
Well, I’m gonna call in a favour.
去吧, 凯丽
(Whispers) Go, Cale.
去 去
– Go. – Go.
你去哪儿?
So where are you going?
去见一位老朋友
I’m gonna go see an old friend.
为桑娅找一个马群?
About a stud for Sonya?
是的
Yeah.
关于马群的
About a stud.
你想去吗?
You wanna come?
是的, 想去
Yeah. I’ll come.
佛塞奇. 派加苏斯
Fusaichi Pegasus.
他赢得了肯塔基赛马♥会♥
He won the Kentucky Derby.
看见他了吗?那是佛塞奇
Do you see him? That’s Fusaichi.
巨人的铺道
Giant’s Causeway.
约翰内斯堡
Johannesburg.
他赢得了布里德杯青年组
He won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile.
都是帕普告诉你的?
You learn all that from Pop, too?
他是匹漂亮的马
He’s a beautiful horse.
嘿, 比尔
Hey, Bill.
很高兴见到你
It’s good to see you.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
这是我女儿凯丽 嗨
– This is my daughter Cale. CALE: Hi
很高兴认识你, 凯丽 我也是
– Nice to meet you, Cale. – Nice to meet you, too.
两个月前你打电♥话♥给我说 有个赛马♥会♥, 然后又说没有
So, you call two months ago telling me you got a race mare needs to be covered, then nothing.
好吧, 那个小姑娘有很长的路要走, 比尔, 但是现在她准备要走了
Well, it’s been a pretty long road with that filly, Bill, but she’s ready to go now.
你仍然能帮助我? 这边
– So, you still going to be able to help me out? – Right over here.
好吧, 女士们, 先生们, 你们准备好看世界上最大的 马群了吗?
All right, ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for the world’s greatest stud?
来吧, 托德, 把他牵出来
Come on, Todd. Bring him on out.
这不是
That’s not…
这是什么? 这是萨德 派斯
– What is that? BILL: This here is Thunder Pants
宝贝, 萨德派斯是匹很逗人的小马
Honey, Thunder Pants is a teaser pony.
他会用种马帮助桑娅准备好 进去饲养群的
He’s gonna help Sonya get ready to go into the breeding shed with a stallion.
谢谢, 比尔 嘿, 凯丽
– Thanks, Bill. – Hey, Cale,
想看看我为你选的种马吗?
want to meet the stallion I picked for you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!