凯丽, 来见见格兰斯拉
Cale, meet Grand Slam.
格兰斯拉?
Grand Slam?
不可思议
Unbelievable.
你认为怎么样?
So, what do you think?
好吧
Well,
我想是格兰斯拉
I think it’s Grand Slam.
阿斯佛德的每个人 对你们家都很尊敬
Everyone at Ashford has a lot of respect for your family.
我说明了你的情况, 他们都想帮你度过难关
I explained your situation and they want to do you the favour of a lifetime.
我不知道该说什么
I just… I don ‘t know what to say.
说你五月的第一个星期会 带一匹小马来 好的
– Say you’ll have the filly here first week in May. – You got it.
那个星期是你唯一的机会
That week’s the only shot you get.
他已经预定到明年了
He’s booked till next year.
这个周末前你得给我 15000中的一半
And you got to send me half of the 15,000 by the end of the week.
15000?
That’s er… 15,000?
格兰斯拉的正常价是20万
Well, Grand Slam’s normal stud fees are 200,000.
我们放弃了 是的, 我知道
– We’re waiving that. – Yeah, I know.
15000我们连成本都收不回
The 15 doesn ‘t even cover our costs in insurance.
这是个很好的提议
No no Bill it ‘s an amazing offer I just didn ‘t
我在想, 或许在小马驹上 我不能给你份额
I’m wondering, though, if maybe I couldn ‘t give you a share in the foal,
或许所有的花费
maypo to covo r a t h o oxpo h sos,
不管是什么
whatever they are
我们不能那样做
BILL: We just don ‘t do that
不能这样
Not in a case like this
你是说你想放弃吗?
Are you saying you want to call it off?
不. 比尔, 我只是
No, Bill, I just…
比尔, 我没有钱
Bill, I don ‘t have the money.
对不起, 本
I am sorry, Ben.
我不知道你的情况 没关系, 本
– I didn ‘t fully know your situation – That’s OK Bill
听着, 我真的很想试试
Listen, I… I really appreciate the try.
我会给你电♥话♥的, 好吗?谢谢
I’m gonna call. All right? Thanks.
走吧, 宝贝
Let’s go, honey.
我从没从近处看过格兰斯拉
POP: Llve never seen Grand Slam up close
他到处都是肌肉
CALE: He’s got muscles everywhere
他怎么说?
POP: What’d he say?
他有一匹马
He’s a horse.
我知道, 他怎么说?
I know. What’d he say?
“我是伟大的冠军”
“I am a great champion.”
我跑的时候, 大地都要颤抖
“When I ran, the ground shook.
天空都要打开
The sky opened and mere mortals parted.”
通往胜利之路
“The way to victory.
我在胜利者的圈里见到了我的主人
And I met my owner in the winner’s circle.”
“他盖了一张花的毯子在我的背上”
“Where he put a blanket of flowers on my back.”
你还记得?
You remembered that?
运动之王, 知道吗?
Sport of kings, you know that?
他们说赛马是运动之王
They call horse racing the sport of kings.
你什么时候带我去赛马? 我不去了
– So when you gonna take me to the races? – I don ‘t go any more.
好多年没去了
Haven ‘t been in years.
我可以把赛马新闻和种马带走, 对吗?
So I can take the Racing Form and The Blood-Horse, right?
你♥爸♥爸不希望我 教你关于马的东西
Your dad doesn ‘t want me teaching you about horses.
那么我应该把它们留下吗?
So I should leave ’em?
你应该把它们藏在你的衣服下面
You should stuff ’em under your shirt.
好的
OK.
凯丽, 水槽上面的橱柜里
Cale, in that cabinet above the sink…
是的
Yeah.
有个咖啡罐吗?
Is there a coffee can?
嗯哼
Mm-hm.
带给你♥爸♥爸, 好吗? 好的
– Bring it to your dad, would you? – Sure
晚安 晚安
– Good night. – Good night
帕普要我给你的 谢谢, 宝贝
– Pop wanted me to give this to you. – Thanks, hon.
我到畜棚里吃甜点去了 好的
– I’m gonna eat my dessert in the barn. – All righty.
这是什么? 咖啡罐
– What the hell is this? – Coffee can
你指望我用吗? 我只有这个
– You expect me to use it? – Only flavour I got.
真不可思议, 这里有将近2万美元
You’re unbelievable. There’s almost $20,000 there.
你看着我把这个农场一点一点卖♥♥掉, 直到什么都没有
You watched me sell this farm off bit by bit till there was nothing left.
你为什么要这么做?
Why are you doing this?
鬼才知道
Damned if I know.
养马, 本
Breed the horse, Ben.
养那个小姑娘是这么多年我看你 做过的最勇敢的事情
Picking up that filly was the gutsiest thing I’ve seen you do in years.
勇敢?我经过最大的摇摆才做成的
Guts? I took the biggest swing I could and I struck out.
你放弃 我破产了, 帕普!
– And you gave up. – I’m broke, Pop!
你要我怎么办?
What do you expect me to do?
我要你拿着钱, 相信你的本能养马
I expect you to take the money, trust your instincts and breed the horse.
你叫我把她放下 但是你没有
– You told me to put her down – But you didn ‘t.
因为你是骑师 噢, 别这样
– Cos you’re a horseman. – Oh, don ‘t blow smoke…
你是要一辈子修理马鞍
Are you gonna spend your life shovelling horse squat for sheiks
还是要回去比赛?
or are you gonna get back in the game?
别想 我不知道你和凯丽是怎么回事
Don ‘t think I don ‘t know what’s going on here with you and Cale.
在她的血统里, 本
It’s in her blood, Ben.
凯丽是个漂亮的孩子
Cale’s a beautiful kid.
别再给她讲马故事了
Stop filling her head with horse stories.
我只会讲马故事
Horse stories are all I got.
你自 己留着吧, 小马卖♥♥了我就还你
Keep ’em to yourself. I’ll pay you back when the foal sells.
你会留下小马驹吗?
Any chance you’ll keep the foal?
比赛?
Race him or her?
不, 我们要把小马驹卖♥♥掉
No, we’re going to sell the foal.
但是我们还有索纳多
But we still have Sonador.
索纳多?
Sonador?
是的, 这是她的全名
Yeah It ‘s her full name
索纳多
Sonador.
索纳多
(Whispers) Sonador.
可能是西班牙语
I think it’s Spanish.
是“梦想家”的意思
Spanish for “Dreamer”.
晚安, 梦想家
Good night, Dreamer.
– 好了, 给我吧 – 我去爸爸那里
– OK, I got it. – I’m going to Pop’s.
他们一星期让你干多少天?
Lil, how many days they give you down at the diner?
星期一, 星期三, 星期五3天
I got Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
但我可以有更多
But I could take more.
帕尔默打电♥话♥来了, 封♥杀♥了我
Palmer called around. Shut me out everywhere.
我找不到工作
I can ‘t find any work
我打算签下这份合同
I’m gonna have to take down the sign.
真实财产合同?
The real estate sign?
全都卖♥♥出去了
It’s all been sold.
我们只剩下那块地可以卖♥♥了, 别无它法
The only land we got left to sell, we’re sitting on.
这是丧失赎取权的第一封信
Here’s the first letter of foreclosure.
– 早 – 你好, 凯丽
– Morning. – Hello Cale
– 你好 – 拜伦, 曼尼
– Hey Doc – Balon. Manny.
桑娅会为我们赚些钱吧?
Sonya’s gonna make us some money huh?
这匹马♥会♥生个特别的仔吧?
This horse, she gonna make a special baby, huh?
– 本在吗? – 我在这里
– Is Ben around? – Yeah. I’m right here.
我刚跟比尔通完电♥话♥
All right. Just got off the phone with Bill.
我们退一步打算
We’re back on.
打算让她生格兰斯拉的种
Going to breed her to Grand Slam.
本, 我刚检查过, 有坏消息
Ben, I’ve completed my tests and I’ve got some bad news for you.
什么情况?
What?
她不能产崽
She’s infertile.
她不会生小孩?
She’s not gonna have a baby now?
是的, 她不会生小孩
No, h o h oy, s h o: S h ovo r go h h a h avo pap os
对不起, 各位
I’m sorry, guys.
对不起, 桑娅
I’m sorry, Sonya.
不过没关系
T: S O K
都快天亮了
It’s almost dawn.
你坐了一夜
You ‘ve been up all night
我该怎么办, 利丽?
What was I thinking, Lil?
想让马产崽?
Trying to breed that horse?
凯丽喜欢那匹马
Cale loves that horse.
就是啊, 但那匹马却差一点毁了我们
That’s good, cos that little filly just ruined us.
那匹是这里最棒的一匹
That little filly is the best thing that’s ever happened around here.
算了吧, 利丽
Come on, Lil.
有她在马棚里, 我们算有了个完整的家
Since she’s been in that barn, we have a family.
这么多年来第一次这样
For the first time in years.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!