He’s been prizefighting, but he’ll survive.
他里头有一团火需要释放一下
He had a charge of gunpowder in him that needed to go off.
那么你是哪位
And who might you be?
我是格蕾斯 在社交俱乐部工作
I’m Grace. I work at the Social Club.
我今晚打的很棒 是吧
I did well tonight, didn’t I?
你把所有人都打败了
You beat them all, Joseph.
不过现在别说话
But don’t talk now.
睡觉吧
Get some sleep.
我要和你谈谈
I need to talk to you.
-你是他的妹妹吧 -嗯
-You’re his sister, right? -H’m
除了魔鬼一样的英俊和坚毅 他是怎样的人
What sort of man is he? Besides tough and handsome as a devil.
他喜怒无常
He’s extremely moody.
这个我信 他充满激♥情♥和勇气 是不是
I believe that. Full of spit, isn’t he? And passion?
不是的 他其实很乏味
No, not really, no. He’s fairly dull.
乏味 不知道你过去交往的男人是怎样的
Dull? I don’t know what sort of men you’re used to,
他可绝不是乏味的那种
but he’s anything but dull.
以及他那体格
And the build on him.
我们那些女孩子 看他的屁♥股♥都看呆了
Me and the girls got swollen eyes from gawking at his bum.
格蕾斯 晚安
Goodbye, Grace.
-你能否告诉他 我 -幸会
-Would you tell him I… -Nice to meet you.
-我只是想 -晚安 格蕾斯
-I just want… -Good night, Grace.
她是格蕾斯
That was Grace.
她介绍过了
So she said.
-她是跳波利舞的 -现在别想她了
-She dances in the burleycue. -Yes, well, never mind her now.
躺在那 别动
Just lay there.
约瑟 躺着 躺着
No, Joseph, lie still. Lie still.
你看我的靴子里
Look in my boot down there.
四美金 比拔一个月鸡毛赚的还多
$4. That’s more than plucking chickens in a month.
入冬以前我就能赚到买♥♥马车的钱
I’ll have my horse-and-buggy money before the winter comes,
不必拔鸡毛赚钱
and it won’t be from plucking chickens.
还有别的方法去俄克拉荷马州的
There are other ways to get to Oklahoma, Joseph.
莎伦 真希望你能听到他们为我喝彩
You should have heard them, Shannon, cheering me on.
棒极了
It was grand.
真辉煌
It was grand.
先生们 踩线
Toe the line, gentlemen.
太慢了
Too slow.
一拳打他胸 再一拳打他脸
You come to the body, you come to the face.
等他转过来
And you move out of the way.
你先躲开他的攻击
When he’s coming around, you get out of the way.
瞧瞧 他们就会站在那里打
They just stand there, look at them.
加油 加油啊
Come on! Come on! Come on now!
-约瑟 你好啊 -卡拉 你好
-Hello there, Joseph. -Hello, Cara.
穿起来很像绅士嘛
All done up like a gentleman.
女士们 你们好吗
How do you do, ladies?
-莎伦 -约瑟
-Shannon. -Joseph.
那个约瑟·丹诺利是个英俊少年
He’s a handsome catch, that Joseph Donnelly is.
既然他的拳头整晚不倒
If he can keep his knuckles up all night,
想像一下他的老二会怎么样
imagine what his willie can do.
买♥♥旧鞋啦 女士
Shoes, secondhand shoes, madam.
快看哪
Would you look at that!
看哪 波浪袖
Look at the sleeves all billowed out.
是法国巴黎货
From Paris, France, it says.
这么美丽时髦
So beautiful and modern.
对不起
Excuse me!
呃 对不起
Well, excuse me.
连她的狗都装模作样的
Even her poodle’s putting on airs.
看 莎伦 是你大名鼎鼎的哥哥
Look, Shannon, there’s your famous brother.
该死的 他又买♥♥了一顶新帽子
Good grief, he’s bought himself another hat.
-明天见 -再见 奥利芙
-See you tomorrow. Bye. -Bye, Olive.
-莎伦 你好 -约瑟 你好
-Hello, Shannon. -Hello, Joseph.
你觉得怎么样 喜欢吗
What do you think? Do you like it?
-喜欢我的帽子吗 -不 根本不喜欢
-Like my hat? -No. Not at all.
我要去问别人
I’ll get some other opinions.
你喜欢我的帽子吗
Do you like my hat?
这帽子真漂亮 丹诺利先生
It’s a fine hat, Mr. Donnelly,
还有昨晚的拳赛很精彩
and a fine fight last night as well.
我很高兴你喜欢 康纳
Glad you enjoyed it, Connor.
她内♥裤♥还没穿上我就走了
So I left her there pulling up her knickers.
等等 他来了
Hold on a second. Here he comes.
我们伙计们 你们看起来棒极了
There’s my boy, looking fit and dandy.
你好吗 斗士
How are you, scrapper?
好极了 迈克
Never better, Mike.
你们好 小子们
Hello, lads.
伯克先生要和你说话
Mr. Bourke would like a word with you.
战无不胜的约瑟·丹诺利
Joseph Donnelly, still undefeated.
他是战神转世
He’s a rascal of a holy terror.
对 是的
That he is.
那个小甜妹有一双玉腿
That’s a long-legged piece of strawberry tart.
你说话小心点 伯克先生
Mind your mouth, Mr. Bourke.
从现在开始 丹诺利 不许和伯克先生这么讲话
Now, Donnelly, you don’t talk to Mr. Bourke that way.
凯利 别计较
Let it go, Kelly.
这是生意 这孩子是我们手上的王牌
This is business and the boy’s our stock in trade.
听着 我要你去和一个人比赛
Now, listen to me, lad. There’s a man I want you to box.
那是个该死的意大利人 我要你去给他放血
He’s a goddamn Italian and I want you to spill his blood.
我去和他比试 我会赢的
I’ll box and I’ll win.
但是我并不属于你们这些人 伯克先生
But your boys don’t own me, Mr. Bourke.
我只为我自己而战
I box for myself, alone.
你以为你在干嘛 耀武扬威啊
What do you think you’re doing pissing against the wind?
伯克先生在波士顿极有势力
D’Arcy Bourke is a powerful man in Boston,
我需要他的人脉
a man whose connections I need.
我不会和你们一样拍他马屁的
I’m not gonna kiss the back of his trousers just ’cause the rest of you do.
你喜欢你的西装吧
You like your suit?
是不是
Well, do you?
你想有个栖息之所吧
You like having a roof over your head?
小子 我是你的衣食父母
I’m your bread and butter, lad.
惹恼了我 你什么都不是
Cross me and you’re nothing,
你这无知的爱尔兰佬
nothing but an ignorant mick.
告诉你怎么做就怎么做 否则把你扔出去
You do what you’re told or I’ll throw you out in the street,
到那时没人敢收容你
and every door you knock on will be slammed in your face.
懂了吗
Do you understand?
懂了
Aye.

Good.
伯克先生 这一定是一场精彩的比赛
It’s gonna be a grand fight, Mr. Bourke.
好 我就喜欢听这样的话
Good, that’s what I like to hear.
莎伦
Shannon?
约瑟 我喝醉了
I’m drunk, Joseph.
我刚走开一下 你怎么就醉了呢
How can you be drunk? You just left my sight.
她正一杯接一杯的喝呢
She’s working her way through a jigger of rye.
喝完这杯 我说不定还要再喝一杯
When I finish it, I may or may not have another one.
莎伦 你来美国就是要变得时髦的
Well, Shannon, you came to America to be modern.
我很高兴你如愿以偿了
I’m glad everything’s working out.
-丹诺利先生 你变了 -你是说进步了
-You have changed, Mr. Donnelly. -Improved, you mean.
不 变了
Nope. Changed.
看你那些傻傻的帽子
Look at all those silly hats.
你胡乱花钱 永远都到不了俄克拉荷马州
You’ll never get to Oklahoma. You’ve spent all your money.
以我现在的发展情况 他们会把土地献给我的
At the rate I’m going, they’ll bring the land to me.
你已经变成了势利小人
You have turned into a snob.
约瑟
Joseph?
约瑟
Joseph!
对不起 醉妞
Excuse me, drunkard.
格蕾斯 你好
Hello, Grace.
你好 约瑟 明天在教堂见面好吗
Hello, Joseph, will I be seeing you in church tomorrow morn?
真是庄严神圣啊 格蕾斯
Sounds divine and holy, Grace.
我们可以坐一起
We can share a pew, me and you.
-到时候见 -再见
-Toodle-oo. -Same to you.
她那大胸去教堂不太合适吧
She’s got an awfully large chest to be going to church.
莎伦 在主的面前所有胸脯都是平等的
Shannon, all chests are equal in the eyes of the Lord.
她走进了告解室
She goes into the confession box,
她不会再出来了 那小荡♥妇♥
she’ll never come out, the little tramp.
格蕾斯不是荡♥妇♥ 她是跳波利舞的
Grace isn’t a tramp. She’s a dancer in the burleycue.
那不是舞蹈 不过是宽衣解带而已

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!