People did not give it credence
人们不会相信
that a young girl could leave home.
一个小女孩能离开家乡
And go off in the winter time to avenge her father’s blood.
在冰天雪地的寒冬为父亲报仇
But it did happen.
但事实就是如此
I was just fourteen years of age when a coward by the name of Tom Chaney
那个懦夫汤姆·切尼射杀我父亲的时候
shot my father down.
我只有十四岁
And robbed him of his life, and his horse.
他不但杀了我父亲 抢走他的马
And two California gold pieces that he carried in his trouser pant.
还拿走了他裤袋里的两块加州金块
Chaney was a hired man.
切尼是个雇工
And Papa had taken him up to Fort Smith
爸爸让他到史密斯堡
to help lead back a string of mustang ponies he’d bought.
帮忙带回他买♥♥下的小野马驹
In town, Chaney had followed to drink.
在城里 切尼被美酒吸引
And cards, and lost all his money.
开始赌博 输光了身上所有的钱
He got it into his head he was being cheated.
他认为他被骗了
And went back to the boarding house for his Henry Rifle.
回到住处取他的那把亨利步♥枪♥
When Papa tried to intervene.
当父亲试图阻止他时
Chaney shot him.
切尼开枪杀了他
Chaney fled.
切尼逃跑了
He could have walked his horse.
他本可以牵着马慢慢走的
For not a soul in that city could be bothered to give chase.
因为那座镇上的人没有一个去追赶他
No doubt Chaney fancied himself, scott free.
切尼自以为能逃过制裁
But he was wrong.
但是他错了
You must pay for everything in this world,
这个世界任何东西都是有代价的
one way or another.
欠下的终究都会被偿还
There is nothing free,
除了上帝的恩泽
except the grace of God.
没有什么是免费的
Is that the man?
是他吗
That is my father.
是我父亲
If you would like to kiss him,
如果你想亲吻他
It would be all right.
请便吧
He’s gone to home.
他回家了
Praise the Lord.
感谢上帝
Why is it so much?
为什么这么贵
The quality of the casket.
棺木的选材
And of the embalming.
还有防腐的材料
The life like appearance requires time and art.
死者保持这样的外表是需要时间和工艺的
And the chemicals come dear, the particulars are in your bill.
化学药剂十分昂贵 帐单里有详细价格
If you’d like to kiss him, It would be all right.
如果你想亲吻他 请便
Thank you, the spirit has flow.
谢谢您 他的灵魂已经消散了
Your wire said fifty dollars.
你电报上说只要五十美元
You did not specify that he was to be shipped.
你没说清楚他是要被运输的
Well sixty dollars is every cent we have.
我们只有六十美元
That leaves nothing for our board.
我们都没有钱住店了
Yarnell you can see to the body
亚内尔 你去看着遗体
transport to the train station, and company it home.
运到火车站 然后护送回家
I’ll have to sleep here tonight.
我今晚会在这儿过夜
I still have to collect father’s things and see some other business.
我还需要整理遗物和处理其他事宜
Your mama didn’t say nothing about you settling no business here.
你母亲从没说过你要来办什么其他事宜
It’s business mama dosen’t know about.
这是妈妈不知道的事
It’s all right Yarnell, I dismiss you.
好了 亚内尔 你可以走了
I am not sure.
我可不这么认为
Tell mama not to sign anything
转告我妈不要签署任何文件
until I return home and see that Papa is buried in his mason’s apron.
一切等我回家后将父亲体面安葬好再说
Your terms are agreeable, if I might pass the night here.
你的出价可以接受 但我要在这过夜
Here, among these people?
在这儿 和这些死人一起吗
These people?
“这些死人”吗
I’m expecting three more souls.
待会儿还有三个心灵要在这里安息
Sullivan, Smith, and His-tongue-in-the-rain.
苏里文 史密斯还有狗舌头
Ladies and gentlemen, beware
女士们先生们 听好了
and train up your children the way that they should go!
好好培养孩子 让他们走上正路
You see what has become of me.
你们看看现在的我
Because of drink.
因为喝酒
I killed a man.
我杀了一个人
In a triffiling quarrel over a pocket knife.
就因为争抢一把小折刀
If I had received good instruction as a child…
如果我年轻的时候能受到良好的教育
Could you point out the sheriff?
请问哪位是警长
Him with the moustaches.
那个大胡子
I would be with my wife and children today.
今天我本可以和我妻子儿女在一起
I do not know what is to become of them.
我不知道他们以后会怎么样
But I hope and pray that she will not slight them
但是我希望妻子不会放手不管孩子们
and compel them to go into low company.
让他们成为社会的败类
Well.
好吧
I killed the wrong man,
我杀了一个不该杀的人
is the which why I’m here.
这就是我在这的原因
Had I killed the man I meant to.
如果我没杀错的话
I don’t believed I’d a been convicted.
我肯定不会被判死刑的
I see men out there in that crowd, that’s worse than me.
我看到人群中 有些人还不如我呢
Okay.
好了
Before I hang, I would like to say.
我被绞死之前 我想说的是
Naw, we ain’t arrested him.
没有 我们没抓到他
Ain’t caught up to him, but he lit out for the Territory.
他们没追上他 跑得太快了
I would think that he throwed in with Lucky Ned Pepper,
我觉得他投靠幸运奈德·彼伯了
whose gang robbed a mail hack yesterday at the Poteau River.
他们昨天在波托河旁抢劫了一辆邮车
Well, why are you not looking for him?
那为什么您没有去搜捕他呢
I ain’t no authority in the Indian Nation.
印第安区不在我的管辖范围内
Tom Chaney is the business of the U.S. Marshal now.
汤姆·切尼现在归美国法警管了
When will they arrest him?
那他们什么时候去抓他呢
Not soon, I’m afraid, the Marshals are not well staffed.
近期是不太可能了 法警的人手不够
And I’ll tell you, frankly,
我实话跟你说吧
Chaney is at the end of a long list of fugitives and malefactors.
切尼是通缉犯名单上的最后一个
Could I hire a Marshal to pursue Tom Chaney?
我能雇个法警去追捕汤姆·切尼吗
You have a lot of experience with bounty hunters, do you?
你是不是经常雇佣一些赏金猎人啊
That is a silly question.
怎么可能呢
I am here to settle my father’s affairs.
我是来处理父亲后事的
All alone. I am the person for it.
就你一个人吗 只有我能做
Mama was never any good at sums.
我妈的数学很差
And she could hardly spell ‘cat’.
而且她大字不识两个
I intend to see Papa’s killer hanged.
我要看到杀害我父亲的人被处以绞刑
Well, nothing prevents you
好吧
from offering a reward or from so informing the Marshals.
你的确可以雇佣法警
It had to be real money though, to be persuasive.
但报酬要丰厚 这样才有人会去
Chaney’s across the river, in Choctaw Nation.
切尼现在已经过河到了查克托区
I will see to the money. Who’s the best Marshal?
我会处理钱的问题 谁是最好的法警
I’d have to weigh that.
我得想想
William Waters, is the best tracker.
威廉姆·沃特斯追捕能力过人
He is half Comanche,
他有一半卡曼其血统
and it is something to see him cut for the sign.
看他追捕赏心悦目
The meanest, is Rooster Cogburn.
最暴脾气的要属大公鸡考伯恩
He is a pitiless man. Double tough.
他铁面无私 真正的硬汉
Fear don’t enter into his thinking.
他无所畏惧
Hmm, he loves to pull a cork.
但是他嗜酒如命
The best is probably, L.T. Quinn.
最好的人选应该是奎因
He brings his prisoners in alive.
他总能活捉罪犯
Now he may let one slip by now and again,
也许会因此偶尔失手
but he believes that
但是 他相信
even the worst of men, is entitled to a fair shake.
就算是罪大恶极的人 也应秉公处理
Where can I find this, Rooster?
我在哪儿能找到这个大公鸡
The jakes is occupied.
厕所有人了
I know it is occupied Mr. Cogburn.
我知道考伯恩先生
As I said, I have business with you.
我有事找您
I have prior business.
我的事情更紧急
You’ve been at it for quite some time, Mr. Cogburn.
您已经在这里待了很久了 考伯恩先生
There is no clock for my business!
我的事情想做多久就多久
The hell with you! How did you spot me here?
去死吧 你怎么找到我的
The sheriff told me to look in the saloon.
警长叫我去酒吧找找
In the saloon they referred me here. We must talk.
酒吧的人说你在这儿 我们得谈谈
Women ain’t allowed in the saloon.
酒吧根本就不接待女人
I was not there as a customer. I am fourteen years old.
我不算顾客 我才十四岁
The jakes is occupied.
厕所有人了
Will be for some time.
有段时间不会出来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!