Dad was a pilot. He was 332nd Airborne.
他是个牛人
He was Tuskegee.
在那里开了条飞机跑道
Built that landing strip out there.
用来给农作物喷粉 后来被环保署禁止
Crop dusting. EPA shut him down.
他就把喷洒机买♥♥了回来
He traded in the crop duster
那架赛斯纳老爷喷气机还在仓库里呢
for the old Cessna sitting out there in the barn.
他开着那破飞机到处转
Flew that damn thing all over the place.
后来他去世了
He died.
我也离婚了
I got a divorce and…
从那时起我就一直想把这地方卖♥♥掉
I’ve been trying to sell the place ever since.
那你妈妈呢
What about your mom?
也去世了
Dead.
你呢 你♥爸♥爸呢
You? What about your dad?
我只知道他住在科罗拉多
Well, I’m pretty sure he lives in Colorado.
是吗
Yeah?
跟你没联♥系♥吗
No relationship?
是我妈把我拉扯大的
It was my mom that raised me.
她很不容易
She was incredible.
苦苦支撑了那么久
She held it together for so long,
我无法用言语来形容她的病痛
I couldn’t even tell how sick she was.
我们像小孩子一样相濡以沫
We spent those last seven months together
共同度过了她最后的7个月
like we were teenagers.
我们交流着男生们的故事 畅所欲言
We’d trade stories about boys and whatever.
她很爱我
She loved me.
我叫特雷弗
My name’s Trevor.
谢谢你救了我妈妈
You saved my mom.
很高兴能见到你 维普
It’s great to see you, Whip.
我也很高兴见到你
It’s good to see you, too, Margaret.
追悼会办得很周全
The service was so nice.
我是说 这么多人都来跟她道别
I mean, all these people who wanted to say goodbye.
崔娜看起来很美 是不是
Trina looked so beautiful in there. Didn’t you think so?
感觉她随时都会醒来 对着我们微笑
I mean, like she was just going to wake up and smile.
我没进去 玛格丽特 我做不到
I didn’t go in. I… I just couldn’t.
特雷弗 去找爸爸
Trevor, find Daddy,
宝贝 他在那边跟本顿先生一起
baby. He’s over there by Mr. Benton.
你真的应该参加心理援助咨♥询♥
You really should come to the counseling group.
飞联给我们提供了很好的创伤后医助
The union has great people for us to talk to.
我不用 真的…
I can’t. Really. I…
我没事的
I will.
-好了 -玛格丽特
– Yeah. Well… – Margaret.
-保重 维普 -好的
– You take care, okay, Whip? – Okay.
玛格丽特 我有个…
Listen, Margaret.
如你所知 我现在正处于…
You know I’m in the middle of this
调查之中 安委会在调查这起事故
investigation. The NTSB is investigating the crash.
对 下星期他们也要找我谈话
Yeah. I’m gonna talk to them next week.
我 我有点担心
Yeah. Well, I’m… I’m a little nervous
出事的前一晚我出去吃过饭
because I was out the night before the crash, at dinner.
和崔娜一起
Yeah. With Trina.
期间我喝了两杯酒
Right. And I had two glasses of wine,
他们可能会问你当天早上
and they’re probably going to ask you
我的状态如何 或者
about my condition that morning,
你有没有觉得我喝了酒
or whether you thought I had anything to drink.
怎么了
What?
我认识你11年了 维普
I’ve known you 1 1 years, Whip.
没错
Right.
你想告诉我
You want to tell me that you and
你和崔娜共进晚餐就喝了两杯酒
Trina went to dinner and you had two glasses of wine? -No.
听起来还真有那么回事 请问是哪一家餐厅
Sounds like a nice restaurant. Now, which one was it?
你要说那是很平常的一天 玛格丽特
You have to say that it was an ordinary day, Margaret.
那一天也的确很平常
I mean, it was an ordinary day.
你了解我的 我完全可以执行飞行
You know me. I was in shape to fly.
你可以这么说吗
You have a problem with saying that?
这是在撒谎 维普
It’s a lie, Whip.
不是那样的 崔娜告诉我你们整晚没睡
It’s a lie. Trina told me you two hadn’t been to sleep.
我缺乏睡眠和飞机解体坠落
Well, my lack of sleep had nothing
没有半毛钱关系 玛格丽特
to do with that plane falling apart, Margaret.
我只是想让事情简单一点
I’m just trying to get this thing straight.
你觉得有其他任何飞行员
Now you think any other pilot
能迫降那架飞机并救出更多的人吗
could have landed that plane and saved more lives?
我不是这个意思 维普
I didn’t say that, Whip. I can’t imagine another…
那就好了
All right, then.
试想一下你的儿子特雷弗
Well, imagine your son, Trevor, in this church,
在这个教堂里看着灵柩里的你
looking at you in that box.
或者我儿子
Or my son visiting me in prison. And…
在此后40年都来狱中看我
Please, Whip, enough. Enough, Whip.
求你 维普 够了 别说了 维普
And for the next 40 years…
你难道不觉得我们已经遭了很多罪吗
Don’t you think we’ve all had enough?
我需要你的帮助 玛格丽特
I need this, Margaret.
你想要我说什么
What do you want me to say?
我只是
I just…
就说那天和往常一样
It was an ordinary day.
我们起飞之后 暴风雨
The storm, after we took off,
太猛烈了
was very severe.
但是对于机组人员来说 那是
But as far as the flight crew was concerned,
非常平常的一天
it was a perfectly ordinary day.
你还好吧
You okay?
是的 是的
Yeah, yeah.
怎么样
So?
第一天我挺过来了 他们没有炒了我
Well, I got through my first day. They didn’t fire me.
-然后 -很好 很好
– So… – Good. Good.
他们需要人值夜班 问我愿不愿意
And they need someone to work the night shift and they asked me.
我刚好有时间 所以
It’s time and a half, so…
他们给了我一件背心
I got a vest.
-还有一个胸牌 -很不错
– And a little name tag. – Nice.
我有东西要给你
I got you something.
-是吗 -对啊
– Yeah? – Yeah.
这是P-51型野马战机
It’s a P-51 Mustang.
我知道这是P-51
I know it’s a P-51 …
你♥爸♥爸开过这种飞机吧
Your daddy fly one of those?
是的
Yes, he did.
恭喜你 值得庆祝
It’s cause for celebration.
我答应了希拉现在去参加一个互诫会
Oh, well, I promised Sheila that I’d go to this AA meeting now.
她是我的担♥保♥人 她一直在帮助我
She’s my sponsor, the one that’s been helping me.
我们明晚再庆祝行吗
Can we celebrate tomorrow night?
行啊
Yeah.
当然没问题
Yeah, sure, come on.
你可以跟我一起去参加…
You know, you could come with me.
交流会
To the meeting.
这是个公开会面 谁都可以去
It’s an open meeting, meaning that anyone can come.
你也可以
Even you.
警♥察♥在垃圾桶后面用手电筒照着我
So the cops got a flashlight on me behind the dumpster.
除了我女朋友的短裤我什么都没穿
I’m wearing nothing but my girlfriend’s panties,
我的胸前有酒后的呕吐物
I got vomit all down the front of my chest.
我对他说”我就喝了两杯”
And I say to them, “L might have had two beers.”
我的绰号♥”两杯巴里”就是这么来的
So that’s how I got the nickname “Two Beer Barry.”
艾德在对我翻白眼
I’m getting the stink eye from Ed over here.
我离题了吗
Have I gone off format?
我叫巴里 我是一名酒精成瘾者
My name is Barry and I am an alcoholic.
巴里你好
Hi, Barry.
现场还有其他酒精成瘾者吗
Are there any other alcoholics present?
我很喜欢这种让人们吐露心声的交流会
I always love a meeting where we all have to identify at the top,
因为它逼着我要诚实地看待自己
because it forces me to be honest about who I really am.
在外面我从没说过实话
And I never told the truth out there, obviously.
我一直在撒谎
I lied about everything.
有人告诉我到这里如果还撒谎的话
I was taught in these rooms that I would never get sober
那真的是无可救药了
if I kept lying,
但撒谎正是我所热衷的
but that’s what I was best at.
如果说我有什么专长 那就是撒谎
If I knew anything in this world it was how to lie,
特别是关于酗酒的谎言
especially about my drinking.
习惯成自然 我会骗你我狗狗的名字
But, whatever. I would lie about the name of my dog,
骗你我头发的颜色 谎话连珠不脸红

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!