-你想有多少人 -我不知道
– How many men do you think there’ve been? – I wouldn’t know.
-告诉我一个估计 -没有计算机算不出来
– Can’t you give me a rough estimate? – Not without an adding machine.
-你有计算机吗 -我忘了带
– Do you have your adding machine with you? – I forgot to bring it.
那么我想你是不会知道
Then I guess you won’t find out will you?
或许我已经知道了
Maybe I already know.
怎么了 你在暗示什么
What’s the matter? What are you hinting at?
有什么好暗示的吗
Why? ls there something to hint at?
搞不好有过很多海滩派对
Maybe there’s been a long line of beach parties.
-你一定是疯了 -是吗
– You must be crazy. – Am I?
你跟荷姆斯 在布里斯堡又如何
What about when you and Holmes were back at Fort Bliss?
你听说过史塔克大兵吗 梅隆史塔克
Did you ever hear of a soldier named Stark? Maylon Stark?
是 知道的
Why yes.
“是知道的”你也认识他 对吧
“Why yes.” You knew him too didn’t you?
对吧
Didn’t you?
你跟其他人都一样
I had to go and forget you were like all the rest of them.
那些事都是真的 对吧 对不对
Only it’s true ain’t it? Well ain’t it?
你为什么不告诉我
Why don’t you tell me about it? Tell me the story.
总是有故事的
There’s always a story.
你不留给任何人任何余地 对吧
You don’t leave a person anything do you?
回来 上士 我会把故事告诉你
Come back here Sergeant. I’ll tell you the story.
你可以把故事带回营区
You can take it back to the barracks with you.
我只结婚了两年 就发现他有外遇
I’d only been married to Dana two years when I found out he was cheating.
当时我已经怀孕 让我有了可以期待的事
And by that time I was pregnant. I thought I had something to hope for.
阵痛开始那晚 我差点觉得高兴
I was almost happy the night the pains began.
唐纳去出席军官会议
I remember Dana was going to an officer’s conference.
我告诉他要早点带医生回来
I told him to get home early to bring the doctor with him.
那会议不是和女人开的话
And maybe he would have if his conference hadn’t been
他就会照办
with a hat check girl.
他到了凌晨五点才暍醉了回来
He was drunk when he came in at 5:00 a.m.
当时我躺在地板上
I was lying on the floor.
我求他去找医生
I begged him to go for the doctor
可是他醉倒在沙发上
but he fell on the couch and passed out.
孩子在一小时后生了下来
The baby was born about an hour later.
当然是死了 是一个男孩
Of course it was dead. It was a boy.
他们送我到医院急救
But they worked over me at the hospital. They fixed me up fine.
他们救活了我 还免费替我割了盲肠
They even took my appendix out. They threw that in free.
-凯伦 -还有一件事 我也不能生育了
– Karen? – And one more thing. No more children.
我是跟男人出游 看看我能否找到一个
Sure I went out with men after that and if I’d ever found one that…
凯伦 听我说
Karen listen to me. Listen.
我知道
I know.
直到我遇见你 我也认为这是不可能的
Until I met you I didn’t think it was possible either.
我也到军中服务
I enlisted too.
独自一人离开奥勒冈的家
I came out here on my own to get away from my hometown in Oregon.
怎么会
How come?
我原本是个女侍
I had a boyfriend.
我男友来自最富裕的家庭
I was a waitress and he was from the richest family in town.
他娶了一个符合地位的女孩
He just married a girl suitable for his position.
当时他已与我交往了三年
After three years of going around with me.
很棒的故事吧 这个故事可以写一本书
It’s a pretty story isn’t it? Maybe they could write a book about it.
写过了 太多人写了
They did. Thousands of them.
所以我离家到了西雅图
So I left and went to Seattle.
我遇见一个从夏威夷回去的女孩
I got there and I met a girl just back from Hawaii
她在那里赚了大钱
and she said she’d made a lot of money working there.
所以我搭上第一班船
So I caught the first boat.
我已经来这里一年两个月
I’ve been here a year and two months.
而你并不喜欢不是吗
You don’t like it very much do you?
我是不喜欢但我并不在意 我不会永远待在这里
Oh I don’t like it but I don’t mind it. Anyway I won’t be here forever.
当然不会 为什么要呢
No. Sure. I mean why should you?
再过一年我就会赚了很多钱
I got it all figured out. In another year I’ll be home
回家去了
with a stocking full of money.
之后我可以重新过生活
And I’ll be all set for life.
哪一位
Who is it?
我没有听到争吵声 所以以为你们也想暍一杯
I didn’t hear no sounds of combat so I thought you might want a drink.
你独占那瓶威士忌 安杰罗
– You’ve been hogging the whiskey Angelo. – Not me buddy.
不是我 是珊卓拉 她是很好可是太会暍酒了
It’s that Sandra. She’s a nice girl but she drinks like a fish.
我希望下面有警♥察♥
I hope there’s a cop under that.
继续倒
Keep pouring. Keep pouring.
不了 谢谢 我不暍酒 我觉得那是个缺点
No thanks. I don’t drink. I think it’s a weakness.
我允许你的看法
I grant you that.
我不喜欢缺点 你呢
I don’t like weakness. Do you?
不喜欢 但我想喝酒
No I don’t like weakness but I like to drink.
你要嫁给这家伙吗
Hey what are you gonna do marry this guy?
你对他笑的样子好像是他老婆
You’re grinning at him like you’re his wife.
滚出去
Get out of here.

Okay okay. I’m goon.
我要回去找长腿珊卓拉
Back to old long-legged Sandra. I love them tall.
我喜欢腿长 绵延不绝
Acres and acres.
好好享受 老兄 你比我更需要这个
Enjoy yourself paisan. You need this more than I do.
明天你得继续接受特训
Tomorrow you’ll be back with the treatment.
他是什么意思
What does he mean?
你在他面前依偎在我身边真好
Hey that was nice before the way you snuggled up in front of him.
什么是特训
What’s a “treatment”?
有些人因为我不打拳
Oh some of the guys putting me over the jumps
所以对我施压
’cause I don’t want to fight.
打拳
Fight?
是的 参加拳击队
Yeah on a boxing team. I don’t want to box.
我不想打拳击
I don’t even want to think about it.
你为什么一定要打拳呢
Well why should you have to box?
我以前是打中量级的
Well see I used to fight.
而且我打得很好
Middleweight. And I was pretty good.
他们大家都知道
They know it. Well anyway…
快点告诉我 我想听
Well come on tell me. I want to hear.
当时我跟一个叫
Well the thing is see…
迪西威尔斯的人练习
I used to work out with this guy Dixie Wells.
他是我的一位好朋友
He was a real good friend of mine.
他很喜欢拳击 外头的人都看好他
Loved to box. People on the outside had their eye on him.
他原本可以晋到最高级
He was gonna come out of the army and go right up to the top.
有天下午 我跟他在健身房♥练习对打
Well one afternoon he and I were sparring around in the gym
你知道 就是友善那种打法
you know kind of friendly-like
他可能是太累了
and he must have been set pretty flat on his feet
因为我不过是
because I caught him with a…
用普通力气打了他一记右拳
No more than ordinary right cross…
他没有爬起来 动也不动
And he didn’t get up he didn’t move.
他昏迷了一个礼拜 最后终于清醒了
He was in a coma for a week and finally he did pull out of it.
可是他却瞎了
Only the thing was that he was blind.
我到医院去看了他几次
Well I went to see him at the hospital a couple of times
后来我再也无法去看他
then finally I just couldn’t go back.
最后一次当我们谈起拳击
The last time he and I started talking about fighting and…
他开始哭
He started to cry.
看着那双瞎了
And seeing tears coming out of those eyes
的眼睛流着泪
that couldn’t see anything.
我应该告诉你 荷姆斯跟他的拳手谈过了
I thought I oughta tell you. Holmes spoke to his boxers last night.
从现在开始 不会对你客气
From now on it’s no holds barred.
他们打算将你逼进禁闭室
They aim to run you right into the stockade if they got to.
任由他们
Let them.
我会帮你 可是我不能太过明显
I’ll help you as much as I can but I can’t get too far out on a limb.
我不会牺牲自己的军阶 我喜欢这个军团
I ain’t risking losing my stripes. I like this outfit.
我也一样 真好笑 不是吗
So do I. That’s funny ain’t it?
是的 是很好笑
Yeah. Yeah that is funny.
保持一直线 普威特
Keep going’ in a straight line Prewitt.
继续走
Keep going
好了 够了
All right that’s enough.
普威特 把它埋了
Okay Prewitt bury it.
我顺利的星期一
My hitch was up Monday
不是个失败的士兵
Not a dog soldier no more
我不再是个士兵
I ain’t a soldier no more
他们给了我所有的钱
They gave me all that money
多到我口袋很沉重
So much my pockets is sore
喔 我口袋很沉重
Oh my pockets is sore
耶 是个男生
Yeah that a boy

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!