Q- U…
…A- R…
…A- N- T…
…I- N- E
隔离
Quarantine.
Q- U- A- R…
…A- N- T…
…I- N- E
隔离
Quarantine.
你知道霍乱吗?
You know the cholera?
知道 妈妈
Yes, Mother.
你见过那些有色人种…
You’ve seen the signs on the houses…
房♥子上的标语吗?
where the coloreds live?
是的 妈妈
Yes, Mother.
你知道斑疹伤寒吗?
You know the typhus?
我知道 妈妈
I do, Mother.
你知道它们能把你怎么样吗?
You know what they can do to you?
是的 妈妈
Yes, Mother.
你不安全
You are not safe.
是你在导演这部片子没错
You may be directing this movie,
不过你要求的 我们做不到
but what you’re asking, we can’t do.
别跟我说做不到
Don’t tell me it can’t be done.
陀螺力太大了
The gyro forces are too much.
你这是让这些飞机做滚筒动作…
You send these planes into barrel rolls…
可根本做不了
they won’t make it.
这是影片的高♥潮♥ 一定要搞定它
It’s the climax of the picture. Make it work.
如果没办法的话降低垂直轨迹
Decrease the vertical trajectory if you have to.
罗纳转子发动机60度不会失速
A Le Rhone rotary won’t stall at 60 degrees.
我们还少两台摄影机
We’re still short two cameras.
我们得删掉一些镜头…
We need to cut that sequence down…
我们什么也不删
We’re not cutting.
摄影机我会搞到 准备好五点排练
I’ll get those cameras. Set up for rehearsals.
我是诺阿·迪特里希
I’m Noah Dietrich.
您办公室的人说可以在这里找到您
Your office said I’d find you here.
迪特里希 你真是不请自来
Dietrich. You’re a man on the come.
我看过你的简历了 也和你的推荐人谈过了
I read your resume, talked to your references.
知道我要找什么样的人吗?
Know what I’m looking for?
你要为休斯工具公♥司♥…
You’re looking for a second-…
找个二把手
…in- command at Hughes Tools.
负责监督…
Someone to oversee the financial…
财务方面状况的人
aspects of the business.
我在找能妥善管理…
I’m looking for somebody to…
我的生意的人
run it and do a good job.
你要知道的只有一件事
There’s only one thing you’ve gotta know.
我的爸妈都已经不在了 所以这都是我的钱
My folks, they’re gone now. So it’s my money.
我用这钱干的事情对于那些…
What I do with that money may seem…
休斯顿的杂种来说可能很疯狂
crazy to those sons of bitches in Houston.
这些事情是很疯狂
I’m sure it does,
但对我来说 都很合情合理 明白吗?
but it all makes good sense to me. You got that?
明白了 – 很好
Got it. – Good.
好 你上一份工作挣多少来着 一年5200美元?
Now, you made, what, $5200 a year at your last job?
我给你一万
I’ll pay you $1 0,000.
那我想我要加倍努力工作了
I guess I’ll be working twice as hard.
你得加四倍努力
You’ll be working four times as hard.
我是用半价来雇用你
I just got you at half price.
欢迎加入 – 谢谢您
Welcome aboard. – Thank you.
你现在是我的代言人 让他们搞清楚这点
You’re my voice now. Make them understand that.
有些家伙还管我叫”小子”
Some of those folks still call me Junior.
你告诉他们现在是”休斯先生”了
You tell them it’s “Mr. Hughes” now.
包在我身上 那我们什么时候去休斯顿?
You bet. So when do we go to Houston?
我们不去
We don’t.
1913的霍乱大流行 死了2000人
Cholera epidemic in 1 91 3. Two thousand dead.
整个地方除了引发瘟疫的沼泽没别的
Whole place is nothing but pestilential swamp.
斑疹伤寒 疟疾 霍乱 黄热病
Typhus, malaria, cholera, yellow fever.
你能说出来的 那儿应有尽有
You name it, they got it.
看见了吗 迪特里希先生?
You see that, Mr. Dietrich?
你现在正看着的是整个世界上…
You are looking at the largest private…
最大的私人空军
air force in the entire world.
你对这个有什么看法?
What do you think of that, now?
都是您的钱
It’s your money.
启动!
Start them up!
地狱天使 拍摄第一年
椰子林餐厅
我看了托德·布朗宁新片的样片
I saw the rough cut of the new Tod Browning movie,
《午夜雾都》
London After Mdnight.
朗·钱尼让人难以置信
Lon Chaney is incredible.
这是他最棒的表演
It’s his best performance in a long time.
肯定会很卖♥♥座 表演非常棒
It’s gonna be a big hit. The cards are great.
应该会…
It’s supposed to be…
你好 梅尔先生
Hello, Mr. Mayer.
我不知道你还记不记得我
I don’t know if you remember me.
我叫霍华德·休斯
My name’s Howard Hughes.
不知可不可以占用你一点时间
I was wondering if I could have a moment.
噢 霍华德·休斯 那部飞机电影 对吗?
Oh, Howard Hughes. The airplane picture?
一点没错
Exactly.
我记得 – 地狱天使 你听说过的
I remember. – Hell’s Anels. You heard of it.
很好 – 是啊
Good. – Yes.
不知可不可以…
I was wondering if I could…
占用你一点时间
have a moment of your time.
我需要几部摄影机
I need a few cameras.
是吗? – 是的 准确点说 是两部
Yeah? – Yeah, two, to be exact.
我把所有能找到的摄影机都买♥♥下来了
I bought every camera I could find.
我们正在拍摄宏大的空战场面
We’re shooting our big dogfight sequence.
我还需要两台 非常急切
I need two more. Desperately.
你觉得米高梅公♥司♥能帮这个忙吗?
You think MGM could help me out?
帮什么?
With what?
摄影机 – 噢 是摄像机…
Cameras. – Oh, with the actual cam…
我们一般来说不会帮助…
We’re not usually in the practice…
我们的竞争对手
of helping out competition.
不 不 – 那你现在有多少台?
No. No. – So how many cameras do you have now?
24台
Twenty- four.
你…? 等一等
You…? Wait a minute.
你有24台摄影机? – 没错
You have 24 cameras? – That’s right.
你还…你还需要两台? – 对
And you need…? You need two more? – Yeah.
你觉得24台还不够? – 不够 不够
You don’t think you got it with 24? – No. No, sir.
你看 我想… 我想我们的摄影机…
You know, I think… I think we’ve got them all…
我们没有在… 都正在用着 对吗?
Don’t we have them… They’re all used, right?
所有26台摄影机都用着呢 – 我只需要两台 先生
All 26 of them. – I only need two, sir.
我的天哪 小子 – 我叫霍华德
Jesus Christ, sonny. – Howard.
霍华德 我来给你个小建议 好吗?
Howard. Let me give you a little advice, huh?
把你的石油金元… – 钻头
Take your oil money… – Drill bits.
好吧 把你的钻头金元…
All right, take your drill- bit…
存进银行
money and put it in the bank.
如果你继续这么拍电影的话…
If you continue making the movie the way you are…
你就找不到发行商…
there isn’t gonna be a distributor…
你会发现根本 没人想看这部电影…
you won’t find anybody who wants to see the movie…
而你的石油金元 一个子儿也不剩了
and you’re not gonna have any more oil money.
欢迎来到好莱坞
So welcome to Hollywood.
唔 好的
Yeah. Well,
我肯定会记住的 梅尔先生
I’ll be sure to remember that, Mr. Mayer.
祝你好运 – 好的
Good luck. – All right.
他需要26台? 他一定是疯掉了
He needs 26 to make it work? He’s out of his mind.
我低头看我的裤子
I looked down at my pants.
当时的情况相当奇怪
It was a strange situation.
老板 滚吧 亲爱的 快走吧
Boss. Scram, love boat, let’s go.
再来一杯苏打水 你知道我的意思
Another soda. You know what I mean.
牛奶 瓶装的
Milk. In the bottle.
盖子不要打开
With the cap still on.
那位大人物怎么说?
Okay, what did His Highness say?
那个混♥蛋♥连一台该死的摄影机…
Son of a bitch won’t part…
也不愿意借
with a single goddamn camera.
你为什么不拿现有的将就一下呢
Why don’t you try and make do with what you have.
我现在有的不够 约翰
What I have isn’t enough, John,
就我来看不够
not for how I see it.
你看

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!