I just have to stay focused.
你难道不能同时专注和实际吗
Why can’t you stay focused and realistic at the same time?
这样有什么不好
What’s wrong with that?
拿去吧
Here.
你没事吧 你这样会受伤啦
Whoa! Are you all right, man? You’ll knock yourself out doing that!
-如果你开车时这样怎么办 -我没事
-What if that happens while you’re driving? -I’m fine.
对啦 我不知道 你应该换个医生看看
Uh, yeah, I don’t know. You oughta see another doctor.
我这辈子都在看医生 根本没用
I’ve seen doctors my whole life, Ron. OK? They don’t help.
你不觉得要找个人看看吗
Well, don’t you think you need to see somebody?
我真的不需要
I really don’t!
你就…
So, just.
我又在等电♥话♥响了
Waiting for the phone to ring again.
我想说服自己 有好事会发生
I tried to convince myself something good would happen.
是我弟弟
My kid brother…
我没想到他会来
not exactly what I had in mind.
-你好啊 波波 -杰夫
-How are you doing, Bobo? -Jeff,
你怎么会来 怎么没事先告诉我
what, what are you doing here? Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?
你身上穿的是短裤耶
You know you’re in your boxers, right?
是老妈叫你来查我的勤吗
Did, ah, Mom send you to check up on me?
干嘛 你需要别人查勤
Why? You need checking up on?
不是啦 就…
No, but…
-我的东西要放哪儿 -很好 你睡沙发
-Where do I put my stuff? -That’s great. You get the couch.
这高尔夫球杆不错 新的吗
Whoa! Nice clubs, are these new?
都是老爸的 他借我用
Ah. They’re Dad’s, he let me borrow them.
我想找你去打打高尔夫球
Thought maybe you and I could, ah, play a little golf.
他让我们去他那个俱乐部打
He got us a tee-time at his club.
你觉得怎样 这里要用3号♥铁杆
So, what do you think? Three iron from here, little bro?
对了 谢谢你带我来打球
Hey, by the way, thanks for the round.
要谢就谢老爸吧 等一下…
Thank Dad. Oh, wait, forgot…
我忘了你们不讲话
…you guys aren’t speaking.
我现在不想提到老爸
I don’t want to talk about Dad right now.
你这样讲只是想激我啦
You’re just saying that to rattle me
我一定会赢你
because you know I’m going to beat you.
我是认真的 你跟爸该和好了啦
I’m serious, Brad, you and Dad gotta start getting along.
我们处得很好啊
We get along fine
只要保持够远的距离就好了
as long as we keep it long distance.
所以你才搬来这里吗 为了保持够远的距离
Is that why you moved down here? To keep it long distance?
你没什么好向他证明的吧
I mean, it’s not like you have anything to prove to him right?
现在怎样你改当心理医生了 杰夫医生
What are you now, Jeff, a shrink? Dr. Jeff, huh?
不好意思
I’m sorry, sir?
请你别再发出那种怪声
I’m going to have to ask you to stop making those noises.
老兄 他不是故意的 他有…
Look, pal. He’s not doing it on purpose, he’s got…
没关系 我自己来就好了
No, no, no. I can handle it, Jeff.
这样对其他要打球的人不公平
Look, it’s just not fair to the other golfers.
我懂 只是我不能不发出怪声
No, I understand, that, umm, I can’t help making these noises
因为我有妥瑞症
because I have Tourette Syndrome.
这是一种神经性疾病 我来解释给你听
It’s a neurological disorder I’d like to tell you about it.
我要请你离开这个球场
You’re gonna have to leave the course.
我要替其他会员着想
I gotta think of the other members.
乔 别为难他了 他很好啦
Hey, Joe. Leave the guy alone. He’s fine.
我们两个打球 约好的朋友没来
Hey, man. We’re a twosome and our buddies don’t appear to be showing.
要不要跟我们一起
Would you like to join us?
-如果你不走 我就要叫警卫了 -好啦
-lf you don’t leave, I’m going to have to call security. -OK, OK. Umm…
好 谢谢 明年再看看吧
OK. Thanks, guys. Maybe next year, all right?
杰夫 我们走
Jeff, come on.
走了啦
Come on, buddy.
谢谢
Thanks.
好了啦 杰夫 这种场面你又不是没见过
Come on, Jeff, it’s not like you haven’t seen it before.
大家都这么无知 你怎么受得了生活在这种世界
How can you stand living in a world where everybody’s so ignorant?
又不是每个人都这样 你也看到刚才那两个打球的人
Everybody’s not. You saw those golfers back there.
他们还帮我讲话 我的人生中到处都有那样的人
They went to bat for me. My life is full of people like that.
我就很少遇到好人了
That’s not always been my experience.
那是因为你老是为了挺我而打架
Well, that’s because you’re always getting into fights sticking up for me.
你和妈都是 你们老是在维护我
You and mom. You’ve always been there for me and my tics.
-你知道吗 -怎样
-You know what? -What?
我开始觉得你很烦了
You’re beginning to”tick” me off…
-比赛看谁先到车上 -是吗
-race you to the car. -Oh, yeah?
-什么 -笨蛋
-What! Hey! HEY! -Sucker!
杰夫的来访让我暂时忘却烦恼
Jeff’s visit did give me a break from my worries.
在他走后 我就接到学校的来电
And, right after he left, I got a call from the school.
校长要我去见他
The principal wanted to see me in his office.
跟小时候一样
Just like old times.
满吵的吧
Pretty noisy, huh?
但小朋友们都能接受 不是吗
And yet somehow the kids manage, don’t they?
是啊
Yes, they do.
他们都能接受
They do.
我和希乐莉跟老师们讨论过你
Hilarie and I discussed you with the teachers.
聊到我们有多骄傲能教学生
And, we talked about how proud we are of teaching our kids
永远不让任何事妨碍他们的人生
to never let anything hold them back in life.
希乐莉说如果要教学生
And, Hilarie said that if we’re gonna talk the talk,
我们就得以身作则
we need to walk the walk.
她在等着带你去参观教室
She’s waiting to show you your classroom.
欢迎你
Welcome.
二年级人很多 所以要多开一班
Second grade is overcrowded so we’ve had to create a new class.
你的学生都是从别班调来的
Your kids are being taken out of other rooms
有几个还搞不清楚状况
so some of them might be a little confused.
他们已进来这间学校三个礼拜了
They’ve already been in school for three weeks.
你的学生名单在那里
There’s your student roster.
礼拜一就开始上课 有什么需要尽管告诉我
The fun starts Monday, Brad. Let me know if there’s anything you need.
我什么都需要
I need everything.
我低头看着那份学生名单
I looked down at that roster like I was announcing
就好像在宣布 明星棒球队的先发球员名单
the starting line-up for an all star baseball game.
-希乐莉 这是 谢谢你…-我们想说你可能会需要这些
-Hilarie, this is, thank you…-Hey! We thought you might need these.
各位 都搬进来吧
Hey, everybody, bring them in.
先随便放 放好再来整理
Just put them down anywhere. We’ll get them arranged.
给我 我来帮忙 谢谢
Here, let me help you with that. Thank you!
欢迎光临山景小学
Welcome to Mountain View.
对 妈 这真是太好了 但 你知道
Yeah, Mom, it’s phenomenal, but, you know,
我好不容易才有这一天
it’s taken me so long to get here I still have to remind myself
我还得提醒自己一切才刚开始
that I’m just at the beginning.
宝贝 这是个天大的好消息 太好了
Honey, that is, that is wonderful news! That’s wonderful.
对 是很好
It is absolutely wonderful,
但他们只跟我签约一年
but, you know, they’ve only given me a contract for a year. OK?
我还是要证明他们没看错人
I still have to prove to them that they made the right choice
宝贝 你先享受这一刻吧
Honey, listen, just take a moment to enjoy this.
天哪 我…
Oh my gosh. Oh my…
你有没有跟你♥爸♥讲 他一定会很骄傲的
Did you call your father? He is gonna be so proud of you.
我会告诉他啦
I will, Mom.
但现在我要在两天之内
But, you know, right now,
准备好两个礼拜要做完的事
I literally have about two weeks of preparation to do in about two days.
既然我找到工作了
And, ah, you know, now that I have the job,
我就要认真开始进修硕士学位
I gotta really seriously start working on getting my Master’s degree.
好啦 一次做一件事
OK, one thing at a time, all right?
学校里有没有漂亮的女老师
Listen. Are there any cute teachers at that school?
-妈 -怎样 我只是希望你快乐啊
-Mom! -What? I want you to be happy.
好啦
OK, all right, yes.
放心吧 我也有在想 先这样了 再见
Don’t worry I’m working on that, too. I gotta go. Goodbye.
婚友联谊网
你是布莱德吧
You must be Brad…
你是南西吧
You must be Nancy.
嗨 我是布莱德
Hi, I’m Brad.
我知道
I know.
对啦 我只是有点紧张
Right. Of course. I guess I’m a little nervous.
请坐
Please.
这是我第一次网络交友 所以…
This is my first time computer dating. So…
对 我也是 我妈觉得很危险
Oh, yeah. Me too. My mom thinks it’s dangerous.
是啊 谁知道你会遇到什么怪人
Well, yeah, I mean, you never know what kind of weirdo you might meet.
但你看起来满正常的
But you look pretty normal. So…
是喔 那就好
Good, I’m glad.
其实你比正常更好啦
Actually, look much better than normal.
谢谢你
Thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!