开火!
Fire!
开火!
Fire!
长官!那是雷诺兹将军!
Sir, it’s General Reynolds.
谢天谢地
Thank God.
战况如何,约翰?
What goes, John?
损失惨重!
There’s the devil to pay!
还能坚守吗? – 估计可以
Can you hold? – I reckon I can.
上尉,尽可能快马赶往米德将军处
Captain, ride as fast as you can to General Meade.
告诉他敌军正大举进发
Tell him the enemy is advancing in strong force.
我恐怕他们会赶在我们之前进占镇外的高地
I’m afraid they’ll get to the heights beyond the town before we will.
我们会在这跟他们战斗,寸土必争,必要时会通过这镇
We’ll fight them here, inch by inch, through the town if necessary.
是,长官 – 中尉
Yes, sir. – Lieutenant.
到镇里告诉人们不要外出,尤其是孩子们
Go into town, tell the people to stay in off of the streets, especially children.
今天这里应会有一场颇大的恶斗
There’s liable to be a fair-sized dispute here today.
乔,你戴着这玩意怎能看得见东西?
Joe, how can you see anything with those things on?
将军,见到您太高兴了
General. Damn glad to see you.
第1军快到了,第11军紧随其后
First corps is coming up. The 11th is right behind it.
干得好,约翰 – 谢谢
Good job, John. – Thank you.
我想他们到现在还不知道要对付的是什么
I don’t think they knew until now what they were up against.
现在你到这了,他们仍然不知道
Now that you’re here, they still don’t know.
嗯,他们会回来的,好得很
Well, they’ll be coming back. Very good.
赫思到这里时会以为对付的是两个疲惫的骑兵旅
Heth’ll come in here thinking he’s up against two tired cavalry brigades.
其实他要对付的是联邦两个军的新锐步兵
Instead he’ll be hitting two corps of fresh Union infantry.
对,长官 可怜的哈里
Yes, sir. Poor Harry.
我们一布置好,你就可以把你的手下开进来
You can pull your boys out as soon as we set up.
把他们安置在我的两翼 两翼都有精锐的骑兵
Put them out on my flanks. Good cavalry on both flanks.
是,长官 嗯,约翰,我从来都不愿意…
Yes, sir. Well, John, most of my life I’ve been leery…
…跟上峰打交道的
…about the appearance of high command.
可是,约翰,我的确很高兴跟您见面
But, John, I sure am glad to see you.
先生们,布阵
Gentlemen, place the troops.
呃,约翰…你不是说赫思部的1万人正从那条路赶来吗?
Now, John…Heth probably has 10,000 men coming down that road, wouldn’t you say?
是的,长官,而且在他身后还有更多的军队
Yes, sir. But there’ll be more behind him.
我们在战场中还能投入2万士兵 形势对我们很有利,我觉得
We can put almost 20,000 in the field. We’re in good shape, I think.
暂时是这样的,长官
For a while, sir.
我已通知所有指挥官以最快速度赶到这里
I’m sending messages to all commanders to come here with all possible speed.
这是个很好的地方
It’s lovely ground.
我也这么想,长官
I thought so, sir.
我们现在去给哈里•赫思一个惊喜吧
Now let’s go surprise Harry Heth.
驾!
Come on.
赫思将军 – 长官,请求汇报
General Heth. – Sir. I beg to report.
说吧
Yes.
非常奇怪,长官 情况很混乱
Very strange, sir. The situation is very confused.
怎么了?
What happened?
今天早晨我按命令行动
I moved in this morning, as directed.
我以为只是一些民兵 但却碰到了下马骑兵,长官
I thought it was only a few militia, but it was dismounted cavalry, sir.
人数不是很多,但他们却不肯后退
There weren’t all that many, and the boys wouldn’t hold back.
我以为我们不会因为这么点儿下马骑兵而停止前进…
I thought we shouldn’t be stopped by a few dismounted cavalry…
…但他们作战非常英勇
…but they made a good fight.
他们真的是拼命了,长官
They really put up a scrap, sir.
继续,将军
Go on, general.
没办法,长官,他们不肯离开
Well, sir, they wouldn’t leave.
我们的士兵最终击退了他们
My boys got their dander up.
我命令整个师追击他们
We deployed the whole division and went after them.
正在追击的时候对方…
We just about had them running then all of a sudden…
…突然得到了步兵的支援
…they got infantry support.
我试图继续推进
We got pushed back.
我们发动了多次冲锋 我们不能就这样把他们留在那,长官
Then we re-formed and tried again. We couldn’t just leave it to them, sir.
现在,越来越多的北方佬赶来了 我不知道具体数量
Now there’s more Yankee infantry coming. I don’t know how many.
现在我真不知道该怎么办了
But I don’t know what else we could’ve done.
开始的时候只是和一小股民兵作战
It started as a minor scrap with a few militia.
但接下来,我发现我和半个联邦军队接上了火
The next thing I know, I’m tangling with half the Union army.
战争总是千变万化的,赫思先生 这就是为什么我们要讲纪律
Things will get out of control, Mr. Heth. That is why we have orders.
有没有可能你弄错情况了? – 没有,长官
Is it possible you misunderstood? – No, sir.
你能确认敌军的番号♥么?
Can you identify those people?
黑帽旅即钢铁旅,因头戴有别于其它联邦军部队的1858式哈迪帽也被称为黑帽旅
步兵是第1军的黑帽旅
The infantry is the First Corps, the Black Hats.
还有另外一个赶来的军无法确认番号♥
There’s another corps coming that we haven’t identified.
我必须尽可能多的掌握敌军军力的情况
I must have all possible information on enemy strength.
泰勒少校,你立刻到一个视线好的地方看看
Major Taylor, I want you to ride forward to the highest position and observe.
要小心 – 是,长官
And do be careful. – Yes, sir!
长官,我可以进攻么? – 不行,先生
Sir, shall I attack? – No, sir.
我们还没有做好战斗准备
We are not ready for full engagement.
朗斯特里特将军和他的军还没有上来
General Longstreet is not up with his corps.
长官,敌军现在还很混乱
Sir, the enemy is disorganized.
如果我们把所有兵力都投入战场我们可以获得绝对优势
If we throw all our forces in the field, we will have the advantage.
那是我们的炮兵吗?
Is that our artillery?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
不知道斯图尔特将军那边到底怎么了
I can’t imagine what has happened to General Stuart.
什么消息也没有,你明白吗? – 是的,长官
I’ve heard nothing. Do you understand? – Yes, sir.
我对前方的敌情完全不了解 说不定整个联邦军队都在前面
I have no idea of what lies in front of me. It may be the entire Federal army.
长官,巴比特上校的报告
Sir, compliments of Colonel Babbit.
叛军从北边上来了 有何指示,长官?
Rebels are coming from the north. Your instructions, sir?
一定是尤厄尔的军 他们妄图从侧翼进攻
That’ll be Ewell’s corps. They’re trying to flank us.
我们必须正面和他交战把他们逼到防线前面来
We got to meet them and force them to go on line.
告诉德温上校以最快速度去那边阻击他们
Tell Colonel Devin to get up that way as quick as he can.
让甘布尔的部队立刻投入战斗
We’ll get Gamble’s boys back in the saddle and be there shortly.
罗兹将军遭遇了北方骑兵
Gen. Rodes has encountered Yankee cavalry.
是布福德旅
Buford’s brigades.
在他后方的厄尔利将军一小时内可以投入战场
General Early’s right behind him and will be on the field within the hour.
厄尔利将军可能在一小时内遭到半个联邦军队的攻击
General Early may be attacked by half the Federal army within the hour.
那是彭德的炮兵吗? – 是的,长官,他上来了,长官
Is that Pender’s artillery? – Yes, sir. He’s up now.
四个炮兵连进入战斗位置还有两个作为预备队
Four batteries in position with two more in reserve.
长官,罗兹将军加上我和彭德从那儿进攻,我们有三个师的兵力
With General Rodes attacking up there and Pender and I, we have three divisions.
我们能够全歼他们
We could sweep them.
将军
General, sir.
我只看到两个北方军,第1军和第11军
I saw only two Federal corps. First and Eleventh.
而且,将军,我看到厄尔利的先头纵队从罗兹防线以北下来了
And, General, I saw Early’s lead columns coming down north of Rodes’ lines.
他随时都可能卷入战斗,长官
He’ll be engaged any minute, sir.
所以,长官,我们有近2万的士兵正在从联邦军防线的后方接近
Sir, we got 20,000 infantry coming down almost behind the Union lines.
这太好了,长官
It’s perfect, sir.
神意如此
God’s will.
先生们,很明显,战斗已经打响了
Gentlemen, it would appear the fight is already underway.
赫思将军,你可以进攻了 – 是
General Heth, you may attack. – sir.
现在我命令所有指挥官:进攻
My orders to all commanders: attack.
开火! – 开火!
Fire! – Fire!
前进,伙计们,前进!
Forward men, final brigade forward!
把这些家伙从树林里赶出去!
Drive those fellas out of that wood!
前进!看在上帝的份儿上,前进!
Forward! For God’s sake, forward!
他死了
He’s dead.
巴尔的摩派克
12英里外
有一件关于这个旅的事:我们有自己的军号♥曲子
One thing about this brigade is we got our own special bugle call.
听说过丹•巴特菲尔德吗?
Ever hear tell of Dan Butterfield?
什么,巴特菲尔德将军?胡克身边那个?
What, General Butterfield? What was with Hooker?
就是那个
That’s the same fellow.
他曾经是我们旅的指挥官 – 他可是个热血中年
He used to be our brigade commander. – Yeah, he was a pistol.
跟着他混是最开心的 – 哦,这我倒是不知道
No man like him for having a good time. – I don’t know about that.
但我知道他很喜欢作军号♥曲
But I know he used to like to write bugle calls.
问题是我们这个单位的曲子太多了
The problem with this army is, we got too many calls.
我们有炮兵号♥,步兵号♥,起床号♥,吃饭号♥,撤退号♥
We got a call for artillery, infantry, get up and eat, retreat.
不管怎么说,老巴特菲尔德为这个旅写了很多首军号♥曲
Anyway, old Butterfield, he wrote a special call for this here brigade.
假设这个旅接到了一个命令 你我这个旅
Say there is an order for this brigade, you and me.
他就会吹响他的军号♥,我们都以为这是给我们的命令,其实并不是
He’ll be blowing his bugle, we will think that order’s for us when it wasn’t.
但我们不管怎样都会执行它,然后我们就遭受到严重的损失
We’ll follow that order anyway, then we’ll be in a world of hurt.
是啊,我曾经遇到过一次 我们那次
Yeah, that happened to me once. Us, that is.
半个团冲锋半个团撤退
Half the regiment charged, the other half retreated.
任君选择
You had your choice.
反正这个旅有自己的军号♥曲
This here brigade got a special call.
你听到那个号♥声,你以为下一个才是给你吹的
You hear that call, you know the next one is for you.
就是这样
It goes like this.
听,这号♥声就好像“丹•巴特菲尔德”
See, the call’s like “Dan Butterfield.”
在战斗当中,我还要记着这个?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!