退出了
quit.
他们辞职了,你看,120个人
They resigned, you see. 120 men.
上校,还好吧? – 是的
Colonel, are you all right? – Yeah.
关键是这些缅因州的伙计们拒绝再作战
The point is, these Maine fellows won’t fight no more.
没人能把他们送回家,也没人知道该拿他们怎么办
Nobody can send them home and nobody knows what to do with them.
直到他们想到了我们…
Until they thought of us…
因为在第5军中,我们是唯一一支缅因人组成的部队
…being as we are the only other Maine regiment in the Fifth Corps.
所以他们被分派到我们这里
So they’ve been assigned to us.
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
我这里有一条新指挥官签发的命令
I have a message here from the new commanding general.
乔治•米德,长官
George Meade, sir.

That’s right.
我们这个军的这个将军…
Our very own general of our very own corps…
…现已晋升为整个军团的指挥官
…has been promoted to command of the whole army.
最后,如果按照他们的行军路线来推算…
The latest, if you keep track of them as they go by.
命令上说,他们将于今天早晨到达并且加入我们
The message says they’ll be arriving this morning and they are to join us.
噢还有,“如果他们拒绝服从命令你可以将他们就地正♥法♥”
Oh. “And if they refuse to follow orders, please feel free to shoot them.”
就地正♥法♥? – 是的,长官
To shoot them? – Yes.
毙了这些缅因人?
These Maine men?
“接到命令之际起,授权你可以处死任何拒绝尽义务的人”
“You are hereby authorized to shoot any man who refuses to do his duty.”
他们都是缅因州的人吗?
Are these all Maine men?
是的,长官,而且他们都是好人
Yes, sir. And fine big fellows they are too.
叛变,我还以为这是海军的专有名词呢
Mutiny. I thought that was a word for the Navy.
我们在日出的时候出发
We’ll move at sunrise.
一天中最好的时刻
It’s a good time of the day.
我一直很喜欢这个时候,黎明到来之前
I always do enjoy this time, just before the dawn.
当这一切都结束之后我会非常想念它的
When all this is over, I shall miss it very much.
长官?
Sir?
我不是指战争
I didn’t mean the fighting.
那么…
Well…
现在所有的事情都由上帝决定了
…it’s all in God’s hands now.
祝美好的一天,长官
Good day, sir.
你也是
Good day to you.
将军,长官
General, sir.
要我叫醒他们吗,长官?要我叫醒他们然后出发吗?
Should I wake them up, sir? Should I get them waked up and get going?
不,莫克斯利
No, Moxley.
让孩子们再睡会儿吧 他们需要睡眠
Let the boys sleep a little longer. They’ll need it.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
囚犯们!往左走!
Prisoners, mark file, left!
缅因第20团有多少人?
How many men do we have now in the 20th Maine?
包括军官,大概有250人,长官
Somewhere around 250, sir, counting the officers.
他妈的我们怎么看得住120人?
How the heck are we supposed to take care of 120 men?
上校,今天会很热的
Colonel, it’s going to be a hot day today.
看来你要与热气同行了,请你骑马吧…
Seeing as you already been down with the heat, will you ride the horse…
…这可是仁慈的上帝赐予的,让我们远离肮脏的尘土
…that the good Lord provided, instead of marching in the dirty dust?
你就走路?
You walked.
伙计,你还在上学的时候我就已经加入步兵了
Darling, I’ve been in the infantry since you was in books.
在走了几千英里之后我的脚已经变得非常的灵活了
After the first few thousand miles, a man gets limber with his feet.
早上好,劳伦斯
Morning, Lawrence.
你好吗?你脸色不太好啊
How are you? You’re looking kind of peaked.
该死的,汤姆,别叫我劳伦斯
Darn it, Tom. Don’t call me Lawrence.
这根本不合理
It doesn’t make sense.
用枪指着他们,让他们去战斗
Hold a gun on a man to get him to fight.
立正!向后转!
Detail, about face.
注意,立正!
Attention, detail!
听到上尉说的了吗! 给我站好!
You heard the captain. Stand at attention!
看守!让这些人站起来!
Guards, get these men back on their feet!
我在找缅因第20团的指挥官
I’m looking for commanding officer, 20th Maine.
你已经找到他了
You found him.
这就是 – 你是张伯伦?
That’s him. – You’re Chamberlain?
你应该称张伯伦上校
Colonel Chamberlain to you.
布鲁尔上尉,长官
Captain Brewer, sir.
来自宾夕法尼亚第118团
118th Pennsylvania.
如果你是指挥官,那我就把这些犯人移交给你了
If you’re the commanding officer, I present you with these prisoners.
他们会很欢迎你的
You’re welcome to them.
上帝作证,我不得不用刺刀逼着他们行军
Lord knows, I had to use the bayonet to keep them moving.
请你签字接收
You have to sign for them.
签吧,中尉
Sign it, lieutenant.
你可以走了,上尉
You are relieved, captain.
你被授权使用任何必要的措施
You are authorized to use whatever force necessary.
如果你想枪毙他们…
You want to shoot them…
…也不是不行
…go right ahead.
没人会说什么
Won’t nobody say nothing.
我说你可以走了,上尉
I said you are relieved, captain.
你的人都可以走了我们不需要看守
You men can leave now. We won’t need any guards.
我的名字叫张伯伦 是缅因第20团的上校
My name is Chamberlain. I’m the colonel of the 20th Maine.
你们什么时候吃的东西?
When did you have something to eat?
他们想用饥饿来打垮我们
They’re trying to break us by not feeding us.
我们还没被打垮
We ain’t broke yet.
我才接到通知说你们会来
They just told me you were coming a little while ago.
我会带着厨师一起走的
I’ll get the cook going.
肉还是冷的,但我们也没时间去烤
The meat may be raw, but there’s no time to cook.
我们今天要走很多路 你们和我们一起走,所以多吃点儿
We’ve got quite a ways to go today. You’ll be coming with us, so eat hearty.
你们会被安置在那些树下面 托兹尔中士,你负责
We’ll set you up in those trees.Sergeant Tozier, see to it.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
那好
Well.
你们先吃,之后我再来听听你们有什么话想说
You boys go eat, then I’ll come over and hear what you have to say.
上校
Colonel.
上校!我们很不满!
Colonel, we’ve got grievances.
这些人选我作为代表
The men elected me to talk for them.
好吧 你跟我来
All right. You come along with me.
其余人继续吃饭 一会儿部队就要出发了
The rest of you boys go eat. We’re gonna get moving in a little bit.
好了,大家走吧
All right, men, on your feet.
哎,劳伦斯- 斯迈尔,别叫我劳伦斯!
Gosh, Lawrence. – Smile. Don’t call me Lawrence.
他们去了么?- 是的,长官
Are they moving? – Yes, sir.
向前,前进
Forward, march.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
用不着这么客气,上校
I don’t feel too kindly, colonel.
嗯…好吧,我通常不是这样的
Yes, well, I’m usually not this informal.
我在前几天才到这里来指挥这个团
I just took command of this regiment a few days ago.
应该有人把我的正装拿来好欢迎你们的到来
Somebody ought to welcome you to my, uh To our outfit.
他们说留住你们是因为你们签订了三年的合同
They tell me they’re holding you fellows because you signed three-year papers.
对不起,你要咖啡吗?
I’m sorry. Would you like some coffee?
确定?
Are you sure?
继续,请坐,你叫…- 巴克林
Go ahead. Sit down, Mister… – Bucklin.
约瑟夫•巴克林
Joseph Bucklin.
听着,上校 我参加过11次战斗
Listen, Colonel. I’ve been in 11 different engagements.
你有多少次?
How many have you been in?
没有你那么多
Not that many.
那不过是些文件
It ain’t the papers.
我做的已经够多了,我们都做了
I done my share. We all have.
他们都是好人 不应该落到这步田地
Damn good men. Shouldn’t be used this way.
看这儿
Look here.
这就是证据
It went clean through.
上校,信使来了
Colonel, we got a courier coming.
听着,上校,我累了
Listen, colonel. I’m tired.
知道我什么意思吗?我真的累了
You know what I mean? I’m tired.
我在这些军队中服役,在这些军官手下服役…该死的胡克,还有这个该死的笨蛋米德
I’ve had all this army, all these officers… This damn Hooker, this damn idiot Meade.
所有这些人,这些挨千刀脑子有病大腹便便的混♥蛋♥
All of them. The whole bloody, lousy mess of sick brained, potbellied scareheads.
他们根本不配做指挥官
They ain’t fit to lead a johnny detail.
他们根本就不像报纸上说得那样英明神武
They ain’t fit to pour pee out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
我累了
I’m tired.
我们都是好人,而且我们有自己的信念
We are good men and we had our own good flag.
这些该死的笨蛋对我们猪狗不如
These damn idiots used us like we were cows or dogs or worse.
这场战争我们赢不了
We ain’t gonna win this war.
有这些西点军校出来的白♥痴♥在我们是绝对不可能赢的
We can’t win with these lame brained bastards from West Point.
这些该死的绅士!该死的军官!
These damn gentlemen. These officers!
信使,长官
The courier, sir.
等我回来
Don’t go away.
张伯伦上校,长官
Colonel Chamberlain, sir.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!