In the middle of a fight, I’m supposed to remember that?
你记得住的,这个很易记
You can remember that. That’s easy to remember.
巴特菲尔德,他写了很多首军号♥曲
Butterfield, he wrote a lot of bugle calls.
你听过《巴特菲尔德催眠曲》吗?
You ever hear “Butterfield’s Lullaby”?
巴特菲尔德什么?
Butterfield’s what?
上校
Colonel, sir.
请你原谅
Begging the colonel’s pardon.
但你能帮我个忙吗?请回去骑上那匹该死的马好吗?
But would the colonel please do us a favor and get back on the damned horse?
我要告诉你,长官,指挥这些新兵不是一件容易的事情…
I’ll tell you, sir, it’s not easy handling these new recruits…
…当他们觉得你跟他们没什么区别的时候就会不听话了,长官
…when the officers act like they ain’t got any sense, sir.
请让路,请让开!
Make way, make way!
劳伦斯,长官
Lawrence, sir.
我们今天已经走了20英里了
We’ve gone over 20 miles today.
我们这五天已经走了100英里了,长官
We’ve gone over 100 miles in five days, sir.
有事情要发生了
There’s something going on.
文森特上校,长官 – 张伯伦先生
Col. Vincent, sir. – Chamberlain.
你是从很远的鲍登学院来的,对吧?
Far cry from Bowdoin College, isn’t it?
没有哈佛远
No farther than Harvard Yard.
的确 如果幸运的话,我们都能再见到我们的母校
Indeed. With luck, we’ll both see our alma maters again.
现在,上校,请尽所能的急行军
In the meantime, colonel, you move your boys along as best you can.
在葛底斯堡已经有两个军接战了
Two corps have engaged at Gettysburg.
所以在到那之前,我们必须昼夜兼程
So we’ll keep going through dark and on until we get there.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
一路平安
Godspeed.
开火!
Battery, fire!
他们在逃跑!他们在逃跑!
They’re running! They’re running!
彭德将军报告敌人正在后撤
General Pender begs to report that the enemy is falling back.
他们正在逃跑 – 非常好,中尉
They’re on the run. – Very well.
厄尔利将军报告:敌军左翼…
General Early says the enemy’s caved in…
…被击溃,他们正返回葛底斯堡
…on the left flank, going back to Gettysburg.
全都跑了 – 非常好,谢谢你,下士
They’re all running. – Very well. Thank you,corporal.
亨利,我要你去告诉希尔将军的炮兵
Henry,I want you to find General Hill’s chief of artillery.
告诉他我要轰击那座山 集中全部火力
Tell him I want fire placed on that hill. As much fire as possible.
是,长官 – 非常好
Yes, sir. – Very well.
泰勒少校 – 是,长官
Major Taylor. – Yes, sir.
我要你亲自把这个消息送去
I want you deliver this message in person.
找到尤厄尔将军告诉他联邦军已经混乱了
Find General Ewell tell him the Federal troops are withdrawing in confusion.
为了夺得高地我们必须继续压制敌军
We must only push those people in order to gain the heights.
告诉他,如果可能的话,占领那座山头 就是城镇那边的那座
Tell him to take that hill, if practical. The one beyond the town.
清楚了吗?
Do you understand?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
很好
Very well.
恭喜你,将军
Congratulations, general.
我想让你看看这个
I want you to see this.
简直是第二次马纳萨斯战役再演
It’s like second Manassas all over again.
如果我们能够计划好的话应该可以做得更好
Couldn’t have worked better if we’d planned it.
我希望我们能在黄昏的时候拿下那座山头
If we can take that hill, I want it occupied by nightfall.
长官,联邦军撤退到了葛底斯堡的后面
Sir, the Federal army has fallen back through Gettysburg.
他们在城外的山上重整部队
They’re reforming on the ridges outside of town.
很好
Very well.
简直完美 我们把他们赶到了我们设想的位置
This is almost perfect. We got them where we want them.
让我们从东、南两个方向挺进,插到他们和林肯之间…
Let’s move south and east, get between them and Lincoln…
…占领一些高地…
…find some high ground…
…这样他们就不得不进攻
…and they’ll have to hit us.
然后我们就可以击溃他们了,将军
Then we have them, general.
你是说现在脱离战场?
You mean disengage?
我一直在想…
I’ve always been under the impression…
…为了尽量减少军队的损失 我们的策略一直是:在一个合适的地方…
…that it was our strategy to conduct a defensive campaign wherever possible…
…进行一场防御战
…in order to keep the army intact.
的确,但是现在状况不一样了
Granted, but the situation has changed.
怎么不一样了? – 我们已经迫使他们后退了
How? – We already pushed them back.
他们跑了,离开了那座城镇
They’re on the run, vacating the town.
我们怎么才能在敌人的眼皮子底下从东、南方向脱离战场?
How can we move off in the face of the enemy?
马歇尔少校? – 到,长官
Major Marshall? – Yes, sir.
我命令轰炸那座山头但到现在都没听到炮声
I ordered firing on that hill, but no cannons are firing.
再传达一次,并问明原因 – 我立刻就去,长官
Send over and find out why. – I’ll see to it, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
你在想什么,将军?
What are you thinking, general?
也许我们不该在这里开战
Maybe we should not have fought here.
我知道,但我们占了上风 士兵们占了上风
I know that. But we have prevailed. The men have prevailed.
我们的士兵向来如此
They’ve always done that.
但是到了早晨敌军的人数可能超过我们…
But in the morning, we may be outnumbered…
…而且他们会以高地的壕沟作为掩护
…and they’ll be entrenched on the high ground.
你我都清楚,我们从不关心人数上的对比
You know as well as I, we’ve never been concerned with being outnumbered.
那倒是,长官,你是对的
That is true. You are right.
如果我们从南方挺进华盛顿,他们就不得不尾随我们
If we move south to Washington, they have to pursue us.
那样我们就可以在自己选择的地方开战了
Then we can fight on ground of our choosing.
但是敌人在这里
But the enemy is here.
我们不想打,但战斗已经在这里打响了
We did not want the fight, but the fight is here.
如果我现在下令撤退,我如何面对那些今天拼死作战的士兵们所取得的战果?
How can I ask this army to retreat in the face of what they’ve done this day?
不是撤退,长官 是重新部署
Not retreat, sir. Re-deploy.
我们的大炮或者尤厄尔的部队可以逼他们撤离那座山头
Our guns will move them off that hill or Ewell will push them off.
如果明天米德赶来了,我不会让这支军队离开
But if Meade is there tomorrow, I can’t move this army away.
我会向他们发起进攻
I will attack him.
如果明天米德赶来了,唯一的原因就是他希望我们发起进攻
If Meade is up there tomorrow, it is because he wants us to attack him.
我们确实击退了两个军,但是明天有五个军会赶来
We pushed back two corps, but there are five more coming.
将军,我会尽快把我的部队带上来
General, I will bring up my boys as soon as I can.
很好
Very well.
将军? – 长官?
General? – Sir?
你那个哈里森,就那个演员,他说的非常正确
Your man Harrison, the actor, he was quite correct.
如果不是他,我们的整支部队可能已被全歼了
Had it not been for him, this entire army might have been destroyed in detail.
联邦军可能在我们调转方向的时候在此等着我们
The Federal force might’ve been here waiting when we turned around.
我非常感激你,将军
I’m deeply grateful to you, sir.
你们好啊
Hello, men.
你们哪一部分的?
What outfit are you with?
“弓兵”旅,赫思师
Archer’s brigade, Heth’s division.
你从哪儿来? – 田纳西
Where you from? – Tennessee.
你呢?
How about you?
缅因
Maine.
我从未去过田纳西
I’ve never been to Tennessee.
我也从没有去过缅因
I reckon I’ve never been to Maine neither.
我不是对你们这些战士无礼…
I don’t mean no disrespect to you fighting men…
…但有些时候我是真搞不明白你们为什么要打这场战争?
…but sometimes I can’t help but figure, why are you fighting this war?
你为什么要打?
Why are you fighting it?
当然是解放那些黑奴以及捍卫联邦
To free the slaves, of course. And to preserve the Union.
我不知道别人怎样,但我不是为了黑鬼战斗
I don’t know about other folk, but I ain’t fighting for no darkies.
我为我的权利而战
I’m fighting for my rights.
我们都是为了这个而战
That’s what we’re all fighting for.
为了什么?
For your what?
为了我们的权利
For our rights.
为什么你们这些人不能过你们自己想过的生活…
Why can’t you folks live the way you want to live…
…而让我们过我们自己想过的生活呢?
…and let us live the way we do?
“生存也让别人生存”我听有人说过这句话
“Live and let live,” I hear some folks say.
如果大家都把这句话放在心上就不会有这些乱七八糟的事情了
Be a mite less fuss and bother if more folks took it to heart.
你在哪儿被俘的?
Where’d you get captured?
葛底斯堡西边那条截断的铁路上
Railroad cut west of Gettysburg town.
那可不是一个好地方
It wasn’t a pretty sight.
很多人在那里失去了年轻和有前途的生命
Many a good boy lost a young and promising life.
一些穿蓝色军装的人,一些穿灰色的
Some wore blue, some wore gray.
看够了这场战争了吧?
Seen enough of this war?
我想我看够了
I guess I have.
我想我也是
I guess I have too.
看来剩下的日子里,我只能隔岸观火了
It looks like I’ll be sitting out the rest of it.
谢谢你和我说话
I appreciate you talking to me.
咱们地狱见,北方佬
See you in hell, Billy Yank.
咱们地狱见,小叛徒
See you in hell, Johnny Reb.
我找到一个约翰•亨利,长官
I have found a John Henry, sir.
约翰什么?
John who?
一个叫约翰•亨利的,长官,一个逃亡者 我听到他的尖叫声
A John Henry, sir. A runaway. I heard him a groaning.
他受伤了吗?
Is he wounded?
不太清楚

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!