跟1940年来自希♥特♥勒♥的一样严重
As big a threat as hitler was in 1940,
可能更严重
If not worse!
人们那时候相信我 现在也会相信我
The people trusted me then, they’ll trust me now.
现在不一样了 战争改变了一切
Things are different now. the war has changed everything.
有些东西可能变了
Certain things may change,
我没有
I do not.
这就是人们要的
That’s the people want
有经验的政♥府♥的力量和安全
The strength and security of experienced government.
谢谢你的建议 克莱米.
Thank you for your advice, Clemmie.
基于此 我不会理会
In this instance I shall not heed it.
朋友们我得告诉你们
“my friends I must tell you
社♥会♥主♥义♥政策与英国理念中的自♥由♥
That a socialist policy is abhorrent
格格不入
To the british ideas of freedom.
没有社♥会♥主♥义♥政♥府♥能允许
No socialist government could afford
自♥由♥ 犀利 和激烈的措辞
To allow free, sharp or violently- worded expressions
来表达公众的不满
Of public discontent.
他们会回到
They would have to fall back on some
盖世太保的时代
Form of gestapo- –
当然开始时会以仁慈的方式
No doubt very humanely directed- – ”
-这是胡说八道 -来引诱
– that’s bollocks! bollocks. -” in the first instance.
这能扼杀还处于萌芽状态的意见
And this would nip opinion in the bud.
让社♥会♥主♥义♥梦想家呆在他们的乌托邦
Leave these socialist dreamers to their utopias- –
或噩梦里
Or their nightmares.
让我们保证勇士归来的家园
Let us make sure that the cottage home
笼罩在
To which the warrior will return is blessed
朴素但坚实的繁荣里
With modest but solid prosperity,
保卫它远离不幸
Well fenced and guarded against misfortune,
让英国人♥民♥始终能为自己
And that britons remain free to plan their lives
也为所爱的人
For themselves
自♥由♥安排生活
And for those they love.”
昨晚我收听首相的演讲
“when I listened to the prime minister’s speech last night,
其中他歪曲了
In which he gave such a travesty
工党的政策
Of the policy of the labour party,
我立刻意识到了他的意图
I realized at once what was his object.
他害怕在战时接受他领导的人
He feared lest those who had accepted his leadership at war
会被引诱忘记感恩
Might be tempted out of gratitude
而不在继续追随他
To follow him further.
我感谢他
I thank him
让他们这么彻底地
For having disillusioned them
对他失望
So thoroughly.”
他来了
Ah, good. there he is.
妈妈呢
Where’s mama?
她大概忘东西了
She must have forgotten something.
我去看看 克莱米
I’ll go and have a look. Clemmie!
克莱米
Clemmie!
克莱米
Clemmie!
你在做什么
What are you doing?
我在跟这风景道别
I’m just saying goodbye to the view.
今天早上它特别好看
It looks lovely this morning.
是的
Yes.
东西都收拾好了
Everything’s packed.
大家都准备好了在等你
Everyone’s ready and waiting.

Right.
-怎么了 -没怎么
– What’s wrong? – Nothing.
-有什么事 -没事
– what is it? – nothing.
告诉我 求你了
Tell me, please.
我害怕回去
I dread going back.
我怕
I dread it.
我们会回来的
We’ll come again.
我保证
I promise.
我们明年秋天就回来
We’ll come back next autumn.
我们可以去里维埃拉
We can go to the Riviera
或者蒙特卡洛 借一幢别♥墅♥
Or Monte Carlo, borrow somebody’s villa.
-温斯顿 -或者我们可以回到这里
– Winston. – Or we can come back here.
你喜欢这里 对吗
You like it here, don’t you?
我们去哪儿都行
It doesn’t matter where we go.
是的 没错
Yes. you’re right, it doesn’t.
我们就呆在查特维尔 更好
We could stay at Chartwell- – even better.
你真的不明白 是吗
You really don’t understand, do you?
在唐宁街再干五年你会没命
Another five years in downing street could kill you…
胡说 我从没感觉这么好过
Nonsense. I’ve never felt better.
我也会
…and me.
为什么
Why?
你是希望我输掉竞选吗
Are you saying you want me to lose the election?
不 当然不是
No no, of course not.
-难以置信 -真不是
– I don’t believe it. – I don’t.
我想象了将来的样子
I look into the future
它吓到我了
And it frightens me.
南哈默史密斯 工党胜
Hammersmith south- – labour gain.
维根 工党胜
Wigan- – labour gain.
南利兹 工党胜
Leeds south- – labour, no change.
弗尼斯巴罗 工党胜
Barrow- in- furness- – labour gain.
莱恩纽卡斯尔 工党胜
Newcastle- under- lyne- – labour gain.
东富勒姆 工党胜
Fulham east- – labour gain.
十分抱歉 阁下
I’m dreadfully sorry, sir.
他们完全有权利按意愿投票
They’re perfectly entitled to vote as they please.
毕竟这是民♥主♥
This is democracy, after all.
正是我们所一直争取的
That’s what we’ve been fighting for.
阁下 这是我的义务
It is my duty, sir,
正式向您辞去首相的职位
Formally to tender my resignation as your minister,
并向您推荐艾德里先生
And to advise you to invite mr. Attlee
组建新政♥府♥
To form a new government.
谢谢 首相先生
Thank you, prime minister.
-请 -谢谢 阁下
– Please. – Thank you, sir.
温斯顿 我希望你接受
Winston, I would like you to accept
嘉德勋位
The order of the garter.
你知道
It is, as you know,
这是君主能授予的最高爵位
The highest order of chivalry a monarch can bestow.
陛下
Your majesty,
我不甚荣幸
I am deeply honored
倍受鼓舞
And very moved,
但我必须拒绝
But I must refuse.
国民已经给了我一个滚蛋勋章
How can I accept the most noble
我怎能接受
Order of the garter when the british people
国王的嘉德勋章
Have given me the order of the boot?

Well, I shall- –
会想念
I shall miss our- –
我们的会面 谈话
Our meetings, our talks.
我觉得
I feel we have- –
我觉得我们已经是朋友了
I feel we’ve become friends.
谢谢您 阁下
Thank you, sir.
我也有同感
I feel that too.
阁下 看看谁来了
Look who’s here, sir.
阁下
Sir!
-您好 阁下 – 卓克
– Hello, sir. – Ah! Jock!
太棒了 很高兴见到你
What a treat! wonderful to see you.
希望没打扰您
I hope I’m not interrupting.
没有 我已跟首长们道别了
No no. I’ve been bidding farewell to the chiefs of staff.
再也不会从这窗户往外望了
Never again shall I look out of this window.
我会想念的
I shall miss it.
威士忌 索耶斯
Scotch, Sawyers.
亲爱的卓克 你好吗
Dear old jock! how are you?
新首相怎么样
How’s the new prime minister?
没想到他会当选
Greatly surprised that he won the election.
是的
Yes.
乔伊·斯大林大叔也没想到
So was uncle joe stalin.
他不明白为什么我们没有作弊
He couldn’t understand why we hadn’t fixed the results.
威士忌 索耶斯 谢谢
Scotch, Sawyers, please.
车马上就到了 阁下
The car’s coming in a minute, sir.
好 好
All right, all right.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!