我本打算晚点告诉你的
I was going to tell you later.
这太玩命了
This is madness.
温斯顿 你身体扛不住的
Winston, you’ll make yourself ill.
我必须得去见美国总统
I have to see the president.
和他在电♥话♥里谈
Talk to him on the telephone.
我必须见到他
I need to meet him face to face.
为什么 你已经够累了
Why? You’re exhausted.
你每天工作16个小时 你不能再
You’re working 16 hours a day. You cannot
他们有人有钱
They have the men. they have the resources.
迄今为止
So far we’ve managed
我们都力图避免输了这该死的战争
to avoid losing this damn war.
没有美国的帮助我赢不了
We cannot win it without the americans.
这就是原因
That’s why.
你知道温斯顿要去美国的消息了吗
Now, you know Winston’s going to america.
-是的 我听说了 -我恳请你陪他一起去
– Yes, I heard. – I very much want you to go with him
因为你既是他的医生又是他的朋友
As his doctor and his friend.
有点难 他没让我去
A bit difficult. He hasn’t asked me.
他会的 我可以安排
Well, he will. I can arrange that.
求你了 必须有人照看他
Please. He needs someone to look after him.
他对衣食住行一窍不通
He’s hopeless with ordinary life
对此他什么都不懂
Hopeless. He knows nothing about it.
你相信吗 他从没没坐过公车
Did you know he’s never been on a bus?
他只坐过一次地铁
He’s only been on the underground once
是在大罢♥工♥的时候
That was during the general strike.
他坐地铁饶了一圈又一圈
He went round and round on the circle line,
不知道在哪下车 不得不去人把他带出来
Didn’t know where to get off, had to be rescued.
为什么你不和他一起去
Why don’t you go with him?
这可不是好主意
Oh, that wouldn’t be a good idea.
我去了帮不上忙而只会更麻烦
More of a hindrance than a help.
肯定不会
I’m sure that’s not true.
我觉得会
I think it is.
恐怕我不是一个贤妻良母
I’m afraid I’m not the ideal wife for him.
我无法时刻照顾他
I can’t keep up with him.
我觉得你把他照顾得很好
I think you look after him wonderfully well.
是吗 谢谢你这么说
Do you? That’s very kind of you.
问题在于他生来就是做大人物的
The point is, he was born for this.
而我不是 我必须以某种方式配合他
I wasn’t and I have to cope with that somehow.
我不得不如此
I have to.
但总有一天 查尔斯
But some days, Charles,
我会疲惫不堪
I feel totally and utterly exhausted.
好吧 我会和温斯顿谈这件事
All right. I’ll talk to Winston.
如果我和他一起去美国
If it’s helpful for me
能帮上忙的话 我肯定会陪他去的
To go with him to america, then of course I’ll go.
你也必须好好照顾自己
And you must take care of yourself.
你也需要有人照顾
You need looking after too.
我和马歇尔将军讨论了现况
I’d been discussing the situation with general Marshall.
他认同你的建议
He agrees with your recommendation.
咱们的结盟策略应该首先考虑欧洲
Our joint strategy should be Europe first.
太好了 很高兴听您这么说
Good, I’m delighted to hear it.
太平洋战区的形势
The situation in the pacific is
根本不像某些人想象的那么糟糕
Nowhere near as bad as some people think.
像新加坡这样的城♥堡♥是不会沦陷的
Singapore is impregnable. An island fortress.
那里有名一流的将军负责驻守要塞
I’ve got a first-class general in control of the garrison.
对新加坡可以放心
You can rely on Singapore.
非常好
Good. Excellent.
就欧洲而言
Now regarding Europe
我认为今年之内
It’s my view we are in no position
我们可不必考虑被入侵的可能
To even consider an invasion this year.
-同意 -很好
– Agreed. – Good man.
俄♥罗♥斯♥人很不高兴
The Russians are very unhappy.
当然可以理解
One understands why, of course
红军们被宰杀殆尽
The red army’s being butchered.
斯大林迫切需要开辟第二战场
Stalin desperately needs a second front.
我已经告诉他 这不可能
I’ve told him “This is impossible.
我们既没军队也没武器
We don’t have the men or the equipment.”
如您所见 总统先生
As you can see, mr. President,
我对你再也没什么好藏了
I have nothing to conceal from you.
我的前校长皮博迪教授告诉我们
My old schoolmaster, Dr. Peabody,
文明的进程
Taught us that the trend of civilization
-永远是上升的 -希望这是真的
– is forever upward. – Let’s hope that’s true.
我认为是 皮博迪教授的教导
I think it is. He’s been a great influence
对我整个人生的影响很大
Throughout my entire life. Dr. peabody.
他曾经说 只有相信才能变得强大
He once said “To believe is to be strong.
怀疑会限制你的能力
Doubt cramps energy.
信仰就是力量
Belief is power.”
我对于信仰的看法看来要改变一下了
My feelings about belief tend to change.
我年轻时不相信任何宗教
I was very antireligious when I was young.
但九死一生的经历改变了我的想法
Exposure to danger changed that.
在面对敌人的时候
No matter what my intellect told me,
无论我的大脑怎样想
I’ve always found myself asking the almighty
我总发现自己祈祷得到神的庇佑
For special protection when facing the enemy.
-一个不情愿的信徒 -可能吧
– A reluctant believer? – Perhaps.
但我相信无论你是否相信上帝
But one thing I’m sure of whether you believe or disbelieve,
带走人们的希望都是一件不道德的事
It is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.
你对他的看法如何
And what do you make of him?
我喜欢他
I like him. Mmm.
而我想他更喜欢我
But not, I think, as much as he likes me.
德国和日本的水平
“…the German and Japanese level.
如果有人想要撒野
Anybody likes to play rough,
我们当然也可以耍混
We can certainly play rough too.
希♥特♥勒♥和纳粹们既然种下恶因
Hitler and his Nazi gang have sown the wind.
就让他们收获恶果
Let them reap the whirlwind.”
早点睡 先生
Don’t work too late, sir.
你需要休息 明天将会很忙
You need your rest. Busy day tomorrow.
无论还要抗战多久 无论多么激烈
“Neither the length of the struggle nor any form of severity
我们都不会退怯
Which it may assume shall make us weary
-您还需要什么吗 -白兰地放哪了
– Is there anything else you want? – Where’s the brandy?
-在茶几上 -很好
– On the side table. – Very good.
恐怕不是御鹿白兰地 但还说的过去
Not Hine I’m afraid, sir, but passable.
饭前的马提尼就真难喝
Bloody awful Martinis before dinner.
总统先生怎么会喜欢这么恶心的酒
I can’t imagine why the president likes such a filthy drink.
每人都有自己的爱好 晚安 先生
Each man to his own, sir. I’ll say good night then.
好吧 晚安
Yes yes, good night.
我们绝不会踌躇
“There will be no haltings
或采取任何折中政策
Or half measures.
也不会有任何形式的
There will be
妥协以及会谈
No compromise or parley.”
没错
Yes.
我曾经提醒过法国政♥府♥
“When I warned the French government
不论他们是否参战
That Britain would fight on alone
英军都将奋战到底
No matter what they did,
法军的将军们告诉他们的首相
Their generals told their prime minister
以及他的内阁 他的
And his cabinet. And his cab
四分五裂的内阁
And his divided cabinet
他的四分
And his divided
四分五裂的内阁
And his divided cabinet
在三周之内
‘In three weeks’
在三周之内
‘In three weeks,
英国就会像小鸡
England will have her neck
一样被拧断脖子
Wrung like a chicken.’
什么小鸡
Some chicken!
什么脖子
Some neck!
什么小鸡
Some chicken!
什么脖子
Some neck!”

Oh!
汤姆逊 汤姆逊
Thompson. Thompson.
-怎么了 阁下 -快去叫医生来
– What’s the matter, sir? – Fetch the doctor.
-我有点难受 -好的
– I’m not feeling well. – Right.
坐这儿 没事 没事
Here we are, sir. All right, all right.
我去请医生
I’ll go fetch the doctor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!