“西部焦点” 由史蒂夫·洛佩兹报道
“Points West” by Steve Lopez.
一个建筑工头在格里菲斯公园听到撞车声
A construction foreman in Griffith Park heard the crash.
然后他看见一个骑自行车的人摔了下来
He saw a cyclist cartwheel off his bike
脸先磕到那可恶的河堤路路面上
And slam face-first into the unforgiving asphalt of Riverside Drive.
早上好 女士们先生们
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
我们开始降落到洛杉矶机场
As we begin our descent into Los Angeles,
请再次确认一下您是否记好安全带
We ask that you please be sure that your seatbelts are fastened…
拨♥打♥911后 76号♥消防队赶来了
A 911 call brought out the troops from Fire Station 76.
-发生什么事了 -你出车祸了
– What happened? – You had an accident.
-你知道怎么了吗 -不会吧 我出车祸了 真的吗
– Do you know what happened? – No shit, I had an accident. What?
我不记得也不想回忆如何摔倒的
I don’t remember any of this, nor do I recall the cause of the spill.
-我们电池没电了 -我已经来6小时了 而且…
– Our batteries are off. – I’ve been in here 6 hours now, and…
听我说 等一下 我们马上…
Listen to me. Wait a minute. We’re ready to go…
忧郁症
Hypochondriac.
2号♥手术室
OR 2.
County-USC是最近的急救室
County-USC was the closest emergency room,
我很快就意识到
And I quickly realized
如果你发现自己
That if you find yourself there
待在那儿 只是头上肿了个包
With nothing more than a bump on the head,
那你就是幸运的洛杉矶市民
You are one lucky Angeleno.
好了
Ready.
我这样有点不舒服
I’m not entirely comfortable with this.
谢谢
Thank you.
没有新留言
You have no new messages.
没有新留言
You have no new messages.

Okay.
真的吗
Really?
医生告诉我 方向障碍会持续4周
Doctors told me to expect up to 4 weeks of disorientation.
上帝啊 好了
Christ. All right.
我不是要博得同情 只是想让你们知道 我…
I’m not asking for sympathy. I just want you to know, I just…
不要你们的同情
I’m not asking for sympathy.
只是想告诉你们事情的经过
I just want you to understand what’s going on
如果我要开始写关于施瓦辛格州长
If I start writing about what a bang-up job
出色的工作
Governor Schwarzenegger’s doing.
S-C-H-W-A-R-Z…删掉
S-C-H-W-A-R-Z… scratch that.
不要了 缺少内容
Passe. Lacks context.
是的 问题是…
Right. So the question is…
你好 汤米
Hey, Tommy.
看到健美杂♥志♥上州长退休的情形
Theoretically could I, seeing as how the Governor has retired
理论上说 我能否采访一下他
His position at the muscle magazine, could I interview him?
对 我不是日耳曼血统 没问题吧
Right. And will my non-Teutonic lineage be an issue?
不是 那…那样…会很有意思的 只是篇文章
See, no, that’s… that’s… it gets to be funny. It’s just an article.
我需不需要申请使用更长时间类固醇?
Do I need to have been on steroids for a long time to even apply?
好的
Good.
盖尔 给我一份”务必关注”的参考
Gail, I like the “attention must be paid” reference.
我可能会把它缩成一段
I might move it down a paragraph, though.
谢谢 我要给你换个新办公桌
Thanks. I’m getting you a new desk.
早上好 先生们
Good morning, gentlemen.
-谢谢 -伙计们 看一下
– Thanks. – Hey, guys. Check it out.
我这里有一份研究报告 称美国35岁以下的
I got a study here that says the number of Americans under 35
读报纸人数下降了40%
Who read a newspaper is now down to 40%.
-40%? -对 40%
– 40? – 40.
我们失去的阅读人群主要是
And the group we’re losing mostly
受过大学教育的女性朋友
Are college-educated women.
-扯一下我的手指 -上帝啊
– Pull my finger. – Jesus Christ.
亲爱的
Hey, honey.
“欢迎回来 史蒂夫” 会更好点儿
“Welcome back, Steve. ” That would have been nice.
谢谢 知道吗 我和洛佩兹一起出发…
Thank you. You know, when Lopez and I started out together…
必须光着脚在雪地里走20英里
You had to walk 20 miles to school in the snow with no shoes?
人们关心世界的新鲜事
…people cared about what went on in the world.
-对吗 史蒂夫 -人们在乎再讨论
– Am I right, Steve? I mean, christ. – Back when people cared.
我们处于战争中 报纸的销♥售♥就是靠
We’re at war, and the only thing that sells papers
琳赛·罗汉的激♥情♥摇摆舞
Is a Lindsay Lohan cooch shot.
上帝啊 真的有人在报纸里介绍那个吗
Jesus, did someone actually run that in print?
-我还以为那只是网上的 -好 好
– I thought that was just on the web. – All right, all right.
-我所说的是… -我没有看见
– All I am saying is… – I didn’t see that.
如果你经营很棒 如果我自己在报纸首页上
…that if you run an excellent, if I do say so myself,
说美国企业是如何在这一战争中获利
Front-page piece about how corporate America is profiting from this war,
读者们唯一的反应就是双手赞成
And the only reader response you get is on 2 hands…
-同时… -顺便说一下 这篇不错
– Meanwhile… – That was a good piece, by the way.
-很好 谢谢 你看了吗 -看了
– Fine. Thanks. You read it? – I read that.
-真的看了吗 -我没有看 但我很喜欢
– Did you really? – I didn’t read it, but I loved it.
同时 洛佩兹擦伤了额头
Meanwhile, Lopez here scrapes his forehead,
知道我收到什么了吗 75封电子邮件
And gets, what, I’m guessing about 75 E-mails
都是读者们对他安全的担心
From readers worried about his safety?
-我追加这一篇 -对不起 对不起
– I chased this piece. – Then I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
世界上有些东西就是大错特错
There is something very wrong in this world.
简短的新闻报道 这个世界到底怎么了
Newsflash, something wrong with the world.
你脸上的伤让我很难受 史蒂夫
Yeah. Your face hurts my feelings, Steve.
那是骚扰
That’s harassment.
-玛丽? -一份环境组织的研究报告…
– Mary? – An environmental group studying…
-拜托 -…人们体内
– Please. – … chemical contaminants
-含有的化学污染物质 -我确切的说…不
– In people’s bodies. – I literally… no.
-抽点血 然后把它写出来 -我查下邮件
– Give some blood and write about it. – Let me check my E-mails.
我觉得对你来说这一研究不错
I think it would be a good idea for you.
我很高兴你能那么想 我已经看过了
I’m glad you feel that way. I just did that.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
我心里想的是 “不用了 谢谢”
The thought in my mind is, “no, thank you. ”
真有趣 你流点血大家都很开心
It was funny. People love it when you bleed.
-读者们 -失败了吧
– Readers. – Busted.
那是什么 你管这个叫什么 你做什么了
What is that? What do you call that, what you just did?
-转让 -弗洛伊德
– Transference. – Freud.
弗洛伊德 谢谢
Freud. Thank you. No.
很抱歉你的脸受伤了
Sorry about the face.
-我讨厌针头 -好好享受吧
– I hate needles. – So use it.
最初是被作为移♥民♥的聚集地
Originally used as a camp by settlers
外面就是当时的洛杉矶村
Outside of what was then the village of Los Angeles,
当时被叫做阿巴加集市或者劣等集市
It was called La Plaza Abaja, or the Lower Plaza.
史提夫·汪达的粉丝?
Stevie Wonder fan?
“我亲爱的爱人” 就是我一生最喜欢的曲子
My Cherie Amour is the song of my life.
签名 盖章 赠送
Signed, sealed, delivered.
但你不应该在小提琴上那样写
But you really shouldn’t write on a violin like that
因为你要像对待小孩一样对待小提琴
Because you have to treat a violin like a child, you have to protect it.
你只有两根弦
You only got 2 strings.
我想做的就是演奏音乐 但是…
All I want to do is play music, and here’s the problem
我现在遇到的问题是
That I’m having right here.
这个不行 不中用了 这个小家伙不能再拉了
This one’s gone, this one’s gone, this little one’s out of commission.
但这是在克里夫兰州立学校获得的
But you get that in Cleveland public schools.
在克里夫兰 有很多军人塑像
A lot of military statues in Cleveland.
-是很有军事氛围的城市 -你是那儿的人吗
– A very military-oriented city. – Is that where you’re from?
在那儿 音乐家不能参加游♥行♥
You’re not gonna get musicians on parade there.
那里有隔离大厅 有音乐人专门的住♥宅♥
You got severance hall there. You have the music settlement.
俄亥俄州立大学
Ohio State University.
然而在洛杉矶 有洛杉矶警局 洛杉矶时报
Whereas in Los Angeles, you have Los Angeles PD, you have LA Times,
有洛杉矶湖人队
You have Los Angeles Lakers.
他们也是军队 军事管辖 实验
Those are armies, too. Military regimentation, experimentation,
罗马山墙 罗马天主教 山德士上校
Roman gable, Roman Catholicism, Colonel Sanders,
-但这个家伙… -山德士上校
– But this guy right here is… – Colonel Sanders.
管弦乐队的四分卫
…the quarterback with the orchestra.
现在大提琴同样可以使这个家伙出名
Now the cello could back this guy with the same moves,
但是大提琴不能成为首席小提琴手
But the cello can’t be concert master.
所以他开始了
No. He leads out,
这就是伊扎克·帕尔曼和雅沙·海菲兹
this was Itzhak Perlman, Jascha Heifetz.
冬天的时候 你不能在克里夫兰演奏
You can’t play music in the winter in Cleveland
因为那里冰雪交加
Because of the ice and the snow.
所以我喜欢洛杉矶 贝多芬的城市
That’s why I prefer Los Angeles to Beethoven city,
因为在加利福尼亚南部从不下雨
Because it never rains in Southern California,
如果下雨 我就只能躲进隧♥道♥
And if it does, all I have to do is just go in the tunnel,
我可以尽情的演奏
I could play to my heart’s content.
我觉得这个雕像很惊人 你不觉得吃惊吗
I’m flabbergasted about the statue. Aren’t you flabbergasted about this?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!