I’m too old to wait it out.
我怕是不够长命,等不到你主动忏悔了。
Oh…
哦。。。
I missed my chance.
我错过了机会,
I did everything I was supposed to do.
我按部就班,
Everything I had to do.
做了该做的事。
Now it’s too late to do anything else.
现在做什么都太晚了。
Oh, your life isn’t over.
哦,你还没玩儿完呢。
Everybody seems to think it is.
别人都觉得完了。
Well…
好吧,
Heck, I can do anything.
欸,要我做什么都行。
I’d still be at the factory if they didn’t cut my line.
如果工厂不关生产线,我还愿做下去。
But instead…
可是。。。
These are my golden years.
我该颐养天年了。
Yeah, just because things didn’t work out the way you wanted,
是啊,往事不如意,
doesn’t mean they won’t.
未必将来也不如意。
Good luck happens, same as bad.
有好运,也有歹运。
What?
什么?
Good luck, it happens same as bad?
好运,跟歹运都会出现?
Yeah. It’s just math.Yeah.
是,都是概率。是。
What?Oh, man. What a dummy.
什么?是,真是个猪头。
Not you. Me.
不是说你。说我。
You’re a genius.
你是天才。
Sample size.
样本量。
That is where I went wrong.
我就错在样本量。
I didn’t calculate the frequency of probability.
我忘了计算概率的发生频率。
It’s just math.
纯粹是数学。
Oh, I don’t like math.
哦,我怕数学。
Oh. Oh, I’m sorry.
哦,不好意思。
Here, let me show you…
来,我解释给你听。
Here. So, if you take a coin
看,拿这一分钱,
and you flipped it 1,000 times,
抛一千次,
you might still get 60% heads.
都有可能60%是正面。
But if you flipped it 5,000 times, the probability gets closer to 50%.
要是抛五千次,概率就会逼近50%。
The sample has to be large enough to take luck out of the equation.
样本量要足够大,才能排除运气干扰。
And this is for you.
这个给你。
Are you depositing a penny?
你要存一分钱?
No. No.
不是,不是。
No. Uh…
不是。呃。。。
I wanna make a withdrawal.
我要取钱。
$4,200.
$4,200.
Oh, and how much does that leave us with?
哦,那我们还剩多少?
I am checking.
我查一下。
A little over four.
四千多。
Okay.
好吧。
Make it six, then.
那就取六。
Six?Mmm-hmm.
六?嗯。
Eight?
八?
Eight?$8,000.
八?八千?
Are you sure?Hmm.
确定吗?嗯。
– Ninety-eight.
– Ninety-nine.
Eight thousand.
8000.
Thank you, Midge.
谢谢,米吉。
There we go.
齐了。
Bye-bye.
再见。
– You know, every town has a thing.
你看,每个镇都要有个噱头。
We need a thing.
我们也要搞个噱头。
What happened to jazz fest?
不是有个爵士音乐节么?
Well, we couldn’t keep the stage up to code.
唉,舞台维护没合规,
Oh, one of those clogger girls fell right through.
哦,然后一个演员姑娘摔下去了。
Oh, yeah.
哦。是。
– Jazz fest made money, too.
爵士音乐节也很挣钱。
I mean, not that year, because the girl sued us.Yeah.
呃,那年亏了,那姑娘起诉我们来着。
She was upset ’cause we were still clapping.
她恨我们当时还鼓掌。
We thought it was part of the show.
我们还以为是故意安排的表演。
– Oh.
哦。
By the way, a bunch of us are pooling money
还有,今晚我们凑钱
for the lottery tonight.
合伙买♥♥彩票。
They’re doing that roll down thing, where you can win more.
它在搞什么奖金下滚,有机会多赢钱。
We’re not lottery people.- That’s probably for the best.
我们又不是彩民。-不是才好。
You know, there are some people who blow thousands
知道吗,有人♥大♥手笔几千几千地买♥♥。
on those things?
买♥♥这个?
You all right?- Here we go.
你没事吧?-别急。
What’s the matter? Take the drink.- Down the wrong pipe.
怎么了?喝口水。- 呛着了。
Eating too fast.
吃太急。
– Yeah.
是。
Ooh.
唔。。。
Four.
四。
15,700元
Whoo.
唔。。。
– I mean, it’s like a regular travel agent,
你看,我就是个普通的旅行社,
but it’s online,
搬到了线上。
so people can act like animals
顾客就变得很粗鲁,
when something doesn’t work out.
一点小事都不依不饶。
Hey, you should be traveling.
其实你该去旅行,
You and Wendy used to go on all these cruises and come back
你和温蒂以前老是去坐游轮。
and call everything port and starboard.
回来开口闭口都是航海术语
I didn’t even know which was which.
其实我都分不清。
Depends which ocean you’re on.
不同大洋还有不同叫法。
Hmm. No. No.- Yep.
嗯,不会吧。- 是这样。
She’d want you to have fun.
她一定希望你开心。
It’s been three years.
都三年了。
Oh, brats. Brats and burgers. All?
哦,烤肠来了。烤肠汉堡。都要吧?
– With cheese on it.Okay.
加点芝士。-好嘞。
Brats and… Oh.- Cheddar?
烤肠汉~哦,车达芝士?
Doug, would you watch the grill for a second?
道格,你帮我看着火。
See? This is a good time. Huh?
看,多开心啊。是吧?
Mmm.I told you it’d be worth the drive.
嗯,我就跟你说值得跑一趟。
No, you said you didn’t know
不,你说的是你不知道
how many weekends you have left.
自己还剩几个周末。
Well, I don’t.
是,确实不知道。
Yeah, but the math works.
不过,数学上是成立的,
Drive for two hours, get a free burger.
开两小时车,得免费汉堡。
Offsets the cost of gas.
值回油费。
I don’t eat meat, Dad.
爸,我不吃肉。
Oh, right. I’ll get the chicken.
哦,那我给你拿块鸡。
No, that’s still meat.
爸,鸡也是肉。
– Okay.
好吧。
Is he okay?
他没事吧?
He just doesn’t know the formula for “I miss you.”
他只是不懂有个表达式叫“我想你”。
It is more fun when you’re here.
看你来了大伙儿多开心。
I know, but you and Dad, you gotta have fun together.
我知道,不过你跟老爸还是得有点共同生活。
Yeah.
可不。
I know you’ve waited a really long time
我知道你等了一辈子。
for him to retire.I know.
等他退休。我知道。
I know. We need to work on it.
我们该想想办法。
I can’t even remember the last time that we had…
都记不起几时我们有过那个~
You know?What?
你懂的。-什么?
Yeah.Oh, no, that’s okay. I don’t need to hear about…
就是那个。- 哦,别,别。打住。咱别说这个了。
Honey.
亲。
I’m gonna get a beer.
我得整点啤酒。
Okay? Okay.We’ll work on it.
好,我们想想办法。
I’m thinking about it anyway.- Okay.
我在考虑呢。-好。
I wish he would.
希望他也是。
Whoa.
哇。
Whoa, whoa, whoa!
哇,哇,哇。
别,利兹,利兹,利兹,别,别,别,利兹。
No, Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy! No, no, no, no, Liz.
我们别。。。别打开这个。
Let’s not… Let’s not open that.
Why? I want the popcorn.I know. I know.
为什么?我想吃爆米花。-我知道,知道。
But this… this popcorn’s very stale. Ugh.
不过这个。。。这个爆米花齁了。
I like stale.
我就吃齁的。
Well, but this is full of sugar. It’s no good for you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!