He can’t go below 70 again.
不能再低于70
Why? What would that mean if he went below 70 again?
为什么? 低于70会怎样?
Seventy and below, he’s in heart failure.
低于70 他就会心脏衰竭
Okay.

If you need anything…
若有任何需要…
Thank you.
谢谢你
How’s the family insurance?
这家人的保险情况?
He works part-time.
他做兼♥职♥工作
She works as a grocery store clerk.
她则是商店店员
Can we do anything?
我们能怎么做?
I got to go.
我得挂了
Mr. And Mr. S Archibald.
亚契先生 太太
Hello, I’m Rebecca Payne, hospital director.
你们好 我是医院总监丽贝卡
Hi.
你好
Hi, there.
你好
Nice to meet you.
幸会
This is Dr. Turner, the head of Cardiology
这位是透纳医师 心脏科主任
and Michael’s doctor.
也是麦克的主治医师
How do you do?
你好
Good. My wife.
很好 我太太
How’s our boy doing?
我儿子怎样了?
Please sit down.
请坐
Ok.

This x-ray shows a normal nine-year-old’s heart.
这张是正常9岁男孩的心脏
This x-ray is that of your son, Michael.
这张是你儿子麦克的心脏
There are septal defects…
心房♥间隔有破洞…
here, here, and here…
这里 这里 和这里…
which have induced myopathy, resulting pulmonary edema…
这导致心肌病变 引发肺水肿…
and malignant ventricular ectopy.
以及恶性心室异位
So, you can see.
所以 各位可以看到
Michael’s heart is approximately three times larger than normal size.
麦克的心脏比正常人要大三倍
I’m sorry.
对不起
I didn’t understand you.
我听不懂
Could you put that in layman terms for me?
能不能说简单一点
Basically…
基本上…
There’s not enough blood being pumped by Michael’s heart…
麦克的心脏无法抽取足够血液…
so it backs up in the lungs like a sponge getting wet.
所以血液会回流到肺部 逐渐堆积在里面
His heart is trying, but it’s working too hard.
他的心脏很努力 但徒劳无功
What does he need, an operation or?
他需要什么 手术吗?
We’re considerably beyond corrective surgery,
他的心脏需要的不是一般手术
Mike’s heart is useless.
他的心脏毫无功用
He needs a transplant, or he’ll die.
他需要心脏移植 否则就完了
Wait a second. There are other options.
等等 还有别的选择
What options?
什么选择?
To do nothing. Medicate him.
顺其自然 用药物治疗他
Make him as comfortable as possible.
尽量让他过的舒适一点
You’ll have to think about quality of life.
仔细考虑生活品质
I don’t understand.
我不懂
We were just with him and he seemed fine.
他原来还好好的
He’s going to seem fine.
他看起来还是会很好
But as his heart gets worse,
但随着他的心脏恶化
he’ll become increasingly fatigued.
他会变得越来越累
And he will sleep more and more.
他也会越睡越多
Until one day he will fall asleep
有一天他会睡着…
and he won’t wake up.
然后不再醒来
I know this is difficult…
我知道这很困难…
but you have to face the fact
但你们必须面对事实
that your son may not live much longer.
你们的儿子可能活不久
You might want to make it a happy time, say goodbye.
你们该快乐过日子 好好道别
God.
天啊
Transplantation is a high-risk operation.
心脏移植是高危险的手术
You could lose your son on that table.
你们可能在手术台上失去他
You might not want to take that chance.
你们也许并不想冒那个险
If you, you know, if he doesn’t have the surgery…
要是他不做手术…
If he doesn’t have the surgery, how long would he live?
不做手术 他能活多久?
Not long.
不会很久
Months, weeks.
几个月 几周
Days.
几天
God.
老天爷
Come on, baby. All right, all right, baby.
别哭 宝贝 不会有事的
Come on, now.
别哭了
I’m sorry, it’s…
很抱歉…
It’s a lot.
这太沉重了
I’ll be there.
我会陪着你的
All right.
好吧
Okay.

If he was your son, what would you do?
他若是你儿子 你会怎么做?
I’d do the transplant, absolutely.
我会做移植手术 毫无疑问
Okay.
好吧
Okay?
好吗?
Okay, let’s do that. Let’s do it.
好 就做吧 做手术
Yes?
真的?
Yes.
真的
Ok.

First, we’ve got to get Mike on the organ recipient list.
首先让麦克排上等待移植名单
He’s B-positive, so he should go right to the top of the list.
他血型B型阳性 可以排第一
It’s not so simple.
没这么简单
There are other considerations…
还有其他考量…
before a prospective recipient can be placed on a donor list.
在接受移植者登上名单之前
Transplant surgery is very expensive.
器♥官♥移♥植♥手术很花钱
In most cases, prohibitively so.
大多都是贵的吓人
We’ve got insurance.
我们有保险
I mean, I got major medical. He’s covered.
我有重大疾病保险 他有纳保
We’ve checked with your carrier, Mr. Archibald.
我们跟你的保险公♥司♥查过
There are no provisions in your policy for a procedure of this magnitude.
你的保险不包括这种大手术
Oh, no, no, no, no. That’s a mistake.
不 不ue4d1你弄错了
Not that you’re making the mistake.
我不是说你错了
I’m just saying that I’m insured.
我是说我的确有保险
My son’s covered.
我儿子有保险
How about you, Mrs. Archibald.
你呢 亚契太太?
Do you have coverage?
你有保险吗?
No, I’ve only been at the supermarket a few months, and you don’t get benefits
不 我才刚上班几个月…
Doesn’t matter, we got insurance.
那不重要 我们有保险
Okay, I can see here that you don’t own your home.
好吧 我知道你没有房♥产
You’ve no stocks, no bonds, no investments.
没有股票 债劵或投资
You have a little over $1000 in savings.
你们有大约一千元的存款
But we got insurance.
但我们有保险
That may be, very well.
那很好 亚契先生
Archibald, you’ll have to check withy your carrier on that.
你去跟你的保险公♥司♥查清楚
In the meantime, we’ll have to treat this as a cash account.
同时 我们只收现金
What?
什么?
How much does a transplant cost?
器♥官♥移♥植♥要多少钱?
Wait a minute, baby, let me…
等等 让我…
How much does it cost?
要多少钱?
Transplant surgery, doctors’ fees,
移植手术 医师费
postoperative care…immunosuppressant drugs…
术后疗养费…抗排斥药…
you’re looking at a minimum of $250,000.
至少需要二十五万
If you opt for transplant surgery,
若你们选择器♥官♥移♥植♥手术
that is your choice.
就要这么多
But the hospital maintains a very strict
但医院对于必须付现的病患
policy with regard to cash patients.
有严格的规定
We require a down payment before
在把病患名列等待移植名单前
we put a patient’s name on a receiver’s list.
我们要求先付头款
How much?
那是多少?
What kind of down payment?
什么样的头款?
Thirty percent.
三成
Seventy-five thousand dollars.
七万五千元
Seventy-five thousand dollars…
七万五千元…
to put my son’s name on a list.
就为了把我儿子的名字放上去
Our son is dying and all you can do is talk about money?
我儿子病危 你却满嘴铜臭

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!