我觉得这段音乐太快了
Well, I think this music’s a little fast.
等一下
Just a minute.
我想可以 那边吗?
Yeah, I think it’s all right. Are they still over there?
如何 跳支舞吧
What do you say? You wanna dance?
对不起 想跳支舞吗
Uh, excuse me. Would you care to dance?
我还不想跳 – 好吧
I don’t feel like dancin’ just yet. – Sure.
克丽儿 明天下午如何?
Clara, have you decided about tomorrow?
爱米丽 你知道我周日下午 要和保罗去看电影
Millie, I always go to the movies with Papa on Sunday.
我知道 但是你会很开心 – 我去买♥♥包烟
I know, but you could have a lot of fun. – I’m gonna get some cigarettes.
赫布 我说过她不是很漂亮 但是确实很迷人
Herb, I told you she wasn’t especially attractive, but she had a lot of charm.
赫布 她是个好女孩
Look, Herb, she’s a real nice kid.
她不错 安迪 我三个周就只有一个周末有时间
She’s all right, Andy. It’s just that I get one Saturday night off every three weeks.
我只是想等好一点的
I was expecting somethin’ better.
你喜欢他吗 克丽儿 – 嗯 他似乎不错
D’you like him, Clara? – Yes. He seems very nice.
你该决定了 – 好 我时间多得很
Millie’s been after me to fix her up. – All right, I’m having a fair time.
我三个礼拜才有一个周末 为什么今晚就要决定
I get one Saturday night off in three weeks and I wanted to wind up with something.
好 抱歉 – 算了
OK. So I’m sorry. – Forget it.
赫比 你是否来过 – 嗯
Herbie, have you ever been here before? – Hey!
赫比
Herbie!
你怎么在这里 – 我是来跳舞的
What are you doing here? – I came up to dance. What do you think?
你和别人在一起吗 – 我只和一个女孩在一起
You here with somebody? – I’m just here with another girl.
你现在去那里 – 我去拿我外衣内的香烟
Where you goin’ now? – For some cigarettes. Left ’em in my coat.
等一下见 – 好 回头见
I’ll see you around. – Yeah, I’ll see ya.
那是我以前认识的女孩子
Oh, that’s a… girl I used to know.
这里人真多 – 到这里来的年纪很小
Boy, it’s sure packed in here. – Some of these kids are awfully young.
你会不会遇到你的学生
You might run into one of your students.
我想不会 我是在布鲁克林教书
I wouldn’t think so. I teach out in Brooklyn.
你以前来过吗 克丽儿 – 来过两次
Oh, you been here before, Clara? – Yes. Twice.
要先找个桌子坐下喝点东西 还是要直接跳舞
You wanna try and get a table and a drink, or you just wanna start dancing?
老赫 老赫 你说什么 先找个桌子喝酒还是先跳舞
Well, Herb… Herb! What do you say? We grab a table before we dance?
你们先去找个桌子 我马上回来
Listen, you people go grab a table. I’ll be back in a minute.
我很快回来
I’ll be right back.
克丽儿 我们去找张桌子
What do you say, Clara, huh? Come on, we’ll grab a table.
你没有女孩是不是 – 你说什么
You here stag or with a girl? – You say somethin’?
对 我说你没有女孩是不是
Yeah. I was askin’ you if you was here stag or with a girl.
我一个人 – 我和一个女孩初次约会
Oh, I’m stag. – I got stuck on a blind date with a dog.
但我遇到了以前认识的女孩 我想要摆脱她
I just met an old girl I used to know, so I need to get rid of the girl I’m with.
但有人必须带她回家 你知道我的意思吗
Somebody to take her home, you know what I mean?
如果你帮我带她回家 我付你五元 – 什么
I’d pay you $5 if you take her home. – What?
我带你过去 她和我的朋友一起 我就可以跑了
I’ll introduce you as an old army buddy of mine and then I’ll cut out,
因为有另外一个女孩在等我 我付你五元
because I got this other girl waiting for me by the hatcheck, and I’ll pay you $5.
你在开玩笑吗 – 没有
Are you kiddin’? – No, I’m not kiddin’.
你不能这样把女孩子扔掉
You just can’t walk off on a girl like that!
既然她要自己回去 那五元还我
As long as she’s goin’ home alone, give me the $5 back.
你既然付了我五元 就是我的了
Look, mac, you paid me the $5. The $5 is mine.
对不起 小姐 想跳支舞吗
Excuse me, miss, but would you care to dance?
小姐
Miss?
你常来吗 – 我来过两次
You come up here often? – I was up here twice before.
一次和我朋友来 一次自己来
Once I came up with a friend of mine and… once alone.
上一次
The last time…
你看到那边穿灰衣服那女孩吗?
You see that girl sitting over there in the grey dress?

Yeah.
上次我来时坐在那里
Well, the last time I was here, that’s where I sat.
我坐在那里一个半小时没动过
I sat there for an hour and a half without moving a muscle.
偶而有人走过来 又改变主意
Now and then some fellow would kind of come up to me and then change his mind.
我永远忘不了我坐了一个半小时 手一直放在膝盖上
I’ll never forget just sitting there for an hour and a half with my hands in my lap.
然后我哭了 就这样回家了
Then I began to cry. I had to get up and go home.
我最近也常哭
I’ve begun to cry a lot lately.
我也常哭 我是个爱哭鬼
I cry a lot, too. I’m a big crier.
我对这一点可以理解 虽然眼泪不值什么
This is something recent with me, this bursting into tears at the slightest thing.
我常哭 对一些小事
I cry all the time, any little thing.
我的兄弟 姐夫 妹夫们 都说我是慈悲心肠子
My brothers, my brothers-in-law always tell me what a good-hearted guy I am.
你不必问就知道
You’re not good-hearted by accident.
你只要用心一点 你就可以成为痛苦教授
You get kicked around long enough, you get to be a real professor of pain.
我知道你的感受
I know exactly how you feel.
我也要让你知道我现在很高兴
I also want you to know I’m having a good time with you and really enjoyin’ myself.
你并不是你自己所想像的 那么平凡
So, you see, you’re not such a dog as you think you are.
我也很高兴
I’m having a very good time, too.
就是呀 我想我也不如自己所想那么平凡
So there you are. So I guess I’m not such a dog as I think I am.
你非常好
No, you’re a very nice guy.
我不知道为何没女孩和你一起
I don’t know why some girl hasn’t grabbed you off long ago.
我也不知道 我以为我人不错
Well, I don’t know either. I think I’m a very nice guy.
我也觉得我颇聪明 对不起 我在想如果
I also think I’m a pretty smart guy in my own way. Excuse me.
一对夫妇结婚后要过四五十年
I figure two people get married and they’re gonna live together 40, 50 years,
这不仅只是需要外表漂亮
so it’s gotta be more than whether they’re just good-lookin’ or not.
你说你的长相很平凡
You think you’re not so good-lookin’.
我老爸长得很丑 但我妈却很欣赏他
Well, my father was a real ugly man, but my mother adored him.
她告诉我有时很痛苦 就像一般人一样
She told me how she’d get so miserable sometimes, like everybody, you know?
她说我老爸非常善解人意
And she says my father always tried to understand.
我小时候常看他们在客厅 一直说话 一直说话
I used to see them sometimes when I was a kid sittin’ in the livin’ room talkin’,
我也很仰慕我老爸 因为他非常好
and I used to adore my old man, because he was always so kind.
这是我这辈子最美妙的事 有这样的父母
That’s one of the most beautiful things I have in my life – the way my parents were.
而我老爸很丑
And my father was a real ugly man.
所以就算你长得像人猿 也不要紧
So it doesn’t matter if you look like a gorilla.
其实我们并没有自己想像中的 那么平凡
See, dogs like us, we ain’t such dogs as we think we are.
我二十九岁了
I’m 29 years old.
你呢
How old are you?
我三十四岁
I’m 34.
泰丽沙阿姨 请进 – 卡沙妮那在吗?
Oh, hello, Aunt Theresa. Come on in. – Is Caterina here?
我们没告诉任何人 我们想一切都交给你处理就好
We didn’t say anything. We thought we’d leave it to you.
你可以假装你是多么寂寞 然后请她和你一起住
We thought you’d put it like how you were lonely and why doesn’t she live with you.
因为这样可以使她以为她是为了你而搬出去 而不是我们把她赶出去
That way it looks like she’s doing you a favour, instead of we’re throwin’ her out.
要汤姆和你一起吗 – 不 我想你和汤姆出去好了
You want Tommy and me to stay? – No. It’s better idea if you and Tommy go,
否则她又会和你吵架
otherwise she’s gonna start to fight with you and everybody be yelling.
哈啰 泰丽沙阿姨 – 哈啰 汤姆
Hello, Aunt Theresa. – Hello, Thomas.
是谁来了 是谁
Who’s there? Who’s there?
是我 卡沙妮那 你好吗 – 你怎么来了
It’s me, Caterina! How you feel? – Hey, what are you doin’ here?
我来探望你 你觉得如何?
I come to see you. How you feel?
我的腰左边在痛 我的腿痛得像在打鼓
I got a pain on my left side and my leg throbs like a drum.
我的肩也在痛 – 我的肩也在痛
I been getting pain in my shoulder. – Hah! I got a pain in my shoulder, too.
我屁♥股♥也在痛 痛得睡不着
I got a pain in my hip and my right arm aches so much I can’t sleep.
我老了
Ah, it’s a curse to be old.
我儿尼基和他的新娘寄卡片来了
We got a postcard from my son Nicky and his bride.
他们现在佛罗里达州度蜜月
They are in Florida in a big hotel on their honeymoon.
我丈夫的表弟从阿布鲁齐寄信来
I got a letter from my husband’s cousin in Abruzzi.
他的母亲死了 – 哦
His mother die. – Oh.
你记得阿布鲁齐那个开旅馆的埃米利奥?
You remember Emilio DiGiorgio, who own a tavern in Abruzzi?
他也死了 – 嗯
He die. – Oh.
你知道还有谁死了 – 谁
You know who else die? – Who?
那个住在楼上的老头子 常喝醉那一个爱尔兰人
You know the old man who live upstairs in this house? Irishman, always drunk.
他得了胸膜炎 在医医院住了两周 昨天死了
He get pleurisy. He stay two weeks in a hospital. Yesterday he die.
我一直很想来找你 卡沙妮那 因为你就是这么令人愉快
I like to visit you, Caterina, because you always got such cheerful news.
孩子们 你们出去看电影好了
Hey, kids. Why don’t you two kids go to the movies?
我和你妈帮你们看孩子
Your mother and me, we be baby-sitter.
我们到卡普兰家 他叫我们去 – 好 好
Let’s go down to the Kaplans’. – Sure, sure.
妈 我们到卡普兰家 如果有什事就叫我们
Ma, we’ll be down at the Kaplans’ if you want us for anything. OK?
我今天早上听到婴儿在哭 所以被吵醒了
I wake up this morning. I hear the baby cry, so I wake up.
我到他们房♥间 这个女孩在摇婴儿的手
I come in their room, and that girl, she’s shakin’ her hand at the baby.
我说 粗鲁 不要摇那婴儿 那是我儿子的孩子
I said “You brute! Don’t you strike that baby! That’s my son’s baby!”
那也是她的孩子 – 那是我儿子汤姆的儿子
It’s her baby, too. – It’s my son Thomas’s baby.
但不是你的孩子啊
But it’s not your baby.
我说过她向我丢奶瓶的事吗
I tell you she throw a bottle of milk at me?
我知道 我知道
I know. I know.
她真是恶毒
She’s a witch, that one, I tell you.
我告诉你她昨天做了什么 – 怎么了
I tell you what she do yesterday? – What she did?
她斜眼看我 – 卡沙妮那
She give me the evil eye. – Uffa, Caterina.
我在睡觉时有一眼都张开 因为她会进我房♥里刺我一刀
I keep one eye open when I sleep, because she’s gonna stab me in my bed.
卡沙妮那我要你搬来和我一起
Caterina, I want you to come and live with me in my house.

Hm?
你儿子汤姆 和他老婆今天来找我
Your son Thomas and his wife, they come to my house today.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!