我有件事要告诉你们 我决定去切斯特港工作.
I have something to tell you. I decided to take the job in Port Chester.
我觉得这是一个成熟的想法…
Because it’s really a question of maturity. Do you know what I mean? I mean…
我可以继续在这里像女孩那样生活 爸爸
I could go on living here and be a girl all my life, papa.
顺便说一下 我之所以说他是个肉贩是因为…
By the way, the reason I mentioned he’s a butcher is because…
他明天午餐后要给我打电♥话♥ 并且…
he’s gonna call me tomorrow after lunch and…
他虽然是个肉贩但并未看低自己…
He’s very self conscious of the social status of a butcher and…
对了 他打电♥话♥来要是来这里…
Well, he’s calling on the phone, not coming over here. But…
当他来的话我只是想…
When he does I just wanted to…
那我们就可以看到他
Well, we’ll see that when we come to it
你们明白我说的么
You don’t know what I’m talking about?
我明后天再告诉你们吧.
I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.
你们知道吗 当我们离开舞厅时…
You know? When we left the ballroom…
他开始侃侃其谈 停不下来
he began to talk so much he couldn’t stop.
非常有趣的一个人…
It was so funny. He just kept raddling and raddling. And he…
我无法抑制自己和他交流
I don’t think I’ll be able to stop talking now myself.
好了 我要睡觉去了 明天见
Listen. I’m going to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow.
晚安
Good night.
我差点忘记了2:30会有电♥话♥找我的…
What I forgot to tell is that I expect the phone call at two thirty, so I’ll…
我不能和你们去看电影了
I won’t be able to go to the movies with you.
晚安.
Good night.
你今晚很快乐么
You… You did have a good time tonight, dear?
是的 妈妈 这是很令人愉快的一个晚上
Yes, ma. It was very pleasant.
我还是不是太明白她说的
I did not understand much about that, did you?
她说她会接受那份工作 我很高兴
She’s said she’s gonna take that job. I’m glad.
爱丽丝 虽然我们很爱她 但她需要独♥立♥了
I love that girl so much, Alice. But she should learn to stand on her own feet.
我希望那个年轻人明天下午2:30会打电♥话♥来
I hope that young man calls tomorrow at 2:30.
我也希望
I really do.
计程车 计程车
Taxi! Hey, taxi!
计程车 计程车
Taxi! Hey, taxi!

Hey!
妈 你知道我想作什么吗
Hey, Ma. You know what I think I’m gonna do?
我要买♥♥下肉店
I think I’m gonna buy Patsy’s shop.
你听到了吗 妈
You hear what I said, Ma?
我在这样想 我们在银行里有三千三百元
This is how I figure. We got 33-odd hundred dollars in the bank,
所以我想提出来买♥♥下肉店 如何
so I’m gonna have to take it out to buy the shop. So what do you think?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我是个好肉贩 我会做得很好
I’m a good butcher. I think I’ll make out pretty good.
我问过汤姆的意见 但我也有自己的想法
I wanna ask Thomas about this, but I got my own ideas.
快点 马蒂 九点了
Come on, Marty. It’s nine o’clock.
妈 礼拜之后你一个人回来 我要去找安吉
Listen, Ma, you mind comin’ home alone from church because I wanna find Angie?
他有事找我 – 好
I think he’s sore at me for somethin’. – OK.
妈 我想问你 汤姆是不是送卡沙阿姨过来
Ma, what I wanna ask you is, is Thomas bringing Aunt Catherine here or what,
我要见他 他来不来
because I wanna see him?
我想汤姆会带卡沙妮那来的 我不知道何时
I think Thomas is gonna bring Aunt Caterina over here, but I don’t know.
你上去好吗 我要换衣服了
Now, please go outside because I gotta put on my clothes.
好啦 你干么那么紧张
All right. So what are you gettin’ so sore about?
马蒂 请不要介意我刚说的话
Marty? Please excuse what I say.
好的 妈
OK, Ma.
我对这种状况也不满意 维琴 – 我不想再说了
Don’t you think I feel lousy about it, too? – I don’t wanna talk any more about it.
我昨晚睡不到一个小时
I don’t think I got an hour’s sleep the whole night.
昨晚我第一次听到我母亲哭
Last night was the first time I ever heard my mother cry.
汤姆 我… – 我不想再说了
Tommy, I… – I don’t wanna talk about it.
我知道你会说什么 我什么时候才不是我母亲的婴儿
I know what you’re gonna say. A man’s gotta stop bein’ his mother’s baby.
你到底要说多少次 她是我妈妈
She’s my mother. I have some feelin’ about her.
你为什么要使我这么难看 – 我不想再说
Why am I always made to be the louse? – I don’t wanna talk about it!
汤姆 我爱你 我知道你在生气
Look, Tommy… Tommy, I love you and I know you feel lousy right now,
但如果我们不能过自己的生活 我们就永远不会快乐
but we’ll never be happy unless we have a chance to work out our own lives.
我们不能一直这样偷偷说话 我们要有自己的生活
We can’t keep talkin’ in whispers the rest of our lives. We gotta have some privacy.
妈 你等五分钟好吗 我开车送你过去
Ma! Can’t you wait five minutes? I’ll drive you over.
我穿上衣服就好了 – 你去作礼拜好了
I just gotta put on a shirt. – Go to mass.
我还来得及 我参加十一点的
I got time to go to mass. I’ll go to 11 o’clock mass.
让我开车送你过去 妈
Let me drive you over, will you, Ma?
汤姆 你别管我
Thomas, leave me alone.
快穿衣服 我送我妈过去
All right, get dressed because we’re gonna drive my mother over.
你为何和她处不来 你为何不试一下
Why couldn’t you get along with her, make an effort?
她只是不太习惯和别人在一起 你为何不试一下
She’s hard to get along with. All I asked you was to try!
汤姆 – 我不想再听你说了
Tommy… – I don’t wanna hear any more about it!
哈啰 泰丽沙阿姨
Hello, Aunt Theresa.
哈啰 汤姆 好吗
Hello, Tommy. How you feel?
我妈快把我逼疯了 我一直求她让我送她过来
Ah, my mother… drives me crazy. I had to beg her to let me drive her over here.
哦 – 她总那么刚烈
Oh. – She’s always gotta be the big martyr.
求求你去参加礼拜好吗
Please, go to mass, huh?
这孩子 早上起来就生气了 做这个 做那个
This one, he wake up this morning with salt in his nose. Do this! Do that!
不要管我好吗
Please leave me alone, huh?
哈啰 汤姆 – 你好
Hello, Thomas. – Hiya.
哈啰 卡沙阿姨 你好吗 你要和我们一起去作礼拜吗
Hello, Aunt Catherine. You gonna go to mass with us?
我两小时前去过了 – 哦 好的
I was to mass two hours ago. – Oh, good.
你把这里当成自己的家 冰箱里有很多食物
Make yourself at home. The refrigerator’s loaded.
你上楼去 自己选一个房♥间好吗
You go upstairs, take any room you want, OK?
汤姆
Thomas!
要喝咖啡吗 – 好
You want a cup of coffee? – Ah.
维琴 你把莫瓦带来了 是吗
Oh, hi, Virginia. Oh, you brought him over, huh?
让我抱一下
Let me hold him for a minute.
小乖乖 长胖了 是不是
Hey, Petey boy. Yeah. You’re sure gettin’ fat. You know that?
也长大了
Yeah. You’re bigger than a leg o’ lamb now.
汤姆 我正好要告诉你
So, Tom, like I was tellin’ you when you was over here,
泰瑞先生要把他肉店卖♥♥了 因为他要搬到加州去
my boss wants to sell his shop, because he wants to move out to California.
你生什么气 – 你住嘴 帮个忙
What are you so sore about? – Shut up. Will you do me a favour?
汤姆 他出价一千二至一千三 租金是一百零二
So, Tommy, he does about $12-1300 gross. The rent’s $102.
现在问题是超级市场 我就是想问你这个
The problem is the supermarkets. That’s what I wanna ask you.
如果我和其他人一起买♥♥下…
If I get together with other merchants…
有一次她要为我哥哥作晚餐 你却不让她作
What about the time she wanted to make dinner, but you wouldn’t let her?
什么她只能一个月用一次厨房♥ – 我说过她可以在任何时候用
Once a month she can’t use the kitchen. – She could use it any time.
你老是占用着厨房♥ – 是她自己不用我的锅子的
You had to be the boss. – She wouldn’t use my pots and pans.
你要我怎么作 – 你要我买♥♥新的锅
Pots and pans, my foot! – You want me to buy new pots and pans?
汤姆 你等一下好吗
Tommy… Tommy… Look, just give me a couple of minutes.
因为我答应泰瑞先生明天答复他 你和维琴要吵以后再吵
I told Mr Otari I’d let him know tomorrow. You and Virginia can fight any time.
我想知道的是最高价格
Listen, I wanna know about individualised mark-ups.
假设我是肉贩 他是店里顾客
Say I’m the butcher and Aldo Capelli is the dairyman and the grocer,
所以我把价格 提高百分之三十五
so suppose I work on a 35% mark-up, but he works on a…
你在说什么 你到底在说什么 – 我不明白 所以才问你
Do you know what you’re talkin’ about? – No, I don’t. That’s why I’m askin’ you!
你为何要买♥♥下肉店 你告诉我
Why d’you wanna buy a shop?
你有个好工作 没有妻子 你没有责任 我真希望像你那样
You got a good job, no wife, no responsibilities. Boy, I wish I was you.
你为何要买♥♥肉店 把孩子抱走好吗
What do you wanna buy a shop for? Take the baby, will ya?
他要多少 五千吗 你必须有房♥地♥产♥贷款 一个月六十到七十元
If he wants $5,000 down, you’ll have to carry a mortgage: $60, $70 a month.
你是单身汉 不必负责任 不要管这件事 听我的建议
You’re single with no responsibilities. Stay that way. Take my advice.
你对他叫什么 他只是在问你事
Why are you yellin’? He’s askin’ advice.
对 汤姆 零售店 这比较特别
Yeah, Tom, but Patsy’s shop is a specialised trade.
超级市场不卖♥♥意大利肉 – 谁会买♥♥意大利肉 你以为我太太会买♥♥
Supermarkets don’t carry Italian meat. – Who buys Italian? Think my wife does?
她只会到商场去买♥♥一块肉 然后放到锅子里煮 这就是晚餐
She goes to the A&P, gets a lamb chop wrapped in Cellophane, and that’s dinner!
你有完没完 – 我了解超级市场的问题
All right. – I know the problem of the supermarkets,
我昨晚和一个女孩子谈过 她说
but I was talkin’ to this girl last night…
马蒂 请你照顾我的母亲
Look, Marty, will you see my mother is nice and comfortable?
当然 这个女孩 – 什么女孩 她知道什么
Oh, sure. But this girl… – What girl? What does she know?
马蒂 请你照顾我妈 好吗
Marty, take care of my mother, will ya?
妈 快点 我马上要走了
Hey, Ma, get ready, cos I’ll be down in a minute.
卡沙妮那 – 嗯
Hey, Caterina. – Huh?
你知道昨晚我回来时 马蒂和一个女孩在一起
Last night when I come home from your house, Marty was here with a girl.
谁 – 马蒂
Who? – Marty.
你的儿子马蒂吗
Your son Marty?
你以为是那个马蒂会和女孩子来这里
Well, which Marty you think would be here in this house with a girl?
灯开着吗 – 当然
Were the lights on? – Oh, sure.
这女孩大学毕业
This girl is a college graduate.
那更糟 大学女孩都不安份
They’re the worst. College girls are one step from the street, I tell you.
我儿子乔瑟夫的太太 她和一个打字员勾搭
My son Joseph’s wife, you know, she type on a typewriter.
不安份
One step from the street.
这是第一次马蒂带女孩子回来
This is the first time Marty brang home a girl.
她看来不错 你知道吗 我想马蒂对这女孩有意思
She look like a nice girl. You know, I think Marty has a feeling for this girl.
他从来不唱歌♥ 但今早一直在唱歌♥
You heard him sing? Sing like that all morning.
就是这样子 你看看
Well, that’s all. You’ll see.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!