好 好 我送你回家
All right. All right. I’ll take you home!
我只想吻你一下而已
All I wanted was a lousy kiss.
你以为我想对你如何 我妈马上就回来了
Think I’d try somethin’ serious with my mother comin’ home any minute?
我只是不想而已
I just didn’t feel like it, that’s all.
好吧
Well…
我已不再年轻了
I’m old enough to know better.
新年除夕大家都在安排派对
Come New Year’s Eve, everybody starts arrangin’ parties.
我只有吃薯条的份
I’m the guy they gotta dig up a date for.
我只有抽烟的份
I’ll just get a pack of cigarettes and take…
我想再和你见面
I’d like to see you again…
很想
very much.
我不让你吻的原因 是我不知道如何
The reason I didn’t let you kiss me was because I just didn’t know how to…
处理这种情况
handle the situation.
你是我遇到的最好的人
You’re the kindest man I ever met.
我告诉你这些 是因为我想再见到你
The reason I tell you this is because I want to see you again…
很想
very much.
你送我回家后 我一定会一直想着你
I know when you take me home I’m going to lie on my bed and think about you.
我很想再见到你
I want very much to see you again.
明天晚上你要作什么
What are you doin’ tomorrow night?
我没事
Nothing.
我明天打电♥话♥给你
I’ll call you up tomorrow.
我们去看电影
Maybe we’ll go see a movie.
我很愿意
I’d like that very much.
我不能很确定的原因
The reason I can’t be more definite now is…
因为我姨卡沙妮那大概明天会来
because my Aunt Catherine’s probably comin’ over tomorrow.
我或许要帮忙
I may have to help out.
我等你来电♥话♥
I’ll wait for your call.
我送你回家
I better take you home now.
现在很晚了 快一点了
It’s gettin’ late and the buses only run about one an hour.

All right.
我去拿包香烟
I’ll just get a pack of cigarettes.
你新年除夕要作什么
What are you doin’ New Year’s Eve?
我没事
Nothing.
哈啰 马蒂
Hello! Hello! Marty?
马蒂 什么时候回来的 – 我们十分钟前回来 妈
Hello, Marty. When you come home? – We just got here ten minutes ago, Ma.
妈 这位是克丽儿史耐德 她纽约大学毕业
Ma, I want you to meet Miss Clara Snyder. She’s a graduate of New York University.
她在法兰克林高中教化学
She teaches chemistry in Benjamin Franklin High School.
请坐 请坐
Sit down. Sit down.
要吃鸡块吗 我冰箱里有鸡块
You want some chicken? We got chicken in the icebox.
不 谢谢 费拉迪太太 我们正要离开 谢谢你
No, thank you, Mrs Piletti. We were just going. Thank you anyway.
你先坐一下 我刚回来 我先脱了外套
Well, sit down just a minute. I just come in the house. I take off my coat.
是不是汤姆开车送你回来的 – 对 真令人难过
Did Thomas give you a ride? – Sure. Is a sad business.
我姐姐卡沙妮那和媳妇合不来
My sister Caterina, she no get along with her daughter-in-law,
所以她要搬来和我们一起住
so she gonna come live with us.
她当然要来 妈 – 当然 请坐
Oh, she’s comin’, huh, Ma? – Sure. Sit down. Sit down.
马蒂 请她坐下 – 坐一下可以吧 克丽儿
Marty, tell her sit down. – Might as well sit down a minute, Clara.
你有没有请小姐吃什么 – 我有 妈 但她不想要
You offer young lady some fruit? – I offered her, but she don’t want nothin’.
不必 真谢谢你 费拉迪太太
No, thank you, really, Mrs Piletti.
真遗憾 我必须告诉你
Is a very sad business, I tell you.
一个五十六岁的老女人 本来有自己的家
A woman, 56 years old, all her life she had her own house.
现在她和媳妇合不来
Now she’s just an old woman sleeping on her daughter-in-law couch.
作母亲的真是难过
It’s a curse to be a mother, I tell you.
你的孩子们都长大了 你还能作什么呢
Your children grow up and then what is left for you to do?
母亲的生命全给了子女
What is a mother’s life but her children?
当你的儿子没办法容下你时 真是一件很令人感伤的事
Is a very sad thing when your son has no place for you in his house.
她没有自己的消遣吗
Well, couldn’t she find some kind of hobby to fill out her time?
消遣 她能作什么呢 她只会作饭理家而已
Hobby. Hobby. What can she do? She cook and she clean.
但你必须有个家才能理家 你必须要有子女 才能作饭
But you gotta have a house to clean and you gotta have children to cook for.
这年代对作母亲的来说 太难过了 这是可怕的年代
These are the terrible years for a mother. The terrible years.
你对媳妇的看法太严了一点
You mustn’t feel too harshly against her daughter-in-law.
或许她也想理家 也想作饭给孩子吃
She probably also wants to have a house to clean and children to cook for.
你认为我妹妹卡沙妮那 她不该住她媳妇的家吗
You don’t think my sister Caterina should live in her daughter-in-law house?
我不认识他们 但我认为 婆婆不该和已结婚的子女住在一起
Well, I don’t know them, but, as a rule, a mother-in-law shouldn’t live with a couple.
那你认为婆婆该去那里
Where you think a mother-in-law should go?
我想作母亲的不该以报恩为由 依赖着她的子女们供养
I don’t think a mother should depend so much upon her children for her rewards.
这大概是纽约大学生的新潮观念
Well, that’s what they teach you in… New York University.
我们认为不该如此的
In real life it no work out like this.
你等到你当母亲好了
You wait till you are a mother.
我实在不该和你争论这些 我根本不认识这些人
It’s silly of me to argue about it. I… I don’t know the people involved.
妈 时候不早了 只有一点钟发车的公交汽车了
Ma, I better take her home because the buses only run about one an hour.

Sure.
晚安 费拉迪太太 很高兴见到你 希望能再见到你
Good night. I’m glad to have met you. I hope I see you again.
妈 我大约在一点半回来
OK, Ma. I’ll be back in about an hour, an hour and a half.
好 – 晚安 费拉迪太太
Sure. – Good night, Mrs Piletti.
晚安
Good night.

Hey!

Hey!
马蒂
Hey, Marty! Hey!
安吉
Hey, Ange!
马蒂 你跑去那里 我一直在找你
Marty, where you been? I been lookin’ all over for ya.
但我也一直在找你 但找不到
I looked all over for you, but I couldn’t find you.
我才一直在找你
Well, I was lookin’ all over for you.
我们去散步
We thought we were gonna go for a walk
本来是想马上就回来的 但我们聊了很久
and then we thought we were gonna come back, but we got to talkin’.
安吉 这是克丽儿 克丽儿 这是我的好友安吉
I want you to meet Clara. Clara, my best friend Angie.
我向你提起过 – 对 你好
I told you about him. – Yes. How do you do?
你好
Hello.
现在要做什么 – 快一点了 我要送克丽儿回家
What we gonna do now? – I’m taking Clara home. It’s close to one.
要我和你一起去吗 – 作什么
You want me to ride down with ya? – What for?
时间还早 – 快一点了
It’s early. – It must be one o’clock.
这是周末夜 有很多活动
It’s Saturday night! There’s still plenty of action around!
安吉 我送克丽儿回家 就一点半了
Listen, by the time I get Clara home it’s gonna be 1.30.
我回家后就两点了 我明早要参加十点的礼拜
By the time I get home it’ll be two. I gotta get up for ten o’clock mass tomorrow.
好 回头见 – 你去那里 安吉
OK. I’ll see ya. – Hey, well, where you goin’? Hey, Ange.
明天十点作礼拜时见
Hey, I’ll see ya tomorrow after mass, huh?
这楼房♥有电梯吗
You got an elevator in this house?
我们住二楼
We only live one flight up.
好 明天见
OK. So I’ll see you tomorrow.

OK.
我大概作礼拜结束后十一点半打电♥话♥给你
Uh, I’ll give you a call about 11, 11.30, as soon as I get out of mass.
你最好两点半打来 我那时才会回来
Well, better make it around 2.30, because I won’t be home from my aunt’s till then.

Oh, OK.
好 明天见
OK. So… I’ll see you tomorrow night.

OK.
晚安 – 晚安
Good night. – Good night.
看样子你很开心
Did you have a nice time?
是的 我非常开心.
Yes, I did. I had a very nice time.
妈妈睡了
Is mommy asleep?
还没有睡呢 孩子
No, I’m not sleeping, dear.
你很开心
So, you enjoyed yourself?
是的
Yes, I did.
我马上就告诉你们
I’ll tell you about it in a minute.
那个年轻的医生似乎是个很好的人
It seems like a very nice man that young doctor.
事实上发生的事情是…
Actually what happened is that…
米莉和我遇到了他以前跳舞认识的女孩
that fellow that Millie brought up for me met a girl he knew at the dancing
他离开了她 我尽量…
And he left with her. I mean…
把这件事清晰表述出来.
Let’s see if I can tell it to you with some kind of clarity.
米莉和安迪 和年轻的医生 和我去星尘舞厅.
Millie and Andy, and the young doctor and I went to the Stardust Ballroom.
他并不真想呆在那里…
He actually didn’t want to come and stay in the first place, and…
我不知道米莉告诉他关于我的 但我肯定他很失望
I don’t know what Millie told him about me, but I’m sure he was very disappointed.
别这么难过 今晚我度过一个美好的时光
Don’t look so sad. I had a wonderful time this evening.
我遇到一个家伙 他是肉贩
I met a fellow. He’s a butcher.
嗯…
And…
我们坐在大康科德吃夜宵…
Well, we sat on a luncheonette at Grand Concord…
我想大概大9点直到午夜
I think from 9 o’clock until midnight.
继续说
Talking.
我们就是聊天.
That’s all we did. Talk.
我也不知道怎么了那么开心 高兴
I’m just trying to figure out why did I enjoyed myself so much.
我们就那样坐着聊天
We just sat and had pie.
他明天要打电♥话♥给我.
He’s gonna call me tomorrow.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!